• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Eberlestock gear

ryanshaw44

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2011
I've recently purchased a Eberlestock pack and I must say i'm very impressed with both the quality of the product and the service I have received. If your looking for quality tactical or hunting packs check them out!

Re: Eberlestock gear

I recently got the Eberlestock terminator in dry earth. Haven't gotten to take it out yet but so far I am impressed as well

I hike with my Lo Drag and it's great. With the bag cinched up tight it's very stable. Never thought I'd be able to hike with my rifle without it being a hassle.

Eberlestock gear is top notch. Have several of their bags. Two G4s and a drag bag. I don't crawl through miles of swamp to shoot or drag them behind my truck, but they are very well built and very well thought out designs.

I will put in a plug for Ceylon at Delta Outdoors, absolutely the best guy to buy Eberlestock from, great prices and some of the best customer service I have ever seen. And he is a Hide sponsor.

madd0c

Eberlestock packs are top notch! Can't say enough good things about their packs and Glen as a business owner. I just recently got one of the X3 Lo Drags and love it for a lighter weight pack compared to my other Phantom.

Ceylon,

Sir, when you have a chance, check your website email and post me back here or direct with your recommendations.

thank you, sir,

tony

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ceylon,

Sir, when you have a chance, check your website email and post me back here or direct with your recommendations.

thank you, sir,

tony </div></div>
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your post. <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Unfortunately, I can't find a message in my Inbox from you</span> EDIT: I FOUND IT, I'LL GET YOU AN EMAIL REPLY ON FRIDAY. Could you send it to my PM or [email protected]? Thanks!

One thing I LOVE about Eberlestock is that Glen Eberle has not rested on his laurels or past successes. They are continuing to innovate & evolve their gear.

I am looking to get an Eberlestock bag for my shooting/range bag. I want something that can have all my gear in it, shooting mat, ammo, range book, kestrel, knee/shoulder pads, snacks, eye/hearing protection, place to store my phone/keys/wallet. Putting a rifle in it would be a huge plus as I would like to do some tactical competitions and would like to have my hands free while moving about.

I was looking at getting either the Gunslinger II, the X3 LoDrag, or the H2 Gunrunner. I am leaning towards the Gunslinger as it has a nice section up top to store admin minutia like a kestrel, pens, log books and such. Yet I can't determine why it costs $100 more then the other two. Any ideas or suggestions on which way to go?

Hey ceylon

Speaking of innovation, I always thought they needed to do something to keep the weight of a load off the rifle, then as I just browsed around their site, I seen the a4ss scabbard. It appears to have some rigid inserts in the scabbard to do just that.

I was wondering if you have tried this product yet, and If so how well does it work. Ie if used with a bag secured to it, and a compression stap was used to keep things tight, would a rifle be able to be easily removed without loosing the compresion strap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking to get an Eberlestock bag for my shooting/range bag. I want something that can have all my gear in it, shooting mat, ammo, range book, kestrel, knee/shoulder pads, snacks, eye/hearing protection, place to store my phone/keys/wallet. Putting a rifle in it would be a huge plus as I would like to do some tactical competitions and would like to have my hands free while moving about.

I was looking at getting either the Gunslinger II, the X3 LoDrag, or the H2 Gunrunner. I am leaning towards the Gunslinger as it has a nice section up top to store admin minutia like a kestrel, pens, log books and such. Yet I can't determine why it costs $100 more then the other two. Any ideas or suggestions on which way to go?
</div></div>
If you're wanting a range pack, then either the GS II or X3 LoDrag will work great. The H2 Gunrunner is more of a hunting pack & while one can certainly use one as a range bag, it is not going to be better in that role than either the X3 LoDrag or Gunslinger 2.

In comparing the X3 & Gunslinger II, you mentioned that you like the organizer within the top lid's pocket of the GS 2. That is one feature that sets it apart from the X3 LoDrag. Cargo capacity is also consideration, as the Gunslinger 2 is approximately 2,900 cubic inches while the X3 is closer to 2,300. Weight is also a factor to consider (but not necessarily the most important, as most guys aren't hauling gear long distances at the range) as the GS 2 is nearly two pounds heavier than the X3. Finally, the design of the Gunslinger 2 is conducive to adding pouches & accessories to the molle webbing on all surfaces of the pack, while the angled construction makes mounting such gear really only possible to the front & top of the X3 LoDrag. The molle webbing located at the sides of the X3 is angled, making the mounting surface somewhat narrow for mag pouches, first aid pouches, etc.

These are just a few differences between the two packs. There are others as well (get in touch if you'd like to further discuss; don't want to take up too much of Frank's bandwidth here) but these are particularly evident when considering your intended applications. Bottom line, the "better" pack is going to come down to needs, applications & the user's budget. Both will do the job of a range pack VERY well. As to why there is a $100.00 difference in price between the two, you can look at that from two different perspectives: the X3 LoDrag is an UNBELIEVABLE value & should be priced higher, as it does nearly everything the Gunslinger 2 can do, or; the Gunslinger II offers a lot of features that makes it a good choice for nearly any shooting/hunting/tactical application, creating a market segment all it's own, which easily justifies the price.

Hope this helps & please ask if you'd like me to further elaborate on the two packs. Best of luck with you decision. I'd be honored to help you out...

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com
(901)334-6808

Hello all! This is my very first post on here. I am a SGT in the U.S. Army currently serving as a sniper in Afghanistan. My entire section procured Eberlestock packs before the deployment and after eight months here's what I have found: The pack is really convenient for carrying my M24 up and down these mountains. I can carry pretty much everything I need for a 24-48 hr mission in the summer. It's getting cold here now and don't have enough room for all my snivel gear though so I'm working on that issue. The pack is very comfortable without armor on but once you put armor on the straps tend to roll up and cut into my shoulders making the pack very uncomfortable to wear. My partner has the same issue with his. Every single one of our packs have had the same issue: the stiching is coming out on the top flap and some of them have torn off completely. Now I understand that I probably put my pack through a bit more hell than most folks back home will and all in all I am happy with my pack but I just thought I'd point that out. Also, our JTAC has one of the models specifically designed for his line of work and had no issues at all. Also a couple of our medics use the same bag I do as aid bags and they have had no issues. We may have just gotten a bad run or something and when I get home I'm going to send it in for warranty repair.

Ceylonc

Bought the Lowdrag bag from you at PMG and it is an outstanding range bag. I have spotter, tripod, range finder , bags, ammo and much more in that bag. It packs well and can be carried easy with the handles on all sides. Love the looks I get carrying it into the hotel with my gun tucked in. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, that is some great feedback. I went ahead and purchased the Gunslinger II, can't wait to get it!

hey Crew,

I'm talking with Ceylon about either a LoDrag3 or GS2. He is one helluva guy!! sets the standard AFAIC for how customer service should be. Anyways, before making a final decision I thought I'd ask this: Any of you all here found that the diagonally positioned molle strips on the lateral sides of the pack have been a pain in the ass to use when mounting gear? e/g gear flops round, harder to access. I mean here compared with more traditionally oriented strips? I'm not a doorbuster and, while I would, I'm a bit too old for the sandboxes
smile.gif

How does the Dry Earth compare to Coyote Brown? There are pictures on the Eberlestock website, but does anyone have any pics of dry earth and coyote packs side by side? I like the Skycrane and Warhammer packs. I think I'm going to go with one of those if I can decide which one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Double G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello all! This is my very first post on here. I am a SGT in the U.S. Army currently serving as a sniper in Afghanistan. My entire section procured Eberlestock packs before the deployment and after eight months here's what I have found: The pack is really convenient for carrying my M24 up and down these mountains. I can carry pretty much everything I need for a 24-48 hr mission in the summer. It's getting cold here now and don't have enough room for all my snivel gear though so I'm working on that issue. The pack is very comfortable without armor on but once you put armor on the straps tend to roll up and cut into my shoulders making the pack very uncomfortable to wear. My partner has the same issue with his. Every single one of our packs have had the same issue: the stiching is coming out on the top flap and some of them have torn off completely. Now I understand that I probably put my pack through a bit more hell than most folks back home will and all in all I am happy with my pack but I just thought I'd point that out. Also, our JTAC has one of the models specifically designed for his line of work and had no issues at all. Also a couple of our medics use the same bag I do as aid bags and they have had no issues. We may have just gotten a bad run or something and when I get home I'm going to send it in for warranty repair. </div></div>

Double G,

I have zero doubts Eberlestock will take care of you upon return. I had the top side carry handle tear loose on one end in the airport, on the way to Alaska for a grizzly hunt in 2008 with my J107 Firefly. Upon return, I called and talked directly to Glen. He gave me his addy. I mailed it directly to his home. He fixed it and returned it post hast.

6.5x47

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KyDmax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are awesome packs for sure, and x2 on Ceylon and Delta Outdoors </div></div>

What he said....Ceylon takes good care of us Hide members...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered a X3 Lo Drag today from Ceylon. Can't wait to get it. </div></div>
Thanks so much! Sent you a PM with the tracking # this morning.

Questions, please ask & thank again!

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

I just received my GS2 along with a bladder and lightweight rain cover from Ceylon. I quickly moved into it and I've worn it around the house a bit and WOW this thing is comfy. It replaced a Eagle AIII large pack which doesn't compare to this thing in comfort PLUS it carries a rifle. The quality is certainly there too, I use top notch gear including Eagle, SOTECH, Blackhawk and others and this gear is every bit as good quality.

I also can't say enough good things about Ceylon. He hooked me up with a incredible price and set the items aside for a couple days while I got the funds together. Then I had a tracking number the night I sent payment and it said it had already been picked up and arrived two days later. He also threw in a nice hat and it wasn't even one with a name promoting his business. Super nice and generous guy. Deltaoutdoorsman and Euro Optic are my go-to places to order gear and optics.

+++ for Ceylon. He helped me decide which pack best fit my needs. Just ordered the J51 Warhammer and A4SS Weapn Carrier both in Dry Earth. Can't wait!

That is great news! Thank you for the info. Sending it off will be pretty high on my list of priorities when I get home. Right after a cold beer and a good meal. Thanks again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey Crew,

I'm talking with Ceylon about either a LoDrag3 or GS2. He is one helluva guy!! sets the standard AFAIC for how customer service should be. Anyways, before making a final decision I thought I'd ask this: Any of you all here found that the diagonally positioned molle strips on the lateral sides of the pack have been a pain in the ass to use when mounting gear? e/g gear flops round, harder to access. I mean here compared with more traditionally oriented strips? I'm not a doorbuster and, while I would, I'm a bit too old for the sandboxes
smile.gif

</div></div>

You may have already made your decision but I cannot find any real good use for the side molle on the X3 LoDrag. Pouches placed there do tend to flop around when the bag is not full but I imagine I could make it work with a winter load since it would have more stuff in it.

The LoDrag feels a lot more stable when the side straps are cinched down good and tight. I tend to put rolls under those straps instead of any molle pouches. I put two SAW pouches on the waist strap molle, those work great there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister Ouchie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LoDrag feels a lot more stable when the side straps are cinched down good and tight. I tend to put rolls under those straps instead of any molle pouches. I put two SAW pouches on the waist strap molle, those work great there. </div></div>
Thanks for sharing. I sent your ENDO frame out & I'd be interested to hear if it helps in stability.

Thanks Ceylon! I'll be giving it a good workout.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceylonc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister Ouchie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LoDrag feels a lot more stable when the side straps are cinched down good and tight. I tend to put rolls under those straps instead of any molle pouches. I put two SAW pouches on the waist strap molle, those work great there. </div></div>
Thanks for sharing. I sent your ENDO frame out & I'd be interested to hear if it helps in stability.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monchichi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does the Dry Earth compare to Coyote Brown? There are pictures on the Eberlestock website, but does anyone have any pics of dry earth and coyote packs side by side? I like the Skycrane and Warhammer packs. I think I'm going to go with one of those if I can decide which one. </div></div>

Dry earth is an awesome color, blends very well. Looks like a rock from far away. the coyote brown looks less "natural".

I have 2 packs in Dry earth and one in Multicam. Great packs. Very comfy for hiking up and down the mountains with a rifle and gear.

Thanks Impact. I went ahead and ordered a pack in dry earth. I got it yesterday and I must say it's pretty badass.

I can say that I ended up dropping the money on a X3 lodrag in multicam from Ceylon on Thursday and he was extremely helpful. Without a doubt his customer service is top notch and I would recommend him to anyone even considering ordering something eberlestock, or anything else he offers. I will be definitely going to him in the future! You cannot go wrong ordering from him!

I'm like a women and purses when it comes to Eberlestock. I have a GS2 for comps, a X3 lodrag for hunting, a X1A1 for bow hunting, and Operator for hiking.

I don't think there is any other pack out there that is built superior like the Ebelestock.

100% satisfied.

I just got back from the Thunder Ranch High Angle rifle class. I used my Eberlestock Phantom in dry earth for this course and it was awesome. It was comfortable carrying the rifle and all of my equipment up and down the hills and it had just enough room to carry all of my kit as well as 2 3 liter water bladders. The bladders were the Source bladders that Eberlestock sells and they were very durable given the abuse they were given. Now if the packs were $400ish, I'd buy another.

Anarchist out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anarchist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now if the packs were $400ish, I'd buy another.

Anarchist out.</div></div>

Where are you shopping? I believe all the Eberlestock packs retail for under $400.

I can't say I'm too impressed with my Eberlestock GS2. After just a few weeks of very light use I just got it out of my truck and put it on my back and the stitching let loose on the shoulder strap. I looked at the other one and it's coming loose too. Anybody else had this problem with theirs? I just find it weird that BOTH of mine are defective.

I'm going to PM ceylon and see if he will return it.

Here's a pic of the one that let loose:

7009ad39.jpg

Here's where the other is coming apart.

af7c1558.jpg

cbd1e254.jpg

Damn, that sure doesn't look good! Ceylon is good to go, though, from what everybody here has said, and from my own experience talking with him.