• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Electronic Form 4 Wait Times

My guess is they are patching the current system so they don't have to reboot every hour due to high volumes of submissions. I'd bet the system will be back up and running within 30-days.

Filed 12/11
Returned ? Hope any day now.

What number are you all calling to check status?

I got thru to the NFA on Friday. Mine went pending on 2-21 and I was told August. Didn't write down the guy's name, but he said 6 months at this time. When mine was filed it was a 4 month wait. I was really looking forward to June. Oh well.

Texas Trust E Filed forms
I called the ATF any my 762-sdn-6 submitted in August was approved last week
I also checked on Sparrow 22lr Submitted September marked as pending in November expected to be completed by September
Wait and save cash for your next purchase

8 Months on the first can and I am told a year on the other two

Texas Trust E Filed forms
I called the ATF any my 762-sdn-6 submitted in August was approved last week
I also checked on Sparrow 22lr Submitted September marked as pending in November expected to be completed by September
Wait and save cash for your next purchase

8 Months on the first can and I am told a year on the other two

Those have to be paper form 4s. Also you should get that November pending by end of May based on current trends.

Still No Joy.

. - . - . -

Form 1, or 4?

Your close, but it's not trickling out in order. Assumptions are that examiners are playing spin the bottle on batches of eforms, and each form is from a different state. Yours may be sitting on the desk of a new assistant ( they comb slow to keep their jobs ).

Called to verify my trust name was correct and asked if today's magic number was still 6 months for e-file; it is.

Don't know if it helps but I just got Form 3's clear in under 21 days

Filed 3 paper Form 3's on 4/10/3014
Approved
5/1/2014

Let's hope all Forms get quicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suppressor: TBAC 30P-1
Trust
E-filed: 11/24/2013
Approved: 5/2/2014
Stamp in Hand: 5/2/2014

5 Months & 8 days

eFiled 3 Jan 14 - per Victoria mid Jan - "April". Call to Victoria 4/30 - "July". Seems like things are slipping - eFiles in Sep prior to "shutdown" were approved Dec, so WTF!!

E form submitted Dec. 2, 2013
Stamp received May 2, 2014
Picked up today May 3, 2014

Purchased from the Silencer Shop, Austin, Tx

Suppressor
Texas Trust
E-filed: 12/1/2013
Approved: 5/2/2014
Stamp in Hand: 5/2/2014

Right at 5 months

Paper forms are catching up.

My socom762-rc went pending Nov. 9th and arrived at dealer 5/2.

A little over 6.5 months. It will be interesting to see where the trend levels off at. I've only e-filed one item (still pending), but if the wait isn't much longer I'm probably go back to paper (I like having an actual stamp instead of a printed out pdf and the site will have to get a LOT better once it even comes back online again for form 3s and 4s.

I'm about to have my first form 4 submitted, generally speaking what do you all think I should do?

Wait to efile or paper submit?

Thanks!

I'm about to have my first form 4 submitted, generally speaking what do you all think I should do?

Thanks!

Same question

Thanks!

Same question

Paper wait times are dropping, and there's no ETA for Form 4s to be available through eFile again. Worse for eFiling, Forms 3 and 4 will be the last ones to be available again.

I'd go paper.

One of my shooting partners E Filed on a trust for a 30 cal can just at 7 weeks ago. He phoned me last night on his way to pick it up. Figured he was jacking with me but he has it in hand.

Damn I feel like as soon as I file eform 4s are gonna come back. I got an email from Capitol armory saying they believe it's going to be a long time because they think they're going to get a new efile system to handle form 4s, rather than just fixing the current system, but then again that email is a month old. I don't know what to think

One of my shooting partners E Filed on a trust for a 30 cal can just at 7 weeks ago. He phoned me last night on his way to pick it up. Figured he was jacking with me but he has it in hand.

Pics or it didn't happen!!
Would be great if they all went that quick

I texted him to snap a photo.

EDIT: Photo on hold as he is on the road for the next couple days.

EDIT: Guess it was over 7 weeks. (52 days)

IMG_9778.jpg

Last edited:
I would paper file. They are coming in faster, there is no ETA for form 1/4s to come back, and biggest of all, you can correct a paper form. You get denied on efile and 99% of the time you are at the back of the line again. With the difference being two months or so between paper and electronic I feel better about paper. Plus you get a cool stamp to show off!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in the same dilemma. I spoke to a dealer today who stated he was told form 1's should be up by next week.

I just don't want to paper file then wait close to a year like a lot of people. So frustrating.

Who is John Galt?

Tbac 30-p1 (all dates are approx)

Paperwork sent in august 30th 2013
Check cashed September 22nd 2013
Stamp received 5/5/2014

Much faster than the last stamp that took 14 months

EFORM 4

Submitted DEC 3 2013
Approved MAY 7 2014

Virginia

Last edited:
Just curious, what state are you from? Seems like everyone posting that they are receiving theirs are from Texas...

Fixed it. I'm in Va.

Yeah, Ive seen where Tx had 150 approvals one day for silencer shop.
November and December have been true a testimony on the 41p concerns. Their really are a ton of submittals leading up to dec9
Deadline for comments.

Is there any chance that Eform for form 4 will be back up before June?

Also - is there any issue with a place like Silencershop shipping you the item once the ATF issues the tax stamp? (in state) Or do you have to pick it up in person?

If you're also in Texas, they can mail it to you. Once your stamp clears, they mail you a 4473 which you fill out and mail back to them. Once they have the 4473, they can mail the suppressor to your door.

Also - is there any issue with a place like Silencershop shipping you the item once the ATF issues the tax stamp? (in state) Or do you have to pick it up in person?

Like vere said, plus there's a 7 day delay after your 4473 returns to them while they NOTIFY your county Sherrif. No, I'm not making that up.

I'd submit a paper form now, and just bite on a stick of wood.

Texas trust
Silencer co sparrow 22LR
Submitted 09/03/2013 pending nov 3rd called today still pending

Ya sure that wasn't paper filed?

Had to of been paper. You cant submit in September then go pending in November with eforms. Also, september eforms were all approved back in December.

Electronic Form 4 Wait Times

I had a form 4 filed on 12-19-13 and was approved 05-19-14 (5 months to the day)
I also submitted a form 1 on 02-23-14 under the same trust and it was approved within minutes of the first one. I guess they are grouping them together (which makes sense). That means the form 1 was back in less than 3 months! (but i'm sure it is only because it was grouped with another one of my applications)

Last edited:
If they were to group them it would sure give me motivation to slide another in on the coat tails of one 4 months in!

But I guess eforms would have to come back first...

Last edited: