• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Elk Fighting in River - Yellowstone National Park

Sendero_Man

OMWP... the way I roll
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 29, 2007
    Buffalo, Wyoming
    montanagunslings.com
    don't know who has seen it or not... But worth the watching !

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUQcMZLZpx8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUQcMZLZpx8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Elk Fighting in River - Yellowstone National Park

Awesome! I would give just about anything to chase a Bull elk like that during the rut.

The park sure grows some nice bulls

I was watching and just kept thinking please fight in the river! I've seen some videos but never any fighting in water. Cool video man.

Apparently those two did not know who they were messing with. At least the second one was smart enough to walk away before his ass whooping took place. Great video.

Imagine a bar fight, under water! Not a whole lot of breaths were taken by those two during that little skirmish.

The big boy was hurt and limping before the fight. Watch his right front knee as he's walking up toward those cows.

Man the old bull just took charge. Nice video

kinda what I thought...

was thinking others would enjoy seeing it. Not close to the live thing, but still good watching regardless !

Wow - I love to something even close to that some day.

Madison River....that part of the park is actually in Montana...

Sweet vid....thanks for posting that Scott! I miss going to the park in September....we should hook up and do that some fall!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Madison River....that part of the park is actually in Montana...

Sweet vid....thanks for posting that Scott! I miss going to the park in September....we should hook up and do that some fall!! </div></div>

will take you up on that Pat !

that's a good way to drown if you ask me.

xdeano

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Madison River....that part of the park is actually in Montana...

Sweet vid....thanks for posting that Scott! I miss going to the park in September....we should hook up and do that some fall!! </div></div>

will take you up on that Pat ! </div></div>

Scott, If I draw my Wyoming antelope license, I'll be passing through there in mid September. How far is Buffalo from West Yellowstone?

Cool video. Was glad to see the old bull with the limp win.

Thanks for sharing Scott!

So I wonder, how long can a bull hold his breath while fighting...

When he ran off, it looked more like a panicked run (I just inhaled 3 gallons of cold water and cut throat trout, must breathe), than a defeated subservient bull.

It just goes to show how old age and deviousness can always prevail over youth and exuberance. Notice how the old bull didn't start the fight until the intruder was up to his belly in the water. Caught him in a disadvantage. He just outshouted the second one. Because he had the same tables turned on the old bull that just finished the fight.

They are some pretty nice bulls, but all three are 6 pt. bulls. You can sure see a difference in rack weight though. The first guys rack was downright skinny. And the second intruder's rack was a good foot smaller than the big boy. Neither of the intruders seem to have much skill in winning though, all they would have to do is keep pushing the harem, knowing the old bull, with his limp, isn't going to keep up. I've seen that happen. When he's all tired from staying up then they come and fight him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Madison River....that part of the park is actually in Montana...

will take you up on that Pat ! </div></div>

Scott, If I draw my Wyoming antelope license, I'll be passing through there in mid September. How far is Buffalo from West Yellowstone? </div></div>

3 hours to Cody. about 5 to west yellowstone

great vid, and great audio. very cool, thanks for sharing

Yes, definitely worth watching! Amazing animals.