• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ever forgotten about stuff you had bought?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Was moving some things around in the reloading room today and realized that there was something lined up underneath the length of both benches (2 entire walls, making an L shape).

What did I find?

21 sealed spam cases of Russian 5.45 7n6 with 2160 rounds per case.

I remember I used to order them once a month for the hell of it when they were practically giving them away. In the meantime I ended up with a 5.45 Krinkov I never shoot and when the benches were built put them underneath it to get them out of the way.

Totally forgot I had them. On the bright side, I could probably retake Paris now.

This is like Christmas! And you could probably take Paris by pointing your finger and saying "Kapituleer"!

Tools, silver, reloading components (in bulk), oh, and thousands more in tools...

I order gun parts, scope rings, reloading tools that I think I need all the time. Much to my chagrin, I find out at some later time that I already had that stuff boxed away some where.

That is great. I lost a 50cal can of quarters. I forgot what it was labeled. I knew I had it but where? The odd part is the little bank chick was not impressed with that much change at all. I did have to show her how to open in and remove the lid.

Usually it's something like a nib Turner Sling, obsolete mags (Colt 10mm) or holster for some gun I don't have anymore (5 1/2 inch Freedom Arms holster anyone?) but never 21 cases of ammo. Man that's a lot of rounds to misplace

Years ago...my brother in law who is a few years older than I am mentioned he had lost a S&W revolver inside of his house. My sons laughed and asked how could a man loose a gun inside the house? Only now am I starting to understand how one can hide something outside the safe and forget where you hid it for safe keeping..

Earlier this year over breakfast my Bride told me she had found a case of 22lr. I went to investigate and found it was only half full but it was keeping company with a case of Retumbo. Great way to start the day!

Bought Seekins rings and a Holland level for a new scope a couple of weeks ago.
    Went out to the shop with the new stuff to mount the scope and found the identical rings and level I had removed from a scope I sold a couple of months ago.

Great find! I was going thru my ammo,taking inventory, and found a 50 rd box of UMC .32 RN. I have never owned a .32. And I can't remember how this box of ammo got here.

Went inventorying my reloading supplies the other day...found 2lbs of Varget and 2lbs of IMR-4064 that I failed to record last time.

Went to the Kalispell gun show in 1983 or 84 with a few buddies. We had two tables for the weekend. We all sold all sorts of stuff we had accumulated over the years. There was all sorts of crazy trading and swapping going on as well as some serious single malt "sampling".

Few years back I find the big tupperware storage box we kept all our gun show crap in, the table cover, price tags, etc. In the bottom there were half a dozen, cheapo, plastic pistol rugs. So cheap the plastic was breaking down and they were all stuck together. I was surprised that one flt heavy. Open it up and there's a 6", K-38 Smith!! An early 60's gun, diamond magnas and absolutely pristine bluing. With a $210 price tag in the case. HOW it had never rusted amazes me. Though it was in a closed tupperware case.

Also found SIX Buck sheath knives. From their small to the big Genral or whatever they called the Bowie style. All used, but 90% shape at worse. ALL older knives from the 50's and 60's. HOW I came to own those I have NO idea.

So yes...One CAN lose guns...especially when filled with single malt.

I've "found" a knife or two that I had totally forgotten I had. Since I collect knives - and by "collect" I mean I love knives and buy a shitload more of them than I'll ever possibly need or can use - and have a crappy memory, I suppose that was bound to happen sooner or later. It is fun to "find" stuff like that though!

Developing a progressive case of "CRS" does have its advantages. For instance, now I can hide my own Easter eggs!

ordering shit online while your deployed or stationed overseas and having it shipped to parents house, when return go thru a pile of shit you forgot you even ordered=winning

I found a box of 10 AR lowers a few weeks ago I forgot about... also found 1000 168gr SMK'S and 2 1000 round cases of ss109 they were all in a pile under my stairs and I havent seen them in about 5 years.. what a suprise

My garage looks like a fucking E-bay bomb exploded in there last night. I'm sure there's cool shit in some of those boxes........Not 40k of ammo cool but definitely lots of components and other awesome useful chit.
    Just got a parcel slip in the mail today and had to check my pm inbox to see what it was:rolleyes:

Pouring the foundation for a new 20x30 garage tomorrow:D

ordering shit online while your deployed or stationed overseas and having it shipped to parents house, when return go thru a pile of shit you forgot you even ordered=winning

THIS

Last year I tried to make a list of what I'd bought to make it easier. When I got to the FFL at the end of the year, he had my guns laid out on a table and I was running through my list and we were one short. I had NO idea what the hell I was missing. I drew a total blank. I pulled out the list and worked through it and we were missing an original matching Simson Luger that he'd put into a different safe than the rest of my stuff. I've wanted a Simson for years and I had "forgotten" that I'd bought one.

I currently have one whole room of miscellaneous stuff I've bought here over the past few years and haven't even opened, nor can I remember what I've already bought and what I still need to. I was about to order some Tripp mags and found an old PM in my box from earlier in the year where I'd already bought a bunch of them off the PX.

When I'm moving out of that house in a few weeks I just pray that I find a fraction of the rings, mounts, mags, ammo, slings, etc that I've bought off the Hide but didn't write down.

Found a fifth of patron in the freezer that never got opened. Don't even remember why I bought it. I drink bourbon.

I was 17 when I moved out of my parent's house and you wouldn't believe the stupid shit I found while moving. Being that I always cared more for working than school as a teen, I always had a large chunk of change on me at all times and that lead me to feeling the need to waste it on frivolous shit. One of the stupidest weapon related item I discovered was an old crossbow pistol that I tacticoolized. It was so stupid looking it was funny. I used to buy those crossbow pistols a lot back then because they pretty much were throw aways after the string would break. Anyways, this one had no string so it was useless in my eye so I took all the crap off it and just threw it away. Also found many stupid homemade paper targets my friends and I made of ourselves making stupid ass faces and trying to look thuggish.

I just found a bottle of 12 year old single malt scotch !!! in the mud room today I have no idea how it got there or when i bought it. I looked it up and aparently I paid just about $100 for it.. Thinking about it now I think I bought it a little over a year ago when I made some soap stone ice cubes to try out.. You throw them in th freezer and they get cold but they dont melt and water down your scotch

I have a lb of imr 4064 I wrote "condemned" on. Upon inspection I don't see why I wrote it but my 26 y/o self feels my 21 y/o knows better than me.

THIS

Last year I tried to make a list of what I'd bought to make it easier. When I got to the FFL at the end of the year, he had my guns laid out on a table and I was running through my list and we were one short. I had NO idea what the hell I was missing. I drew a total blank. I pulled out the list and worked through it and we were missing an original matching Simson Luger that he'd put into a different safe than the rest of my stuff. I've wanted a Simson for years and I had "forgotten" that I'd bought one.

I currently have one whole room of miscellaneous stuff I've bought here over the past few years and haven't even opened, nor can I remember what I've already bought and what I still need to. I was about to order some Tripp mags and found an old PM in my box from earlier in the year where I'd already bought a bunch of them off the PX.

When I'm moving out of that house in a few weeks I just pray that I find a fraction of the rings, mounts, mags, ammo, slings, etc that I've bought off the Hide but didn't write down.

Hey how far is your bar from Woodridge? Will be there Fri-Tuesday.