• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Exciting scopes coming from Bushnell the ERS & XRS Gen II

As good as the Actar, Razor GenII, ect, lol. Thats about as dumb as comparing it to the Athlon, which in my opinihas zero track record. What ever happened to snipershide, proven shit not just hopes for the latest and greatest.

The real question is, what will the Mil/LEO price be? When you can get a Gen 2 Razor 4-27 for $1300, thats going to be hard to beat.

I call bullshit. I just checked the price on that site and you're not even close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

As good as the Actar, Razor GenII, ect, lol. Thats about as dumb as comparing it to the Athlon, which in my opinihas zero track record. What ever happened to snipershide, proven shit not just hopes for the latest and greatest.

Are you saying Bushnell doesn't have a track record? Because that would be inherently false. Also what improvements would you make to the existing ERS/XRS DMRII lineup or would you be content to stay mid pack and not field a scope with comparable glass to the big players in the industry?

We shouldn't care about a quality brand like Bushnell finally fielding a scope that competes in the 2500$ market with what's out there? Or we should be disappointed because it's not better? Honestly what exactly is the point of your post? Truthfully curious.

Last edited:

Pretty sure the experticity rules state that you are not to make these prices public. I think vortex is one of the companies where the discount increases the more of their lessons you do. I checked last night as well and my price was not this but I only did 1 lesson.

Didn't see that anywhere, nor when u place and order is it on the terms for each manufacture. Either way, hard to choose.

Pretty sure the experticity rules state that you are not to make these prices public. I think vortex is one of the companies where the discount increases the more of their lessons you do. I checked last night as well and my price was not this but I only did 1 lesson.

Yeah, you've got the good hook up apparently. Mine are nowhere near that low price wise. Great deal though.

Yup, I asked because I'm on Experticity and my pricing ain't anywhere close to that posted here.

Primus In case you didn't know, Vortex reps are on the Hide, frequently. It's fucking awesome that you scored your telling point, but why don't you delete that post or the screen shot?

That's a good way to get a very nice program taken away. Please refrain from allowing your pride to interfere with this endeavor.

Much appreciated.

Primus In case you didn't know, Vortex reps are on the Hide, frequently. It's fucking awesome that you scored your telling point, but why don't you delete that post or the screen shot?

That's a good way to get a very nice program taken away. Please refrain from allowing your pride to interfere with this endeavor.

Much appreciated.

Sorry about that, went back and edited it out and removed the price. Sorry guys.

Bushnell has very good LE pricing by the way...just contact them and they will send you the price list and forms to fill out.

Contact info:
Colleen M. Cain
Bushnell Outdoors / Primos / Blackhawk
Military, Public Safety and Outdoor Professional VIP Program

(866) 543-0833 (toll free)
(303) 955-8590 (office)
(303) 955-8903 (fax)

I have a somewhat related question: with respect for the ERS 3.5-21, has this scope changed since its introduction in product specs? It looks like the reticle offering has changed, but aside from that, all the same? An improvement over the DMR, then the DMR2 improved the ERS?

crazy Bushy product line, as this scope, HDMR, DMR and H/DMR2 all seem to be same scope body with tweaks.

I'd love to know about the reticle options as I'm looking for something with a H59 or Tremor 3 and almost pulled the trigger on the 3.5-21 before I found out it was not illuminated.

I have a somewhat related question: with respect for the ERS 3.5-21, has this scope changed since its introduction in product specs? It looks like the reticle offering has changed, but aside from that, all the same? An improvement over the DMR, then the DMR2 improved the ERS?

crazy Bushy product line, as this scope, HDMR, DMR and H/DMR2 all seem to be same scope body with tweaks.

The DMR was a scope from a lower price point, the ERS is their next step up from the DMR, and still is supposed to be from the DMRII, but in my opinion the DMRII and the ERS are pretty much the same. The DMRII has lower turrets, and the ERS has a more complicated and probably more robust zero stop. The next iteration of the ERS mentioned in this thread I'm sure will hold the 2k price tag of its current model and be another fine offering from bushnell.

But yes different lines, same bodies, main difference is feature sets.

Sorry about that, went back and edited it out and removed the price. Sorry guys.

Thank you very much. I don't see contrition very often these days. Sight for sore eyes, right? Seriously, thank you for doing that.

ETA - meant to add that Bushnell is an awesome sponsor of mil and LE folks. They make outstanding optics and give customers a lot of bang for their bucks. Colleen is awesome too, super helpful. If anyone from Bushnell is reading this, thank you very much!

The DMR was a scope from a lower price point, the ERS is their next step up from the DMR, and still is supposed to be from the DMRII, but in my opinion the DMRII and the ERS are pretty much the same. The DMRII has lower turrets, and the ERS has a more complicated and probably more robust zero stop. The next iteration of the ERS mentioned in this thread I'm sure will hold the 2k price tag of its current model and be another fine offering from bushnell.

But yes different lines, same bodies, main difference is feature sets.

That is how I read it as well. Thanks. I think Bushnell can take some lessons in product line management. Too many "ERS's" floating around. DMR should be DMR, and probably better to have medium magnification, with a small body, like one would expect from a designated marksman scope. ERS now has old-line 4000 mixed in. No identity. Maybe cancel the entire line. XRS is clearly very long range, and no issue there, but then enter the LTRS and LRS and i or not illuminated, HD or not. Pretty all over the place in terms of brand identity.
:(

That is how I read it as well. Thanks. I think Bushnell can take some lessons in product line management. Too many "ERS's" floating around. DMR should be DMR, and probably better to have medium magnification, with a small body, like one would expect from a designated marksman scope. ERS now has old-line 4000 mixed in. No identity. Maybe cancel the entire line. XRS is clearly very long range, and no issue there, but then enter the LTRS and LRS and i or not illuminated, HD or not. Pretty all over the place in terms of brand identity.
:(

Bushnell has brand identity, they are just updating scopes every couple years, to keep up with the compitition. The LRS stuff is two generations old.

LRHS, and LRTS are 30mm small body 3-12 and 4.5-18, 10 mil, zero stop. The DMR, 3.5-21x50 5 mil no zero stop. The ERS, XRS, DMRii 10 mil, zero stop, 34mm 3.5-21x50 or 4.5-30 for the XRS. The ERS uses a different zero stop than the LRHS, LRTS and DMRII.

Anyone heard any news on this lately? IIRC we're supposed to see an announcement in September right?

21151539_1517984868295706_6110940608299495249_n.jpg

Posted on Melissa Gilland today.

Looks great...might be exactly what I'm looking for. hopefully has an h59 reticle offering on first release.

Pretty sure it's what I'll be shooting for for my comp rifle as well. Curious to see the weight.

It's a shame that the throw lever isn't foldable. I'll stick with my ERS "Gen 1" and the folding switchview throw lever. I do like the big numbers on the turret though.

It's a shame that the throw lever isn't foldable. I'll stick with my ERS "Gen 1" and the folding switchview throw lever. I do like the big numbers on the turret though.

The lever is on a dovetail. It can be removed very easily. Quite a nice feature. I just don't see how a folding version would be possible and still be mechanically sound.

I look forward to checking one out. I ran an original XRS on loan from George and I really liked it. My only complaint was the glass, to my eye it lacked contrast and sharpness especially in mirage. Despite how anyone feels about Bushnell and their products I'm happy to see this. Bushnell along with others have brought scopes to market at a price point that has allowed more people to participate in this sport.

I look forward to checking one out. I ran an original XRS on loan from George and I really liked it. My only complaint was the glass, to my eye it lacked contrast and sharpness especially in mirage. Despite how anyone feels about Bushnell and their products I'm happy to see this. Bushnell along with others have brought scopes to market at a price point that has allowed more people to participate in this sport.

That's pretty much the crux of the ERS/XRS gen I. Features were there, reliability was there, size/weight were there, glass was lacking for it's original retail price of 1999$. Good daylight scope with little to no mirage, though in heavy mirage or sunset some of the glass' short comings were quite evident. I remember vividly using my ERS at that K&M match on the 1100yd stage and then looking through Bryan's XRS Gen II and my friends Gen II razor and the disparity in how the former compared to the latter two was trivial.

Actually had a look at a H59 reticle today and hope it finds it's way into the XRS II. An open center or floating dot oriented G3 would also be welcome.

Does the new xrs have a 56mm objective?

I don't believe so, it looks to still be 50mm same as original XRS. I'm really curious if the new ERS II will have "better" glass than the DMR II, one would assume that to be the case and what about the XRS II, will that have "better" glass than the DMR II, if Bushnell manages to squeeze that off then I will be thrilled. Don't get me wrong, I think the DMR II is one amazing scope for the price, but I'd love to see them up the glass quality in the new ERS II/XRS II line as it seems pressure from Athlon and Vortex are definitely moving in that direction. Sure would be nice to see a better reticle than the G3, one with .2 mil hash across the stadia...

For the brief moment I had with it. It was better than my ERS and LRHS. The glass is a noticeable improvement in all directions for bushnell. The LRHS and DMR II offer very good glass for the money but is still lacking in resolution and color accuracy compared to the ATACR/Gen II razor, and 624i. Mainly because they're still exhibiting some CA. Though it is an improvement over their last gen HDMR/DMR/ERS/XRS.

The only true concern I have with this scope is the eyebox. I'd like to see something more generous than the former ERS/XRS provided. I'm also at this point almost positive that the XRS II and XRS II-i are it. I don't think there will be an ERS II at all. Less they have a plan to price them as the Gen II razors. Which could work, but 2500$ for the XRS II and 2200$ for the ERS II would be more of the same. I think the DMR II effectively fills the role of the old ERS and the XRS II becomes the flagship at 2199$ or so. Undercutting the ATACR and Gen II razors in a similar mag range.

Last edited:
For the brief moment I had with it. It was better than my ERS and LRHS. The glass is a noticeable improvement in all directions for bushnell. The LRHS and DMR II offer very good glass for the money but is still lacking in resolution and color accuracy compared to the ATACR/Gen II razor, and 624i. Mainly because they're still exhibiting some CA. Though it is an improvement over their last gen HDMR/DMR/ERS/XRS.

The only true concern I have with this scope is the eyebox. I'd like to see something more generous than the former ERS/XRS provided. I'm also at this point almost positive that the XRS II and XRS II-i are it. I don't think there will be an ERS II at all. Less they have a plan to price them as the Gen II razors. Which could work, but 2500$ for the XRS II and 2200$ for the ERS II would be more of the same. I think the DMR II effectively fills the role of the old ERS and the XRS II becomes the flagship at 2199$ or so. Undercutting the ATACR and Gen II razors in a similar mag range.

The eye box is my biggest complaint on my ERS.

Heard from Bushnell and they said "The coatings have been significantly upgraded since the release of the DMR II." speaking of the XRS II, so doesn't sound like a glass upgrade but a coating upgrade; however, if the XRS already had upgraded glass, then a coating improvement could make a big difference especially in CA and overall contrast.

Has anyone heard anything on a street date on these? i was super impressed seeing them and handling them back in February. I've been chomping at the bit to get a new scope and want to pull the trigger on these when they launch, but no one seems to know anything new on them.

I heard mid November from looking at Melissa Gilliands page. A buddy sent me this. Said it was from the PRS forum.

Attachments

• photo75435.jpg
    photo75435.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 43
I've not heard anything. Keeping my ear to the grindstone or whatever the saying is. Last i saw one was George's Antelope hunt he had one on his 6.5 SAUM. I think we're still 2-3 weeks away from release.

I hope they keep the GAP G2 reticle. I love this reticle more than any of my SKMRs, EBRs, or S&B offerings. I would have it in all of my glass if I could. The only reason the original XRS is still on my 6CM is the G2. Can’t wait for a XRS2 under the tree....

It's not my favorite reticle. It's a good one but i have really grown to like the EBR2C and the H59 is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

I just checked missy’s Book of face and hers has the G2.....great now I have an EH1 and 30 cal Proof in hand, with a SR3 in the works for a new hunter and bushnell drops this bomb at the same time. #FirstWorldProblems

I just checked missy’s Book of face and hers has the G2.....great now I have an EH1 and 30 cal Proof in hand, with a SR3 in the works for a new hunter and bushnell drops this bomb at the same time. #FirstWorldProblems

Missy has a G3 in hers. They're not offering the G2 in the new models, but there's not a lot different between the G2 and G3. The biggest change is the addition of 1.2 mil windage hashes for movers.

Based on what I was told last week, XRS2s should start shipping around the end of November, or early December.

Missy has a G3 in hers. They're not offering the G2 in the new models, but there's not a lot different between the G2 and G3. The biggest change is the addition of 1.2 mil windage hashes for movers.

Based on what I was told last week, XRS2s should start shipping around the end of November, or early December.

Even better!

Release date and MSRP announced! wjm308 Hope you can get your hands on one early for a review.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgeorge.gardner.54%2Fposts%2F10155215424148510&width=500" width="500" height="536" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Last edited:
Appears to be a nice upgrade. Can’t wait to see some reviews. Anyone know a ballpark figure for the LE discount?