• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Exciting scopes coming from Bushnell the ERS & XRS Gen II

Just taken with my I phone so not a great pic,the H59 At 15x.
8466E5E8-686B-4ABA-855F-8B1BDFDDB3F5.jpeg

I’ll have some more pics through the glass later once I slow down enough to mount them. However upon first inspection fit and finish, it is certainly top notch all the way from the packaging down to the sleeve and caps supplied. The clicks on the turrets are good and positive not too mushy or too stiff. I also liked how the turrets were marked that’s mostly personal preference along with really liking the grey color option. Secondly I really really like the new zero stop adjustment. After having the gen1 scope I feel this a much better improvement that was a must to really make or break this scope as an improvement over previous platform.

Attachments

• 720A2CC9-07DA-49F5-B7F8-A8B0AA2F7E70.jpeg
    720A2CC9-07DA-49F5-B7F8-A8B0AA2F7E70.jpeg
    323.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 97E28FE2-BE57-4EF1-A8C1-77D3433A9BDA.jpeg
    97E28FE2-BE57-4EF1-A8C1-77D3433A9BDA.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 185
  • FA37E878-999A-4705-8720-3A08FCDF3452.jpeg
    FA37E878-999A-4705-8720-3A08FCDF3452.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 4F013021-F2F6-491D-B7D3-C8BD83D71CFE.jpeg
    4F013021-F2F6-491D-B7D3-C8BD83D71CFE.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 61D0BA55-D0AD-4223-93E9-0ADF6421462A.jpeg
    61D0BA55-D0AD-4223-93E9-0ADF6421462A.jpeg
    403.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 4448ACC9-E6FD-466C-8112-5010D5768F62.jpeg
    4448ACC9-E6FD-466C-8112-5010D5768F62.jpeg
    449.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 3D8B2CCC-2DEE-4528-B583-B4A69E6236BD.jpeg
    3D8B2CCC-2DEE-4528-B583-B4A69E6236BD.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 204
  • BCBAA058-E5F7-458C-953D-F96FE805849C.jpeg
    BCBAA058-E5F7-458C-953D-F96FE805849C.jpeg
    524.2 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: Nathan11B
Any opinions on the G3 vs H59? I think the H59 will be more suitable for longer ranges and comps. Is it useable at all below 7 power?

I prefer the H59, love the floating dot and 2/10th holds. It's busy but nothing that's unusable.

Nice Scope Zach, I hope they do a Coyote coloured version.

Thank you! I think they are doing an fde color but I’m unsure of the coyote color. But I did manage to get a couple of pictures though the glass and after owning two vortex Gen2’s I believe the glass is equally as good and quite possibly better. To me the color and brightness was impressive especially only having 50mm objective. Now bear with my terrible picture taking skills plus this was all done in a matter of 10-15 minutes trying to beat the incoming weather.

Attachments

• 2D756F58-5CCF-4BB3-96C4-D5B721AE6F8D.jpeg
    2D756F58-5CCF-4BB3-96C4-D5B721AE6F8D.jpeg
    389.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 83A7220A-147D-41D9-BE73-4388C51B360B.jpeg
    83A7220A-147D-41D9-BE73-4388C51B360B.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 9CBD4287-3A01-42A1-8801-77E533F3FA1A.jpeg
    9CBD4287-3A01-42A1-8801-77E533F3FA1A.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 2BDA7395-EF20-4BA2-8BA0-FB6BEE88316E.jpeg
    2BDA7395-EF20-4BA2-8BA0-FB6BEE88316E.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 247
  • D7E21AB9-B9E8-462D-BE1F-20A93CA19446.jpeg
    D7E21AB9-B9E8-462D-BE1F-20A93CA19446.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 291
  • 1DD0A8B6-F830-4513-B980-648BFA6B5E9B.jpeg
    1DD0A8B6-F830-4513-B980-648BFA6B5E9B.jpeg
    697.5 KB · Views: 275
The last two pictures are at roughly 10x mag and to the top of that hill is roughly 1200yds to give an idea of distances. Once again sorry for pics that really don’t do the scope justice.

Reactions: MilDot1960
Wow, Awesome Scope Zach, I like that Ret and on that rifle I think I prefer the colour of that one you have there looks good on that rifle,

That is a lot of scope for the money, heck of a lot. let us know how you get on with it, Looks like a must have Item

Thanks for the pictures,

John.

PS, I hope you don't mind but I stole 2 of your pictures, Love that thing. (y)

PPS, just a quick question but what is the exact model of that scope, ?. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you! I think they are doing an fde color but I’m unsure of the coyote color. But I did manage to get a couple of pictures though the glass and after owning two vortex Gen2’s I believe the glass is equally as good and quite possibly better. To me the color and brightness was impressive especially only having 50mm objective. Now bear with my terrible picture taking skills plus this was all done in a matter of 10-15 minutes trying to beat the incoming weather.

Zach1020, what's the barrel length? Thanks.

Thank you all I’m just trying to get everyone the feel for the scope knowing there is so few out currently cause I too myself was hesitant but once I got my hands and eye on it I believe it really shines with the best on the market. I’ll certainly keep updated on how it performs and get better through glass pictures. Also I’ll post a pic of the other rifle I put one on.

Wow, Awesome Scope Zach, I like that Ret and on that rifle I think I prefer the colour of that one you have there looks good on that rifle,

That is a lot of scope for the money, heck of a lot. let us know how you get on with it, Looks like a must have Item

Thanks for the pictures,

John.

PS, I hope you don't mind but I stole 2 of your pictures, Love that thing. (y)

PPS, just a quick question but what is the exact model of that scope, ?. Thanks.

Thank you very much I too love the color! And not a problem you can steal any picture I post I’m not territorial on my pictures haha!
I don’t have part number on hand and for whatever reason bushnell’s site I can not find the number so here is the link
http://bushnell.com/tactical/riflescopes/elite-tactical/4-5-30x50,-ill-g3#

Zach1020, what's the barrel length? Thanks.

Barreled action was done by Short Action Customs it is a Bighorn TL2 action Chambered in 6.5 CM 23” finished length

Reactions: MilDot1960
How's the eyebox?

AC5FF7EE-73F0-4795-8A29-F0E7F1A46F2C.jpeg

AC5FF7EE-73F0-4795-8A29-F0E7F1A46F2C.jpeg

I have been comparing it to my March & S&B.Bushnell has done a great job on the glass,but I’m yet to test it in the field.I have been spending time behind it looking at different objects,trees etc and it’s very good.
It’s bright,clear and comfortable to look through,compared to the other two scopes the only thing it can’t quite do as well and I’m being very picky here,is resolve very fine details and exact colors quite as good.(it’s 90% there to my eyes).At this stage
would I feel disadvantaged using the Bushy in a comp....NO WAY!

Last edited:
How's the eyebox?

I also agree with M338 it is rather decent, of course do still expect it to close up slightly with going all the way to 30x however I do not think it is nearly as bad as I felt the previous gen1 XRS was. That’s awesome to hear M338 I’ve only had razor Gen2’s and Leupold MK6 to compare to (which I think has certainly exceeded the bar set bar those scopes) but good to hear that it is up to snuff with the other high end manufacturers!

Reactions: M338
View attachment 6878132
View attachment 6878132

I have been comparing it to my March & S&B.Bushnell has done a great job on the glass,but I’m yet to test it in the field.I have been spending time behind it looking at different objects,trees etc and it’s very good.
It’s bright,clear and comfortable to look through,compared to the other two scopes the only thing it can’t quite do as well and I’m being very picky here,is resolve very fine details and exact colors quite as good.(it’s 90% there to my eyes).At this stage
would I feel disadvantaged using the Bushy in a comp....NO WAY!
Tier One rings on the PMII ? I thought I was the only one here who'd used them... ;)

Reactions: M338
Can someone who the new ERS II and an NF Atacr or Vortex Gen II comment on the glass. I'm hearing ED glass, as good as the ATACR/Vortex - just haven't seen much from those who own both/all 3

Last edited:
I’ll have some more pics through the glass later once I slow down enough to mount them. However upon first inspection fit and finish, it is certainly top notch all the way from the packaging down to the sleeve and caps supplied. The clicks on the turrets are good and positive not too mushy or too stiff. I also liked how the turrets were marked that’s mostly personal preference along with really liking the grey color option. Secondly I really really like the new zero stop adjustment. After having the gen1 scope I feel this a much better improvement that was a must to really make or break this scope as an improvement over previous platform.
Do the XRS ii come with a sunshade. Cant see one in the box.

I've had my XRS II FDE for a few days now, only got a original 4.5-30 XRS and 3.5-21 DMR IIi to compare it to. The scope is mounted but I haven't shoot with it yet.

But the glass is a big improvement to my eyes. In lower light the original XRS can get pretty darkish above 23-25x and the image washes out a bit. I didn't see that with the XRS II, at dusk the XRS had to be set at 24-25X to match the clear image of the XRS II set on 30x.

Overall I'm very happy, I think the image is brighter/clearer and doesn't wash out. Be interesting to compare it to higher spec scope.

I've had my XRS II FDE for a few days now, only got a original 4.5-30 XRS and 3.5-21 DMR IIi to compare it to. The scope is mounted but I haven't shoot with it yet.

But the glass is a big improvement to my eyes. In lower light the original XRS can get pretty darkish above 23-25x and the image washes out a bit. I didn't see that with the XRS II, at dusk the XRS had to be set at 24-25X to match the clear image of the XRS II set on 30x.

Overall I'm very happy, I think the image is brighter/clearer and doesn't wash out. Be interesting to compare it to higher spec scope.

I agree that is the very first improvement aside from turret design I too can agree with that stood out the most!

Yes, the turrets! Big improvement, they are now normal size and make the scope feel a lot more compact.

I re-read my post above it seems I was a bit harsh on the original XRS, I still like it and will still use it as well. The sweet spot is around the 15-22x mag which is 99% of my shooting. Just the new XRS II is a fair bit better.

I would suggest any guys in Oz reading this get into the deals that are available with the XRSii currently. Mine arrived today, illuminated version and it is the best money spent yet. Spent a little time comparing to other scopes including NF ATACR F1 5-25 and 4-16, Razor Gen2, and a MK6 3-18. It is good.

I would suggest any guys in Oz reading this get into the deals that are available with the XRSii currently. Mine arrived today, illuminated version and it is the best money spent yet. Spent a little time comparing to other scopes including NF ATACR F1 5-25 and 4-16, Razor Gen2, and a MK6 3-18. It is good.

How close to the ATACR would you say the glass is? Can you also comment on the eye box, that's probably my biggest concern with the XRS2

Last edited:
Okay I have a XRS II now so I'll answer my own question. I Compared it directly with my ATACR. The Bushnell is 95% of the way there on the glass i.e. more than good enough. Turrets are good - not very audible but the spacing is on point and the lower profile (relative to the Gen 1) is a welcome change.

Basic functions - FF eyepiece, parallax, mag ring (throw lever is a nice touch) and locking windage all do what they should and give the impression of being well made and robust - I guess I'll find out once I've managed to get some rounds under it.

My concern with this scope was the eye box and it is sensitive to head position - more so than I'd prefer but I've only spent an hour or so dry firing from different positions and adjusting my stock/rings - so I need more time with it to draw hard conclusions. I opted for the H59 reticle and it's well presented in this optic - useable from about 8x and primed for 15-25x. All said it seems a good scope and a very decent option in the upper mid range. This one will sit on my backup comp gun and I'm looking forward to ringing it out over the next few months while I wait for the Minox MR4 to become available again.

Does XRS2 have the push in pull out locking windage turret like the dmr2? Are the clicks spaced the same as the DMR2?

Does XRS2 have the push in pull out locking windage turret like the dmr2? Are the clicks spaced the same as the DMR2?
Yes to both. I still haven’t played with the zero stop but the turrets seem to be the same. The XRSII now has half mil markings and slightly updated styling.

Reactions: demolitionman
Okay I have a XRS II now so I'll answer my own question. I Compared it directly with my ATACR. The Bushnell is 95% of the way there on the glass i.e. more than good enough. Turrets are good - not very audible but the spacing is on point and the lower profile (relative to the Gen 1) is a welcome change.

Basic functions - FF eyepiece, parallax, mag ring (throw lever is a nice touch) and locking windage all do what they should and give the impression of being well made and robust - I guess I'll find out once I've managed to get some rounds under it.

My concern with this scope was the eye box and it is sensitive to head position - more so than I'd prefer but I've only spent an hour or so dry firing from different positions and adjusting my stock/rings - so I need more time with it to draw hard conclusions. I opted for the H59 reticle and it's well presented in this optic - useable from about 8x and primed for 15-25x. All said it seems a good scope and a very decent option in the upper mid range.

Please continue to post your impressions as you get more time with it - I'm eyeing it as the 30% does apply to the Elite Tactical line here in Canada.

I spent a little more time comparing the Razor gen2, atacr F1, and the XRSII. The ultimate winner between them is the NF. But with the current prices are here in Oz I would buy two XRSii over a single NF everytime. The XRSii is a very good scope.
The glass between it and the NF is very close. Comparing them at 650m with afternoon sun I would not say you were at a disadvantage using the Bushnell. With both I could read a car badge on the guard of the vehicle, but it was slightly easier with the NF.

What gives the impression that the NF is much better is the greater FOV. When you look through the NF seeing more of the image compared to the XRSii does put the NF at an advantage. The XRSii is 50mm compared to 56mm and the scopes design is greatly different between the two. Both scopes were at 25x the whole time.

The turrets on the XRSii are defined and audible. The zero stop very easy to set. The eyebox was pretty good, I would not say critical at all. I didn't have an issue getting behind it. This was at 25x. I have not checked the illumination yet.

Overall I am impressed with the XRSii. Here in Oz they can be had at $1800aud. At this price point there isn't a scope that can match it. I am considering purchasing another before the big price increase. I will give the XRSii the big thumbs up. Wouldn't I buy one at the projected price of $2900aud. Not a chance. I'd wait for a secondhand ATACR F1.

I spent a little more time comparing the Razor gen2, atacr F1, and the XRSII. The ultimate winner between them is the NF. But with the current prices are here in Oz I would buy two XRSii over a single NF everytime. The XRSii is a very good scope.
The glass between it and the NF is very close. Comparing them at 650m with afternoon sun I would not say you were at a disadvantage using the Bushnell. With both I could read a car badge on the guard of the vehicle, but it was slightly easier with the NF.

What gives the impression that the NF is much better is the greater FOV. When you look through the NF seeing more of the image compared to the XRSii does put the NF at an advantage. The XRSii is 50mm compared to 56mm and the scopes design is greatly different between the two. Both scopes were at 25x the whole time.

The turrets on the XRSii are defined and audible. The zero stop very easy to set. The eyebox was pretty good, I would not say critical at all. I didn't have an issue getting behind it. This was at 25x. I have not checked the illumination yet.

Overall I am impressed with the XRSii. Here in Oz they can be had at $1800aud. At this price point there isn't a scope that can match it. I am considering purchasing another before the big price increase. I will give the XRSii the big thumbs up. Wouldn't I buy one at the projected price of $2900aud. Not a chance. I'd wait for a secondhand ATACR F1.
Prices are going to get bumped to $2900?! What the fuck. I paid $2700 for my 4-16x ATACR

Pricing in Oz seems pretty much on par with Canada - the base and H59 versions are available at a hair under $2900 CAD. With the 30% discount they are the most competitive option out there as best I can tell. Nothing else with LOW quality glass and a comparable zoom range seems available for less than $3000 CAD.

I have an LRHS and it is a fine scope as far as I can tell, but I'm itching for an upgrade and this is looking like the one to go for. The (H)DMR II is also on sale, but I keep reading how the glass isn't really better than the LRHS/LRTS series.

Sigh. I guess I really don't need that second kidney.....

Got some rounds under the XRS II this morning with my .243. I'm becoming increasingly impressed. I cranked it to the full 30x and was easily able to follow trace all the way onto steel at 500m. While the eye box is perfectly fine for prone or bench stuff, it's a little tight for seated/kneeling but nothing that should be an issue with a little training. This is also my first exposure to the H59 reticle and I like it more than I was expecting to.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, for the Aussie guys able to jump on the current deals through magnum sports this is the best deal on optics going. I may even get another.

Pricing in Oz seems pretty much on par with Canada - the base and H59 versions are available at a hair under $2900 CAD. With the 30% discount they are the most competitive option out there as best I can tell. Nothing else with LOW quality glass and a comparable zoom range seems available for less than $3000 CAD.

I have an LRHS and it is a fine scope as far as I cThe (H)DMR II is also on sale, but I keep reading how the glass isn't really better than the LRHS/LRTS series.

Sigh. I guess I really don't need that second kidney.....

Im not sure if my dmr2 is an exceptional example or the lrhs I compared it to was sub par but my eyes told me my dmr2 has significantly better glass than the previous lrhs. At least as far as CA, color rendition and dynamic range. Mostly dynamic range as there was a significant difference in darker areas in the mid range of the magnification range.

Reactions: adamjma
I've been running mine since December or so, and I am happy as shit with the XRS2 - enough so that I bought a second one for my trainer. If anyone's going to the Bushnell match in TX this weekend, there will be a few XRS2s running around if anyone wants to get a peek through one.

Im not sure if my dmr2 is an exceptional example or the lrhs I compared it to was sub par but my eyes told me my dmr2 has significantly better glass than the previous lrhs. At least as far as CA, color rendition and dynamic range. Mostly dynamic range as there was a significant difference in darker areas in the mid range of the magnification range.

Thanks for this. There just aren't any of these scopes in my area to look through so I'm pretty heavily reliant on the experience of others to help me make decisions.

Okay I should comment on the XRS II eyebox since I was somewhat critical of it in earlier posts. I replaced the rail on my tikka which allowed me to mount the scope further forward - this made a significant difference to the flexibility of the eyebox - so much so I've just ordered another XRS - these scopes are amazing value at the prices current offered in Australia (for a limited time). Zeroed at 100m my .243 has 19.9 mils of elevation with a 20moa base. I also appreciate the spacing on the clicks with the 10mil/rev turret - I fiddled with a S&B US with a 17mil turret recently and much prefer the bushnell spacing - the clicks on the XRS II aren't as stiff or audible as my 3-12 LRHS, but they are solid enough and provide good feel.

A point on the illumination - it is easily the best I've ever dealt with (including S&B's, Premiers, USO's, Nightforce, March etc). It's very subtle at the lowest settings and completely daytime bright in harsh sunlight in the higher intensity settings. There is zero bleed - it is awesome.

Unfortunately they don't offer illumination with the H59 reticle but the G3 is a good example of a usable clean reticle so it will suffice.

Last edited:
Okay I should comment on the XRS II eyebox since I was somewhat critical of it in earlier posts. I replaced the rail on my tikka which allowed me to mount the scope further forward - this made a significant difference to the flexibility of the eyebox

Would you be able to post a picture of the new setup? I am also running a Tikka action and have a pretty short length of pull (12.5" / 317 mm) so I am worried about having enough rail to position the scope without the rings being too close to the turrets.

the clicks on the XRS II aren't as stiff or audible as my 3-12 LRHS, but they are solid enough and provide good feel.

I have both the LRHS 3-12 and 4.5-18, and I tend to find the former performs a bit more optically - if you don't mind, could you compare the LRHS to the XRS II?

Appreciate very much all the feedback on the XRS II. Just waiting for the tax return to drop into my account!

Would you be able to post a picture of the new setup? I am also running a Tikka action and have a pretty short length of pull (12.5" / 317 mm) so I am worried about having enough rail to position the scope without the rings being too close to the turrets.

I have both the LRHS 3-12 and 4.5-18, and I tend to find the former performs a bit more optically - if you don't mind, could you compare the LRHS to the XRS II?

Appreciate very much all the feedback on the XRS II. Just waiting for the tax return to drop into my account!

My length of pull is 14.2' - I was originally using a tier one 20moa base, switched to an egw base that provides another inch or so in which to mount the scope further forward. Lop is completely dependant on body shape /size so may not be relevant for you. That said you'll notice in the picture that I have both scopes mounted as far forward as possible.
69EC8F16-87A6-47DF-9897-090DBBC99211.jpeg
On my Surgeon action I couldn't use my spuhr mount and have a clear sight picture, swapped to nightforce ultralight 4 screws which are among the narrower rings out there - issue now resolved. For info I'm running these on manners t5 stocks.

Re the glass, it's either on par or a fraction behind my ATACR - the fact I can't be sure should tell you everything you need to know about that comparison.I'm a big fan of the lrhs, the glass in the xrs is better - but I'm not really the guy to ask about glass except to say the image through the scope with the Xrs is excellent - I can't imagine that it would cost me a single point in a match vs a S&B or similar.

This is a compact scope (about as long as my nightforce 4-16) with a very impressive mag range, there is almost no tunnelling, good reticles, very sound controls, tracks (at least to 500m so far) and has a great warranty - buy with confidence.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to justify stepping into the 3k+ range for a world class scope. And believe me I've done that many times in the past

Last edited: