• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Exp with Steiner PVS-21 Low profile?

Justsomeone

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2019
Hello all. I'm new here and searched the forums before posting this.

Does anyone have hands on experience with the Steiner PVS 21 low profile nvgs? I've seen a few reviews of people that seemed like they were trying to sell them. The website is generic and the websites selling them copied that same generic info. I'm planning on getting a first (and last - as the wife will undoubtedly demand) set of nvgs.

I was looking at these specifically as they can be fitted with a thermal for a civilian own-able fusion setup.

Thanks all,
justsomeone

Last edited:
I would stick with a more ubiquitous design if possible. The proliferation of dual tubes in the RNVG or Sentinel footprint has become pretty substantial. There are more people that are able to service standard dual tubes with much more aftermarket support. If it were me, I would be hesitant on making such a large investment on something relatively unproven.

I would stick with a more ubiquitous design if possible. The proliferation of dual tubes in the RNVG or Sentinel footprint has become pretty substantial. There are more people that are able to service standard dual tubes with much more aftermarket support. If it were me, I would be hesitant on making such a large investment on something relatively unproven.

Is there a fusion system that you'd suggest? I'm aware of the COTI clip on which seems excessively large.

Is there a fusion system that you'd suggest? I'm aware of the COTI clip on which seems excessively large.

I don’t believe the PVS21 has a native and built in thermal sensor. You would have to attach some sort of “COTI” to it in order to get a fusion set up. The picture on their website shows it linking to a rifle mounted thermal and overlaying it into the display. I doubt there is much support for this feature because the PVs21s were not widely adopted. I think a set of sentinels or RNVG with a COTI Could be the best answer.

My understanding is the 21 will accept and overlay any input it gets on a standard BNC our connector.

The one real “drawback” I’ve heard of in my limited exposure to the 21 is the intensifiers are pretty much potted permanently from the factory

Ak_stick, potted is no good. Id rather not have a set of throw-aways.

Bantaman2, can you provide a link for the ones you're speaking about? I'm truthfully OK with the COTI, but I'm worried about +3lbs dangling 6" my face.