• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Face targets

daveog

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I'm a sniper team leader for a law enforcement agency and am in need of real face targets for use in target identification drills. Does anyone know anywhere to get them? I could run around the office taking pictures of people, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be realistic or challenging since we know all of them.

Thanks!
Dave

Re: Face targets

The fellas at Santa Clara County Sniper school use artist renderings of actual suspects. They are drawings, but perfect for what you are looking for. As a matter of fact, we conducted target identification drills using them. 100 yards at dusk and shot till you could no longer identify your target due to the darkness. It was an outstanding drill. PM me and I can fax you some that I have. I think I have over a dozen currently.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">LonewolfUSMC had a thread a while back showing his department's head shot targets. I believe they were mannequin heads donated from a cosmetics/beauty school in his community(they had pretty realistic facial features, hair, etc). I always thought that was a pretty spiffy idea since 3D gives you a lot more options than 2D. Might be something worth looking into.</span>

Edit: Disregard previous text. I didn't read OP's query as carefully as I should have.

I used our agency's jail photo system. I selected photos of inmates that were only booked once and showed out-of-county addresses to avoid possible complaints (got to love small communities sometimes). The photos were saved as .jpg images. The photos were then imported into MS Paint and scoring zones were added, and in some cases I made hostage targets by cutting parts of two images and merging them together. After the photos were modified, they were saved as a new .jpg then imported into a Word document. After they were in the the Word document I just enlarged them to fill a full sheet of paper.

It was a fairly lengthy process, but I got the targets we needed.

I got several random pics off the internet of kids. I use them for school shooting scenarios. They work good for target ID and after explaining the psychology behind being prepared to shoot a child, you can see a light bulb go off in the shooter's heads.
Can email them if you need them.

Do like we did when we were in Cuba and we didnt have any targets. Told my young Marine to have face targets for us to shoot in the demo for the base General.

Yep he did a great job!! Grab up some baby/parenting magazines and we had plenty of baby faces to shoot at!! REALLY no joke!!

Magazines offer a good varety of face targets. Ad's and stuff as well as your least favorite TV stars.

But as stated earlier we offer a host of downloadable target pages that may assist in your training.

Happy Shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Grab up some baby/parenting magazines and we had plenty of baby faces to shoot at!! REALLY no joke!!

Magazines offer a good varety of face targets. Ad's and stuff as well as your least favorite TV stars.

</div></div>

I've found that the wife's / girlfriend's People or Star or whatever "gossip" magazines have great pictures for this and after she's read them they are mine for the taking. Wife or girlfriend doesn't read these, then try a hairstyle magazine for lots of head shots.

We prefer you use live female's for that!! But if you need something we will help you out
smile.gif

Mugshots.com

That is where I get a lot of mine for targets and for sniper/observer dialogue work!

daveog
I have the FBI Qual face target I can email you, just send me an email and I wil reply with targets. Mark

never use jail database can you imagine this question in court\\

officer smith is it true you have used the defendants picture as a target at the the range prior to shooting said subject????? is it true you have been planning no hoping to shoot him since that day??????

as little a chance as there is of this happening use other sources

Not smart at all. Your targets can be subpeonaed. Why are you shooting at any real persons face. You only demonstrate you desire to be sued. Try HEAT targets. They are random generated faces by a computer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chuck746</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mugshots.com

That is where I get a lot of mine for targets and for sniper/observer dialogue work! </div></div>

Similar to Chuck I just did a Google search for mugshots and adjusted the size of the photo to print out as near to real size as possible. The possible targets are endless and sometimes comical.
2723.jpg
eminem.jpg
nolte.jpg