• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Facebook looking to ban all pro gun posts.

WTF is Facebook?

Seriously, Facebook embodies everything that is wrong with this self-centered/self-important country. It's noting but a soap box where people only post the best things (and lies) about themselves there's nothing real about it (just like modern society).

P.S. Fuck Facebook.

WTF is Facebook?

Seriously, Facebook embodies everything that is wrong with this self-centered/self-important country. It's noting but a soap box where people only post the best things (and lies) about themselves there's nothing real about it (just like modern society).

P.S. Fuck Facebook.

yep on all accounts

WTF is Facebook?

P.S. Fuck Facebook.

HB, that's why I call it FAKEbook

WTF is Facebook?

P.S. Fuck Facebook.

Amen and AMEN, Brother High Binder...preach on!!! I couldn't agree more!!!

Now with that said, if you value your FB pages and want to be able to continue to post the content you want, let your voice/opinion be heard people. I assure you that the whining, sniveling, libtards and people who post some of the most offensive drivel on FB will have their voices heard representing "the other side" of this coin. Whether the threat is real or merely another "publicity" stunt on FB's part to drum up free press, gain users, sell more advertising, etc., let yourselves be heard and your opinions be known and what a mass exodus of users from FB could mean for said advertising revenue, etc., etc.! ;) Hit em in the wallets, boys, because that's more or less all these soulless fools care about anyway!

I never got the social media thing, posting your life for all to see
Still we live in a time where the powers to be have decided that guns must go, so nothing new there

I had a Facebook page years ago and found it to be more of a contest of who had the best things and what I found really ammusing was almost everyone gave of the perception they had this perfect storybook life.......FAKE! Anyways, I've been been sober for over 5 years and don't have the urge to reactivate my account.......I've got better things to do with my time.

WTF is Facebook?

P.S. Fuck Facebook.

So true!!! Been there and done that...

WTF is Facebook?

P.S. Fuck Facebook.

YES! Companies that only offer coupons via facebook can also fuck off.

I'm in my early 30s and I've never had a myspace, facebook, twitter, instathing or whatever the fuck else there is.

I have no idea how people not only consistently sit on those sites but also feel that somehow the site and them being active on it make them relevant. You could argue that posting on forums such as SH.com is the same, but I am sharing/learning knowledge about an active activity that exists. Not some psuedo-friend bullshit that no one cares about or a fucking browser based video game. It's like their whole existence for being on there so much and posting whatever stupid shit about their lives is to substantiate their existence - so that they can be on there. It's some sort of retarded circular function that is only growing socially inept idiots that succumb to the farce that they are a special snowflake.

But anyways; fuck facebook.

You could argue that posting on forums such as SH.com is the same.

I get your point but I would argue the opposite. We are largely anonymous and because of that we're not prone to the same vanity/narcissism that is promoted by non-anonymous modeled sites like Facebook. In other words, I have no idea who you are in real life and you know I have no idea who you are so you don't have to 'create' an online personality, other than the one your anonymous name has and thus you have little to no incentive to report on and/or "embellish" you identity. In fact I tend to think being anonymous allows you to be who you really are as you aren't encumbered by any of the social problems associated with your public identity.

Facebook has over 1 billion users worldwide.
Through them and other social media platforms, the way information is disseminated around the world has changed forever.
They were instrumental in spreading the word about Arab Spring revolutions and other geopolitical events.
They are relevant.
Sure, there's a lot of bullshit on them, but there's a lot of bullshit on here too, ins't there?

The article states that the petition had some 94,000 signatures.
I just hope the people who run Facebook and the others realize how small and insignificant that number is.

Your title is misleading. I did not see anything in the linked article that talked about banning pro-gun posts. I read that they are looking to stop the use of Facebook for selling firearms and the facilitation of same. While that may indeed mean they will monitor or ban all firearm related posts remains to be seen and certainly wouldn't surprise me, but that is not what has been said so far.

Personally, I've never had a Facebook account, but I do know that many suppliers and vendors to the shooting community use facebook as a successful marketing tool, as do many shooting clubs and ranges. Whether you use or like Facebook you need to realize that this is just one more way to effectively close the advertising noose tighter on the shooting community and it's suppliers.

Any time my wife makes a comment about me being on the Hide, I just tell her "Hey, it's facebook for adults, you should try it!"

Don't use Facebook, never have, never will. I don't give a shit what other people are doing or what's going on in their lives. I sure as hell don't need everybody knowing what's going on in mine either. If I've got to do that to make friends I need to evaluate my personal self.

I am with delta my wife asks me what I am doing and I tell her I am on the Hide and she says that is your facebook. By the way Fuck Facebook

+1 I don't have facebook I got enough crap on my plate without people telling me what coffee they had this morning etc.

I always get the strangest looks when people say "hey, i'll add you on facebook" and I tell them I don't have it they just stare blankly and wonder how anyone survives without being on that crap

If used properly it can be a great tool I have a counter top company and If your not using it to reach all the middle class ladies out there that may be thinking about upgrading there kitchens or building a new home with hubbys money than your doing it wrong ! Your also missing out on a great FREE source for branding your company.. regardless of what I think of it I wont loos 100k+ of business provided by free marketing and minimal effort.. Call it what you will but there are plenty of GOOD! gun groups on face book that bring the 2A lifestyle rite into the homes of millions of Americans for free...

If Facebook is too much drama for you, take a look at who you associate with, not the medium used for spreading that drama.

Via Facebook I was able to reconnect with fellow Marines whom I've lost all contact with for two decades. No dedicated mil site like Together We Served was able to let me do that. If anyone on my "friends" list likes to spout off a bunch of bullshit, there's an unfriend option as well. The only thing that pisses me off about it is there are far more ads lately that have absolutely no relevance to my interests.

My family is all over Facebook, but such things have never appealed to me. I figure I already put way too much time into The 'Hide, anyway.

Greg

I normally agree with everyone on the f-facebook mantra, as I too have no use for it (my family keeps asking me to get on but I don't see the point, as I have a perfectly function phone). That said however, I was guilty of buying into the whole social media craze when Myspace got massive, and were it not for my obsession with it at the time, I never would have met my amazing wife. There's a time and place for everything.

Ah what the hell, fuck Facebook. Now if only I can get my wife to agree with me (her Ipad constantly chiming gets on my nerves)

I beleive we will see baby's being born in the near future with built in iPhone cases as the human race evolves. That will be essential to their survival! This country has become one screwed up society for the most part!

Facebook brings new meaning to "my life is an open book" but I confess to using it to keep track of new powder and bullet shipments coming into powdervalley, LOL, and coming events with extended family... even found a few family members I didn't know about :0

Last edited:
I was on facebook. It's a nice way to keep obliquely in touch with folks. However I closed my account when their privacy policies changed, making it harder to keep my stuff private, but at the same time the founder was buying up all the houses around his so he could have more privacy. Hypocrisy at it's finest, so I was out.

Facebook is good for some things, not so much for others.

As a guy who got into the computer industry back when computers still ran on vacuum tubes, and fixed electric typewriters for a living before that, I think we A) have short memories, and B) are averse to change, especially us older ones. I was an Internet holdout myself, until I moved up to Central NY.

What folks are saying these days about FB is essentially identical to what folks were saying a couple of decades back about the Internet; and with respect, the Internet is a lot different now from where it was then.

I think that things improve over time. FB needs a bunch of that time to find its best direction. Not there yet, but if the Internet itself is any indicator, it still can hold promise.

Nobody rules the Internet, and will have Hell to pay when they try; but basic capabilities were the main restriction to its potential back when. Same-same for FB right now.

Give it time.

If we want to deal with Gun Rights Oppressors, there are better and more immediate subjects for our attentions.

Greg

Ive found them to be, generally, very tolerant. There is a lot of BS o FB, but as others have said, there are many positives to be gained. A couple of folks I had lost touch with reconnected there.

Bottom line, it is a tool, just like a fire arm, neither good nor bad in and of itself. It is all in how you use it.

If Facebook is too much drama for you, take a look at who you associate with, not the medium used for spreading that drama.

Via Facebook I was able to reconnect with fellow Marines whom I've lost all contact with for two decades. No dedicated mil site like Together We Served was able to let me do that. If anyone on my "friends" list likes to spout off a bunch of bullshit, there's an unfriend option as well. The only thing that pisses me off about it is there are far more ads lately that have absolutely no relevance to my interests.

I agree, it is what you make it. I'm a pilot and travel a huge amount for work. FB allows me to post what i'm doing and places I'm traveling to so my family, namely my mom, can follow and see what I'm up to. It's nice to have the capability to let my family have a window to my world when I'm away for work. And I too have reunited with fellow former Marine buddies that I would never have had any other way to reconnect with. If you don't like what you see, then just unfriend someone... simple as that. But, to each his own.