• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Favorite Appendix Carry Holster?

I’ve been carrying my G19 in a Silk Custom Kydex (sckholsters.com) IWB holster for the last 2 years. It’s comfortable, secure and conceals well.

Recently I decided I’m going to try to AIWB with a Surefire X300 on the gun in a Henry Holsters Spark. I’m short, but lots of people carry big guns appendix with full size lights all the time, so I’m going to give it a shot.

I love the Tier 1 Concealed Axis Elite. It flexes in the middle for even more comfort. The wedge pack is a must have.

I have been using a Fricke Archangel for many years to carry a G17 daily. No issues, no drama. Just good solid kit and a very nice guy to deal with.

Reactions: Briggs and TACC
I actually use my Pistol Wear holster the most. Not uncomfortable and I can move it to the small of my back or in front, depending on what I'm doing.

So far this LAS concealment holster has been just fine and quality is top notch

Attachments

• 53010D0A-2352-4160-ACD5-B4C528E583A6.jpeg
    53010D0A-2352-4160-ACD5-B4C528E583A6.jpeg
    493.7 KB · Views: 67
I have been using a Fricke Archangel for many years to carry a G17 daily. No issues, no drama. Just good solid kit and a very nice guy to deal with.
One of a kind guy, top notch, guaranteed forever, and will do custom work.

Reactions: Briggs and Wading
I second the JM custom Kydex. More expensive but well worth it. I have them for both my glock 19 and 43x which I appendix carry. The discreet carry clips are the bomb...

Dsantis sky cop, conceals great an isn’t bad when sitting.

Another Tier 1 fan, Axis Elite for a Sig P365.

Last edited:
I'm running the axis elite from Tier 1 concealed. Love it. ability to carry extra magazine which really balances out the holster. Definitely check them out.

Reactions: newguy2k3v2
INCOG IWB holsters... All holster from Haley are phenomenal. Someone mentioned Trex.. overpriced for what you get imo... feel like $20 no-name holsters from amazon.

Does it get pretty hot and sweaty? Looks like it does!

For a fat guy like me, they all get sweaty. But I like the ergonomics, so I live with the little bit of sweat. I don't carry often due to my state's ancient carry laws, but this fits me better than anything I've tried.

For my VP9's I use the Blackpoint Tactical Dual Point. Made in the USA, lifetime warranty, fantastic customer service and a well-thought out, durable product. Worth every penny IMVHO.

Hawg Holsters: Super quality, comfort, retention and customer service. You will not regret this purchase.

It cost half what your gun does, and the lead time is 3-4 months because it's custom leather, but this is the best appendix holster there is. I carry a full-size 1911 and forget I'm wearing it, it's so comfortable.

http://www.5shotleather.com/sme.htm
Same for The Southern Trapper. Pricey (Not half but 10% with a belt and mag pouch) with a long lead time but dang if it ain't comfortable and handsome. Just seems right for the Counselor. https://www.thesoutherntrapper.com/collections/all-holsters/products/the-fat-charley
Fat Hornet.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Odysseus1911
Not one Sparks or Rosen even mentioned???

Motherfuckers going full retard with their plastic on the Hide lol

"I'm selling my Sparks for plastic" said no mofo ever!!!
For leather check out TT Gunleather. Having owned Sparks and Mitch R, I'd look at Tim's stuff first. Best value in quality leather. I don't know about Mark Garrity's gun holsters, but I have a cordovan mag pouch from him that is beautiful and nice.

Highest quality leather IMO is 5 Shot Leather. It's the Accuracy International/RRS of leather holster work. Except the gap between 5 Shot and other leather guys is a much larger delta than AI to say Tikka. Having some issues with the one many shop responding to work we agreed to from last year... but the quality is amazing if you can get it.

For appendix, I really liked the Raven Eidolon. Has a lot of plastic and bulk but just more comfortable, Bravo was okay for a low priced alternative. The Raven VG2... solid and people say I didn't have it on right... but one time I had a Glock in one and sat down at a kids playground... and the guard popped off in my pants! Never used it again with one in the chamber.

Appendix used to work for me but I'm in a car too often now and prefer standard 4 over A now. A is faster draw for me consistently per my shot timer.

Horsehide. Equally comfortable appendix or 4o’clock. Local outfit to me. Does one of a kind custom leather. Don’t advertise holsters much, but make some super-nice stuff.

Attachments

• CA3BE403-1E3E-42F3-8379-F22724A6D843.png
    CA3BE403-1E3E-42F3-8379-F22724A6D843.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 80
0CC3590B-F63A-4F00-9688-513CDA6AAEAC.jpeg

Got the Tenicor Velo for the p365. It’s got a bulge molded into the other side. I’m using it for a summer carry holster in thin clothing. I wanted to try soft loops and for $80.. I love this damn thing!!

Reactions: nikonNUT
It's the best AIWB out there, especially for a heavy gun. Maybe only Brommeland makes better iwb holsters, if you don't mind carrying on the hip.
I've never seen a Brommeland in person, but I'll have to remember that. I'm too skinny for hip IWB carry to be comfortable but people keep telling me "just wait a few years", lol!

Same outfit owb rig

Attachments

• E9AA444E-C239-4B77-B843-87EAAAE2EAC2.png
    E9AA444E-C239-4B77-B843-87EAAAE2EAC2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
I've never seen a Brommeland in person, but I'll have to remember that. I'm too skinny for hip IWB carry to be comfortable but people keep telling me "just wait a few years", lol!
If you promise to send it back, I'll send you one to check out. I'm pretty small in those parts, about a 31 inch waist, and it is the only comfortable strong side IWB I have used, and according to my drawers of discarded holsters, I have used them all.

Is that shark trim? Me likey.

Here's my CQB in it's 5 Shot SME. It's been on me almost every day of the last five years.

View attachment 7641275
Yes, sir! Love me some shark skin. Your 5 shot is a good looking holster my friend. I've been looking for an AIWB for my Agent 2 so I'll be giving them a call. Love the Wilson too!

Last edited:
If you promise to send it back, I'll send you one to check out. I'm pretty small in those parts, about a 31 inch waist, and it is the only comfortable strong side IWB I have used, and according to my drawers of discarded holsters, I have used them all.
That is a very generous offer, sir. But if I'm carrying concealed, I prefer appendix position for several reasons besides just comfort.

I have been looking for a nice open carry hip holster for range days and just for out on the farm. Would Brommeland be your recommendation for that use?

I’m not a appendix carry guy, but this is my go to for all my rigs, haven’t had one I didn’t really like so far and that’s a few carry styles with a few different pistols, also a really cool guy. A civilized man should always carry in leather :)

This weekend was the the Ohio state USPSA championship and my welcome swag bag included a $100 coupon from Priority 1 Holsters.

So I decided that this was a cheap way to try AIWB. I ordered one of these: https://priority1holsters.com/plain-clothes-holster-system-modular-iwb/ with all the options I could cram into (side wing, clip, tuckable clips, and IWB soft loops) and basically paid $8 shipping. I also ordered a foam wedge from Harry's Holsters to slap on it.

All in I'm at $25, so if this doesn't work I can try something else without much pain to the wallet.