• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Favorite beer thread

Re: Favorite beer thread

Without a doubt I have (3) favorites:

"Old Rasputin" Russian Imperial Stout
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/412

"Oaked Arrogant Bastard"
http://www.arrogantbastard.com/oaked/
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/8951

"Samuel Smith's" Oatmeal Stout
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/8951

This time of the year I also really enjoy Anchor's Christmas Ale
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/28/74323

&

Chimay's Grand Reserve
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/215/2512

This time of year I like Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan,Cooper's Sparkling Ale, Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock, Skullsplitter. When it warms up, I'll start on Ayinger Brau-Weisse, Paulaner Hefeweizen, Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat, Leibinger Seeradler classik. Another good summer beer was Shiner Smokehaus. The hops were mesquite smoked. It was damn good but the bastards stopped making it
mad.gif

I've probably tried 250-300 different beers and I'm always looking for a new one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ass's Bok. Norwegian, I believe, hard to find but worth the effort. </div></div>

Best beer I ever had was Mack beer from Norway; I can't find it anywhere - I am going to try to get the Aas's Bok.

Avery's (Boulder, CO) IPA is my go to for a good all around beer.

For special occasions, their Maharajah's IPA is the flat best IPA out there. And I was raised on the stuff.

Also had a beer flavored with a touch of cinammon in Tallin, Estonia which for the life of me I cannot remember. Enjoyed many stone mugs at Ole Hansa resturaunt.

it has been mentioned twice already in this thread - so I'll say it again.

you like dark beers? ready to move beyond basic stout? try the Russian Imperial Stouts.

Old Rasputin is very good, but there are others out there. I'd find the one made locally, as fresh beer is best.

brand-Rasputin.jpg

I guess I'm just a broke dick, I drink what I like and lately there's nothing that tastes better to me after working outside than a Bud Light Lime.

Flame Away!!!!!

My uncle got me hooked on it when we went on a fishing trip over in Arkansas two summers ago. It was 106 degrees outside and we would go out in the boat in the morning, catch our limit of trout in about 20 minutes and then sit on the dock the rest of the day and drink beer. It was so hot out we would dunk 5 gallon buckets into the river and stick our feet in the bucket of ice cold water for "air conditioning" and have a wet rag around our necks. Pop a top on a BLL that's been sitting in salted ice for a few days and it was like being in antartica!

Iron Horse Brewing from Ellensburg Wa - Irish Mocha Death
7 Seas Brewing from Gig Harbor Wa - Ballz Deep IPA
Deschutes Brewing from Oregon - The Abyss Stout
Deschutes Brewing - Black Butte Porter

Grumpy Old ale from the Leavenworth Wa brewery. Only seasonal though. Obsidian Stout from the Deschutes brewery would be second choice.

Almost forgot, when in Russia:

16799.jpg

It's listed as a malt liquor, but tastes closer to a Scottish Ale. Not nearly as offensive as what comes to mind from the American experience of malts.

Shiner Boc is my favorite. I just wished I lived somewhere I could get it.
But I'll be spending some time in DFW soon and will try to get enough to satisfy me for a while.
I like Amber Boc from Michelob, Yuengling, hell even a Bud Light will do.

Stouts and porters are at the top for me. Bourbon County Stout is a must try for anyone that likes stouts. At 15% ABV it could almost be considered a barley wine over a beer and it's excellent! It's aged in bourbon barrels before bottling and calling it dark is an understatement.

In no particular order i like
Stone's Arrogant Bastard
Oaked Arrogant Bastard

New Belgium 1554

Sierra Nevada pale ale and their Torpedo extra IPA

anything from founders brewery

from a brewery in Franklin TN Pecker Wrecker IPA

from a brewery in Charlottesville VA Hop Harvest

and then my go to beer when im out of good beer is Miller Lite

There is only one beer that i had to push away that i could not drink and that was Backwoods Bastard from Founders Brewery a very ummmm different beer for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megahoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah... Try a ghost pepper beer from Twisted Pines. You'll amend that statement. Fast. Lol </div></div>

LOL well ive done some stupid stuff in my life but drinking a beer with "ghost pepper" in its name isnt gonna be one of them lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rouge Dead Guy Ale

dead-guy-ale-label.jpg
</div></div>

Yeah man! Rogue is a fine ale! I like the Dead Guy & the Hazelnut Brown Nectar!

I went to the brewery about 10 years ago! That was AWESOME!

Some of my other favorites include Stone's Arrogant Bastard Ale, Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA, Saxer JackFrost Winter Doppelbock, Chimay Blue, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Samuel Adams Winter Lager & when I'm feeling especially sleazy Pabst Blue Ribbon! mmmmmmm!!!

When I drink, which maybe once a year now... I love Blue Moon!

I make my own so mostly that but when I buy I tend to go with New Glarus offerings.

Shiner Bock, but I also heavily support Coors Brewing Co. by buying their bullets.

But there's only two kinds of beer; the kind I buy and the kind someone else buys and I'll drink em both

Newcastle! Has to be on draft, not bottles.

Good LORD is that tasty stuff. Dark and creamy without a bitter aftertaste.

For some reason, I cannot drink Anheiser Busch products; they give me a frickin' headache. No problem with most anything else.

Wow,I read all four pages of this thread,and see lots of old friends!Lots of things that I want to try,too!My beer fridge is a little low right now,due to the visitors we have had during duck season.I have one or more from these breweries;
New Belgium
Sam Adams
Boulevard
Shiner
Diamond Bear
Breckenridge
Sierra Nevada
Bells
Choc
Goose Island
Moylans
Abita
Rouge
ShipYard
North Coast
Maybe a few others.I'm sometimes known as a beer snob. Lightman

This thread made me thirsty,just opened a 20oz Andygator.At 8%,one will do. Yum,Yum, Lightman

Stone Brewery - Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, IPA, Ruination IPA
Rogue Brewery - Rogue St. Red, Christmas Brew, Mogul Madness
Paulaner - Heffeweisen, Pilsner
GUINNESS Stout!
Redhook - ESB, Rye
Singha

Abita Amber when I can find it here or Shiner

Two favorite types: Free and Cold! I enjoy sampling all type of beer, too many to list. This is a good thread, making me thirsty.

Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Followed closely by Bell's Amber Ale, and of course Oberon. (in the summer)