• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Favorite beer thread

Re: Favorite beer thread

Licher!
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/et4M3YWh9Gk&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/et4M3YWh9Gk&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Maui Brewing Company in Hawaii. Whole Foods carries their beer here in Tx. Really good, as is Snake River Brewing out of Jackson Hole, WY

As far as big brand domestics go, Coors Original is my favourite. Nothing like a good 'ol banquet beer!

With that said, I love to try new beers, and usual pick up a six pack of something I've never tried before. So many great microbrews out there!

I've tried a few that are listed here, but I haven't seen anyone post Leffe beers yet. They are a Belgium brewery, and make some great beers! I would have to say that this brand sticks out at me, out of all the beers I have tried. It's hard to find though.

leffe.jpg

Show me a banquet serving Coors and I'll show you an overly ambitious BBQ...

Leinenkugels Sunset Wheat for a change but
nothing compares to the ole trusty Bud Light...

Czech beer is the best. Not the imported Pilsner E crap, but the in country good stuff. My favorites are Staropramen and Zlatopramen. don't even remember all the other local brands there but they were great too. Always draft and always cheap! Spent two months there is 04 and drank more beer then than I had in my life.
Shiner Bock is the greatest American beer! But I agree, the worst beer is none at at.

Schneider Aventinus - Best wheat doppelbock I have found around here. It's also 8% by volume too!

aventinus_1.png

Schneider Weisse is their Hefe and is great too.

schneider.png

But, Shiner Bock is my favorite American beer along with Yuengling, and Fat Tire.

Castelmaine XXXX - it's a great beer in the heat and the commericals are funny.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/37txfXEcuDM&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/37txfXEcuDM&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Some of y'all have listed some great beer and some I would love to try, but Sam Adams? I'd rather drink the Beast (Milwaukee's Best) than that fermented horse piss!
sick.gif

Love my Shiner Bock! When in Canada, it's Ricard's Red. I also love a local brew in Artesia, NM called Roughneck Red.

Shiner Holiday Cheer
Arrogant Bastard
Pyramid Apricot (yea, sounds raunchy, but its not overly sweet)
Chimay Blue

Favorite might be Three Philosophers...

Parker

I'm a true fan of the dark beer, but I stepped out of character and bought some Delerium Tremens ale after hearing CKA rant against its mystical powers. This stuff might make the short list. Nice.

1039.jpg

Mac n Jacks - African Amber
Widmer Brothers - Drifter Pale Ale
Ninkasi - Total Domination IPA
Deschutes - Mirror Pond Pale Ale
Widmer Brothers - Hefeweizen
MacTarnahans - Sling Shot Pale Ale

Really enjoying bud light platinum right now.....It's kind of dangerous for a light beer @ 6%

Its usually bud select or coors light with an occasional sam adams

for an every day beer lately its been yingleung light, used to be newcastle