• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fertilizer and GMO dumpster fire

They did outlaw DDT.

There's a small town in the Hill Country of Texas that had a couple DDT plants. It got into the water supply and you can certainly tell that some of the folks who drank it are a bit different. Slower and somewhat less coordinated.

Now DDT is sold in Mexico who ships produce here.:unsure:

Like with most things, Follow the $$$.
DDT was quite likely the safest, most effective pesticide that we ever had. Probably should have won a Nobel prize for human health for reducing malaria. A radial lefty environmental wacko got it taken off the market. Might want to look into it. 🤔

Reactions: Rthur and SWgeezer
Damn you are off base on this one.

More acres = more money, more resources = more money, those are absolute input costs. Less tillage for organics; you haven't been on a farm lately have you? Farmers don't till as that breaks the soil barrier and releases moisture, ask a modern farmer what a plow is and they don't know and they sure don't use one.

Organic; cover crop = more money, till in cover crop = more money, more plants due to lower yield = more money, the list just goes on.

I'm not against organic, self sustained farming in any way shape or form but you at least have to look at the newest farming methods to do any type of comparison between organic and corporate farming. This isn't the 1920's leading us to the dust bowl, things have changed and it is for the better on every level.

I'm not even a farmer and know this much.
Your last statement is questionable. Lots of internet experts on this thread.

Reactions: Beefmanne
Tell me more about legumes / nitrogen fixers that you can terminate by crimping
Ok. There are these things called legumes, they form symbiosis with bacteria that fix nitrogen from the atmosphere, and you can terminate them with crimping. Well maybe not you, but other people do it.

Ok. There are these things called legumes, they form symbiosis with bacteria that fix nitrogen from the atmosphere, and you can terminate them with crimping. Well maybe not you, but other people do it.

752FB24A-7C40-4CA3-98AF-D5CAC338513D.gif

74DB615A-BB49-4075-B222-2B44F3A94734.jpeg

You really sound like someone who has little to no hands on experience and has read too much propaganda / lies.

Your last statement is questionable. Lots of internet experts on this thread.
Really? If you are covering more acres to match the corporate farming yield each of those things is going to cost you more money.

We are all internet experts. lol Join the club.

I am so confused......I am supposed to grass feed my cattle, not concentrate and grain feed them in pens. I am also supposed to spread manure on my crops because it is beneficial and organic.
If I don't have any high concentrate, mean tweeting, poisonous grain fed cattle, where am I supposed to get my manure?
Chicken or the egg? Which is it?