• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fighting my BIGGEST fight EVER!

michael sr.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2008
Omaha, Nebraska
But 1st want to say this is just one of thre great GunSights I am on:
.....NOT ONCE IN ALL MY POSTS WAS i SLAMMED OR HUMULITATED..........

.....NOT ONCE DID I EVER GET A CAUSTIC PM, or krummy response posted in my response................

....WHEN EVER I ASKED A QUESTION THE ANS SHOWED UP SOON OR LATER.

Many hours of reading spent here.....

Now my FIGHT:

iT IS ...........with

Stage Four PanCreatic Cancer

the med I am taking now sure screw with my typing and spelling.......

Last edited:
Fighting my BIGGEST fight EVER!

But 1st want to say this is just one of thre great GunSights I am on:
.....NOT ONCE IN ALL MY POSTS WAS i SLAMMED OR HUMULITATED..........

.....NOT ONCE DID I EVER GET A CAUSTIC PM, or krummy response posted in my response................

....WHEN EVER I ASKED A QUESTION THE ANS SHOWED UP SOON OR LATER.

Many hours of reading spent here.....

Now my FIGHT:

iT IS ...........with

Stage Four PanCreatic Cancer

the med I am taking now sure screw with my typing and spelling.......
If you are missing an essential part of the 'Hide experience and need me to slam you or send you a caustic PM, just say the word, mate. LOL!

Life is indeed as beautiful and sweet as it is brutal and short, and we are all fortunate to have experienced as much of it as we have.

I can't pretend to understand what you must be going through, but I look forward to reading more of your posts.

I'm also sorry to hear that you are going thru this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay in touch, Lightman

Wow Michael. Last week a buddy of 40 years fell over, massive M.I.

The Hide is a good site. It's the people.

We're all waiting in line, it comes, sooner or later to us all.

Stay tough. Keep us posted.

Michael Sr,
Greetings, and thank you for sharing this information. I can say that we have dealt with Pancreatic cancer in our family now, twice. The second was one year ago. I myself haven't had it, but very close relations have. I (and my Lady, both) know something of what you're dealing with. As offered above, if you have the want/need/urge to vent/rant/talk, then by all means let us know.

You are one of the "looked for" posters here on this site, and we look forward to this continuing.

Respecfully,

Sean

Sorry Doc, I lost two friends to the same abomination, wouldn't wish it to my worst enemy. Be strong and fight.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. May God provide you the strength and comfort to make it through this difficult time.

If you are missing an essential part of the 'Hide experience and need me to slam you or send you a caustic PM, just say the word, mate. LOL!

Life is indeed as beautiful and sweet as it is brutal and short, and we are all fortunate to have experienced as much of it as we have.

I can't pretend to understand what you must be going through, but I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Yeah, you're missing out if you've never logged on to find a PM cussing at you with no specific reason as to why!

Had thyroid cancer over a year ago. Keep up the fight.

The Universe doesn't owe you or any of us any comfort, but your friends, family and even people here who hardly know you can offer you comfort and compassion. That challenge is no joke and I sincerely hope things work out for you.

God Bless, I know you are looking at all treatments etc., Ruth Bader Ginsburg has had PC for at least 4 years now, I don't know what her treatment is/has been but it seem to be working.

If I get a vacation, so be it

Through God, ALL things are possible including a full healing, regardless of doctors opinions or diagnosis.
Notice the word ALL, not some or a few. I will pray for a full healing.

Michael,
As an Interal Medicine physician for over 40 years, I'd like to say I have seen amazing advances in the treatment of both pancreatic and esophageal cancer in the last 3-4 years, which even surprised the treating physicians. Please fight with all your physical and spiritual might and sometimes Miracles happen! My thoughts and prayers for you and your family and please keep us updated here on the Hide, since like you I feel like most of the members here are like brothers....Good Luck

Gaugin wrote that there is salvation only in extremes. After repeatedly approaching the precipice one begins to understand that we are all involved in exploring the finite nature of our own existence, and the randomness and irrationality of it all. Choice is irrelevant. The experience itself is the essence of a deep wisdom. I know it sounds crazy, but enjoy it. Enjoy it deeply. Because, if you haven't already, you will begin to notice and to appreciate things that other people miss.

From a fellow invalid in the chemo corner, stay strong and keep the good humor!

Fight hard. Don't give up. And don't forget to live while you're fighting for your life.

As a two-time Lymphoma survivor, I'll simply say, keep eating, keep treating, no matter what. If you refuse to quit treatment, you've already defeated your biggest challenge. It's not easy, ever, and it's not supposed to be. Cancer treatment is about allowing the treatment to kill the cancer, no matter if it almost kills you. To be successful it has to come as close to killing you as it can without actually doing it. If you can take it, you stand your best chance to come out the other side alive. That's the truth, whether it's convenient or not. You have our prayers.

Greg

Michael,

A year and a half ago the guy in the white robe walked into the room, sat on his little stool and wheeled himself about a foot away from my face. I knew it wasn't good. My biopsy had returned and the Dr. gave it to me short and sweet, "you've got Cancer"! I almost fell outta my chair and threw up. Instant numbing. After much research, sleepless nights, pitty, why me, now what, how long, options, etc. I finally found peace with it. Chose a course and have stuck with it. Yes, knowing and facing our mortality is probably one of the hardest things I can imagine, especially when it's given to you point blank kinda outta the blue. It will be alright. You and your's will get through this. We all have untapped strengths that lay dormant but rise to the surface during this incredibly tuff time. I wish you the very best, and as Graham pointed out, please continue to enjoy every day and live life to the fullest. My heartfelt prayers for you, Larry.

I had a bronchial carcinoma in my left lung 5 1/2 years ago. I had 1/2 the lung cut out and just this past August I was no longer a cancer patient. I hope to be joined by you in 5 short years. Just remember you eat the elephant one bite at a time. Stay strong and NEVER give up, no bull shit it will not be easy but I promise it is worth every bit. Semper Fi - NFQ...

There are many better wordsmiths than me here, but prayers are sent for you and your family from SC. "Not my will but Thine". Peace be with you.

Ryan

Stay strong and remember that there are a lot of good people on here that are always willing to listen if you need to talk to someone.

Sr. I don't post much on here anymore but for you Ill step up once again. Best to you, in all. On a comic relief note, if you haven't been banned at least once here, you haven't known the fullness of the Hide experience. Maybe Frank will give you a one day vacation just so you can add that to your resume. If not Ill give you one of mine. I've got lots.

Any idiot can fight. Don't just fight. WIN.

Maggot out.

Prayers for you sir, when I was sick with pancreatitis ( died twice on the operating table) I was amazed by the power of prayer, I hope you are surrounded by love and comforted by prayer as well.

You're in my family's prayers - I have 2 cancer survivors in my family and yes the treatments will suck but any fight worth winning is going to be hard and you know its worth winning - stay strong eat no matter how much you don't want to - you do what have to and your SH brothers & sisters will be here if you need us -

I finished radiation three weeks ago; different cancer. Breathing is my real problem, but I am still sucking air. The last lung-opening injection that I had was given to me by a nurse with a tattoo on her fore arm: "Be Here Now." I learned that again for the umpteenth time. Your fight is part of that, but not all. Others said it better, but my family's hearts are with you.