• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Figured I would go ahead and Wade in

kkroger

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2011
MO
Didn't know whether to post this in the Rimfire section or the vintage section but what the heck it is Rimfire.
Stevens 416 US Property Marked Training rifle. The Optic is even interesting a Sears "RANGER" 4x external adjustment telescopic sight.
I traded 1000 rounds of HSM 62 grain 223 for it.
DSC_2591.jpg

DSC_2593.jpg

DSC_2594.jpg

DSC_2589.jpg

DSC_2597.jpg

DSC_2598.jpg

Target was shot at 50 yards with Federal Champion 22 Auto Match (sort of bulk packaged)Even with that CLOUDY optic!
By Trade I am a machinist and Precision Measurment Inspector
I am currently employed at Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in that capacity. I am also a firearms instructor.

Re: Figured I would go ahead and Wade in

I don't know for sure, but it must be some older military trainer. I know that during WW2 they were using this sort of rifle for some training. I would say that you got one hell of a .22 from the looks of your target. Nice rifle.

Now THAT is a nice rimfire!! Congrats on the trade and the excellent shooting!!

DK

Very nice rifle. My firearm collection lacks nostalgia. Also, great shooting.

Very cool. I have seen Stevens .22's that are U.S. Marked but never seen or heard of the Sears "Ranger" scope. Very kool.