• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Fiocchi brass

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    Anyone have any experience with it? It looks like it could be of pretty good quality but I only have loaded ammo right now.

Re: Fiocchi brass

No personal experiance with the brass. However, a buddy had some and had nothing bad to say about it. Got 7 loads out of them if I remember right before the pockets went limp.

Terry

I've shot it through 8 reloads of 223 in an AR15. It split the necks occasionally (~ 1 in 10) by reload 6, I just threw them all in the scrap bin after the 8th reload because about 50% of them were splitting the necks.

Mine had crimped primers so it was a little hard to throw it away sooner than that, I had so much time in prepping it.

I've since bought an RCBS prep center for that very reason.

My primers aren't crimped. Did your cases seem to have annealed necks?

Yes, they came with annealed necks and shot dandy for a few rounds. I didn't anneal them before they started cracking out because I didn't have a way to do it en-mass and since then I picked up several thousand uncrimped cases, so I just kept shooting the Fiocchi til I didn't care to risk split necks anymore.

I shot all of these in a factory chambered AR, so the brass was getting pretty rough around the edges even if the necks weren't splitting, the case heads were getting beat up too.