• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Firearm Insurance

I have a firearm specific rider attached to our home owners insurance. Every couple of years I update the list and visit my agent. Details are important. If you insure a "Remington 700, .308" the insurance company will see that as the cheapest 700 .308 they can buy. If you insure a "Remington 700, trued by (insert smith) with a XXX barrel, XXX trigger, set in a XXX chassis....." they will have to replace accordingly. If anything has a SN#, include that. Purchase receipts will also strength your case in the event of a claim, as will photos with a some type of personal identifier in them (to prove you didn't pull it off a photo site).

The more proof you have to back your claim, the better.

Historic Firearms, Collectibles and Sporting Firearms Insurance. They are underwritten by Eastern Insurance. Home owners insurance was to expensive and had no idea what I would really cost to replace my collection. 1-800-545-9326

Oh goddamn, be ready to take pictures, submit detailed descriptions and SN's, etc. It's like they DON'T want to. And it only covers so much. Money is better spent on a TL30X6 or better vault.

I think they do civilians, I've had it since I was in service though and I know they do vets. They've been great car insurance --I usually get a check back at end of the year.

I would be careful about using your homeowners insurance carrier unless you specifically know their policy regarding firearms. I have heard that some insurance companies will NOT insure firearms. Moreover, some will drop you for possessing firearms in your home or significantly increase your liability insurance cost.

A firearms rider on your homeowners policy is a much more expensive route when compared to Eastern. Eastern also does not require SNs unless the value of the item is very high. They were very easy to deal with and cost was about $475 for my collection.

But as Strykervet says; it is good to have a large, high quality safe that is bolted to a concrete floor as your first line of defense. I also have a monitored alarm system with wireless sensors on the safe

I use state Farm, I put all our jewelry and firearms on a seperate rider. I send pictures and serial numbers of all scopes, rifles, handguns and anything of value so its all covered. You must have a seperate rider, your regular home owners won't cover shit. Also a safe, alarm and a dog with insurance is all layered security. Only cost me 240/year for over 40,000 in coverage. Cheap

Yes as Nik H said home owners sucked for me. Eastern was a far better deal. I would also invest in a good safe. That means nothing from a box store they are just easy to get in. I got my safe from West Coast Safe who delivered and set it up. The safe I went with is a Class B Rated safe not a residential security container like you get a Home Depot, Costco or Tractor Supply. Also the policy I have does cover all my shooting related item such as ballistic computer, ranger finder, Kestrel and even ammo.

Oh goddamn, be ready to take pictures, submit detailed descriptions and SN's, etc. It's like they DON'T want to. And it only covers so much. Money is better spent on a TL30X6 or better vault.

I think they do civilians, I've had it since I was in service though and I know they do vets. They've been great car insurance --I usually get a check back at end of the year.

I had a claim I called them at 1:00pm on a Monday I had a check in hand for the same amount as I had the rifle insured for, no hassles and as far as pictures I have that in case one is stolen I have not only a discription but a photo with serial number to give to law enforcement, they are not the only game in town but I have had nothing but good luck.

I went thru this earlier this year. I ended up with a rider on my farmers policy. No serial numbers given unless there is a claim. There is some BS with needing a professional to do an appraisal for the replacement cost on anything over $1,500 or something close. Not a big deal as my ffl was able to take my list of guns, scopes, etc and submit it. It cost me $25. Also there was zero deductible for anything scheduled.

Other firearm specific companies had so much bs and stipulations that I'm sure there was always a way for them to get out of paying a claim. Wether it was a cap of what could be out of the safe at one time, or a maximum dollar ammout i could travel with. I'll tell you a axmc with glass and accessories can get you close to some of them.

Coverage was about $800 per $100k.