• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questions on private-firearms-policy coverage..

unrepentant

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2008
ms
I hope someone can answer my question(s); they're all related to what "COLLECTIBLES INSURANCE SERVICE" calls 'away from premises' loss... I'd like to know if the loss of a handgun is covered under the following conditions:

1) If I'm legally carrying a handgun (w/ a Florida CCW) and have to go into a hospital emergency room and the gun is taken from me (or if I surrender it to hospital staff) and subsequently lost or stolen, will a private collectible insurance company generally cover such a loss?

2) If it's confiscated by law enforcement and lost or stolen from their possession, will a private collectible insurance company generally cover such a loss?

3) If it falls out of my holster while I'm on a boat and lost at sea, will a private collectible insurance company generally cover such a loss?

I've just signed up for their policy, and would like to know if any of the readers here have any experience with any of the three scenarios I've cited. I asked the COLLECTIBLES INSURANCE SERVICE agent, but she said, "each case is individual" and was pretty foggy about how the first two scenes would be handled. I thought of the holster-in-the-boat example after I'd hung up.

Thanks, Guys!

Why would you take a firearm into a place you know it will be found and confiscated? Leave it in the car or dont go in.

As to the rest, I'd bet they wont pay.

Reactions: NFAJohn
if your agent won't give you definitive answers, you can prob count on it not being covered. the other question, is if it is actually covered, how much are they going to give you?

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Why would you take a firearm into a place you know it will be found and confiscated? Leave it in the car or dont go in.

As to the rest, I'd bet they wont pay.
I can think of one situation without pondering. If I was picked up by EMT's for some condition that rendered me unconscious.

Less of the speculative WAG-type answers would be appreciated.

• Haha
Reactions: 1911hombre
I can think of one situation without pondering. If I was picked up by EMT's for some condition that rendered me unconscious.

Less of the speculative WAG-type answers would be appreciated.
thought of this after my post, and consider it a valid opinion.

"if your agent won't give you definitive answers, you can prob count on it not being covered. the other question, is if it is actually covered, how much are they going to give you?"

If it isnt spelled out in writing, and the agent cant give you answers, the answer is 99% no. most of those things require a special rider policy

Reactions: NFAJohn
most of those things require a special rider policy
it sounds like he DOES have some sort of special gun policy... although even with that, it's not sounding too good that he'll collect on it.

Reactions: Maggot
IMO I would have gone with a reputable GUN insurance company like Gun and Trophy. Lots of info and praise available. A search on this forum would've steered you better.

Go through your policys fine print and highlight any verbage or numbers listed as reference that you do not know of or understand.
Number the highlighted areas and ask them as listed questions to your agent.

Why are you buying a policy if that’s your concern? You should be considering coverage for loss to all your firearms, optics and accessories, not one.

You have found the right place for answers to your question.
First let me ask you a few questions.
1. Can you fog a mirror?
2. Can you chew bubblegum and walk at the same time?
3. Do you require a safety helmet for daily wear?
4. Would you like to buy some ocean front property in Iowa?
5. Why the fuck didn't you ask the people selling the policy then have them show you the clause in the contract?
6. Was question number five (5) beyond your comprehension?

I hope someone can answer my question(s); they're all related to what "COLLECTIBLES INSURANCE SERVICE" calls 'away from premises' loss... I'd like to know if the loss of a handgun is covered under the following conditions:

1) If I'm legally carrying a handgun (w/ a Florida CCW) and have to go into a hospital emergency room and the gun is taken from me (or if I surrender it to hospital staff) and subsequently lost or stolen, will a private collectible insurance company generally cover such a loss?

2) If it's confiscated by law enforcement and lost or stolen from their possession, will a private collectible insurance company generally cover such a loss?

3) If it falls out of my holster while I'm on a boat and lost at sea, will a private collectible insurance company generally cover such a loss?

I've just signed up for their policy, and would like to know if any of the readers here have any experience with any of the three scenarios I've cited. I asked the COLLECTIBLES INSURANCE SERVICE agent, but she said, "each case is individual" and was pretty foggy about how the first two scenes would be handled. I thought of the holster-in-the-boat example after I'd hung up.

Thanks, Guys!
Sounds like a question for the insurance company you use, not a bunch of mooks in the Bear Pit.

Thanks, Guys!
7294B41E-4FA4-4D5C-9A2D-951B21534899.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: clcustom1911

Thanks, Guys!
One word. Deductible.

A good agent won't answer a "what if" question. Instead, they'll tell you what's covered. If you have actually lost the pistol, then he should direct you to claims. Like stated above, you need to read your policy. If it's not specifically excluded, there's a good chance it might be covered. Unless it's something like an original Python or something, I personally wouldn't make the claim.