• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

Re: *First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

Got mine a couple of days ago. BiG IMPRovement on an already great bipod. I'll put it to the test this weekend.

Thanks Kasey!!!!!!

Thanks guys I appreciate your support and patience.

Here is the status, we are back-logged. We are now telling folks 6-8 weeks in part due to additional military orders. We have a ton or parts in the system at various stages but as military sales take priority, civilian sales are stacking up. Again, if you want an Atlas, order it now from any of our stocking Dealers or from us as we will satisfy all these orders before changing the current civilian sales status.

We are hammering the conversions while waiting on parts (again!) so that is working out well. I am getting a kick out of the used Atlas bipods coming back for conversion. Some are wrapped in bubble wrap inside a box large enough to hold a small child and others are returned like the ones seen below which have seen a bit of use.

[img:center]
IMG_0769.jpg
[/img]

I received my conversion back today (see earlier posts ...). WOW!!! I can't wait to use this at the range. Version 8 looks and feels like it is WORTH the wait and $$$. Of course, I have already set up the AI-AW at 45* and it feels SOLID. I know V8 is only an upgrade, but it feels like a brand new bi-pod.

Thanks Kasey!!!

I'm in line for the wait. Looking forward to a personal comparison to the Harris.

I knew it! As soon as I send mine in, ever one wants to go shooting. I have been trying to go for weeks and nothing! Let go my favorite bi-pod for an upgrade, and suddenly the wind breaks, the waters part, friends by new guns, its just total BS.

Needless to say, I'm having withdrawals!

I guess I can finally get around to texturing and painting my stock.

P1030213.JPG

Thanks a lot,
Mike.

PS I may have wrapped mine in bubble wrap but it was in a small box.

PSS. OK! OK! It WAS pink bubble wrap but it was all I had laying around!

Hey I was not talking about you but it did crack me up that I post that and then what does the Post office have for me... And I wasn't go to say a word about that pink bubble wrap, but will say the pink stationary was a nice touch....
grin.gif

Seriously we'll get it going back your way Monday.

LOL! That's awesome. I should have put it in an anti-static bag too! I can't wait to show it off!

I had to explain to a couple of my coworkers what I meant by my "Atlas". Hopefully got you a couple more customers eventually. Got them turned onto your site and they really liked what they saw. Good work man, good work.

Mike

We got a pile of them and plan to get all we got since friday out this week.

And to the guys that are getting theirs back and have commented, I'm glad you like what you are seeing.

Kasey is the man. Talked to him on the phone the other day about a project for a Marine I know. Kasey IS the man.

I WAS going to wait until things slowed down a little to send MY Atlas in for the upgrade...but maybe now is good!
smile.gif

deisel, got them!

Lucks, got yours as well, well not really as well, envelope was torn open on the side and the bipod literally fell out. But all info was all inside the ziplock, so putting everything inside the bag was a good call! This was the first time I've seen that and we ship them in the same envelope all the time.

And 9 others with no SH names....

Goal is to get them out this week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lucks, got yours as well, well not really as well, envelope was torn open on the side and the bipod literally fell out. But all info was all inside the ziplock, so putting everything inside the bag was a good call! This was the first time I've seen that and we ship them in the same envelope all the time.
Goal is to get them out this week. </div></div>

Thanks Kasey! Sounds like that ziplock bag saved me! I really appreciate everything and look forward to getting it back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "under recoil the foot can catch or drag a bit more and become disengaged allowing it to collapse" (Kasey stated that ONLY "a small percentage of customer’s report this"). </div></div>

I think I was the first one to report that fault , the V7 opened at 45 degrees collapse under the weight & recoil of my AI AWM .

Now , I bought two V7 bipods with all jingles & bells , to retrofit them I must to ship them back to Accu-Shot , the cost of the retrofitting is about USD 50,00 each plus the shipping from and to Italy for a total amount of about USD 250,00 .

I cannot afford that , it'll be cheaper for me to sell my Atlas bipods and to replace them with something more reliable or to try to fix the problem here .

PP out

How much you wanna sell one for PP?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jburt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much you wanna sell one for PP? </div></div>

Just thinking if I'm going to sell one or to fix the problem over here , I'll let you know what I'm going to decide soon ,

thanks,
PP out

PP,

Good to hear from you again, I'm a bit surprised you would choose to post this here as opposed to emailing me. But let me address your concerns just the same;

I believe the first report was in the form of a phone call, stateside. And the number of reports of this leg failure remains below 2% of the total units sold.

The mere fact we are offering to convert the V7 to the V8 is not really an industry standard but one I argued for, believing we owed our customers this OPTION. And by the response most customers are appreciative to have this option. And to date, the total returned for the conversion is under the 10% mark....

Please understand the conversion is a complete tear-down and re-build of the bipod, to offer parts kits would condone this and we are not going to do that for liability reasons.

I am sorry for your experience Pinco Palla, Please tell me here, what it will take from me to satisfy your expectations in this matter.

Sincerely,

Kasey

Seems to me like PP's main gripe is over how much it costs to ship from Italy for the retrofit. I don't see how it's any fault on AccuShot's part that shipping is so expensive.

JRose, maybe you are right.

In a PM I just got:

"Also, I have a V7 Atlas, but I bought it second hand a few months ago. Can this be upgraded, since I am not the original buyer? I haven't had the problems with it, but like the push button on the V8."

The answer is yes, we stand behind the product, no matter how you came by it. (another policy derived from the input of SH members, thanks SoberBiker).

Its customer service like Kasey's that have restored my faith in getting what you pay for. I will likely never buy any other brand of bi-pod again because of the combination of product and service.

Same goes for other vendors and products around here on the Hide. Thanks guys.

Mike

My V-7 ain't broke so I ain't fixin it!! But I do have a V-8 on order too!!

I had one of the 2% that were collapsing but mine did it at 90 degrees and it was shaving off some metal on the legs. I emailed Kasey and he gave me the shipping info and I just got it back from the v8 upgrade last week. I haven't shot off it, but I do not see how it could possibly collapse now. Looks like my only issue with the bipod has been resolved and now its time to get it looking used and abused like the previously posted pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PP,
Good to hear from you again, I'm a bit surprised you would choose to post this here as opposed to emailing me.</div></div>

Kasey ,

my post here must not be intended as a flame toward you ( ... however my last email was unanswered ) , I just posted my disappoint because I bought a lot of stuff from you paying big bucks but unfortunately I can't use them as I'd like .

Now , from my point of view , asking about USD 50,00 for fixing a problem is almost unusual , above all stating that problem was not caused by me , however I could even do that but there are also the pricey shipping costs from/to Italy , and those are not up to you obviously .

May be I'll be able to fix the problems here in Italy so that I'll not disturb you anymore about this matter .

Thank you so much for your kind attention ,
stay safe ,

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PP,
Good to hear from you again, I'm a bit surprised you would choose to post this here as opposed to emailing me.</div></div>

Kasey ,

my post here must not be intended as a flame toward you ( ... however my last email was unanswered ) , I just posted my disappoint because I bought a lot of stuff from you paying big bucks but unfortunately I can't use them as I'd like .

Now , from my point of view , asking about USD 50,00 for fixing a problem is almost unusual , above all stating that problem was not caused by me , however I could even do that but there are also the pricey shipping costs from/to Italy , and those are not up to you obviously .

May be I'll be able to fix the problems here in Italy so that I'll not disturb you anymore about this matter .

Thank you so much for your kind attention ,
stay safe ,

PP out
</div></div>PP,

Respectfully, did you read the rest of Kasey's reply? He stated, "<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">I am sorry for your experience Pinco Palla, Please tell me here, what it will take from me to satisfy your expectations in this matter." </span></span>He understands your particular situation. Tell him what you desire.

Doc1911 ,

yep , I read that but I cannot ask him to pay for the shipping and for the retrofit , it'd not be fair so I prefer to try to find a solution over here .

Stay safe ,
PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doc1911 ,

yep , I read that but I cannot ask him to pay for the shipping and for the retrofit , it'd not be fair so I prefer to try to find a solution over here .

Stay safe ,
PP out
</div></div>Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I keep a few things in mind: (1) the V8 retro-fit is an option - not a requirement, (2) Kasey pays for return shipping (at least here in the states ... this is NOT to suggest that he should have to pay for shipping to overseas locations ...but goes beond and above even for us here in the US), and (3) he has offered to go above and beyond to have you as a satisfied customer. I would at least PM him and see if you can meet him half-way here. I agree with you that Kasey should not pay your shipping from Italy - BUT I would think about it and get with Kasey and see what could be worked out ... Maybe someone from the Hide will be going to Italy soon and you can arrange FREE shipping thru their luggage, etc.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

Pinco Palla,

My apologies on the email, many possibilities there but to suggest I intentionally did not reply to your last email is simply not the case. I ask you, how many emails of yours have I answered over the years? I can't think of any reason why I would not answer your emails. None.

FYI, we had a 14K dollar PO that went directly to the Spam folder this month and it was only when the customer called did we discover this problem.

And are you really going to offer as an excuse for posting your disappointment on this forum is because I did not answer your last email?

Really???

PM is not an option anymore for you? How many times have you sent me a PM???

As we have met, and had what I thought to be a good working relationship, I would have never expected such behavior from you.

Here is what I'm willing to do for you, I will pay all of the tab, the cost for you to return them to us, the conversion and the return postage to you.

Or better, return them for a full refund.

Sincerely,

Kasey

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is great news for those of us that fell into the 2% that experienced leg failures under recoil. The upgrade will change a bipod that I've been unwilling to use for fear of continued leg collapse back into the best bipod option on the market.

Kudos to Kasey for offering a reasonably priced upgrade for previous customers where many companies would just force you to shell out for an entire new bipod. </div></div>

+1. Same issue with mine.

JRose, okay you have a deal.

Ohiogunnut, I'm not 100% sure but if you are who I think you are, then I believe you were the first one to tell me about this un-expected leg action.

The V8 would have to experience catastrophic structural failure for the legs to collapse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have never expected such behavior from you. </div></div>

Kasey ,
I'd like to know what kind of "bad" behaviour I have had with you ?
Why you are upset like that ?
Sincerely I do not understand your point , sorry .
I did not ask you anything , I did not ask you for a partial refund neither for a total refund , I did not even ask you to fix the problem for free , so what ?
Also , if my problem is just the 2% of the total bipod you sold , well , you should not be worried about that at all , is not it ?
If I'm not upset with you so why you are with me ?
PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have never expected such behavior from you. </div></div>

Kasey ,
I'd like to know what kind of "bad" behaviour I have had with you ?
Sincerely I do not understand your point , sorry .
I did not ask you anything , I did not ask you for a partial refund neither for a total refund , I did not even ask you to fix the problem for free , so what ?
Also , if my problem is just the 2% of the total bipod you sold , well , you should not be worried about that at all , is not it ?
If I'm not upset with you so why you are with me ?
PP out </div></div>

First, Kasey DID NOT use the term "bad" - which you put in quotes! However, I personally would call your conduct slanderous and defaming. Some other terms come to mind, but ...

Second, you could have initially contacted Kasey by e-mail and I feel confident he would have taken care of you. After all he had offered to care of you AFTER your unwarranted behavior in your posts, etc.

Third, instead of being a real man, you begin a unwarranted series of posts - you used a "thumbs-down" to show you were UPSET. Then you began to complain...

Fourth, even AFTER your BAD conduct (IMO this term is being too kind, but ..) Kasey offers to give you app. $$$.00 in FREE services. FREE upgrades, FREE shipping BOTH ways to Italy - which he DOES NOT owe you! All this though your bipods are NOT broken. The V8 is an UPGRADE, not a recall.

Fifth, now you say, "Why you are upset like that ? Sincerely I do not understand your point , sorry .... If I'm not upset with you so why you are with me ?" PP, you ARE UPSET - your posts and selected pics demonstrate your feelings. Your posts and conduct are unwarranted! This "thumbs-down" is for your conduct and your's alone.

Some customers will never be satisfied no matter what a reputable company does to assist them.
frown.gif

Kasey, thank you for your excellent product(s) and customer service. I am looking forward to getting my V8 to the range this coming weekend and putting it thru its paces.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This "thumbs-down" is for your conduct and your's alone. </div></div>

Man ,
is this your business ?
You are simply out of your head , I have not any deal with you so it's better you stay away from a business that's not yours .
PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If PP opts for the refund, I'll be glad to purchase his returns...</div></div>

Hey now I offered to buy it first JRose
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This "thumbs-down" is for your conduct and your's alone. </div></div>

Man ,
is this your business ?
You are simply out of your head , I have not any deal with you so it's better you stay away from a business that's not yours .
PP out
</div></div>PP,

Respectfully, you made it my business when you QUOTED Doc1911 in your orginal post to Kasey. You said,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "under recoil the foot can catch or drag a bit more and become disengaged allowing it to collapse" (Kasey stated that ONLY "a small percentage of customer’s report this"). </div></div></div></div> If you don't want me in "your business" (1) don't quote me and (2) don't make public posts about private matters. Learn some manners. Grow up.

JRose, I stand corrected, jburt did make first "claim" on one of PP’s Atlas bipods if he returns them (sorry for my oversite jburt), however he has two if they both come back, you can buy the second.

From a manufacturer’s point of view, it is pretty amazing to step back and look at the whole picture in this matter. One customer un-happy and two other potential customers hoping he stays un-happy so they can be happy!!!

I do not know the right words to express my thoughts, but I am thankful for it.

PP, please tell the intentions of your original post on a public forum as I maybe misunderstood it.

As a side note, in part you state: “Also , if my problem is just the 2% of the total bipod you sold , well , you should not be worried about that at all , is not it ?”

First it is not “if” it <span style="font-weight: bold">IS</span> less than 2% even with more customers stating they have experienced it when getting the conversion.

And two, maybe your business model is to dismiss the minority opinion, to me, their experience does matter, I listen to and value my customers input. The very first report of this un-intentional leg action was a “lightbulb” moment for me which started the process of improving the design that we see today as the V8.

Regardless, Please do explain the intentions of your original post.

Doc1911, LOL! I did not even notice the hand signal on PP’s OP….I’ll have to look and see if there is one in there I can use….

In reading this thread I am amazed at this community, our customers owe us nothing, we owe them everything and yet they defend us. I am truly humbled by that and appreciate that level of loyalty which drives us to do better by our customers. Thank you.

Kasey ,

I'm not going to send you back anything , neither I'll reply to silly posts from silly people who have not any business in this matter but just time to loose .

I wrote an email to you , so from now on what I have to say 'll be between you and me .

Thank you for your kind attention ,
PP out

Well dang, I guess ill just have to buy a v8 then. Not a problem.
laugh.gif

Kasey whats the turn around time looking like at the moment for the conversion?

PP,

You have answered your own question:

"I'd like to know what kind of "bad" behaviour I have had with you ?
Sincerely I do not understand your point...."

when you wrote: "...so from now on what I have to say 'll be between you and me ."

This is in essence the problem I have with you or anyone posting complaints on a public forum WITHOUT giving the manufacturer an opportunity to satisfy the expectation. And with your occupation, I doubt 250.00 (very high estimate on your part as the postage from here to you on both would be about 30.00) is of much concern. I believe the larger issue is your lack of faith in the Atlas based on your current experience. Fair enough, I might well feel the same way in your shoes. Thus my offer which still stands. If your pride prevents you from accepting then you can ship it I'll return converted and then if satisfied pay the tab. If not, then you have the best we have to offer to do with as you please.

I have received your email, and understand English is not your native language, and will acknowledge your English is 1000X better than my Italian. I ask that you accept this as my reply as this was started here, I want to resolve it here.

jburt and JRose, sorry things turned out the way they did for you on this, I want you guys as customers so call when time allows.

Poison123, we are telling civilians 6-8 weeks, LEO and Military not so long.

All I can say fellow Hiders, this is awesome!

BAMM! Feast your eyes on my new bi-pod!
P1030403-700.jpg

Mine arrived today as well and it's well worth the upgrade IMO.

Thanks again Kasey for making the option available to previous customers as well!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This is in essence the problem I have with you or anyone posting complaints on a public forum WITHOUT giving the manufacturer an opportunity to satisfy the expectation.

And with your occupation, I doubt 250.00 (very high estimate on your part as the postage from here to you on both would be about 30.00) is of much concern.

...... this was started here, I want to resolve it here. </div></div>

Kasey ,

I understand now , you preferred to keep this matter between us without going public , mmmhhhhh...... I see .

So , at this point , let's finish this story here if this is what you prefer , you want the true ?

It is not a matter of money , I can sure pay USD 250 or whatever , the problem at this point is in the principle , infact why I should pay for the shipping and for the retrofit to fix a problem of your bipod ?

In my opinion it'd have been far better if you seriously offer to retrofit all the bipods ( 2% of the total ) with this kind of problem for free , because the problem was in the Atlas bipods not in the shooters .

I did not like at all to read that people had to pay the retrofit to fix a problem born in the project of the bipod and not because of the shooters.

My Atlas bipods 'll be replaced in a while , not a problem, I did not ask you anything before so I'm not going to ask anything to you now and not because of my pride but because of what I stated here above.

I also run a company since the far 1984 but I never asked for money to fix a problem in my goods if generated by my company's mistakes , my customer care service simply replace the fault good with a brand new one .

Stay safe,
PP out

PP,

To be clear, you chose to post publicly, thus the reason I chose to resolve it publicly.

And as I suspected your claim of not being able to afford this conversion was not truthful. I do prefer honesty in all my dealings and thank you for finally being truthful about your concerns.

I suspect your lack of faith in my claim of the 2% number is the motivation behind your logic to convert the 2% which misses the mark. Whatever is influencing your opinion matters not, the fact is, your experience and everyone else that had that experience in no way indicates everyone will experience it. In contrast, the Hellbender washer stack solved an issue everyone would experience and we did that upgrade at no charge (well, it did cost the customer the S&H) and less than 20% of the total V7’s sold have even asked for that upgrade.

This is not the case with the leg positions based on the fact that many more shooters have never experienced this experience and I myself have shot a ton at the 45 position with a .308 and never experienced it. Heck there is even a YouTube video of an Atlas being shot at the 45 with no collapse!

So your opinion it is a flaw is without merit.

You can claim it is a weakness in the V7 design for larger caliber weapons and I will not argue that, but as the V8 demonstrates, we do listen to our customers, even the minority, and strive to improve our products.

Maybe what we should have done is offer the V8 as a “Heavy duty” model and not offer the V7 to V8 conversion. Would have made us more money, as in the conversion we replace the Main Base, both Inner legs, Leg bolts and the following Stainless Steel parts; Position Plate, Position Pin, Position button and a Spring.

Nope, we did the right thing. In making this decision we knew not everyone would be happy with the 49.95 charge, and accepted that risk. I just would have never thought you would have been one of them, I noted you did not keep your word to send me the promised photos, but figured you were busy and I was asking too much, now I see it for what it is.

Please do with the Atlas bipods as you wish, my offer stands. I do respectfully ask that if you choose to further share your experience with the world, that you be honest about our offers towards resolution in spite of your lack of candor with us.

Everyone else, it is amazing, we have had several customers send in their V7 requesting the V8 conversion and paying additional money for the S&H. When we decided to do this it ion now way was looked at as an opportunity for profit. But rather simply trying to not go broke while doing what we believed was a good turn for our customers. We really appreciate the kind gesture and considerations on the postage, but it is not necessary.

Again, thank you one and all for your support

Ill back Kasey on this 100% for a few reasons.

I look at the V8 conversion as just that, a CONVERSION, not a necissity. I to have had a leg collapse while at 45 degrees, but it was also being shot out of a pipe culvert (the black ridged plastic ones) so as to why it did it who knows. I also know that the Atlas i have here on my wifes rifle is one of the very very very early models, it has none of the mods and upgrades that have been thought up. It works just fine, i also know that the legs at a 45 degree angle are stable enough, PP trust me there, i had to send an Atlas back to Kasey, because i put the legs @ 45 degrees and bounced up and down on a rifle until it broke, any guesses at how many bounces it to me to break it? I weigh about 190lbs and it took me about 8 bounces to break it. Kasey fixed it free of charge all i paid was shipping to Kasey. Kasey is a man of his word and the 49.95 isnt shit when compared to what you are getting for that.

PP by your post, i get that you feel that Kasey should have "addressed" these problems, well its not really a problem at all, the 45 degree setting was never really meant as a "full time use" setting, its there if you need it in a pinch. And 2% might be 3 or 4 bipods that Kasey has ever sold, trust me Kasey has sold an ass ton of bipods. Also Kasey made a gracious gracious offer of paying S&H both ways as well as throwing the upgrade in for free, you denied. Well the way i see it is......either take Kasey up on his offer and quit whining or sell your Atlas and quit whining. Either route you choose, it does involve not whining that you dont agree with having to pay for an UPGRADE *****OPTION****** its not a necissity remember that.

The fact that Kasey provides an upgrade path at all is pretty amazing when you really think about it. I mean, I bought a laptop last year, then Apple has the gall to MAKE IMPROVEMENTS to it this year! They should update my current one for free, pay the shipping, hell, send me a new one! The fact of the matter is, items are constantly improved/updated, and what you purchased will one day be superceded. Continue to use what you have, or get the newer one - end of story.

I bought an Atlas which arrived about a week before the V8 was announced. Boo-freaking-hoo. I suspect I'll end up buying another, while continuing to use the perfectly functional V7...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulyosh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fact that Kasey provides an upgrade path at all is pretty amazing when you really think about it. I mean, I bought a laptop last year, then Apple has the gall to MAKE IMPROVEMENTS to it this year! They should update my current one for free, pay the shipping, hell, send me a new one! The fact of the matter is, items are constantly improved/updated, and what you purchased will one day be superceded.
</div></div>

Sums it up best IMHO....

I had a problem with my Atlas that I created when I took it apart myself (yeah I like to tinker). I called the company, Kasey answered his own phone, had be send it back, fixed the part and put it back together for me free and asap. I couldn't ask for more from a company.

In my book, Kasey is standup guy.

Im new to the whole Atlas Bipod thing and I'm just wondering if I have a front stud on my rifle will the atlas be able to connect to it? And if it won't what will I need to make it work? The reason I ask this is because most time I see the atlas it is attached to a rail on the rifle.

Thank you for your knowledge