• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

Re: *First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

B&W21 it must attach to a pic rail, it will NOT attach to a sling stud, the only other thing you can do is attach it to a spigot on an AICS

Kasey, quick question for you. Given that new orders may take 4-6 weeks for the V8 to ship, if we place an order on your website, when do you hit the credit card? Instantly or when the item ships?

quick question on the feet, some have mentioned that there is a few different feet that can be used with this bipod... what are the different types of feet that can be used, how much do the feet cost and is there any pictures etc?

Thanks deadly0311, of course you are correct and I appreciate your help.

mattmcg, Thanks for the interest in the Atlas and yes all orders processed via payment by credit card on our website are charged at the time of the final "Submit", I believe there is a notice stating this as well on the website. Our shopping cart does not allow any different.

Options, select "Pay with Check or Money Order" then put your contact information in the comment section. We will then contact you when ready to ship and charge you at that time.

Or call with the order and we'll process the CC details when ready to ship.

Hope that works.

groper, We offer three feet, the standard Rubber and the optional Cleats and Skis, see them here about 2/3rd down

Feet Link

Got a ton of the V7 to V8 conversions done Fri/Sat and will be shipping today.

Thanks again, one and all!

Yes. My first V8 arrived today. What an impressive piece of hardware ... and it weighs next to nothing. I had Kasey mail it to the office instead of the house. Now I can only look at it on my desk and daydream (and must wait to go home to try it out). I don't need another distraction at work.

Henry

Nice job on the V8 Kasey and Accu-Shot. I didn't have time to shoot this evening, but I got it mounted on the 50 BFG. It looks kind of dainty compared to the rest of the gun, but it is rock solid and has a great feel, even on the kitchen table, aiming at the porch light on my neighbor's house a quarter mile away. Can't wait to try it out at the range this weekend.

Henry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HenryBowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. My first V8 arrived today. What an impressive piece of hardware ... and it weighs next to nothing. I had Kasey mail it to the office instead of the house. Now I can only look at it on my desk and daydream (and must wait to go home to try it out). I don't need another distraction at work.

Henry </div></div>

Henry B,

How long between order and receipt?

jimmhoff...

About 6 weeks. I'm just an impatient SOB when I'm waiting. Checked the mailbox way too many times each day. Like that will make it arrive faster. Now that it's mounted on the gun, all is good.

Henry

Got my conversion back today. Kasey is top notch. Thought the post office might have lost it on its way there. But Kasey was awesome on keeping me updated about its arrival. Once again Thank you Kasey. Keep up the great customer service and the great product.

The new pod looks nice but........

I had 2 problems with my last pod from atlas. I had a POF 308 and with the legs at 45 forward one leg would pull out and collapse when shooting. Also the tension knob would loosen up about every 20rds or so.

Does the new v8 resolve both these issues? You need some kind of drag on the tension knob and a stiffer spring on the legs.

ProblemChild,

In short, yes. Both "problems" have been addressed.

The new design is completely different in that the legs don't pull out any more to engage or dis-engage the main block. Its just impossible now for that to happen. I have never had this issue occur with me but I have read about it on here, including this very thread.

The tension knob problem, I have had this happen. That was solved a little while ago by Kasey and another guy on the forums here I think. Do a search for Atlas Washer Mod. Basically they found a different way to arrange the washers and spacers in the main joint so that it would pivot under tension without the knobs position changing.

In the upgrade Kasey did on mine, it appears that the tension knob issue is solved for sure. The leg problem never happened to me before and it can't happen now.

m1k3

Thanks Vman! Not sure why the first pic looks sharper then the other ones. All were taken at the same time. Cameras have too many options on them now.
smile.gif

Mike

problemchild, you p[osted your problem with the Atlas on another thread to which i answered. I'll post it here for your convenience.

problemchild, did you buy this new?

The tension know issued is resolved via the Helbender washer stack. We do that free in-house.

Regarding the leg collapsing, did you have any trouble moving the legs into the different positions? Evidence of this is the base metal (Aluminum) being exposed on the corners of the portion of the leg that engages the detents.

If this is the case, we'll replace the damaged leg free, or if you wish, you can get the V7 converted to the V8 for 49.95. You can see the V8 here on another thread.

I want you to be happy with our products so please let me know what we can do to make that a reality.

Sincerely,

Kasey

Kasey,
If you do no mind. How is the conversion done? It looked like the part where the legs attach to had to be machined down to accept the new pices. Thanks again.

jrb572, no worries. We replace the Base (engraved part) and both inner legs then add the exposed Stainless Steel parts. We are not re-working the V7 blocks but that is a very good idea, I'm going to ask about that. I hate to scrap them, so we'll see. Thanks for the suggestion and if we can economically do it, then I reward you somehow.

Thanks Kasey. Then that is super cheap for an update.

You are more than welcome and really the 49.95 covers labor.

Wooohooo got all 4 of my bipods back from Kasey today via priority mail. They are now V8s
smile.gif
I am going to be trying them out tomorrow. Thanks Kasey for the quick turnaround, great customer service and quality work. It is appreciated.

Wooohooo... I'm happy too. I get to try Deisel's out before I upgrade!

I just wanted to say thanks to Kasey for the upgrade! Got the bipod back yesterday and it is first class! Thanks again Kasey for making this option available.

Steve

I FINALLY was able to test the ungraded Atlas today. This is a GREAT functioning bipod. The V7 is VERY GOOD, but the V8 is a significant improvement. At 45* it functioned without fail....and my groups at 300 improved as well...

Thanks Kasey - it not only looks GOOD, it functions flawlessly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deisel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also tried out my Atlas V8s today. Definite improvement, well worth the money. </div></div>

WooHoo! Got to try Deisel's upgraded Atlas bipod today and still like the AI bipod better.
wink.gif

LOL,

I'm glad you guys are liking the conversion and are willing to share the love with others, I truly appreciate it.

problemchild, I have PM'd you. I remain interested in resolving your experience with the Atlas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">problemchild, you p[osted your problem with the Atlas on another thread to which i answered. I'll post it here for your convenience.

problemchild, did you buy this new?

The tension know issued is resolved via the Helbender washer stack. We do that free in-house.

Regarding the leg collapsing, did you have any trouble moving the legs into the different positions? Evidence of this is the base metal (Aluminum) being exposed on the corners of the portion of the leg that engages the detents.

If this is the case, we'll replace the damaged leg free, or if you wish, you can get the V7 converted to the V8 for 49.95. You can see the V8 here on another thread.

I want you to be happy with our products so please let me know what we can do to make that a reality.

Sincerely,

Kasey </div></div>

Ok thanks. I sold the rifle with the bipod so it is gone. No need to fix it unless the new owner wants it fixed.

By the way your website shows the old bipod. Which bipod does a buyer get when they order?

Thanks, well if you ever get a chance to try the V8, I hope you see the value in changes we made.

I value the changes made with the V8, its great and i wish i had the coin to outfit every gun here with an Atlas.

atlasthepool-1.jpg

****disclaimer the shooting was done for the day, this was just for pictures, so dont mind the Bud Light********
laugh.gif

Hi Kasey

I have a V7 BT10NC to send in for the conversion to V8 .
Also I would like to buy A V8 with rail mount and another
V8 BT10NC for the AI Spigot. I love my Atlas .

Are the rail mounts and BT10NC available in V8 ?

Let me know I am ready to order and send the V7 in for conversion.
Thanks again
copk9 aka Dave Barnett

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I value the changes made with the V8, its great and i wish i had the coin to outfit every gun here with an Atlas.

atlasthepool-1.jpg

****disclaimer the shooting was done for the day, this was just for pictures, so dont mind the Bud Light********
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I shoot on the booze, you're just a pussy.

deadly0311, that is a uber cool Urban hide you got going on there...

Good to hear from you Dave and I'm glad you like the Atlas. All we are shipping is the V8. I'm not sure what you mean by "rail mount". The BT10 is the standard two screw style that clamps to a rail, the BT10-NC uses either a 17S size lever mount OR the BT19 AI Spigot. We'll do the conversions and ship the new at the same time if you wait till mid July to send it in.

Hi Kasey

Thanks for the response..
I'll wait for Mid July no problem...
GOOD THINGS are worth waiting for hee hee...
To clarify one NEW V8 would be the Screw rail mount or 17 S
And the other NEW V8 will be the AI spigot mount.
And of course the upgrade of my AI Spigot Mount V7.
So it will be Christmas in July/August ...
OH BTW before I forget I love the monopods also...
Thanks again
Dave Barnett AKA copk9 on SH

perfect, when you send it, include contact info and I'll make sure you get what you want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
atlasthepool-1.jpg

</div></div>

Kasey,
Is deadly testing the effects of chlorine on the Atlas for you?

lol, deadly0311 is our self appointed and un-official T&E department we don't ask, we don't suggest, he just does it and we appreciate it!!!!

Kasey....i wish i could find that video of me busting my ass when i was jumping up and down on the rifle with the legs @ 45 degree position. Needless to say the Atlas is Marine proof.

Guys,
I sent in my bipod for the new modification. I included a little more money with my bipod to cover shipping and because I felt that the modification was very reasonably priced. When I received my bipod back, enclosed was a check for the additional amount. I was floored. I really appreciate the time Kasey has spent on my particular bipod given the problems I created initially with the bipod. In my book, this is a company that really stands by its product. I know this is a sentiment echoed by many but I felt it necessary to be said again because good CS is hard to come by these days!

Kasey,
Thanks very much!

GardDog223, yes, we are waiting on two components.... have a few orders to fill yet from May then on to June just in time for JULY!!!

We have all of the sub assembled, lined up and ready to roll so the days following the receipt of those parts, there will be a ton of V8's shipped.

One of the guys I'm working with now has been blessed with all things inventory and PAPERWORK! Yahoo! anyhow, he is getting orders in line so in the next few weeks B&T IND. (think Bitter and Twisted, the parent company for the Accu-Shot and Atlas products)) should be getting into the F L O W of the parts stream.

But having said all of that, please do not wait to order from one of our dealers or us, there might come a time where even with the parts flow, civilian sales are extended further...

Ts1, if I knew that was you I would have kept it!!! lol, nah, it is all good the issue you had was one I'd seen others struggle with which was in part the inspiration to create the V8. Which I hope you liked the changes.

Thanks Kasey. I'm about 3 weeks into the order and looking forward to trying out my first Atlas.

Just received my V8 via USPS today. I ordered June 1st so right in the window for what Kasey has been quoting. Nice!

First impression, this thing is stout! After owning 5 Harris bipods, spending 30 mins with this has me thoroughly impressed. We'll run it through its paces and report back later but so far so good....