• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flat Trigger - Finger slips

I was going to just let this ugly thread die, but realized it might help others in a similar situation.

I’ve taken my rifle out twice since the original issue of my finger slipping and while I haven’t been able to repeat the serious slippage (it was raining off a soaked, slick bench), I did have slight slippage today with a little gun oil on my finger.

So what is the issue:

1. This trigger has serious overtravel. Overtravel from the second stage break to end of overtravel movement is: .13 inches

2. Travel from the start of stage 1 to the end is .3 inches.

Here is the kicker: because the trigger is flat, as the trigger is pulled the exact middle of the trigger finger’s placement moves as the trigger moves back.

The movement amounts to .1 inches down IF YOU PULL STRAIGHT BACK. If you pull in an upward motion, then the issue will NOT happen.

So, in sum: if a flat trigger has too much overtravel you might have to compensate by pulling upward, not straight back, which is very bad.

I’ll be switching to a curved trigger with hopefully reduced overtravel.