• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Florida Open Carry while fishing tested on Miami Beach pier.

NIce, thanks for posting. We need more of this.

I generally dont like the "Gotcha" set up confrontations but I kind of think more of this needs to happen.

The response strikes me as odd. Guns drawn, massive response.

This is the result of the dispatch.

Dispatch gets numerous calls of "6 guys with guns" instead of approaching this with some forethought it is going to go out over the air and there is going to be a stampede response with everyone guns out.

Dispatch needs to ask "What are the 6 guys with guns doing?" "Are they threatening", "Are the pointing", "Are the verbal, drunk, what is the context".

If the callers are just saying they are fishing than someone in charge needs to slow the response down.

I wouldnt walk right up to them, observe from a distance and have someone with balls and brains go up and make contact. Id have backup nearby but someone is going to have to do the job of making first contact in a reasonable manner - its what they make the big bucks for.

Its an education issue.

If the officers are trained that every situation is a nail they are showing up with a hammer.

But on the other side its unnerving being trolled in the current state of the world

Reactions: Slash0311
What the fuck does eh mean

"Miami Beach Police Chief Daniel Oates said, "Given the current climate, if six people show up to to a pier in South Beach carrying guns, our citizens expect us to respond promptly and address any potential danger. We did so, and I am confident our officers acted appropriately."

Yjey didnt act appropriately at teh school shooting.

What current climate is he referring to? The election of Donald Trump, people asserting their rights, telling the government and the police to go fuck themselves? What current climate is he seeing that I am missing here. Is he paranoid? Should he be allowed to carry a gun if he is paranoid?

I hate to say it but those cops approached with intent to kill, that would turn our badly if they did that to certain people.

Last edited:
What the fuck does eh mean

"Miami Beach Police Chief Daniel Oates said, "Given the current climate, if six people show up to to a pier in South Beach carrying guns, our citizens expect us to respond promptly and address any potential danger. We did so, and I am confident our officers acted appropriately."

Yjey didnt act appropriately at teh school shooting.

What current climate is he referring to? The election of Donald Trump, people asserting their rights, telling the government and the police to go fuck themselves? What current climate is he seeing that I am missing here. Is he paranoid? Should he be allowed to carry a gun if he is paranoid?

I hate to say it but those cops approached with intent to kill, that would turn our badly if they did that to certain people.

Current climate to me means world wide jihadi movement and a spate of active shooters.

Ignoring that is ignoring reality.

Still though this is America and there needs to be some investigation.

Even if it was the worst case, especially if it was the worst case, would it be tactically right to coming running in the open as the responders did?

so we gotta give up our rights because these fucktards failed to do their jobs in the first place, nope aint gonna happen, you come at me wielding a gun threatening to kill me things are gonna turn out badly for all involved.

Enough with the hero bullshit. I will let the whole world burn to a cinder before I give up my rights.

Current climate to me means world wide jihadi movement and a spate of active shooters.

Ignoring that is ignoring reality.

Still though this is America and there needs to be some investigation.

Even if it was the worst case, especially if it was the worst case, would it be tactically right to coming running in the open as the responders did?

so we gotta give up our rights because these fucktards failed to do their jobs in the first place, nope aint gonna happen, you come at me wielding a gun threatening to kill me things are gonna turn out badly for all involved.

Enough with the hero bullshit. I will let the whole world burn to a cinder before I give up my rights.

So, then, you're gonna go toe to toe against a drawn firearm in the hands of a cop if you're openly carrying and they come checking you out?

Do you understand what that sounds like, Jerry? Do you?

Open carry to me, outside of being in the woods with the possibility of a predator, is attention whoring for all the wrong reasons.

You don't have to be supportive of 2A by terrorizing soccer moms and forcing the cops to respond to a bullshit call. To paraphrase another situation, as it were, keep it in your pants.

So, then, you're gonna go toe to toe against a drawn firearm in the hands of a cop if you're openly carrying and they come checking you out?

Do you understand what that sounds like, Jerry? Do you?

Open carry to me, outside of being in the woods with the possibility of a predator, is attention whoring for all the wrong reasons.

You don't have to be supportive of 2A by terrorizing soccer moms and forcing the cops to respond to a bullshit call. To paraphrase another situation, as it were, keep it in your pants.
Where you see open carry as a provocation. I see it as "look at me maybe you should pick a better victim". If its in a holster the Soccer Mom should learn to deal with it. Nobody is gonna start any shit with her when "there's a man with a gun over there". "Telling all crooks to beware".

[insert appropriate animated .gif facepalm image here]

Jerry, do as you wish let us know how it turns out.
But I will say this. Have you ever had a LEO point a gun at you?
Having been in a situation where a LEO lost her cool just a bit. I have to say I might not be here had I lost my cool also.
Someone must maintain their head in situations like this. Just look at the Arizona hotel shooting as an example.

Did you report that shithead?

Jerry, do as you wish let us know how it turns out.
But I will say this. Have you ever had a LEO point a gun at you?
Having been in a situation where a LEO lost her cool just a bit. I have to say I might not be here had I lost my cool also.
Someone must maintain their head in situations like this. Just look at the Arizona hotel shooting as an example.

I dont OC myself but have no problem with those that do, until anyone yanks their shit out of the holster and starts threatening innocent Americans. I have no problem

Heads up...the people who carry guns legally are not the ones shooting everyone. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ...

them being "terrorized" is their own damn fault....not ours.

if you are "terrorized" by someone not breaking the law, you need mental help.

as for the cops, again, me not breaking the law is not me "forcing the cops" to do anything......i can not break the law all i want, if the police are dumb enough to respond to calls of someone not breaking the law, thats their own damn fault.

regarding OC in general......it has its pros and cons........however i dont see anyone telling police they should CC.

if OC were so terrible for all the BS reasons yall make up, surely those who are required to carry a weapon all day would be CCing

Last edited:
I sure as shit would not appreciate being treated like a common criminal just for exercising my Constitutional rights. Not like they gave the appearance of gang-bangers with their Tec 9's hanging from their belts.

I respect cops, but come on man. Use some fucking common sense too. Did these guys present a clear and present danger? Fuck no. No need to come in guns drawn with the tough guy attitude. Cops don't need us as the enemy right now. They got enough of a PR problem as it is with the questionable shootings.

As trigger happy as cops are today, I don't even want to be around or approached by any of them. Interactions with them in the past have only cost me my time and/or hard earned money in one form or another. Most of them where I live are known wife beaters with attitude problems and the deep state stands 100% behind them. I feel much safer and more free when I am among the general public. Be the gray man. Blend in. I'm usually in an urban setting and I carry concealed everywhere and prefer the element of surprise over the perceived deterrent of open carry. Concealed carry permit holders are only 10-20% of the population at best in city/urban settings, so the sheeple out there are the vast majority and easily encouraged to stampede when "scared" by an open carrier.

I'm not against open carry through laws, as I wouldn't mind it at all in a rural setting where the population is over 50% pro gun. I would even open carry in such a setting.

Reactions: deersniper