• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Florida Trooper Arrests Miami Cop for Speeding

Re: Florida Trooper Arrests Miami Cop for Speeding

[/quote]

Ok so how would you know? Would FHP call you and alert you to his action, absolutely not. The only way you would be alerted would be if he was in a company vehicle registered in the company's name, and it was impounded subsequent to the arrest, if he were acting an asshat in his POV, you as an employer would never know.

So as a police officer, he is getting disciplined departmentally and criminally.

Its no different than military personnel getting arrested off base, then taking it from the command when they get back.

[/quote]

If one of my employee's was driving 120 MPH, and was fleeing and eluding the police like the Miami Police Officer was they would be arrested and the vehicle would be impoounded, since the only person who can get a vehicle from a Police Impound lot is the registered owner, I would know when I went to pick up the vehicle or when I found out my employee was arrested.

As soon as I found out an employee was driving a company vehicle in a manner anywhere remotely like the Miami Police officer was, they would immediately be fired.

This Police Officer is not be charged criminally like he should he got a reckless driving ticket only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For all you guys that say "he should have been treated like any Joe Schmoe that gets stopped doing 120Mph" or that "he got favorable treatment because he is a cop".

It always amazes me how the ones the know the least are always the ones with the loudest opinions. Plenty of times I've let people go with a summons for far worse. Sometimes even a verbal.

She fucked up the minute she realized he was a cop and still decided to cuff him. Why handcuff the guy if you're not taking him to jail. To humiliate him and "teach him a lesson". I've never seen the need to draw down on anyone much less a uniformed officer for a traffic violation no matter how gross it was.

A lot of you just get your rocks off seeing this happen to another cop because your contempt of anyone in a uniform is overtly obvious.

For the record, I don't agree with the Miami guys' actions. He was reckless and put people in danger needlessly but the gun in his face and handcuffs was over the top given that she KNEW who he was. Seems like she has an axe to grind and she found her man. Those of you applauding her, she is no better than the guy she stopped. She let her feelings get in the way of her job and made some bad decisions. </div></div>

You have seen people run from the police and then get off with a verbal?

You sir have broken my Bullshit meter.

She did not break any laws, the Miami police officer did and because he is a Police Officer he got special treatment and was not taken to jail like a normal everyday citizen would have been.

You can take your bullshit meter and stick it where the sun don't shine. Your opinions are based on conjecture and hearsay. I post from experience.

Being a uniformed police officer and getting handcuffed, detained and criminally charged isn't receiving "special treatment".

They were BOTH wrong!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can take your bullshit meter and stick it where the sun don't shine. Your opinions are based on conjecture and hearsay. I post from experience.

Being a uniformed police officer and getting handcuffed, detained and criminally charged isn't receiving "special treatment".

They were BOTH wrong! </div></div>

He was released and not taken to jail or charged as a criminal, he was allowed to leave and was only given a traffic ticket for reckless driving, that is the special treatment he got.

Just because he wears a police uniform does not mean he is above the law.

Can you post Florida statute that says a police officer who acts like a criminal should not be cuffed or detained?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IT'S MY CAR (tax payer) - drive your car 120 NOT mine </div></div>

If he wants to drive 120 MPH he needs to go to a track and stay off the road, there is no reason for anyone to drive the way he was.

Die, topic, Die!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">He was released and not taken to jail or charged as a criminal, he was allowed to leave and was only given a traffic ticket for reckless driving, that is the special treatment he got.</span>

Can you post Florida statute that says a police officer who acts like a criminal should not be cuffed or detained? </div></div>

I'm not 100% certain about FL but Reckless driving is a misdemeanor under the vehicle and traffic law in NY. And if their CPL is similar to the one here, a traffic summons is issued in lieu of arrest. So instead of hauling people to jail for traffic infractions (which you most certainly can do as a cop) you issue them a notice to appear in court to contest their charges.

Now, he WAS indeed charged when he was issued the ticket. With a misdemeanor no less. So again, where is the "special treatment" that he got? Now I've written a few tickets during my time but unless it was for DWI/DUI I never saw the need to stick a gun in a guys face or handcuff him prior to issuing him his summons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">He was released and not taken to jail or charged as a criminal, he was allowed to leave and was only given a traffic ticket for reckless driving, that is the special treatment he got.</span>

Can you post Florida statute that says a police officer who acts like a criminal should not be cuffed or detained? </div></div>

I'm not 100% certain about FL but Reckless driving is a misdemeanor under the vehicle and traffic law in NY. And if their CPL is similar to the one here, a traffic summons is issued in lieu of arrest. So instead of hauling people to jail for traffic infractions (which you most certainly can do as a cop) you issue them a notice to appear in court to contest their charges.

Now, he WAS indeed charged when he was issued the ticket. With a misdemeanor no less. So again, where is the "special treatment" that he got? Now I've written a few tickets during my time but unless it was for DWI/DUI I never saw the need to stick a gun in a guys face or handcuff him prior to issuing him his summons. </div></div>

reckless driving is a misdemeanor and a traffic summons is issued.

Going 50 MPH over the speed limit is an automatic arrest and is a felony, fleeing and eluding the police is a felony and an automatic arrest, he was not charged with either one of these crimes.

He was not even arrested, he was cuffed but shortly later he was released.

The special treatment he got was not being arrested on the felony charge of speeding 50 MPH or more over the speed limit and not being arrested for fleeing and eluding.

a gun was stuck in his face and he was handcuffed, just like anyone else would have been, except he was released.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #FF0000">
Going 50 MPH over the speed limit is an automatic arrest and is a felony, fleeing and eluding the police is a felony and an automatic arrest, he was not charged with either one of these crimes.</span>

The special treatment he got was not being arrested on the felony charge of speeding 50 MPH or more over the speed limit and not being arrested for fleeing and eluding.

a gun was stuck in his face and he was handcuffed, just like anyone else would have been, except he was released. </div></div>

Are you just making this stuff up, or did you happen to get it from CSI Miami? Let me learn you a few things...

As per the state of Florida Vehicle and Traffic Law for 2011

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">316.183 Unlawful Speed:</span></span>
Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES

Chapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL

View Entire Chapter
316.183&#8195;Unlawful speed.—
(1)&#8195;No person shall drive a vehicle on a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and potential hazards then existing. In every event, speed shall be controlled as may be necessary to avoid colliding with any person, vehicle, or other conveyance or object on or entering the highway in compliance with legal requirements and the duty of all persons to use due care.
(2)&#8195;On all streets or highways, the maximum speed limits for all vehicles must be 30 miles per hour in business or residence districts, and 55 miles per hour at any time at all other locations. However, with respect to a residence district, a county or municipality may set a maximum speed limit of 20 or 25 miles per hour on local streets and highways after an investigation determines that such a limit is reasonable. It is not necessary to conduct a separate investigation for each residence district. The minimum speed limit on all highways that comprise a part of the National System of Interstate and Defense Highways and have not fewer than four lanes is 40 miles per hour, except that when the posted speed limit is 70 miles per hour, the minimum speed limit is 50 miles per hour.
(3)&#8195;No school bus shall exceed the posted speed limits, not to exceed 55 miles per hour at any time.
(4)&#8195;The driver of every vehicle shall, consistent with the requirements of subsection (1), drive at an appropriately reduced speed when:
(a)&#8195;Approaching and crossing an intersection or railway grade crossing;
(b)&#8195;Approaching and going around a curve;
(c)&#8195;Approaching a hill crest;
(d)&#8195;Traveling upon any narrow or winding roadway; and
(e)&#8195;Any special hazard exists with respect to pedestrians or other traffic or by reason of weather or highway conditions.
(5)&#8195;No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.
(6)&#8195;No driver of a vehicle shall exceed the posted maximum speed limit in a work zone area.
(7)&#8195;A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.
History.—s. 1, ch. 71-135; s. 1, ch. 76-159; s. 3, ch. 76-218; s. 3, ch. 76-286; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 6, ch. 87-161; s. 2, ch. 88-47; s. 5, ch. 88-91; s. 4, ch. 88-93; s. 21, ch. 90-227; s. 17, ch. 94-306; s. 20, ch. 96-350; s. 135, ch. 99-248; s. 32, ch. 2005-164.
<span style="font-weight: bold">
<span style="color: #FF0000">316.192 Reckless Driving:</span></span>
Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES

Chapter 316

View Entire Chapter
316.192&#8195;Reckless driving.—
(1)(a)&#8195;Any person who drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
(b)&#8195;Fleeing a law enforcement officer in a motor vehicle is reckless driving per se.
(2)&#8195;Except as provided in subsection (3), any person convicted of reckless driving shall be punished:
(a)&#8195;Upon a first conviction, by imprisonment for a period of not more than 90 days or by fine of not less than $25 nor more than $500, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
(b)&#8195;On a second or subsequent conviction, by imprisonment for not more than 6 months or by a fine of not less than $50 nor more than $1,000, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
(3)&#8195;Any person:
(a)&#8195;Who is in violation of subsection (1);
(b)&#8195;Who operates a vehicle; and
(c)&#8195;Who, by reason of such operation, causes:
1.&#8195;Damage to the property or person of another commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
2.&#8195;Serious bodily injury to another commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. The term “serious bodily injury” means an injury to another person, which consists of a physical condition that creates a substantial risk of death, serious personal disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ.
(4)&#8195;Notwithstanding any other provision of this section, $5 shall be added to a fine imposed pursuant to this section. The clerk shall remit the $5 to the Department of Revenue for deposit in the Emergency Medical Services Trust Fund.
(5)&#8195;In addition to any other penalty provided under this section, if the court has reasonable cause to believe that the use of alcohol, chemical substances set forth in s. 877.111, or substances controlled under chapter 893 contributed to a violation of this section, the court shall direct the person so convicted to complete a DUI program substance abuse education course and evaluation as provided in s. 316.193(5) within a reasonable period of time specified by the court. If the DUI program conducting such course and evaluation refers the person to an authorized substance abuse treatment provider for substance abuse evaluation and treatment, the directive of the court requiring completion of such course, evaluation, and treatment shall be enforced as provided in s. 322.245. The referral to treatment resulting from the DUI program evaluation may not be waived without a supporting independent psychosocial evaluation conducted by an authorized substance abuse treatment provider, appointed by the court, which shall have access to the DUI program psychosocial evaluation before the independent psychosocial evaluation is conducted. The court shall review the results and recommendations of both evaluations before determining the request for waiver. The offender shall bear the full cost of this procedure. If a person directed to a DUI program substance abuse education course and evaluation or referred to treatment under this subsection fails to report for or complete such course, evaluation, or treatment, the DUI program shall notify the court and the department of the failure. Upon receipt of such notice, the department shall cancel the person’s driving privilege, notwithstanding the terms of the court order or any suspension or revocation of the driving privilege. The department may reinstate the driving privilege upon verification from the DUI program that the education, evaluation, and treatment are completed. The department may temporarily reinstate the driving privilege on a restricted basis upon verification that the offender is currently participating in treatment and has completed the DUI education course and evaluation requirement. If the DUI program notifies the department of the second failure to complete treatment, the department shall reinstate the driving privilege only after notice of successful completion of treatment from the DUI program.
History.—s. 1, ch. 71-135; s. 1, ch. 76-31; s. 23, ch. 85-167; s. 1, ch. 85-337; s. 1, ch. 88-5; s. 17, ch. 91-255; s. 31, ch. 92-78; s. 10, ch. 94-306; s. 4, ch. 99-234; s. 9, ch. 2001-122; s. 1, ch. 2001-147; s. 9, ch. 2006-290.
Note.—Former s. 316.029.

Florida Traffic Statutes

Try knowing what you're talking about before pulling shit out of your ass. NOTHING is automatic. So my question stands, what was the "special treatment" that he got?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #FF0000">
Going 50 MPH over the speed limit is an automatic arrest and is a felony, fleeing and eluding the police is a felony and an automatic arrest, he was not charged with either one of these crimes.</span>

a gun was stuck in his face and he was handcuffed, just like anyone else would have been, except he was released. </div></div>

Are you just making this stuff up, or did you happen to get it from CSI Miami? Let me learn you a few things...

As per the state of Florida Vehicle and Traffic Law for 2011

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">316.183 Unlawful Speed:</span></span>
Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES

Chapter 316

View Entire Chapter
316.183&#8195;Unlawful speed.—
(1)&#8195;No person shall drive a vehicle on a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and potential hazards then existing. In every event, speed shall be controlled as may be necessary to avoid colliding with any person, vehicle, or other conveyance or object on or entering the highway in compliance with legal requirements and the duty of all persons to use due care.
(2)&#8195;On all streets or highways, the maximum speed limits for all vehicles must be 30 miles per hour in business or residence districts, and 55 miles per hour at any time at all other locations. However, with respect to a residence district, a county or municipality may set a maximum speed limit of 20 or 25 miles per hour on local streets and highways after an investigation determines that such a limit is reasonable. It is not necessary to conduct a separate investigation for each residence district. The minimum speed limit on all highways that comprise a part of the National System of Interstate and Defense Highways and have not fewer than four lanes is 40 miles per hour, except that when the posted speed limit is 70 miles per hour, the minimum speed limit is 50 miles per hour.
(3)&#8195;No school bus shall exceed the posted speed limits, not to exceed 55 miles per hour at any time.
(4)&#8195;The driver of every vehicle shall, consistent with the requirements of subsection (1), drive at an appropriately reduced speed when:
(e)&#8195;Any special hazard exists with respect to pedestrians or other traffic or by reason of weather or highway conditions.
(5)&#8195;No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.
(6)&#8195;No driver of a vehicle shall exceed the posted maximum speed limit in a work zone area.
(7)&#8195;A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.
History.—s. 1, ch. 71-135; s. 1, ch. 76-159; s. 3, ch. 76-218; s. 3, ch. 76-286; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 6, ch. 87-161; s. 2, ch. 88-47; s. 5, ch. 88-91; s. 4, ch. 88-93; s. 21, ch. 90-227; s. 17, ch. 94-306; s. 20, ch. 96-350; s. 135, ch. 99-248; s. 32, ch. 2005-164.
<span style="font-weight: bold">
<span style="color: #FF0000">316.192 Reckless Driving:</span></span>
Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES

Chapter 316

View Entire Chapter
316.192&#8195;Reckless driving.—
(1)(a)&#8195;Any person who drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
(b)&#8195;Fleeing a law enforcement officer in a motor vehicle is reckless driving per se.
(2)&#8195;Except as provided in subsection (3), any person convicted of reckless driving shall be punished:
(a)&#8195;Upon a first conviction, by imprisonment for a period of not more than 90 days or by fine of not less than $25 nor more than $500, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
(b)&#8195;On a second or subsequent conviction, by imprisonment for not more than 6 months or by a fine of not less than $50 nor more than $1,000, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
(3)&#8195;Any person:
(a)&#8195;Who is in violation of subsection (1);
(b)&#8195;Who operates a vehicle; and
(c)&#8195;Who, by reason of such operation, causes:
1.&#8195;Damage to the property or person of another commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
2.&#8195;Serious bodily injury to another commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. The term “serious bodily injury” means an injury to another person, which consists of a physical condition that creates a substantial risk of death, serious personal disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ.
(4)&#8195;Notwithstanding any other provision of this section, $5 shall be added to a fine imposed pursuant to this section. The clerk shall remit the $5 to the Department of Revenue for deposit in the Emergency Medical Services Trust Fund.
(5)&#8195;In addition to any other penalty provided under this section, if the court has reasonable cause to believe that the use of alcohol, chemical substances set forth in s. 877.111, or substances controlled under chapter 893 contributed to a violation of this section, the court shall direct the person so convicted to complete a DUI program substance abuse education course and evaluation as provided in s. 316.193(5) within a reasonable period of time specified by the court. If the DUI program conducting such course and evaluation refers the person to an authorized substance abuse treatment provider for substance abuse evaluation and treatment, the directive of the court requiring completion of such course, evaluation, and treatment shall be enforced as provided in s. 322.245. The referral to treatment resulting from the DUI program evaluation may not be waived without a supporting independent psychosocial evaluation conducted by an authorized substance abuse treatment provider, appointed by the court, which shall have access to the DUI program psychosocial evaluation before the independent psychosocial evaluation is conducted. The court shall review the results and recommendations of both evaluations before determining the request for waiver. The offender shall bear the full cost of this procedure. If a person directed to a DUI program substance abuse education course and evaluation or referred to treatment under this subsection fails to report for or complete such course, evaluation, or treatment, the DUI program shall notify the court and the department of the failure. Upon receipt of such notice, the department shall cancel the person’s driving privilege, notwithstanding the terms of the court order or any suspension or revocation of the driving privilege. The department may reinstate the driving privilege upon verification from the DUI program that the education, evaluation, and treatment are completed. The department may temporarily reinstate the driving privilege on a restricted basis upon verification that the offender is currently participating in treatment and has completed the DUI education course and evaluation requirement. If the DUI program notifies the department of the second failure to complete treatment, the department shall reinstate the driving privilege only after notice of successful completion of treatment from the DUI program.
History.—s. 1, ch. 71-135; s. 1, ch. 76-31; s. 23, ch. 85-167; s. 1, ch. 85-337; s. 1, ch. 88-5; s. 17, ch. 91-255; s. 31, ch. 92-78; s. 10, ch. 94-306; s. 4, ch. 99-234; s. 9, ch. 2001-122; s. 1, ch. 2001-147; s. 9, ch. 2006-290.
Note.—Former s. 316.029.

Florida Traffic Statutes

Try knowing what you're talking about before pulling shit out of your ass. NOTHING is automatic. So my question stands, what was the "special treatment" that he got? </div></div>

He was fleeing and eluding a Third Degree Felony.

316.1935&#8195;Fleeing or attempting to elude a law enforcement officer; aggravated fleeing or eluding.—
(1)&#8195;It is unlawful for the operator of any vehicle, having knowledge that he or she has been ordered to stop such vehicle by a duly authorized law enforcement officer, willfully to refuse or fail to stop the vehicle in compliance with such order or, having stopped in knowing compliance with such order, willfully to flee in an attempt to elude the officer, and a person who violates this subsection commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(2)&#8195;Any person who willfully flees or attempts to elude a law enforcement officer in an authorized law enforcement patrol vehicle, with agency insignia and other jurisdictional markings prominently displayed on the vehicle, with siren and lights activated commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(3)&#8195;Any person who willfully flees or attempts to elude a law enforcement officer in an authorized law enforcement patrol vehicle, with agency insignia and other jurisdictional markings prominently displayed on the vehicle, with siren and lights activated, and during the course of the fleeing or attempted eluding:
(a)&#8195;Drives at high speed, or in any manner which demonstrates a wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property, commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(b)&#8195;Drives at high speed, or in any manner which demonstrates a wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property, and causes serious bodily injury or death to another person, including any law enforcement officer involved in pursuing or otherwise attempting to effect a stop of the person’s vehicle, commits a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the court shall sentence any person convicted of committing the offense described in this paragraph to a mandatory minimum sentence of 3 years imprisonment. Nothing in this paragraph shall prevent a court from imposing a greater sentence of incarceration as authorized by law.

(4)&#8195;Any person who, in the course of unlawfully leaving or attempting to leave the scene of a crash in violation of s. 316.027 or s. 316.061, having knowledge of an order to stop by a duly authorized law enforcement officer, willfully refuses or fails to stop in compliance with such an order, or having stopped in knowing compliance with such order, willfully flees in an attempt to elude such officer and, as a result of such fleeing or eluding:
(a)&#8195;Causes injury to another person or causes damage to any property belonging to another person, commits aggravated fleeing or eluding, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(b)&#8195;Causes serious bodily injury or death to another person, including any law enforcement officer involved in pursuing or otherwise attempting to effect a stop of the person’s vehicle, commits aggravated fleeing or eluding with serious bodily injury or death, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

The felony of aggravated fleeing or eluding and the felony of aggravated fleeing or eluding with serious bodily injury or death constitute separate offenses for which a person may be charged, in addition to the offenses under ss. 316.027 and 316.061, relating to unlawfully leaving the scene of a crash, which the person had been in the course of committing or attempting to commit when the order to stop was given. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the court shall sentence any person convicted of committing aggravated fleeing or eluding with serious bodily injury or death to a mandatory minimum sentence of 3 years imprisonment. Nothing in this subsection shall prevent a court from imposing a greater sentence of incarceration as authorized by law.

(5)&#8195;The court shall revoke, for a period not less than 1 year nor exceeding 5 years, the driver’s license of any operator of a motor vehicle convicted of a violation of subsection (1), subsection (2), subsection (3), or subsection (4).

(6)&#8195;Notwithstanding s. 948.01, no court may suspend, defer, or withhold adjudication of guilt or imposition of sentence for any violation of this section. A person convicted and sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of incarceration under paragraph (3)(b) or paragraph (4)(b) is not eligible for statutory gain-time under s. 944.275 or any form of discretionary early release, other than pardon or executive clemency or conditional medical release under s. 947.149, prior to serving the mandatory minimum sentence.

(7)&#8195;Any motor vehicle involved in a violation of this section is deemed to be contraband, which may be seized by a law enforcement agency and is subject to forfeiture pursuant to ss. 932.701-932.704. Any vehicle not required to be titled under the laws of this state is presumed to be the property of the person in possession of the vehicle.

History.—s. 1, ch. 71-135; s. 1, ch. 76-31; s. 4, ch. 85-309; s. 52, ch. 89-282; s. 1, ch. 94-276; s. 896, ch. 95-148; s. 1, ch. 98-274; s. 140, ch. 99-248; s. 1, ch. 2004-388.

Note.—Former s. 316.019.

316.1926&#8195;Additional offenses.—(1)&#8195;A person who violates the provisions of s. 316.2085(2) or (3) shall be cited for a moving violation, punishable as provided in chapter 318.
(2)&#8195;A person who exceeds the speed limit in excess of 50 miles per hour or more in violation of s. 316.183(2), s. 316.187, or s. 316.189 shall be cited for a moving violation, punishable as provided in chapter 318.
History.—s. 1, ch. 2008-117.

316.183&#8195;Unlawful speed.—(1)&#8195;<span style="font-weight: bold">No person </span>shall drive a vehicle on a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and potential hazards then existing. In every event, speed shall be controlled as may be necessary to avoid colliding with any person, vehicle, or other conveyance or object on or entering the highway in compliance with legal requirements and the duty of all persons to use due care.

No he wasn't. Driving like a dick, yes. Fleeing and eluding, no.

You're grasping at straws here and its starting to bore me.

Try reading the statute which you just posted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Try knowing what you're talking about before pulling shit out of your ass. NOTHING is automatic. So my question stands, what was the "special treatment" that he got? </div></div>

The special treatment he got was not being arrested for fleeing and eluding a 3rd degree felony with a minimum 3 year sentence and not getting cited for speeding of 50 MPH or more over the limit which the 1st offense is a $1,000.00 fine, plus court costs.

I don't make this up, I posted the relevant Florida Statute.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No he wasn't. Driving like a dick, yes. Fleeing and eluding, no.

Try reading the statute which you just posted. </div></div>

he was clearly fleeing and eluding, if you can't admit that you are lying to yourself.

If you were chasing someone with your lights on and it took them over 4 minutes to pull over, and made several illegal lane changes, what would you call that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No he wasn't. Driving like a dick, yes. Fleeing and eluding, no.

he was clearly fleeing and eluding, if you can't admit that you are lying to yourself.

If you were chasing someone with your lights on and it took them over 4 minutes to pull over, and made several illegal lane changes, what would you call that? </div></div>

No he wasn't! Read the law, you need to prove intent. Any DA would toss that charge after viewing the video but hey, what do I know, I've only been doing this for well over a decade.

I'll venture to say that I've been behind more people lights and siren that are clueless enough NOT to realize that I'm behind them. Whether they're distracted by the phone, stereo, passengers or whatever, they don't always realize that we're behind them. It happens, they may be clueless but human. Doesn't mean they need to be charged with a felony for being stupid.

Not everyone is perfect like you. I have a feeling that your only issue with this is that the Miami guy wasn't Tasered, issued a beating and then carted off to jail. Same scenario with a civilian and this would be a non-issue for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No he wasn't. Driving like a dick, yes. Fleeing and eluding, no.

If you were chasing someone with your lights on and it took them over 4 minutes to pull over, and made several illegal lane changes, what would you call that? </div></div>

I'll venture to say that I've been behind more people lights and siren that are clueless enough NOT to realize that I'm behind them. Whether they're distracted by the phone, stereo, passengers or whatever, they don't always realize that we're behind them. It happens, they may be clueless but human. Doesn't mean they need to be charged with a felony for being stupid.

Not everyone is perfect like you. I have a feeling that your only issue with this is that the Miami guy wasn't Tasered, issued a beating and then carted off to jail. Same scenario with a civilian and this would be a non-issue for you. </div></div>

Exceeding the speed limit by 30 MPH or more requires a court appearance.

I never said I was perfect but you don't have to be a Police Officer to be able to read the Florida Statute and realize he broke several laws and I have never driven like that Miami Police Officer did.

I don't think he should have been tazed or beaten, but he did deserve to go to jail just like anyone else would have.

I would have expected <span style="text-decoration: underline">anyone</span> who drove like that Miami Police Officer did to go to jail.

318.19&#8195;Infractions requiring a mandatory hearing.—Any person cited for the infractions listed in this section shall not have the provisions of s. 318.14(2), (4), and (9) available to him or her but must appear before the designated official at the time and location of the scheduled hearing:
(1)&#8195;Any infraction which results in a crash that causes the death of another;
(2)&#8195;Any infraction which results in a crash that causes “serious bodily injury” of another as defined in s. 316.1933(1);
(3)&#8195;Any infraction of s. 316.172(1)(b);
(4)&#8195;Any infraction of s. 316.520(1) or (2); or
(5)&#8195;Any infraction of s. 316.183(2), s. 316.187, or s. 316.189 of exceeding the speed limit by 30 m.p.h. or more.

Well fortunately for the citizens of your FL your "expectations" and the actual law are two very different things.

No one is disputing the fact that he broke the law but millions of Americans break the law everyday behind the wheel and very few of them go to jail.

He will have his day in court though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well fortunately for the citizens of your FL your "expectations" and the actual law are two very different things.

No one is disputing the fact that he broke the law but millions of Americans break the law everyday behind the wheel and very few of them go to jail.

He will have his day in court though. </div></div>

He doesn't have to go to court, he can just pay the fine and not go to court unless he wants to fight it.

I don't see any judge or jury not finding him guilty of Reckless driving, hopefully the state attorney will bring other charges against him.

It sure is nice to know you are in new York and not in Florida.

The question is, "Will this debate last longer than the Simpson trial"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well fortunately for the citizens of your FL your "expectations" and the actual law are two very different things.

He will have his day in court though. </div></div>

He doesn't have to go to court, he can just pay the fine and not go to court unless he wants to fight it.

I don't see any judge or jury not finding him guilty of Reckless driving, hopefully the state attorney will bring other charges against him.

It sure is nice to know you are in new York and not in Florida. </div></div>

So now you're speculating on the outcome of the supposed trial that you say he isn't subject to if he just pays a fine?

For the umpteenth time, there is no disputing that he was driving recklessly. I gave you that but I guess you still need to have the last word.

The floor is yours.

Lolz Too funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can take your bullshit meter and stick it where the sun don't shine. Your opinions are based on conjecture and hearsay. I post from experience.

They were BOTH wrong! </div></div>there is no way she was wrong cuffing that peice of shit that thought he was the above the law in that police car-that woman may be one of the few good guys in the force that doesnt give a shit if your a cop or a crimminal and will treat them the same if they break the law .Slapchop you should look to be more LIKE THIS WOMAN ! maybe you could start with a perm

Slapchop, No matter how or what you say these assholes will always have an answer to justify their bullshit. If they were not on the internet 24/7 they would probably be camping out on Wall street smoking pot with the rest of the other hippie wannabe grunge fucking scumbags
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slapchop, No matter how or what you say these assholes will always have an answer to justify their bullshit. If they were not on the internet 24/7 they would probably be camping out on Wall street smoking pot with the rest of the other hippie wannabe grunge fucking scumbags
laugh.gif
. </div></div>

It is you and slapchop justifying bullshit, it is attitudes like yours, slapchops and the miami cop who drove like an idiot that give decent L.E.O.'s a bad name.

It is kind of ironic both you and slapchop are from New York, New yorkers come to Florida and stink up the place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slapchop, No matter how or what you say these assholes will always have an answer to justify their bullshit. If they were not on the internet 24/7 they would probably be camping out on Wall street smoking pot with the rest of the other hippie wannabe grunge fucking scumbags
laugh.gif
. </div></div>

Im sitting in my corperate office quite sober and I like classical not grundge - and I would not trust Slapchop to treat me the same as a fellow officer -there is the problem -and the perm

The Miami cop's lawyer, says his client did not do much wrong, no real evidence of him going over 100MPH, etc. If this holds up, I guess the same excuse should apply to all other people. It turns out, according the NBC, Miami that his cop does not care about a lot of rules, here's an example:

"Lopez told the trooper he was heading for a private school in Coconut Grove and thought he was going to be late. An NBC Miami investigation indicated Lopez may have violated the police department's own rules for off-duty work, though Miami police said their internal investigation prevents them from answering questions about any potential violation of work rules.

Lopez, who previously did a story with NBC Miami about keeping teens off the streets, told the trooper who stopped him at 6:30 a.m. that <span style="text-decoration: underline">he had a 21-hour work day ahead of him.</span><span style="text-decoration: underline">The Miami Police Department rules for off-duty work, which NBC Miami obtained, state that members are prohibited from working </span><span style="text-decoration: underline">more than 15 hours during one day. The 15 hour maximum will include a combined total of off-duty and on-duty working hours."</span>
It now looks like the parents from the "high powered" school he was racing to, are now a little taken back about letting their kids start to drive! And no wonder, if this is the type of driving a first time driver is going to run up against, -keep those kids safe-, at those speeds, someone usually dies, or is :*&^ up for life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: onechance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Die, topic, Die! </div></div>

NO,NO,NO,NO. Make the pussy live...make it live...... This is great stuff... All the department chapter 3 sec 5b dadadadadada. I can't get enough of this infighting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Miami cop's lawyer, says his client did not do much wrong, no real evidence of him going over 100MPH, etc. If this holds up, I guess the same excuse should apply to all other people. </div></div>

Yeah, sure.

But of course we don't "need" to have real evidence when we accuse a police officer of any wrongdoing versus a civilian. 110% Guilty until proven innocent. We can adjudicate right here from the armchair. How DARE he get an attorney and attempt to make the state prove its case.......Outrageous!

We don't "need" to advise police officers accused of a crime of Miranda, and afford them the same rights any shitburger would be legally entitled to when we stick a gun in their face, handcuff them and then start using their statements against them.

"Rights" are only for <span style="font-weight: bold">us</span>, and the people we like. The people <span style="font-weight: bold">we</span> accuse just don't deserve them.

Many think the constitution failed them from their armchairs here, with occurrence of "special treatment," etc. Apply the constitution as intended - to the one person in this who is actually under the force of government - the MDPD officer, not any of YOU.

If you really want the constitution to be a one way street, you can try to have it that way, but traffic will eventually not flow the way you hoped it would.

--Fargo007

Personally, I see a lot of FAIL with this on both sides. The whole thing has turned into a pissing match and is unnecessary. Lets hope that in the future, there are some protocols in place so if this sort of thing happens again, it will be handled more professionally on both sides.
The Miami officer shouldn't have been speeding since he was off duty and not on call or running Code. The FHP Troop was out of line at the point she realized it was another officer and he wasn't driving a stolen cruiser. Have your dispatch contact MDPD and have them send out a supervisor for both MDPD and FHP. This could have got ugly really fast. Save the name calling and berating for another time.

Chad

Lesson learned: Don't wrecklessly drive 120+ mph in Florida even if you have a get out of jail free card/badge.

I think this topic has brought out good points on both sides, but it's like everything else in life, not all will see eye to eye.

We can analyze this until December 21, 2012, but it will not matter, by then the world will supposedly come to it's end.

Can't we all just get along? I feel like breaking out a Barney song now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: onechance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this topic has brought out good points on both sides, but it's like everything else in life, not all will see eye to eye.

We can analyze this until <span style="color: #FF0000">December 21, 2012, but it will not matter, by then the world will supposedly come to it's end </span> .

Can't we all just get along? I feel like breaking out a Barney song now. </div></div>

Now Im scared. Just when Im gettin my Social Security. Is this just some hippy fable stuff, or has it been empirically verified?
sleep.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Miami cop's lawyer, says his client did not do much wrong, no real evidence of him going over 100MPH, etc. If this holds up, I guess the same excuse should apply to all other people. </div></div>

Yeah, sure.

But of course we don't "need" to have real evidence when we accuse a police officer of any wrongdoing versus a civilian. 110% Guilty until proven innocent. We can adjudicate right here from the armchair. How DARE he get an attorney and attempt to make the state prove its case.......Outrageous!

We don't "need" to advise police officers accused of a crime of Miranda, and afford them the same rights any shitburger would be legally entitled to when we stick a gun in their face, handcuff them and then start using their statements against them.

"Rights" are only for <span style="font-weight: bold">us</span>, and the people we like. The people <span style="font-weight: bold">we</span> accuse just don't deserve them.

Many think the constitution failed them from their armchairs here, with occurrence of "special treatment," etc. Apply the constitution as intended - to the one person in this who is actually under the force of government - the MDPD officer, not any of YOU.

If you really want the constitution to be a one way street, you can try to have it that way, but traffic will eventually not flow the way you hoped it would.

--Fargo007 </div></div>

The Miami police officer was treated far better than anyone else would have been, everyone is supposed to follow the laws, just because he has a badge does not mean he should be given special treatment.

I think the FHP Trooper did a good job except she did not haul him to jail like she would have if it was an non l.e.o.

If the NBC, Miami, report is true, then the rules and regualtions of his own department "don't apply" to him. When guys drive as if the laws don't apply, then we find out [if], he doesn't believe the rules and regs of his own dept apply, we just support the Trooper that much more.
Those of you attacking the Trooper are "selective anti-LEO". I wish someone would publish the list of those LE organizations it is okay to be "anti" on and which ones are never wrong-regardless. It would sure help. I support the trooper, she had a tough call-she sided on enforcing the law. How can that be bad, isn't that what Tax Dollars are paying her for? We have judges to sort things out, this is how America works, if the cops were to decide for us, we could just do away with courts-kind of like in the old USSR (not that long ago).
I still think IF the news reports are correct, it looks like this guy was about to put in a 21 hour day, with the last 8+ being a cop, very little sleep-badge-gun etc. I'm guessing that some older, wiser, more experienced cops on the force came up with the maximum work hours for a reason-experience. It looks like some of you saying that the rules and regs of the Miami PD are stupid, made up by idiots, and shouldn't be followed. I hope not, that would be even worse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the NBC, Miami, report is true, then the rules and regualtions of his own department "don't apply" to him. When guys drive as if the laws don't apply, then we find out [if], he doesn't believe the rules and regs of his own dept apply, we just support the Trooper that much more.
Those of you attacking the Trooper are "selective anti-LEO". I wish someone would publish the list of those LE organizations it is okay to be "anti" on and which ones are never wrong-regardless. It would sure help. I support the trooper, she had a tough call-she sided on enforcing the law. How can that be bad, isn't that what Tax Dollars are paying her for? We have judges to sort things out, this is how America works, if the cops were to decide for us, we could just do away with courts-kind of like in the old USSR (not that long ago).
I still think IF the news reports are correct, it looks like this guy was about to put in a 21 hour day, with the last 8+ being a cop, very little sleep-badge-gun etc. I'm guessing that some older, wiser, more experienced cops on the force came up with the maximum work hours for a reason-experience. It looks like some of you saying that the rules and regs of the Miami PD are stupid, made up by idiots, and shouldn't be followed. I hope not, that would be even worse. </div></div>

For some reason there are those in L.E. that believe they are above the law and deserve special treatment.

They give the other people in L.E. a bad name by their actions, the Miami police officer is a disgrace and should be fired, he put peoples lives in danger the day he was pulled over by the trooper and apparently he has driven this way before, works longer hours than is authorized and in general doesn't think rules or laws apply to him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgbill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paw print</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Miami cop's lawyer, says his client did not do much wrong, no real evidence of him going over 100MPH, etc. If this holds up, I guess the same excuse should apply to all other people. </div></div>

Yeah, sure.

--Fargo007 </div></div>

The Miami police officer was treated far better than anyone else would have been, everyone is supposed to follow the laws, just because he has a badge does not mean he should be given special treatment.

I think the FHP Trooper did a good job except she did not haul him to jail like she would have if it was an non l.e.o. </div></div>

No, not really.

More Monday Morning Quarterbacking. We already know the conclusion, so we can back up and use that to justify actions on the front end of the incident.

With your logic, I can pull anyone out of the car I want, at any time and search them for drugs. As long as I find something, I'm justified because hey - the drugs were there. With MMQB, I can bring the drugs backward in time to justify the entire search flawlessly.

I appreciate that many won't understand this, or are too focused on seeing the MDPD officer lynched, but a principal reason he is not going to be pursued criminally is likely that she boogered up the case so bad legally.

She created a custodial interrogation by pointing a gun in his face and handcuffing him. This is not only Miranda territory, it's easily picked apart as a bad interrogation by a first year law student.

Ask yourself this: "If it was anyone else, would statements made under those conditions be thrown out?"

Of course they would. You can't use statements made under those conditions against someone outside Miranda. This would have been an embarrassing, leaky bag of shit for any prosecutor to put on the docket. Had this been handled the way I and Dagsta suggested, there would be a case, he would have missed his overtime detail, and an internal investigation would have started right there on the side of the road.

The real question is, does he deserve <span style="font-weight: bold">LESS</span> protection from the constitution than YOU do?

Your statements certainly make me believe that, and I am glad that the constitution doesn't think so.

The constitution works both ways, to include vigorously protecting people we don't much like.

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I appreciate that many won't understand this, or are too focused on seeing the MDPD officer lynched, but <span style="color: #FF0000">a principal reason he is not going to be pursued criminally is likely that she boogered up the case so bad legally.

She created a custodial interrogation by pointing a gun in his face and handcuffing him. This is not only Miranda territory, it's easily picked apart as a bad interrogation by a first year law student.

Ask yourself this: "If it was anyone else, would statements made under those conditions be thrown out?"

Of course they would. You can't use statements made under those conditions against someone outside Miranda. This would have been an embarrassing, leaky bag of shit for any prosecutor to put on the docket. Had this been handled the way I and Dagsta suggested, there would be a case, he would have missed his overtime detail, and an internal investigation would have started right there on the side of the road. </span>

The real question is, does he deserve <span style="font-weight: bold">LESS</span> protection from the constitution than YOU do?

Your statements certainly make me believe that, and I am glad that the constitution doesn't think so.

The constitution works both ways, to include vigorously protecting people we don't much like.

--Fargo007

</div></div>

Guys, this is it in a nut shell. What Fargo is saying is actually what we WANT to have happen. When rights are not observed, when due process is ignored, there is no basis for prosecution. The fact that a law-breaker gets off with less than what he deserves sucks, but it also means we're protected from false arrest, evidence and prosecution.

I think that she did a good job but a little too excessive per se. One thing that comes to mind here in good ol Bama, two city,acounty and a state trooper once got me at the ripe ol age of 14 in my 1972 Chevelle for all kinds of offenses(alluding,reckless driving,endangerment to my passenger.......)the list goes on. Anyway my saving grace was knowing the county but the trooper wanted to arrest me for the speed (135 in a 45) His statement was that he could arrest for any speed in excess of 80MPH. Now this may have changed here since then but I am wondering if Florida is the same? I got out most of the offenses but couldn't get my DL (per the judge) until I turned 18. Man those were the good ol days!!!!!!

I have forced myself not to read this thread and finally gave in.
Short Story: I live in a very small farming community in Western Va. A few years ago talk of a State Police Cruiser flying down our small 4 lane highway at extreme speeds, at the same time nearly every day, with lights off, was growing at most gatherings. I happened to travel this route on my way from work in the opposite lane and witnessed the event more than once. Also while I did not see it, I was told more than once that officers of lesser departments with jurisdiction on this highway were aware of this action and and had even witnessed it. One day,
on my way home, I am held up by a Huge wreck at a small intersection just over the crest of a hill, on the oncoming traffics downhill side. You guessed it, the new, off duty State Trooper T boned a car in excess of 100mph. Thing is it was a young Mother With a brand new Baby. I can promise that the Baby and her Dad wishes that some other officer had stopped this practice before it stopped itself.
Who is right or wrong is above my pay grade but all the other cars in the video are the victims of the actions.
At least another tragedy was prevented.

These are things I do KNOW first and.

the problem is evident in the act that the police break the law with little fear of their fellow officers doing any thing about it due to peer pressure-that's why the case being talked about makes this female officer 1st class

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the problem is evident in the act that the police break the law with little fear of their fellow officers doing any thing about it due to peer pressure-that's<span style="color: #FF0000"> why the case being talked about makes this female officer 1st class</span> </div></div>

It actually doesn't. Maybe second class because according to Fargo007, if she'd done the arrest properly then he'd have been prosecuted properly. She F'ed up!

Peer pressure and closing of the ranks happens in every organization - church, scouts, army, cops.

"Peer Pressure" is other kids who smoke dope convincing you to do the same.

"Professional Courtesy" is discretionary consideration given to a colleague.

EH is correct that this takes place in all walks of life.

Many do not realize the triple jeopardy that an LEO is under. You can be charged criminally, you can incur departmental charges (tragic financial loss or even loss of employment), and you can be charged additionally under federal "civil rights" violations.

LEO's are the only ones who can be attacked this way, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">three separate times for the same thing</span></span>. Being tough enough to beat the system isn't enough. You have to also be <span style="font-weight: bold">SMART</span> enough to outlast it.

Everyone wants the police officer they encounter to act professionally, even if they themselves are not.

If you think getting a gun stuck in your face and getting handcuffed without the due process afforded by the constitution is "professional courtesy," then no thanks, I don't want any.

Had this been handled as previously suggested, at 10,000' instead of in the weeds, the outcome might have been different.

I celebrate that he was actually stopped, and that he's going to get a big ass kicking for what he did. Yeah, she caught him, but could have done it a lot smarter.

But I want the SAME constitutional protections that you get, for any LEO accused of anything. And that is a legitimate request.

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

LEO's are the only ones who can be attacked this way, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">three separate times for the same thing</span></span>.
</div></div>

Attacked?
How is having work rules, Federal laws, and State laws applied to them, coincidentally, construed as being "attacked"?

Let's say I work at a bank, but I decide to rob a bank on my day off.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get <span style="font-style: italic">attacked</span> on at least three different fronts... or would the other bakers extend to me some of their professional courtesy and let it go?

Bakers?

You completely miss the point.

Yes, attacked. When you can be accused under three different standards at the same or different times for something, and undergo severe financial sanctions without being indicted, tried, or found guilty by a jury of your peers, that's the correct word for it.

Add to your presupposition this:

"Innocent until proven guilty."

Unless you just don't favor the constitution, except in selected circumstances of your own choosing.

Much to your discontent, it applies to police officers too.

--Fargo007

Yes, attacked. When you can be accused under three different standards at the same or different times for something, and undergo severe financial sanctions without being indicted, tried, or found guilty by a jury of your peers, that's the correct word for it.
</div></div>

So the daycare worker accused of getting touchy-feely with the kids is suspended with pay pending an investigation, or just allowed to keep working until the trial?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

So the daycare worker accused of getting touchy-feely with the kids is suspended with pay pending an investigation, or just allowed to keep working until the trial? </div></div>

WITH pay?

LMAO - you're just being silly now.

--Fargo007

LMAO - you're just being silly now.

--Fargo007 </div></div>

It's what happens when they can't offer a sound rebuttal to an opposing point of view. They start to harp on semantics and word play.

Pathetic really.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Peer Pressure" is other kids who smoke dope convincing you to do the same.

"Professional Courtesy" is discretionary consideration given to a colleague.

EH is correct that this takes place in all walks of life.

Many do not realize the triple jeopardy that an LEO is under. You can be charged criminally, you can incur departmental charges (tragic financial loss or even loss of employment), and you can be charged additionally under federal "civil rights" violations.

LEO's are the only ones who can be attacked this way, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">three separate times for the same thing</span></span>. Being tough enough to beat the system isn't enough. You have to also be <span style="font-weight: bold">SMART</span> enough to outlast it.

Everyone wants the police officer they encounter to act professionally, even if they themselves are not.

If you think getting a gun stuck in your face and getting handcuffed without the due process afforded by the constitution is "professional courtesy," then no thanks, I don't want any.

Had this been handled as previously suggested, at 10,000' instead of in the weeds, the outcome might have been different.

I celebrate that he was actually stopped, and that he's going to get a big ass kicking for what he did. Yeah, she caught him, but could have done it a lot smarter.

But I want the SAME constitutional protections that you get, for any LEO accused of anything. And that is a legitimate request.

--Fargo007
</div></div>

I have seen quite a few dashcam video and I have neever seen someone flee and elude the way this miami police officer did and not go to jail and I have never heard of someoen getting mirandized before a gun was stuck in their face or they were handcuffed.

You make it sound like the cop's rights were violated because he was treated like a criminal.

Are you saying his rights were viloated because he wasn't read his rights before she pointed a gun at him and cuffed him?

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">I have seen quite a few dashcam video</span></span> and I have neever seen someone flee and elude the way this miami police officer did and not go to jail and I have never heard of someoen getting mirandized before a gun was stuck in their face or they were handcuffed.

You make it sound like the cop's rights were violated because he was treated like a criminal.

Are you saying his rights were viloated because he wasn't read his rights before she pointed a gun at him and cuffed him? </div></div>

Nuff said! Right about there is where you lose all creditability. That statement is the equivalent of somebody giving their expert opinion on some weapon system that they used in Call of Duty 3.