• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Food riots thread…and energy.

Last week House Speaker Kevin McCarthy released a proposed debt limit bill that he says would “responsibly raise the debt limit into next year.”

The “Limit, Save, Grow Act of 2023” takes aim at many areas of spending, including the Inflation Reduction Act signed into law by President Biden in 2022. This bill has been hailed as the largest ever investment into combating climate change.

McCarthy’s proposal — which can be read in full here — contains a section called “Repeal Market Distorting Green Tax Credits”, as identified in the following screen capture from the proposed bill:

"It's Just Business"

I have yet to understand the "Go Green" Movement of EV's, battery powered homes, airplanes and machines of war.....
It does not add up, the numbers don't jibe. The industry is not progressing at it's own pace. Billions of USD's are being dumped into the Go Green while the rest of the infrastructure collapses.
It appears that Exxon and Guyana agree with what I am saying.

"It's Just Business"

I have yet to understand the "Go Green" Movement of EV's, battery powered homes, airplanes and machines of war.....
It does not add up, the numbers don't jibe. The industry is not progressing at it's own pace. Billions of USD's are being dumped into the Go Green while the rest of the infrastructure collapses.

Your failure to understand is based on the assumption of 1) capitalistic principles of success of R&D, profit,and increased living standards and 2) thinking that they want green energy to actually succeed. Its intended to cause a massive crash of first world countries/reverse living standards to facilitate their Fourth Industrial Revolution and Great Reset.

Last edited:
"It's Just Business"

It’s part of the propaganda push supporting the great reset.

Keep in mind “ these bank collapses are not a bug but a feature”

- Jerome Powell.
The more Jerome talks, the more I plant.
IMG_9026.JPG

• The importance of natural gas for global energy markets has become increasingly clear in the last year, and those countries with large reserves stand to benefit.
  • Unfortunately for the West, the two countries with the largest reserves of natural gas are Iran and Russia.
  • Due to the geopolitical isolation of Russia and Iran, the role of Qatar, Turkmenistan, and the United States in producing natural gas will be increasingly important in years to come
Think "winter / cold" and the last country to offer a warm home to it's people.

Mother Fucker complacency got me. The chicken coop on our ranch has been penetrated by the enemy. Lost all, but one hen. So far I have killed 1 opossum and 2 trash pandas in the last three days. I believe there is more to be dispatched. I got injured on a business trip and haven't been able to secure the coop. I have been setting live traps up in the coop and plan on doing so until I can actually work on the coop and fortify it. Once the coop is secured I will get more chickens.
IMG_1659.jpg
IMG_1660.jpg

Last edited:
Mother Fucker complacency got me. The chicken coop on our ranch has been penetrated by the enemy. Lost all, but one hen. So far I have killed 1 opossum and 2 trash pandas in the last three days. I believe there is more to be dispatched. I got injured on a business trip and haven't been able to secure the coop. I have been setting live traps up in the coop and plan on doing so until I can actually work on the coop and fortify it. Once the coop is secured I will get more chickens.
I feel your pain. A new fox moved in over the winter. Pictured with one of my neighbor's chickens.
IMG_9086.JPG

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Well I trapped another one. However, the trash panda was able to escape the live trap. Must have thrashed like crazy once it realized it was trapped. I'll set up a different live trap today and will secure it so the trash panda can't get out.

We don't get much issue from anything but big black snakes. Occasionally a yote tries it but I have a half Arabian/QH that is one hell of a canine smasher. She keeps the four leggeds out.

Double talk and Snake Oil.

ROME, May 5 (Reuters) - The United Nations food agency's world price index rose in April for the first time in a year, but is still some 20% down on a record high hit in March 2022 following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
The Food and Agriculture Organization's (FAO) price index, which tracks the most globally traded food commodities, averaged 127.2 points last month against 126.5 for March, the agency said on Friday. The March reading was originally given as 126.9.
The Rome-based agency said the April rise reflected higher prices for sugar, meat and rice, which offset declines in the cereals, dairy and vegetable oil price indices.
"As economies recover from significant slowdowns, demand will increase, exerting upward pressure on food prices," said FAO Chief Economist Maximo Torero.

• Sad
Reactions: babyguppy
Does anybody else feel like the produce section at their local grocery store has gone to shit lately? My local Safeway has had a terrible produce section for a long time but it seems extra crappy these days. It makes me wonder if food shipments are getting re-routed to the border.

Reactions: IronSkillet
Does anybody else feel like the produce section at their local grocery store has gone to shit lately? My local Safeway has had a terrible produce section for a long time but it seems extra crappy these days. It makes me wonder if food shipments are getting re-routed to the border.
There are many different perspectives on "food".
Across the board, food is not as good / healthy as it was in the past.
The average American consumer is oblivious to the quality of the food their family is consuming.
Back in the 50's and 60's "Government Inspectors" actually did their job of inspecting meat, produce and components that went into food.
Today a consumer has no idea of where food components originated, what processes and chemicals were used to treat fruit and vegetables.
Cheaper components such as cotton seed oil are substituted for higher quality oils like peanut oil.
As long as consumers are paying good money for this crap, it will continue to show up in the grocery store.
One of the largest purchasers of "food" is the US Government. It is doled out in different programs, across the globe.
Take a moment to look at the health of America's young people. Colon cancer and digestive issues are at record high's.

INTRODUCTION

Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer and the third most common cause of cancer-related death in both men and women in the United States. However, it ranks second in cancer-related deaths overall and is the leading cause in men younger than 50 years. More than one half of all cases and deaths are attributable to modifiable risk factors, such as smoking, an unhealthy diet, high alcohol consumption, physical inactivity, and excess body weight.1 In addition, a large proportion of CRC incidence and mortality is preventable through the receipt of regular screening, surveillance, and high-quality treatment.2 In this article, we provide a comprehensive overview of current CRC statistics in the United States, including the estimated numbers of new cases and deaths in 2023 by age and incidence, survival, and mortality rates and trends by age, race, and ethnicity based on incidence data through 2019 and mortality data through 2020. CRC screening prevalence for adults aged 45 years and older is also presented nationally for 2021 and by state for 2020.

I have 2 "gardens", a small one that I started several years ago and a large one started a year ago. They have been an education. I get out early, now that the weather is warming up. I do my early morning pondering while chopping weeds and maintaining the gardens.
My thoughts this morning were with all of the young people in the Agriculture programs at the many different universities. My gardens depend on me 100% in order to thrive. I bought the land, prep the soil, purchase seeds, plant seeds, water, chop weeds, string hot wire to keep the deer out and, God willing, harvest the produce.

I have witnessed and interacted with the Ag programs both at LSU as well as here in Montana. A very general observation... The programs teach young people to become more and more dependent on the Government. I'm sure there are a few programs that teach independence in farming or food production (sustainability). But, from the "get go" a kid in high school works towards a "Scholarship" to get through an AG program. The dependence on the Government starts there. They go through classes taught by professor's who never raised a garden. They spend time at the Experimental Agricultural Stations. I have been to those stations. Without some big Government grants they would not exist. I read the news letters from some of those Stations. The # 1 goal is how to 'Write a Government Grant" request. That keeps the Station funded. Those kids become dependent on the Government furnishing land, water, seeds, transportation and all of the other consumables involved in order to produce a crop. My question is "Are they taught any independence" ?

In 2021, the federal government provided farms with $28.5 billion in subsidies, or direct farm program payments.Feb 24, 2023

Reactions: 101st and 91Eunozs
The tail wagging the dog.

Several countries, including the Netherlands, Chile, and New Zealand, are calling on the G7 to lead by example and take the lead in phasing out fossil fuels, according to a letter sent to the group of the world’s most industrialized nations, which Reuters has seen.
“We must bring the fossil fuel era to an end and phase out fossil fuels,” the Netherlands, Chile, New Zealand, the Marshall Islands, Palau, Saint Lucia, and Vanuatu wrote in the letter.

America is raising a generation of farmers who are dependent on the "Government".

Nationally, winter-wheat farmers plan to abandon 33% of the acres they planted, the highest percentage since World War I, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in a May 12 report.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
America is raising a generation of farmers who are dependent on the "Government".

Nationally, winter-wheat farmers plan to abandon 33% of the acres they planted, the highest percentage since World War I, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said in a May 12 report.

it doesn't pay to plant. The gov reaps what it sows

"It's Just Business"

It's redistribution of wealth and power, AWAY from the USA. Simple as that.

Groveland, Fla. — Orange lovers across the country should expect a sour surprise at the grocery store. Orange prices are now going up after the latest agriculture report reveals Florida farmers recorded the lowest orange crop in 90 years. The aftermath of back-to-back hurricanes in 2022, coupled with the devastating impact of citrus greening disease, has left farmers with record low profits.

• Sad
Reactions: babyguppy
Well I trapped another one. However, the trash panda was able to escape the live trap. Must have thrashed like crazy once it realized it was trapped. I'll set up a different live trap today and will secure it so the trash panda can't get out.

Don't feel bad - I had one that outsmarted my traps and lived well on fresh strawberries and tuna fish for 3 weeks - until someone on my street finally ran it over! BTW - be careful handling any trash panda scat (mine found a home on my patio - which is why I was doing the trap). The tapeworms of trash pandas can be fatal to humans.

I have discovered that some chains send the best stuff to their "good" neighborhoods (if you are in a metroplex). The produce in my store has been excellent but pricey.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I have discovered that some chains send the best stuff to their "good" neighborhoods (if you are in a metroplex). The produce in my store has been excellent but pricey.
I have seen the same. The best produce tends to go to the best neighborhoods. I can go to a better neighborhood and find everything but cannot go into the same store in a smaller town or lower income neighborhood and find the same stuff. Realistically, if the volume is in the higher end stores why would it be sent to the others? I mean, that’s where the money is.

For example the Kroger right near my house in a more upscale family neighborhood in a nice safe city has probably the best produce section of any store around.

Meanwhile the Kroger in the same city but in the worse part of town has practically scraps for produce and the one near my work has probably the discards from other stores in their "produce" section.

Sustainability has evolved into a big business . Don't take my comments as a criticism to an American Farmer. They are being systematically eliminated. Read some old history books (Not what is being posted to Tic Tok).... Perhaps a topic for a different thread. I have previously commented to how young people are being groomed to become a "Government Farmer". The article below is an example. I'll step out on a limb here.... The term "Farmer" has evolved into a different form of propaganda. We are seeing the day where there are no new "Farmers"... It has been an evolution, right before our very eyes. America is now creating employees for the Mega Agriculture industry. Control the food and control the world. Leading off are two "warm and fuzzy" words.... Sustainability and farmer. Neither is the case. Note the USD amounts..... $13.6 million, $95 million. Those funds could purchase a few farms for someone wanting to be a "Farmer" and not an employee. This is just a drop in the bucket compared to the Billions of tax payer funds earmarked as Sustainability.

Sustainability​

Farmers adopting cover crops through Farmers for Soil Health can look forward to enhanced technical assistance. The recent $13.6 million grants from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation mark a significant step forward for farmers who plan to enroll in the program later this year. The grants, a key component of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s $95 million Partnership for Climate-Smart Commodities, will offer personal, on-the-ground technical support to farmers in 19 states.
Farmers for Soil Health is a collaboration between the National Corn Growers Association, National Pork Board and United Soybean Board with the goal to advance conservation practices to improve soil health across the U.S., including doubling cover crop acres in the U.S. to 30 million acres by 2030.

• Wow
Reactions: UKDslayer
"It's a bit scary isn't it after only two weeks to see those results."
Aimee, 24, has spent two weeks on an ultra-processed diet as part of a test carried out by scientists from King's College London for BBC Panorama.
Her identical twin, Nancy, was also on a diet containing exactly the same amount of calories, nutrients, fat, sugar and fibre - but she was consuming raw or low-processed foods.
Aimee gained nearly a kilo in weight - Nancy lost weight. Aimee's blood sugar levels also worsened and her blood fat levels - lipids - went up.

Reactions: NoDopes

Oddly, the Wholefoods in my suburb of Chicago has the worst produce of any grocery I’ve shopped at for probably all my life; it’s ridiculous. The Jewel is a little better, but the jackpot is the Hispanic grocery about 15 min north of me, which is technically inside the boundaries of the city of Chicago; I’m outside. That Hispanic grocery has the best produce around and lots of it; they put Wholefoods to shame. It’s almost like when it no longer meets their standards, they pull it and sell it to Wholefoods. Their organic section is huge.

Oddly, the Wholefoods in my suburb of Chicago has the worst produce of any grocery I’ve shopped at for probably all my life; it’s ridiculous. The Jewel is a little better, but the jackpot is the Hispanic grocery about 15 min north of me, which is technically inside the boundaries of the city of Chicago; I’m outside. That Hispanic grocery has the best produce around and lots of it; they put Wholefoods to shame. It’s almost like when it no longer meets their standards, they pull it and sell it to Wholefoods. Their organic section is huge.
Your observation is correct. I worked all over America. Ate food cooked on sight. Everything from the Cajuns in Louisiana to the Mexican's in SoCal, to the Island Boy's (Jerk Chicken and Pigeon Peas) cooked up on site.... When I landed on a job I got friendly with the locals on food, work clothes, rooms to rent or RV parks. The locals shop where their repeat business is the key to a successful business.

side note - McDonalds Hot n Spicy (used to be 1.00) are now 2 for 5.00. 2.00 to 5.00 ... only 4% inflation the Gov tells me:rolleyes:.....
my math teacher taught me.... (Final - Beg)/beg = 150%

these mergers are NOT good for Joe Amercian
The Deep State is targeting the small organic produce farmers .... More paper work and hoops to jump through than they can afford. For each field hand working there there is a "white collar" person involved in their business (CPA, County Agents, EPA,. local zoning, the list is loooooooooong)... They can't compete with produce brought in from foreign countries.

The last tree.jpg

Well it’s helps to be prepared. North Texas got hit last night with some brutal storms and the power has been out since 10:00pm last night. Got the generator working on the fridges and the freezers. No update on when power will be back on.

Next thing is to invest in a large LP gas generator system that can run the air conditioning. Sweating my balls off inside the house. Just as hot outside so does really matter where I’m at. At least I have internet.

Last edited:
Cargill is hardly a household name among consumers — even though it’s the largest privately held company in the U.S., with $165 billion in revenue in its fiscal year 2022. The 158-year-old Minneapolis-based agribusiness giant produces a slew of branded and private-label meats and food ingredients and offers a wide range of agriculture-related products and services.
In the last few years, flying somewhat under the public radar, Cargill has also become a formidable player in the plant-based meat industry, which has come back down to Earth after its meteoric rise about a decade ago, when venture-capital-backed disruptors Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods came on like gangbusters. Traditional meat companies, including Tyson Foods, Hormel Foods
and Chinese-owned Smithfield Foods, jumped on the bandwagon, and the marketplace was soon flooded with faux beef, chicken and sausage.
Strategically, Cargill joined later in the game, and is now positioning itself to win the food fight that its competitors started.