• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 1 efile wait times?

I started my form 1 online last week. It took several attempts to finalize everything on the website because it kept shutting down. I finally got it all done and now it's sitting in the 'pending research' which I'm told could take 5 weeks.

• Sad
Reactions: Beseekersap
I filed a form 1 for an SBR on 8/17 and just did an ask the experts email to see if I was held up for any reason. They said I was in delay for FBI background check.

Does anybody have an idea on how long those are usually held up for?

Last edited:
I filed a form 1 for an SBR on 8/17 and just did an ask the experts email to see if I was held up for any reason. They said I was in delay for FBI background check.

Does anybody have an idea on how long those are usually held up for?
Last search I performed, yeilded an approximate 100 day backlog. Or roughly 4 month approvals for people

Reactions: Dryan910
First time applicant. I chose new model with my model number. Prolly should have chosen one from the menu after reading this post.
Questions:
1 - Since I did it this way it looks like I will not receive the cover letter email until they investigate, correct?
2 - How long does this typically take?

First time applicant. I chose new model with my model number. Prolly should have chosen one from the menu after reading this post.
Questions:
1 - Since I did it this way it looks like I will not receive the cover letter email until they investigate, correct?
2 - How long does this typically take?

I am at 7 weeks now, good luck sir.

Mine was filed in May... still "Pending". I was told average wait time is 7 months on the call.

Received my approval email and stamp today....exactly 2 months to the day (61 days total) from start to finish.

My form 1 took about a month to “research” and a couple weeks to get approved so about 5-6 weeks total.

A follow-up - just got an email this morning saying that one of my applications moved to "APPROVED". That's 27 days from e-file to stamp. The three others are still stuck in "Pending Research" purgatory 😞

I'm now at 45 days "Pending research" on those three applications.

Still haven't had time to punch holes in the one that did get approved :LOL:

Anyone have a phone number to call and see why your form 1 was disapproved? I emailed the "ask the experts" and haven't gotten a reply. I would like to know what I did wrong so that I can remedy the situation.

Anyone have a phone number to call and see why your form 1 was disapproved? I emailed the "ask the experts" and haven't gotten a reply. I would like to know what I did wrong so that I can remedy the situation.
(304) 616-4500. You need your control number and serial number handy before calling.

Last edited:
Bevo, Thanks for the answer. I had called that number and they said I needed to "ask the experts". Just trying to see if there was another way. Maybe they'll get in touch with me tomorrow.

Man I am glad it did not take as long as you guys are saying.

Submitted my form 1's on 9-18-20
Sent cover letter 9-20-20
Approved 10-9-20

So around 21 days

2 sbr
5 suppressors
Wow bam! Acquaintance up north just did 2 was like your experience can't recall exact number of days but it was under 20 total from receipt of cover letter to approved. These form 1's are so great he went from 'i'm gonna finally do a can' to having approval in under a month. I was 28 days on 1st one where I selected a custom model number. 2nd F1 I used a model number in the list already used and was 16 days. There may be something to that notation where 'further research' has to be done if selecting a model number not listed already. The 22 can is hilarious way too much fun....now if I can just find a way to quiet down that loud firing pin!

Last edited:
Hey gents, I have 2 eForm 1's (individual) that are in "delay status"
8-5-20 submitted
8-10-20 finger prints delivered to ATF

Still not approved! I'm going on 72 days, when I emailed Patricia.L.[email protected] she told me they are in "delay status", she told me that means they are waiting on FBI background check. Does anyone know what I can do the get some movement on these? I tried the "Ask the Experts" a couple times and they've never responded to me.

My buddy submitted his the same day and was cleared in 18 days.

Reactions: RanJam
Hey gents, I have 2 eForm 1's (individual) that are in "delay status"
8-5-20 submitted
8-10-20 finger prints delivered to ATF

Still not approved! I'm going on 72 days, when I emailed Patricia.L.[email protected] she told me they are in "delay status", she told me that means they are waiting on FBI background check. Does anyone know what I can do the get some movement on these? I tried the "Ask the Experts" a couple times and they've never responded to me.

My buddy submitted his the same day and was cleared in 18 days.
I have one submitted through a trust on 8/25, no cover sheet or anything as of yet, shows submitted/in process, the only thing I was told is they are 5 weeks behind on pending further research where mine is still at now.

I’m about to file for mine but is it ok to purchase components but not drill through before receipt of tax stamp?

HOLY PISS. I've been trying to get a pair of Form 1's submitted online for SBR's for at least a week.
Between lags, restarts, log-outs and failed uploads...this site is a JOKE. :censored:(n)

HOLY PISS. I've been trying to get a pair of Form 1's submitted online for SBR's for at least a week.
Between lags, restarts, log-outs and failed uploads...this site is a JOKE. :censored:(n)

Filed mine 8/25 after several attempts, just got my cover letter 10/20, it is a total mess right now.

Just efiled yesterday for the first time for a supressor. got an email about payment instantly. got another email in a few hours with my cover letter. prints sent off yesterday priority mail should get there friday. hopefully this goes smooth, i waited 7 months on a form 4 through silencer shop it seemed like agony. good luck to all.

Just efiled yesterday for the first time for a supressor. got an email about payment instantly. got another email in a few hours with my cover letter. prints sent off yesterday priority mail should get there friday. hopefully this goes smooth, i waited 7 months on a form 4 through silencer shop it seemed like agony. good luck to all.

I wonder if mine is dragging because it's an SBR on a Trust.
Still haven't gotten a cover letter. Just an email showing "DRAFT" on the Form1 copy

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to PENDING RESEARCH

Permit/Control No:
Your Reference No:
Submission Date: 2020-10-22-04:00
Form ID: ATF Form 1 (5320.1) - Application to Make and Register a Firearm

check it on a computer not a phone and check your spam or junk mail i have read somewhere

I wonder if mine is dragging because it's an SBR on a Trust.
Still haven't gotten a cover letter. Just an email showing "DRAFT" on the Form1 copy
did you choose your own model designation? That will put you in pending research, and its allegedly about a 5-7 week wait until you go submitted/in process

did you choose your own model designation? That will put you in pending research, and its allegedly about a 5-7 week wait until you go submitted/in process
I did indeed, as neither one was an available model. I guess someone else in the future will get to use my addition to the man.

I did indeed, as neither one was an available model. I guess someone else in the future will get to use my addition to the man.
The list is stupid long, with some very random model names. Best of luck to you. I have 2 trapped in FBI purgatory, at about 138 days

According to this link, Pending Research is currently a 90-day lead time:

I still haven't received cover letters for three Form 1s that were submitted on 8/28.

Is this site and process legit?

Anyone habe any experience with this 24 month exemption of reloading trust to smooth things up?

Tomorrow is 11 weeks. No change in status for 6 weeks. Two e-filed form 1 suppressors entered/paid on same day. Verified fingerprint cards on file, status still pending....

Last edited:
E-filed my Trust Form 1 & sent my fingerprints the same day on 06/26/20 @ 8:30 am & next day USPS my prints to the FBI, or whoever, at the location it says to send them. Mrs. Bartle states that the prints didn't come in until 7/14. On 10/2 I reached out & she tells me that the Prints weren't submitted untill 7/23. Then states that the NICS is overloaded & people are being taken to online NICS from NFA background check dept, & that they are at 6/04 received dates on 10/02/20. Again reached out to her on 11/07 & she says that they are only at 6/12 dates received right now. This is ridiculous seeing all of these approvals so quick for forms filed months after mine, & I get this answer.

I think they got overwhelmed with form 1's and all other sales/checks

I know of another person local to me that got there form 1 in about 3 weeks after mine and it's all the same shit you guys are mentioning

I got mine back in 30 days, submitted 06 June and approved 05 july

Just efiled for my first time for a suppressor for my 300BLK. The site was finicky as hell, kept crashing, but I was finally able to get it finished. We'll see how long it takes.

As an individual, do they want two fingerprint cards? How long does it take to get the follow up email with further instructions? I'm under the impression that I only have ten days to submit the prints, which I can do tomorrow.

ETA: never mind on my question, the email with the cover letter came. I'll be sending my prints tomorrow.

Last edited:
So... received 4 of 6 F1's back today from my ***JUNE 5*** F1 filings! 3 Silencers, 1 SBR.

5 MONTHS! ATF was not the problem. Patricia at ATF was AWESOME the entire time. She said it was all FBI wait times, and somehow whatever queue I was put it was super-slow moving. They just got to June checks this week. At least that's what they told her -- or I'm a POI. I can be an interesting person at times. Just not THAT interesting.

Still waiting on 1 SBR and 1 Silencer.

ETA: Received the last 2 F1’s the next business day (the following Monday). I now have 5x F1 suppressors and 2x SBRs. Still waiting for my 3x F4 TBAC Ultra 9’s. Purchased from MH in early June. Delivered to my local LGS a few days later. That particular LGS is know for horrendous service (unknown to me at the time), so it was two FULL months between me filing out the Silencer Shop kiosk and them submitting my forms (derp), so ATF check cash notice didn’t hit until August 12.:mad:

Found a new, much closer SOT with mad smitty skills.

Last edited:
...She said it was all FBI wait times, and somehow whatever queue I was put it was super-slow moving....

Damn. I hope that doesn't go that direction for me. I was delayed for two different rifle purchases back in the summer and both checks 'timed out' with the dealer so the transaction never proceeded. Last week I tried again and my NICS went through with a PROCEED in about 15 minutes. I guess I'll just hurry up and wait.

Reactions: TheHorta
Submitted on 7/6 for an SBR. I contacted Patricia per someone's advise a couple days ago and was told the agents running background checks for NFA items have been repurposed to run NICS checks for firearm sales. As of right now, there's no word on when things will return to normal. This is my first Form1 and was really excited about the 30 day wait time when I first submitted. For everyone that submitted after me and received yours the same month, you have my envy. LOL. I have a second Form 1 to submit and I'm debating on going through with it or waiting a little bit. I'll more than likely go ahead and submit though to start the waiting game.

So... received 4 of 6 F1's back today from my ***JUNE 5*** F1 filings! 3 Silencers, 1 SBR.

5 MONTHS! ATF was not the problem. Patricia at ATF was AWESOME the entire time. She said it was all FBI wait times, and somehow whatever queue I was put it was super-slow moving. They just got to June checks this week. At least that's what they told her -- or I'm a POI. I can be an interesting person at times. Just not THAT interesting.

Still waiting on 1 SBR and 1 Silencer.

If they're just getting to June, that gives me some hope since I filed July 6th.

Reactions: TheHorta
Quick question some of you may know the answer to. I've filed a Form 4 for a suppressor through SS this week using their kiosk for fingerprints. I want to file a form 1 and build an SBR.

- Do I need to submit a second set of fingerprints for the Form 1 or will they already have them on file?
-And if the Form 4 fingerprints will work, how long should I wait to file the Form 1 to make sure my fingerprints are in the database?

Quick question some of you may know the answer to. I've filed a Form 4 for a suppressor through SS this week using their kiosk for fingerprints. I want to file a form 1 and build an SBR.

- Do I need to submit a second set of fingerprints for the Form 1 or will they already have them on file?
-And if the Form 4 fingerprints will work, how long should I wait to file the Form 1 to make sure my fingerprints are in the database?
SS keeps your prints in their system for a year. Are you doing the SBR through them or e-file on your own? If with SS then yes the same prints for your Form 4 can be used within a calendar year. If you do an e-file then no that is a separate ball game and you have to do a second set. I did my Form 4 years ago with kiosk sweet setup. Inquired about a Form 1 with them after a year that's how I found out about the expiration date on prints, but things change so I'd recommend calling SS if you are doing your SBR through them. Too much time involved in these forms to hope or guess!

SS keeps your prints in their system for a year. Are you doing the SBR through them or e-file on your own? If with SS then yes the same prints for your Form 4 can be used within a calendar year. If you do an e-file then no that is a separate ball game and you have to do a second set. I did my Form 4 years ago with kiosk sweet setup. Inquired about a Form 1 with them after a year that's how I found out about the expiration date on prints, but things change so I'd recommend calling SS if you are doing your SBR through them. Too much time involved in these forms to hope or guess!

Ok thank you for the reply. I was hopeful prints were kept and could be accessed by processors on the government's end but that would make too much sense. I'll reach out to SS.

I did see SS had a form 1 service but they "purchased" 500 and are sold out. Doesn't make sense as I didn't think the Government was "selling" slots and anyone can apply for form 1 as long as they meet the requirements/background check and pay the tax stamp. So not sure how they're actually sold out of something that isn't technically for sale in the first place. Perhaps the government only allows a company to buy so many, dunno.

Now up to 84 days and counting... I guess it will be sometime next year, maybe. Depends on how things go...

eForm 1 SBR
Trust w/ 1 RP
Submitted - 6/18/20
Prints delivered - 6/22/20
Approved - 11/23/2020

Five months to approve a SBR. I contacted my US Congressmen just over a week ago. I imagine it would still be pending if I hadn't reached out.