• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 1 finally got here!

257speed

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2007
Alb, New Mexico
After almost five months, my form 1 is here. Cut my first baffle yesterday. yee-haw

Here we go so far.
P7260079.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Left</span> is first step, cut step for spacer and then the 60deg cone inside as well as the bore hole.
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Center</span> piece mounted in fixture (for lathe) which allows turning the steps and finishing.
<span style="font-weight: bold"> right</span> Finished and bead blasted baffle

Re: Form 1 finally got here!

Awesome! The latest Form 1 showed up on Saturday for my dad. 17 weeks round trip.

What caliber/size is yours going for? My dad's is going on a 45-70

Looks good , those baffles should be very effecient.

How many you going for and what size spacers you gonna use

Just a tip if you want to go titanium and save yourself some work .Go on Ebay and look for Titanium valves . Nascar drivers use them for one race and then they pull them and sell them on Ebay . Sometimes you can score them for 10 bucks plus shipping . Chuck up the stem to do the work on the shape of your baffle and then drill out the center to the correct caliber .

what metal are you using. by the look of your finished baffle the smallest end looks like it could start peeling away on the edges. Are you going to grind all the sharp edges down before you align them in your tube?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good , those baffles should be very effecient.

How many you going for and what size spacers you gonna use </div></div>

James, the outside tube is some ti tubing I got from you a while back. It will either be 4 baffles on a reflex design or 5 baffles standard (have not decided yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what metal are you using. by the look of your finished baffle the smallest end looks like it could start peeling away on the edges. Are you going to grind all the sharp edges down before you align them in your tube?

</div></div>

The baffles are 304 stainless steel, with 6al4v ti spacers. The smallest end will be trimmed back at the same time that I cut the gas bevel/deflector at the mouth. With the spacers and the way I am cutting them, alignment will not be an issue.