• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Re: Form 4 wait time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: willy7586</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: willy7586</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent my form 4 the 1st of December 2010. Check cleared my bank on December 7th. Was assigned to West on January 10th. Hopefully it will be returned any day now. </div></div>

Picked up my YHM 762 QD today. Happy Day! </div></div>
2011-03-26_20-56-45_758.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: willy7586</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: willy7586</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: willy7586</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent my form 4 the 1st of December 2010. Check cleared my bank on December 7th. Was assigned to West on January 10th. Hopefully it will be returned any day now. </div></div>

</div></div>

2011-03-27_15-01-24_157.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: willy7586</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: willy7586</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: willy7586</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: willy7586</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent my form 4 the 1st of December 2010. Check cleared my bank on December 7th. Was assigned to West on January 10th. Hopefully it will be returned any day now. </div></div>

</div></div>

2011-03-27_15-01-24_157.jpg
</div></div>

Ok i am wanting that same can, how well does it suppress?

on topic note,
sent in forms on dec 31st
pending feb 03
approved march 23
so just over 80 days. just waiting on the form for to hit my dealer so i can pick up my mite

I put the suppressor on my 20" barrel LTR that is 223. It was very quiet. My POI was 5" low and 1" left. On my 700P 308 with a 26" barrel it was noticeably louder and POI was 2" low and 1" right. I was not shooting subsonic ammo, but I am very impressed with the can. More range time to come.

Class 3 transfer - OPS INC 12th model 30cal suppressor
On a trust

Sent in: 1-3-11
Check cashed: 1-9-11
Pending: ?
Approved: 3-24-11
Picked up: 3-29-11

Form 4's on Trust

Ops Inc 15th Model
Purchased 11/06/2010
Forms sent 11/08/2010
Pending 11/30/2010
Approved 03/25/2011

BCM SBR Lower
Purchased 11/20/2010
Forms sent 11/22/2010
Pemding 12/17/2010
Approved 03/25/2011

Examiner Christina Farris

Just got word from the ATF (very nice lady to speak with) that my suppressor was approved and that the paperwork should be arriving in the next week or so.

Great news!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got word from the ATF (very nice lady to speak with) that my suppressor was approved and that the paperwork should be arriving in the next week or so.

Great news! </div></div>

Don't ever try to put a time stamp on when that tax stamp will show up! Sometimes they send them out ASAP sometimes they sit around for 7 or 8 days. Just dependent on the examiner. Just don't want you let down!

Stainless TBAC 30P-1
Check sent: Dec 2010
Check cashed: Jan 10 2011
Pending
Approved 25 Mar 2011
Arrived at Dealer 01 April 2011 (thought it was a April fools joke)
picked up 2 April2011
ATF examiner Sandra Snook

Form 4 on trust

Shark Jaws 338 Ti
Check cashed 11/30/2010
Pending 12/23/2010
Approved 3/30/2011
Arrived at dealer 4/5
Picking up this morning

Examiner: Elizabeth Ann Feltner

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stainless TBAC 30P-1
</div></div>

Stainless?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: msr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stainless TBAC 30P-1
</div></div>

Stainless?</div></div>

thats that new stuff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: msr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stainless TBAC 30P-1
</div></div>

Stainless?</div></div>

thats that new stuff </div></div>

Thought they were Ti?

Hello all,

Not sure how to verify and I have done a cursory search and found nothing. I heard that there was a huge layoff at the NFA branch for the form 4 possibly causing some delays... Again I have not nor do not know how to verify. Has anyone heard of something similar?

I put in my form 4 in January, and is in a pending state since Febuary 3rd.

Hadn't heard of lay-offs, in fact they beefed up the examiners, not that anyone would really notice. However the impending government shutdown will definitely affect wait times, unless they pass the continuing resolution.

Lets hope they can come up with a resolution quickly. The ATF/NFA branch brings in a good bit of money yearly with these tax stamps. It would be quite stupid to stop that income.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ATF/NFA branch brings in a good bit of money yearly with these tax stamps. It would be quite stupid to stop that income. </div></div>

Because it would be stupid is EXACTLY why I think my wait will be much longer on my paperwork I sent in on Tuesday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ATF/NFA branch brings in a good bit of money yearly with these tax stamps. It would be quite stupid to stop that income. </div></div>

Because it would be stupid is EXACTLY why I think my wait will be much longer on my paperwork I sent in on Tuesday. </div></div>

Well you can be the guinea pig and tell us how long it takes you now that we face this... you never know, if might not affect anything at all. They might stay working as usual. Fingers crossed

My last one cleared 13 weeks after they cashed my check. That was 1 month ago. We'll see.

*Sigh* And to think that I was getting excited that it might not be too much longer. I don't know how the ATF is going to be effected. They said the IRS is going to stop processing paper refunds, but that law enforcement agencies will still persist through a shutdown. The question is, is ATF NFA branch still considered law enforcement, and will it stay functioning.

I think that if it shuts down, it's only going to last a day. There'll be mayhem if it lasts too long. Think of all the people that will suddenly essentially be unemployed. If they stop paying the military, that's the real question on what'll happen. How far does a sense of duty go when there's no pay behind it to support your family back home?

All I know is.....i'm going to go and buy ammo.

Branden

You should be getting back to work so fellas can get their stocks, that's what you should do;)!

Bryon at MJM sent my trust and Form 4 and check in two weeks ago and my check still hasn't cleared. What is the usual turn around time for the BATF to cash your check?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should be getting back to work so fellas can get their stocks, that's what you should do;)! </div></div>

It's my birthday, tonight is my only night off for the next 29.5 years. lol.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leatherman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin at MJM sent my trust and Form 4 and check in two weeks ago and my check still hasn't cleared. What is the usual turn around time for the BATF to cash your check? </div></div>

Always been a few days after they receive the envelope for me.

Thanks KYS338,

Thats what I thought too, but it still hasn't cleared, think I will call Bryon at MJM and see if he can get BATF on the phone or email and see whats up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should be getting back to work so fellas can get their stocks, that's what you should do;)! </div></div>

It's my birthday, tonight is my only night off for the next 29.5 years. lol.

Branden </div></div>

Well, Happy Birthday to you then!

Ya ... I think I am right on the bubble for getting my paperwork back ... so my luck would be for the Government to shut down for one day and then it would take the next month starting up again.

AAC Cyclone Suppressor
Form 4 Trust
Sent: 3/2/2011
Check Cashed: 3/8/2011
Pending: 4/5/2011
Approved:
Stamp Received: 5/13/2011
Examiner: Shipman

Well this sucks balls. I just called the NFA hotline and it said "due to the government shutdown, only limited essential personnel are available". I guess that means i'm not going to be getting my stamp anytime in the next several months. This fucking sucks.

Branden

Got this from CNN:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">12:11 p.m. ET – The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives will continue to conduct its “core mission” of preventing and investigating violent crime, including combating gangs and gun-running, in case there is a government shutdown, Senior Justice Department Producer Terry Frieden reported. The ATF says “most” of its 2,400 agents will be on regular duty, but some of the 1,700 support personnel and 800 regulatory inspectors will likely be categorized as “non-essential” for furlough purposes, according to agency officials.</div></div>

TBAC 30P-1
Form 4 Trust
Sent: 12/17/2010
Check Cashed: 12/22/2010
Pending: 1/18/2011
Approved: 3/31/2011
Picked up: 4/8/2011

Examiner: Dudash

NFA Item: suppressor
Form Type: Form 4 on trust
Transfer Type: Individual
Forms Sent: 03/11/2011
Check Cashed: 03/15/11
Pending Date: 04/08/11
Approved Date: ?
Forms Received: ?
Examiner Name: Sandra Snook

NFA item: suppressor
Form type: form 4 LE signature
Transfer type: individual
Forms sent: 4/12/11
Check cashed: apparently (used money order to evade wife)
Pending date: 5/4/11
Approved date: 5/19/11
Forms received: 5/27/11
Examiner name: Albert Lamberger
Hoping for an easy time with this, this is my first NFA application. Dreading a possible 6 month wait!
**Update** Offered my examiner my NICS Unique personal identification number today. I was a victim of identity theft when I was 14 years old and hade my credit destroyed, and my background checks f'd up. Apparently, ATF sends your info to the FBI for the background check portion of it. Mine was denied by the FBI and sent back to my examiner. He is going to have to resend my info again but with my UPIN (this number makes my NICS background checks go super fast) so hopefully this doesn't add to the wait. I encourage anyone with a NICS UPIN to talk directly with your examiner as soon as it goes pending to avoid this crap.
*** Update *** Woohoo! Pending to approved in 2 1/2 weeks! Lamberger is the man. Guess it helped that the FBI background check gets f'd up for me cause it got me to the top of the stack. Mr. Lamberger is a super nice guy to deal with and was sympathetic to the extra hoops I had to jump through. We'll see how long it takes for me to get my stamp.
**final update** Stamp and suppressor received. I ended up waiting longer for my gunsmithing work then I did for my suppressor. I have a very lonely can sitting with no rifle. I'll post when it's all back together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well this sucks balls. I just called the NFA hotline and it said "due to the government shutdown, only limited essential personnel are available". I guess that means i'm not going to be getting my stamp anytime in the next several months. This fucking sucks.

Branden

Got this from CNN:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">12:11 p.m. ET – The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives will continue to conduct its “core mission” of preventing and investigating violent crime, including combating gangs and gun-running, in case there is a government shutdown, Senior Justice Department Producer Terry Frieden reported. The ATF says “most” of its 2,400 agents will be on regular duty, but some of the 1,700 support personnel and 800 regulatory inspectors will likely be categorized as “non-essential” for furlough purposes, according to agency officials.</div></div> </div></div>

There is no shutdown. They came to an agreement

I don't have all the details to make a fancy list, but it took me about 2 1/2 months to get my Sparrow form 4 back from the time of sending it off. My examiner was Shipman.

NFA item: AAC Ti-Rant 9mm
Form type: Trust
Transfer type: Individual
Forms sent: 3/1/11
Check cashed: ?
Pending date: 4/27/11
Approved date: 7/19/11
Forms received: ?
Examiner name: Jason Frushour

Form 4 just back yesterday. This was a bit different. I have several other NFA Stamps. I sent the form 4 in for an SBR back in October. Waited the normal 2.5 to 3 months with no reply. I dont call them, just my choice. CKA sent his SBR form 4 2 weeks after mine and his came back. I was patient and waited. Finally, David Whitson from Shark Suppressors called and said, the examiner at the ATF sent him a notice that my trust paperwork was lost. Well, its been 4 months now since I sent it in so when was it lost? I travel for work and didnt get back home to get another copy sent out for about a month. Finally got home and sent a new trust copy, waited 3 weeks and the stamp finally came yesterday. I know some people would have been hell bent but i guess shit happens right. Right about 6 months on this one. It all works out in the end. If this had been my first stamp, Id probably be pissed about it but after waiting 3 months each time before I try and be patient about it. Luckily the examiner didnt reject it and make me start completely over. She allowed us to send the new trust copy directly to her and she held my application and waited on it until I got back home. Thanks to Sandra Snook the examiner. I still have another SWR Trident Im waiting on,so hopefully it comes back on time.

Updated...

NFA Items: AAC Cyclone and M4/SPR
Form 4
Transfer Type: Trust
Forms Sent: 01/07/2010
Forms Received: 01/20/2010 (WTF, 13 days from MD to GA)
Check Cashed: 01/24/2011
Pending: 02/11/2011
<span style="color: #3366FF">Approved: 04/06/2011</span>
Stamp Received: TBD
Examiner: Sarah Jones

w00t! The cherry is busted ...my first two Class III items have been approved.
laugh.gif

Edit: 4/28 ...picked them up last night.
laugh.gif

NFA Items: Wells Custom
Form 4
Transfer Type: CEO Signature
Check Cashed: 02/2/2011
Pending: 02/24/2011
Approved: 04/21/2011
Stamp Received: TBD
Examiner: Albert Lamberger

LLC Transfer # 4
Suppressor
Sent 2-26-11
Pending since 4-1-11
Reviewer Jason Farshower

Guess I won't be hearing anything till 6-1-11, what a crock of sh.........

5-24-11 update still pending

Got the call and now I have suppressor in hand! 6-7-2011

Question: will the form 4s be delivered to me or my dealer? I was approved on the 6th but haven't received anything personally yet.

From my understanding (from my Dealer) it will be delivered to the dealer. However I have heard in the past that they were delivered to the individual.

I would call your dealer and let him know ... it may be burried somewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SingleShot85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LLC Transfer # 4
Suppressor
Sent 2-26-11
Pending since 4-1-11

Guess I won't be hearing anything till 6-1-11, what a crock of sh.........</div></div>

They told me that it could take (normally) up to 4 months from the time it goes pending. That would put it around 7-1 ish. Mine went pending 2-3 and it is still in pending state.

And yes what a crock...

NFA Items: Ops Inc 12th Model
Form 4
Forms Sent: 2/16/11
Check Cashed: 2/23/11
Pending: 3/30/11
Approved: Not Yet
Stamp Received: Not Yet Either
Examiner: Lamberger

NFA Items: SilencerCo Sparrow & YHM Phantom 7.62 Suppressors
Form 4s
Transfer type: CLEO signature
Forms sent: 27 April 11
Received: 30 April 11
Checks Cashed: ? (Money Orders)
Pending:
Approved:
Stamp Received:
Examiner: Farris

These are my first NFA items...probably not the last!! Will update accordingly.

NFA Item: SBR
Form Type: Form 4
Forms Sent: 03/17/2011
Check Cashed: ? (money order)
Pending Date: 04/11/11
Approved Date: ?
Forms Received: ?
Examiner Name: Christina (Chris) Farris

Form 4