• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So have we been able to narrow down any particular way to submit that ends up being faster or is it all fairly random? For my first cans I went through a local dealer back in May 2016 and those took roughly 8 months to get.

This time I did the SilencerShop single shot trust for 3 DearAir Nomads and I’m seeing anywhere from 78 days to 10+ months for approvals. My check cashed on 5/7/2020 so my hope is that I get them before our deer season in November which should be right around 6.5 months.
No good way to get it faster. Just forget about it. Chances are you won’t have it for deer season, so plan accordingly.

question. this is my first time using silencer shop. i used the local kiosk and did a single shot trust thru the kiosk and app. when paying by by credit card i paid one total to SS. without calling i am not really sure how to tell when the ATF has received and processed the payment? i was thinking there must be someway to follow along from the app but i sure can't figure it out. my paper forms actually seem easier to me.

question. this is my first time using silencer shop. i used the local kiosk and did a single shot trust thru the kiosk and app. when paying by by credit card i paid one total to SS. without calling i am not really sure how to tell when the ATF has received and processed the payment? i was thinking there must be someway to follow along from the app but i sure can't figure it out. my paper forms actually seem easier to me.

Silencer shop will email you when your check cashes.

The app is strictly for uploading the info and passport picture during the application process. In order to check the status of the order log into the website and go to the “My Orders” tab, then scroll down and it will have all the info you need about when it was sent to the dealer, when the check was cashed etc.

No good way to get it faster. Just forget about it. Chances are you won’t have it for deer season, so plan accordingly.

I’m set on my end but I’m building an 18” 6.5 PRC for my dad to hunt with that requires the suppressor to not be absurdly loud. Since my Hybrid isn’t rated for that if they don’t come by deer season he just goes back to his old 7600 Carbine.

He could always form 1 a can and build it... wait times on efile for personal is 30 days or less... I built an 8" can from titanium and stainless. It weighs in at 14 oz and does a fine job knocking the decibels back. My omega has a better tone, but you can't hear much diff in terms of volume.

The app is strictly for uploading the info and passport picture during the application process. In order to check the status of the order log into the website and go to the “My Orders” tab, then scroll down and it will have all the info you need about when it was sent to the dealer, when the check was cashed etc.

I’m set on my end but I’m building an 18” 6.5 PRC for my dad to hunt with that requires the suppressor to not be absurdly loud. Since my Hybrid isn’t rated for that if they don’t come by deer season he just goes back to his old 7600 Carbine.

20200617_202749.jpg

YHM Turbo

Check cashed 11/07/2019

Approved 5/19/2020

Stamp in hand 6/17/2020

Damn, this gives me hope. I'm a couple of months behind you on a turbo and a resonator.

ETA: nice "pistol" btw

I'm at 30 days on a Resonator K, hoped for a batch but no luck. If youre not on the NFA sub on reddit check in there to keep track of approval trends, it's a lot morenactive than SH. Thanks!

thanks for the help. i'm just waiting on the check cleared for this and a paper f4 on my ultra 7. after that i can forget about them while i work with the harvester i received back in may. ironically the stamp showed up a couple hours after i purchased the T3K. 6 month wait to in hand.

so far i've found my other experience with a local SOT to be easier to deal with and quicker overall, even though i had to do a form 3 and wait a couple weeks for the last one. the only big benefit from the SS transaction is that the new dealer already called me to get the form 4473 done and offered conjugal visits.

from the my orders page:

TORRENT SUPPRESSORS
purchased: 05/20/2020
T3KForm 3: Delivered to Dealer on 6/5/2020 7:00:58 PM
Form 4 (Single Shot): Mailed on 6/8/2020

2 cans bought and paid for just before Thanksgiving 2019, both tax stamp checks cashed 11-29-19, got the call to pickup 6-16-20.

I talked to multiple dealers that do a lot of business and everyone of them agreed that there is no advantage as far as quickness to go through the silencer shop kiosk. Idk if anybody values that but I asked as many people as I could

I talked to multiple dealers that do a lot of business and everyone of them agreed that there is no advantage as far as quickness to go through the silencer shop kiosk. Idk if anybody values that but I asked as many people as I could

This makes sense, the value I see using the kiosk is you don't have to go through the hassle of doing manual fingerprints and passport photos, and you don't have to worry (generally speaking) about screwing anything up on the Form 4.

For example, I did a manual filing and a silencer shop filing within the last 7 days. The manually filing cost me an additional $80 to get fingerprinted and pictures taken (fuck you very much, Northern VA cost of living) at the UPS store. With the SS filing, all that is forgone.

Reactions: rmantoo
This makes sense, the value I see using the kiosk is you don't have to go through the hassle of doing manual fingerprints and passport photos, and you don't have to worry (generally speaking) about screwing anything up on the Form 4.

For example, I did a manual filing and a silencer shop filing within the last 7 days. The manually filing cost me an additional $80 to get fingerprinted and pictures taken (fuck you very much, Northern VA cost of living) at the UPS store. With the SS filing, all that is forgone.

I also did SS and paper within a couple weeks of each other.

I paid $15 for pics and $3.50 to send the packet to the ATF. Everything else is taken care of by the dealer. All I do is bring pics, sign and mail the packet.

FWIW, it took me longer to use the kiosk to do the prints than manual on the card. There was a learning curve on the kiosk and it would go faster the next time but it sounds like you won't need to do it the next time.

I also did SS and paper within a couple weeks of each other.

I paid $15 for pics and $3.50 to send the packet to the ATF. Everything else is taken care of by the dealer. All I do is bring pics, sign and mail the packet.

Yeah, buying anything around here in NoVa, simply just get raped.

KAC M110 in black, Form 4 individual

Purchased: 08/07/2019
Form 4 submitted: 10/24/2019
Check cashed: 11/07/2019
Approved: 05/29/2020
Stamp at dealer: 06/20/2020

Will pick up this week.

Total wait time: 10 months, 13 days

Last edited:
My forms and prints submitted around Feb. 12th 2020 for my tbac. Ordered my Mask HD first week of March. Got the call June 12th both stamps came in at my dealer. Picked them up Monday June 15th

thanks for the help. i'm just waiting on the check cleared for this and a paper f4 on my ultra 7. after that i can forget about them while i work with the harvester i received back in may. ironically the stamp showed up a couple hours after i purchased the T3K. 6 month wait to in hand.

so far i've found my other experience with a local SOT to be easier to deal with and quicker overall, even though i had to do a form 3 and wait a couple weeks for the last one. the only big benefit from the SS transaction is that the new dealer already called me to get the form 4473 done and offered conjugal visits.

from the my orders page:

TORRENT SUPPRESSORS
purchased: 05/20/2020
T3KForm 3: Delivered to Dealer on 6/5/2020 7:00:58 PM
Form 4 (Single Shot): Mailed on 6/8/2020

check cashed on my ultra 7 form 4 june 16th. mailed out on 6/9/2020 , one day later than the silencer shop form 4. wonder how much longer it will take to get the SS one cashed?

Edit:. Just got the email today. Sounds like the silencer shop check was cashed on the 19th. Guess they answered the question.

Last edited:
YHM Turbo K
Check cashed 1/22/2020
Approved 6/18/2020

Now the wait for my dealer to receive paperwork.

Reactions: Kansas_Born
Form 4 trust, 1RP
Silencershop Kiosk
Check cashed : 10/21/19
Approved: 05/28/2020 per the pink cover sheet
Stamp at LGS: 06/23/20
Total wait time : 248 days

Picked it up today!

Last edited:
Check cashed: July 4, 2019. Silencershop purchase using a kiosk.

Called and left message today. First one took 9 mo and 9 days. Both Form 4 trusts.

stamp finally made it after almost a year will pick up can saturday. looking for a 9mm pistol can any recomendations, or what to stay away from

Reactions: lwalden61
TBAC 22TD check cashed 5 July 2019 (had date wrong above)
Approved 8 April 2020
At SOT 18 June 2020 (no call from SOT)
In hand today, 25 June 2020
Picked up my TBAC 22TD today too. Approved May 10th (pending June), stamp finally came in last week and picked it up today.

Another can released from prison:

TBAC 6.5 Ultra 9 SilencerShop SS Trust
- Check Cashed 8/28/2019
- Approved 6/10/2020
- Stamp at FFL 6/26/2020

I am waiting on my first suppressor, and am totally new to this so don't haggle me too much, but how do you know when your stamp has been approved? Also, can anyone shed some light on whether filing trust vs individual is a faster/slower turnaround?

I am waiting on my first suppressor, and am totally new to this so don't haggle me too much, but how do you know when your stamp has been approved? Also, can anyone shed some light on whether filing trust vs individual is a faster/slower turnaround?
It seems that the recent trend is showing that individual is faster but it’s not hard set in stone. It’s random. I’ve had some silencers approved at 6 months and some at 11 months. I do all of mine under a Trust, I’ve only done SBR’s (form 1’s) under individual on efile and that was crazy fast (that’s a whole different area though then form 4’s)

you can call the ATF at this number: (304) 616-4500

you need to have you serial number ready, trust info ready, and provide the name of the FFL.

that’s one way to find out if your suppressor is approved. Other then that, you just have to wait for your FFL to call ya saying come pick it up

Reactions: WyCoShooter
It seems that the recent trend is showing that individual is faster but it’s not hard set in stone. It’s random. I’ve had some silencers approved at 6 months and some at 11 months. I do all of mine under a Trust, I’ve only done SBR’s (form 1’s) under individual on efile and that was crazy fast (that’s a whole different area though then form 4’s)

you can call the ATF at this number: (304) 616-4500

you need to have you serial number ready, trust info ready, and provide the name of the FFL.

that’s one way to find out if your suppressor is approved. Other then that, you just have to wait for your FFL to call ya saying come pick it up

Got it, that certainly seems to be the consensus looks like in this thread, is that quite literally there no way to know. I had just heard that filing as an individual was faster and was curious if anyone could attest to that. That is great to know however, I will be doing my first SBR here in the next month-ish, so I am glad that process is easier!

Appreciate the contact information!

I bought my can private party in state via form 4 through an individual with a trust. Does that mean the ATF would contact the trust owner first to notify them that the item can be transferred? Any experience with that by chance?

Cashed 11/8/2019
Approved 6/4/2020
Mailed / postmarked 6/18/2020
Picked up 6/26/2020
2 party trust.

Reactions: nikonNUT
This is my first suppressor, and I built my own this afternoon on the lathe in my shop...
> I applied online June 9th 2020 for my B-day,
> Paid online with a C.C.
> Got the Approved email today!

Totally surprised at the turnaround time... 19 days?!
Maybe not too many folks are filing?

Have fun, Gerry

I purchased my first can in May via SS kiosk. It is a SiCo 36M and it is fantastic. As was my experience using Silencer Shop.
-Form 4 w/ Single Shot trust.
-Paperwork mailed 5/26/2020
-Check cashed 6/11/2020
....Waiting.....

Looking at NFA Tracker it appears that times have dropped like crazy, but it could be that they are just getting more random and the data hasn't had a chance to catch up enough to show that? I am hopeful but not expecting a sub 5-6 month miracle.....

Form: 4 (4 silencers total, SS kiosk)
Entity: Trust/1 RP (Local attorney prepared)
Pending: 1/27/2020 (3), 2/27/2020 (1)
Approved: 5/27/2020 (2), 5/28/2020 (2)
Stamps in hand: 6/20/2020 (2) & 6/25/2020 (2)
State: MN

Standardized wait: 114, 145, 150, 150

Observations
Batch approvals are a thing as they approved my 2/27 can along with the 1/27 ones.
Same approving agent for all four cans. Two different days.
SilencerShop doesn't update their status past tax stamp check cashed. So checking that is pretty much worthless.....
I’m never going to financially recover from this - © Joe Exotic

Reactions: wb00757
This is my first suppressor, and I built my own this afternoon on the lathe in my shop...
> I applied online June 9th 2020 for my B-day,
> Paid online with a C.C.
> Got the Approved email today!

Totally surprised at the turnaround time... 19 days?!
Maybe not too many folks are filing?

Have fun, Gerry

This is what @GerrywithaG really looks like; hard at work on the lathe after getting the tax stamp so quickly. Yeah, right, that was just a coincidence.

1593454068087.png

Suppressor: Knights 7.62 mm QDC/PRS

Form: 4
Entity: Trust (Experienced NFA Trust attorney)
Pending: 05/21/2019 (Date check cashed)
Approved: 05/26/2020
Standardized wait: 371 days (Date Approved minus Date Pending)
Stamp in hand: 06/29/2020
Delivery wait: 34 days (Date in Hand minus Date Approved)
Total wait: 405 days (Date in Hand minus Date Pending)
STATE: FL

Anybody have a lead on the TP9 can? Everywhere I have looked is out of stock. Any direction would be appreciated.

no joke... when I saw it was the LGS on the caller ID, I thought, nah.... couldn't be... gotta go get a lotto ticket now...

yhm turbo
form 4 single shot trust

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200630-054702_Days Counter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200630-054702_Days Counter.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 121