• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I think they proof it after you submit it.

But it is certainly annoying that I have to wait on the dealer to be ready for me to “certify.”
I got mine certified last Friday. Hope this might give you some hope!

Attachments

• EB6CA912-DBFC-48EE-80CA-6F1B818CCED3.png
    EB6CA912-DBFC-48EE-80CA-6F1B818CCED3.png
    444.3 KB · Views: 66
My purchase was Nov. 30 and thank god they held it in prep for efile. So it was in limbo until appx Jan. 19 when my SS account notified "ready to certify, contact your dealer". According to SS youtube I think last week were the first certifications. Mine also done on Fri. 21, so we'll see how close to 90 days we get.

I’m not holding my breath for 90 days. I’ll be happy if I get back mid summer.

I'm so new to this and prolly stupid but I went threw an ffl and bought the suppressor they took care of everything they said they would call when it came in. How can I find out how far along I am in the process?

I'm so new to this and prolly stupid but I went threw an ffl and bought the suppressor they took care of everything they said they would call when it came in. How can I find out how far along I am in the process?
Call the ATF periodically. They’re are some dunce-cap wearers purporting this is of no use. They even suggest this slows your approval down because they think they are talking to regular staff and not call center workers. They are separate. I call once a month.

Things you can learn by calling:

Recieved by ATF and in system
Status, most often pending
Approved
Other details have been suggested but not confirmed by me. These could be: problems with form, problems with payment, assigned status etc.

My best friend is a patient guy. He put in a form 4 in the Spring. He never called until the following February. When he did finally call, he found out that his can had been approved in Oct. 😳 The Stamp never made it to the dealer. The dealer never checked or suspected anything was wrong. He had to apply for a replacement stamp, which went fairly quickly.

Also, just because most folks are seeing 7-12 months does not mean yours could not inexplicably slip through early (or late) seemingly out of queue. I have seen this happen

When I call, I have everything ready and turn on the charm. I figure no sense in tempting fate. These call center people already have a shitty job.

Remember the BATF works for you.

Last edited:
Call the ATF periodically. They’re are some dunce-cap wearers purporting this is of no use. They even suggest this slows your approval down because they think they are talking to regular staff and not call center workers. They are separate. I call once a month.

Approved
Other details have been suggested but not confirmed by me. These could be: problems with form, problems with payment, assigned status etc.

My best friend is a patient guy. He put in a form 4 in the Spring. He never called until the following February. When he did finally call, he found out that his can had been approved in Oct. 😳 The Stamp never made it to the dealer. The dealer never checked or suspected anything was wrong. He had to apply for a replacement stamp, which went fairly quickly.

Also, just because most folks are seeing 7-12 months does not mean yours could not inexplicably slip through early (or late) seemingly out of queue. I have seen this happen

When I call, I have everything ready and turn on the charm. I figure no sense in tempting fate. These call center people already have a shitty job.

I called a fee times I think it was the right place haha but never no answer and I left two messages but nothing.

I called a fee times I think it was the right place haha but never no answer and I left two messages but nothing.

Here is the number: (304) 616-4500

I never leave a message. Perhaps someone else can speak to that. I just wait on hold. Don’t call on Monday. Typical wait used to be a few minutes, but now it is 20-25 mins.

Reactions: Schw15
Here is the number: (304) 616-4500

I never leave a message. Perhaps someone else can speak to that. I just wait on hold. Don’t call on Monday. Typical wait used to be a few minutes, but now it is 20-25 mins.
Thank you I will not leave a message. I've waited 20 plus min but I will give it more time.

Reactions: FuhQ

Approved

Everything you said, I agree 100%. Especially the be nice and charming part. Like you said, their job is probably not their ideal position, and I'm sure they deal with a lot of rude folks and unhappy impatient jackasses all day everyday, if you're nice, you will stand out, and maybe even get a bit more info than you expected. It's happened to me quite a few times since the dealer audit issue, for example, the lady telling me yesterday that she would expect Feb/March for my next stamp to arrive. That was just out of nowhere, but we were joking and being friendly on the phone prior to, just having a normal conversation. She even remembered me from last time I called in back in December...Which is surprising, given the number of people that probably call in daily. 😮

People like to laugh, people like to be treated as humans, and as equals. Nobody likes having to go through this process...It's antiquated, and should have never even been passed into legislation in the first place. But, if you are a decent person, more often than not, you will get treated the same in return. Now, there was a guy that worked there who was a real jackass every time I called...I haven't gotten him in a while, so, hopefully they fired his ass. He was unhelpful and rude, and had an attitude like he didn't want to be there, and that you were burdening him by calling and making him do his job.

Reactions: Holliday
So I called it was a shocking 5 to 6 min wait every other time I waited 20 plus min. So I bought it in mid July they started it August 3 and still pending........ I'm just not patient with anything haha but can't wait

Reactions: Holliday
So I called it was a shocking 5 to 6 min wait every other time I waited 20 plus min. So I bought it in mid July they started it August 3 and still pending........ I'm just not patient with anything haha but can't wait
Yeah…. You got a other 4-5 months easily at the rate shits going now. I have a march 12th I just called on and it’s still pending.

Coming up on year from purchase! Yay!

Reactions: Schw15
Alright... Finally, some good news! My hat's off the very nice, friendly, and informative ATF examiner that came-through with her promise of an expedited approval and stamp mailing, as she was familiar with this whole ordeal. 👍🏼

Due to the ATF audit that took place at this particular dealer that threw a monkey-wrench in everything and made this exponentially longer than it should have been. For reference, my other 2 cans bought the day before 12/4/2020, the stamps arrived at the dealer on 8/5/2021. So, almost 6 extra months wait time due to bureaucratic red tape. If they would just go ahead and deregulate them, or 4473 them like firearms, then we wouldn't have any of these problems. Just saying...

My Rugged Obsidian 45 is now free from ATF jail. Just waiting on me to pick it up.

Here's a quick breakdown of the wonderful (almost) 14 month long migraine... I'll skip all the details of the back-and-forth calls to the ATF and dealer to find out WTF was going on during that time.

Rugged Obsidian 45 FDE
Silencer Shop Kiosk - Digital FP
Single-Shot Trust

Purchased - 12/5/2020
Cashed - 1/3/2021
(ATF Dealer Audit) Progress Halted/Disapproved - 6/24/2021
(Audit Concluded) Resubmitted - 8/17/2021
Re-Cashed - 10/17/2021
Approved - 1/10/2022
Stamp @ Dealer - 1/25/2022
In-hand - Probably tomorrow, if I can break free during the day.
I was able to steal away this afternoon and go grab it… 😏

Full (long) configuration on the Shield 45...

3BF7DB19-21EE-4548-BE28-670E377E7D1B.jpeg

K configuration w/ the extra L baffles...

D2ADE30C-5E5F-4FF9-B19C-6F2B3C11CA13.jpeg

K configuration on the Shield 45 (I personally prefer this length on this pistol).

52B21925-99D2-45D2-8F34-8EA6122AFDEA.jpeg

On my Shield 45 (in K config) it's almost identical in length to my 1911 with a 5" .22LR conversion and my DA Mask HD.

04B0A938-D41B-4D44-9C99-34DBECB0061D.jpeg

Last edited:
I was able to steal away this afternoon and go grab it… 😏

Full (long) configuration on the Shield 45...

View attachment 7794402

K configuration w/ the extra L baffles...

View attachment 7794403

K configuration on the Shield 45 (I personally prefer this length on this pistol).

View attachment 7794405

On my Shield 45 (in K config) it's almost identical in length to my 1911 with a 5" .22LR conversion and my DA Mask HD.

View attachment 7794404
I run mine mainly on a Glock 19. I would like to get a barrel for my S&W 1911 but I need to find someone that can fit one, that I can trust.

Btw a spare endcap make swapping from long to K easier in the field. The cones will lock in place after a few rounds.

Also get the tool from https://www.suppressortools.com/pro...llc-4348-39ccec4d-520a-4242-b0a0-32bb52ced733

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ
Has anyone who did the eForm 4 through Silencer Shop had their info populate in ATF eForms?

I “certified” a week ago and got the automated ATF email, but there is nothing in ATF eforms.

Has anyone who did the eForm 4 through Silencer Shop had their info populate in ATF eForms?

I “certified” a week ago and got the automated ATF email, but there is nothing in ATF eforms.
I'm in the same exact boat. I figure that I have about 80 more days until I should start becoming concerned.

Reactions: Desert Demon
Well on the building it just says "gunshop" but if you look it up I think it's called American hunting and outdoors.

Reactions: reubenski
EFile form 4 for a KGM R30 (trust)
Certified 1/28
The wait begins (again, just got my dominus from 3/4/21)

Eform certified 1/18 and another 1/24 for me. We will see. Not holding my breath on the 90 days but a guy can hope.

My last two did t even go 5 months on paper. Maybe my lucky streak will continue

Ultra 9
Purchased 2/10/2021
Cashed 3/9/2021
Stamp at Dealer: 2/1/2022

Still waiting on one cashed 3/31

329 days........
Also found out that my FFL / SOT is moving and closing down. He's "working" with the ATF to get his inventory transferred
Right there with you bro I’m am at 328 and 109 days….I’ve called a hand full of times, getting tired of them telling me it’s pending.

Form 4 Individual (DA Mask)
Purchased from SS 2/9/2021
Pending 3/12/2021
Approved 1/29/2022

Have two others in the system, one being 5/12/2021 and another 12/9/2021. Both still Pending. I have a few other cans I wanna purchase, but I'm waiting for this eForms BS to get worked out.

Reactions: 92G and 260284

I have the same question. My check was cashed on December 8th. I got on the SilencerShop website and created my account but I don’t know if I’m old school or new eforms. Anyone know how to figure this out???

The struggle is real...

Im 90 days in, sounds like I have a ways to go. This is my second can, the first one I sent the paperwork in about mid December and I received my stamp before January was out. That was in ‘06 before the can kraze so I am sure that helped with the speed of it.

I have the same question. My check was cashed on December 8th. I got on the SilencerShop website and created my account but I don’t know if I’m old school or new eforms. Anyone know how to figure this out???
The form 4 eform didn’t go online till after December 20th. My dealer didn’t get his software setup from the ATF till first week of January. I certified my electronic form on 1/11. So I’d guess yours went in old school if you sent in a check

Reactions: 92G
The form 4 eform didn’t go online till after December 20th. My dealer didn’t get his software setup from the ATF till first week of January. I certified my electronic form on 1/11. So I’d guess yours went in old school if you sent in a check
The part that gets confusing is I didn’t have to certify in person because I bought a trust. That’s what I was told and what I read today. So it sounds like mine was part of the “certified” process which I guessing is part of the new system. Maybe not.

So what are the thoughts on the new e-form? I have never bought a can before and ordered one as an individual transfer. Setup my ATF profile and got an e-mail from them the other day casually reminding me that companies are not allowed to file on my behalf. Huh...nothing about that when I ordered the can. Called the FFL and it seems there is some confusion in the process. Guy told me they had filed 100+ e-forms on behalf of customers that were rejected because the actual transferee didn't do it. So now I have to get a trust so they can do it on my behalf.

If e-form already a complete cluster-F?

So what are the thoughts on the new e-form? I have never bought a can before and ordered one as an individual transfer. Setup my ATF profile and got an e-mail from them the other day casually reminding me that companies are not allowed to file on my behalf. Huh...nothing about that when I ordered the can. Called the FFL and it seems there is some confusion in the process. Guy told me they had filed 100+ e-forms on behalf of customers that were rejected because the actual transferee didn't do it. So now I have to get a trust so they can do it on my behalf.

I received the same email and was curious to know what the story was. My dealer efiled for me, with my trust.

I had to go in to my dealer and certified it. I did mine as a individual, no issues so far.

Reactions: Wyoming8541