• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Form 4 wait time

RIght, Tracker -was - saying every 5 days would shave a day off. Look closer on that graph, and scroll down. It appears that the update was in sept., so perhaps the wait time computer is still in conjunction with sept?. I have noticed some May -check cashed- were starting to come up on approval.

This thread has gotten quite though.

Yeah, I check this thread about once a day, and it has slowed down over the last 2 weeks.

I called 2 days ago to check on my 5320.20 and Form 4. I've spoken to some down right clueless secretarys and there is one who seems to know her junk. I spoke with the knowledgable one 2 days ago, and she said my forms are on the exainer's desk to be signed that it wouldn't be much longer.
Form 4 went pending 6/6/12
Form 5320.20 went pending 10/10/12

Hopefully, I have them both in hand in about 2 weeks.

Great thread and much appreciated. First time class 3 purchase here, and the paperwork just went off today. Nice to see the process moving, but this seems to be a snail's pace event. Now, to just sit back and wait....

I talked with a gent from The Attic in Minot, ND. He says times are 7-8 months for them, FWIW.

July 10th for my pending. I hear ya bro, it's easy to say don't think about it but I NEED to shoot stuff quietly!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pending June 22nd.....

this shit is getting old. </div></div>

Form 1 SBR on a trust
Mailed 4/17/12
Check cashed 5/3/12
Pending 6/7/12
Error letter received, correction made and mailed back 10/11/12
Approved 10/22/12
Received 10/26/12
Examiner Sarah Jones

All mailing done via regular stamped snail mail

Their "assistants" must be useless. The excuse of "training" causing delays is now mute given the time that's elapsed, and if take more than a few months to train someone then there's an issue with the trainer and the trainee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyeDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Form 1 SBR on a trust
Mailed 4/17/12
Check cashed 5/3/12
Pending 6/7/12
Approved 10/22/12

All mailing done via regular stamped snail mail.</div></div>

Mine went pending 6/6/12. You have already received an error letter, re-submitted, and it's approved. Called NFA Branch to check, mine is still pending.

Add to this a slow down over the last few weeks, and something is up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon05_88</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyeDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Form 1 SBR on a trust
Mailed 4/17/12
Check cashed 5/3/12
Pending 6/7/12
Approved 10/22/12

All mailing done via regular stamped snail mail.</div></div>

Mine went pending 6/6/12. You have already received an error letter, re-submitted, and it's approved. Called NFA Branch to check, mine is still pending.

Add to this a slow down over the last few weeks, and something is up. </div></div>

yep.... the entire system is flawed. I'd like to know more details (i.e the slow down).

7.62 Phantom
Purchased November 2011
Arrived at my FFL April 2012
Form 4 sent April 28
Check cashed a week later
pending mid June
Approved October 12
Picked up today October 23
What a long process.

NFA Item: 2 x Form 1 SBR
Trust
Forms sent: 10/14/12
Check cashed: 10/23/12
Pending:
Approved:
Received:
Examiner: Siviero?

wtf is going on at the nfa?
i called today and all i got was pending date and aprox approval 6 months + the chick wouldn't say another word and i am about to pull the trigger on 3 more cans but the way things have gone the last 2-3 weeks i will be holding off for now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wtf is going on at the nfa?
i called today and all i got was pending date and aprox approval 6 months + the chick wouldn't say another word and i am about to pull the trigger on 3 more cans but the way things have gone the last 2-3 weeks i will be holding off for now </div></div>

I don't know, if I had the money i'd be buying. It don't seem like the approval time is getting any shorter.

Form sent in March
4 days later check cashed
went pending early April
STILL PENDING 7 months later

(TN btw)

Well, saw where one had gone from "pending" to delivered in about 5 months from when it went pending.

Won't get my hopes up.

Mine went pending June 25th.

Figure it'll get here December 20th or 21st or something like that.

Just in time for the end of the world so that I'll be able to shoot zombies in silence.

Just take it as a great Christmas present to myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powdermeasure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am taking the less stressful road. Sent it in and will wait like I am waiting on Christmas!</div></div>

Same here!

Apparently the NFA branch is shut down due to the hurricane. I called to check on one and got a recording stating to call back after the hurricane. Praying that everyone up there is safe.

Is calling the only way to find out if you're at pending status or is there a website?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 58blackflag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is calling the only way to find out if you're at pending status or is there a website?</div></div>

Yep, have to call.

Two cans, on a trust.
Pending June 12
Approved October30
Received Nov 6 (stamps at dealer today, Nov 5)
Texas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two cans, on a trust.
Pending June 12
Approved October30
Received _________
Texas </div></div>

I'm 10 days behind you bud....

I'm shooting for middle November.

Shoot, I just wish it was a 30BA that just cleared! Talking to Silenced America ...

Well, mine went pending June 24th. So now I think I'm just waiting on a 45 day count down. Might make a nice Christmas present.

God willing, the creek don't rise, and New York doesn't have another hurricane.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, mine went pending June 24th. So now I think I'm just waiting on a 45 day count down. Might make a nice Christmas present.

God willing, the creek don't rise, and New York doesn't have another hurricane. </div></div>

NFA tracker shows a good amount of form 4's pending in June just now clearing... There's hope for us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">K_4c there is no hope for yours. HAHAHA </div></div>

that's some cold blooded shit brother..... ha

I think I may call tomorrow and see....

What ever. The range is set up.

I'll shoot a cold bore shot with my brake on, I'll let the barrel cool, I'll attach the suppressor and take a cold bore shot and all will be right with the world.

All good things take time.

just called today... I've never been so excited to hear there's a problem with my paper work.

check cashed: June 5th
pending: June 22nd
problem notice: 6th November

There's hope for us yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just called today... I've never been so excited to hear there's a problem with my paper work.

There's hope for us yet. </div></div>

Oh sh*t... this should mean that you'll be getting yours in a few weeks from now. I'm excited for you, right on!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: islandermyk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just called today... I've never been so excited to hear there's a problem with my paper work.

There's hope for us yet. </div></div>

Oh sh*t... this should mean that you'll be getting yours in a few weeks from now. I'm excited for you, right on! </div></div>

it's been a long wait bud.... I'm pretty pumped to get my TBAC 30-BA mounted for some range work!

<span style="font-weight: bold">TBAC 30P-1</span>
Trust
Forms Sent: 8/17/2012
Check Cashed: 9/6/2012
Pending:
Approved:
Examiner: Sara Jones

<span style="font-weight: bold">AAC Element II</span>
Trust
Forms Sent: 11/2/2012
Check Cashed: 11/23/2012
Pending:
Approved:
Examiner: Sara Jones

<span style="font-weight: bold">Templar Tactical 30cal Ti Archangel</span>
Trust
Forms Sent: 11/7/12
Check Cashed:
Pending:
Approved:
Examiner:

AL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon05_88</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon05_88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFA Item: TBAC 30P-1
Transferee Type: Individual
Ordered: 1/3/12
Checked with Dealer: 1/30/12
TBAC lost order, so order actually placed on 1/30/12.
Arrived at Dealer: 3/20/12
Forms Sent: 4/25/12
Delivered: 4/28/12
Check Cashed: ???
Pending Date: 6/6/12
Approved Date: 11/7/12
Forms Received:
Examiner: Dana Pickles

</div></div>
Pending Date: 6/6/12

Dude on the phone said it should be approved end of November/beginning of December.</div></div>
Approved Date: 11/7/12

5 months 1 day pending to approved.

NFA Item: 2 x Form 1 SBR
Trust
Forms sent: 10/14/12
Check cashed: 10/23/12
Pending:
Approved:
Received:

NFA Item: Silencerco .45 Osprey
Trust
Forms Sent: 11/8/12
Check cashed: 11/14/12
Pending:
Approved:
Received:

Trust
Forms sent: 15 May, 2012
Check cashed: 22 May, 2012
Pending: 25 June, 2012
Received: 21 November, 2012
Examiner: Siviero (?)

Great thread, information is greatly appreciated. Spoke to ATF today at 304 616-4500; "Mary" told me approvals are averaging six months from date "pending".

Popping my cherry!!! Very first NFA item for me! One step closer to owning it!

1. NFA Item: SBR
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transfer Type: Trust
4. Form Sent: 11/09/2012
5. MO Cashed:?
6. Pending: ?
7. Approved: ?
8. From Received: ?
9. ATF Examiner: ?

Still seeing 6 months from check cashed. I'm curious to know if they respond with a
"wiggle room" answer. This way your not calling again at 5 weeks, cause with "Mary's"
Answer, you'll be surprised when the dealer calls with the stamp.

congratulations sonic crack,
(in the mean time) Welcome to hell
smile.gif

First NFA item here as well.

1.NFA item, TTF Archangel suppressor
2.Form Type. Form 4
3.Trust
4.Sent 11/5/12
5.Check cashed 11/8/12 (seems fast to me)
6.Pending Nov. 20th 2012
7.Approved April 24th. 2013
8.Recieved?
9.Examiner?

Last edited: