• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

filed with a tust in aug1 2013 thought i would have it any time now looks like a few more months i think i will buy another e file and see witch one i get first

Surely you are going to eFile it and have them in 3 months, right?

My dealer is set up to do the E-file and I have the executed PDF's of my Trust so that route is a possibility. Although the E-file route has been much faster at some point I'm sure it will become just as backlogged as the paper system. When that point is reached is anyone's guess. Call me odd, but I actually prefer the handwritten copies with an actual affixed tax stamp.

Last edited:
My dealer is set up to do the E-file and I have the executed PDF's of my Trust so that route is a possibility. Although the E-file route has been much faster at some point I'm sure it will become just as backlogged as the paper system. When that point is reached is anyone's guess. Call me odd, but I actually prefer the handwritten copies with an actual affixed tax stamp.

I prefer what ever gets me my item the fastest!!! lol

Mine went in in early April and end if April 2013 and just got back in early February and late February. I plan to efile an osprey 45 in a couple weeks once transferred to my FFL. Hope to get back by fall.

I e filed two form 4's on my trust 10-22-13. Called the ATF for an update, I was told 2-22-14.

Sure enough I received both suppressors with a stamped, and signed pdf four months to the day. This is out of the South East Region.

Last edited:
I e filed two form 4's on my trust 10-22-13. Called the ATF for an update, I was told 1-22-14.

Sure enough I received both suppressors with a stamped, and signed pdf four months to the day. This is out of the South East Region.

So they said 3 months but you got it in four?

I called to check on my Form 1 SBR application this morning and it was approved today. I went individual route and believe I mailed it out mid April last year. Long wait, but it will be worth it when paperwork arrives in mail!

So they said 3 months but you got it in four?

The total wait time was 4 months to the date I e-filed my form 4's. 10-22-13 to 2-22-14. This was exactly what the ATF quoted me when I called to check on the time. I was shocked when it really was four months.

Last edited:
The total wait time was 4 months to the date I e-filed my form 4's. 10-22-13 to 1-22-14. This was exactly what the ATF quoted me when I called to check on the time. I was shocked when it really was four months.

Your math sucks, unless your calendar has 13 months on it. 10/22/13 to 1/22/14 is THREE months, not four.

Your math sucks, unless your calendar has 13 months on it. 10/22/13 to 1/22/14 is THREE months, not four.

Sorry about that, 10/22/13 to 2/22/14. It was four months on the dot. Regardless the point is, it's much easier to e-file and a very fast return. In comparison I have a buddy that did the mail in method on a trust in July of 2013 and has yet to get his NFA item. This is in the south east region.

Last edited:
Sorry about that, 10/22/13 to 2/22/14. It was four months on the dot. Regardless the point is, it's much easier to e-file and a very fast return. In comparison I have a buddy that did the mail in method on a trust in July of 2013 and has yet to get his NFA item. This is in the south east region.

Gotcha...I am in the same boat as your buddy a handful of new items, timing wise.

I just got a call from TriggerTime that my three Form 4s for Thunderbeast suppressors are approved and I can pick up my suppressors. I ordered these Dec. 01, 2012. The Form 3s had to be approved first which took many months. The Form 4s went pending end June 2013. Glad to hear I can finally pick them up.

Last edited:
My forms went Pending in June 2013 Still waiting for my call. I even called the status line the last two days but I been getting a Voicemail? Which is weird I never ran into that issue before. Anyone have their hours of operation?

I got the voicemail today as well. Fortunately when I hung up my dealer called me. Exactly 9 months to the day from pending.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I got the voicemail today as well. Fortunately when I hung up my dealer called me. Exactly 9 months to the day from pending.

Keep trying. I got that too and finally got through yesterday for the good news that my suppressor that went pending in June just got sent, hoping my July stamp is close!

This is my first time with this but sent paperwork in for form 4 for suppressor April of 13. Check was cashed May 1st. Originally was told paperwork went pending June 5th and was 8 to 9 months. I have called once a month just to check on it and now I'm being told it went pending July 24th and its about 10 months currently. Is this normal to get different pending dates? I'm just ready to have the damn thing at this point lol, including the dealer to dealer transfer time its been over a year now.

Archangel 338 can

Mailed: 4/17/13
Check cashed: 4/25/13
Pending: 6/28/13
Approved 2/26/14
Received: 3/5/14
Examiner: Wood

Just need it to warm up so I can shoot.

This is my first time with this but sent paperwork in for form 4 for suppressor April of 13. Check was cashed May 1st. Originally was told paperwork went pending June 5th and was 8 to 9 months. I have called once a month just to check on it and now I'm being told it went pending July 24th and its about 10 months currently. Is this normal to get different pending dates? I'm just ready to have the damn thing at this point lol, including the dealer to dealer transfer time its been over a year now.

Brother, by the time I get mine..... The total time for me will be year and half! I feel your pain.... Mine went pending august... They say I'll have it in may 2014..... It was bought/ started process jan 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Form 4 Individual TBAC 30BA
Sent:04/15/13
Check cashed:04/15/2013
Pending:06/24/2013
Approval:............

I called today and they said it should be ready by March that's 1 month shy from a whole year wait! :(

Well the ATF was truthful about holding on to it until March

APPROVED: March 4, 2014!!!!

Now waiting for the call

1. NFA Item: Suppressor
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: April 2013
5. Check Cashed: 26-Apr-2013
6. Pending Date: 27-Jun-2013
7. Approved Date: 5-Mar-2014
8. Forms Received: 10-Mar-2014
9. Examiner Name: ----------

Last edited:
I called today and my form 4 was approved on 3/4/2014.

It was a trust form 4 submitted 4/24/2013.

How long does the stamp take to get to the dealer?

1. NFA Item: Suppressor
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: April 2013
5. Check Cashed: 26-Apr-2013
6. Pending Date: 27-Jun-2013
7. Approved Date: 5-Mar-2014
8. Forms Received:----------
9. Examiner Name: ----------

This gives me a glimmer of hope. My F4 went pending in late June too.

my last few took about a week from approved to getting the call. i'm in PA if that matters.

EDIT:
2 weeks, not one. sorry.

It says you are from Texas so maybe you ordered from Silencer shop like I did? I called them today they said should take anywhere from 4-10 days after approval before the dealer receives it. Then some more paper work to have them mail it to me to sign and then a 7 day grace period something about the local cleo needs to be notified.

I see a disturbing trend of (I want it now) folks who are calling and wasting time of our ATF examiners in this thread. NFA is a field for the patient, stop slowing the system worrying about yourself. Say what you would like but I'm sure I'm not the only one irritated with this.

Stop calling and screwing (prolonging the process) for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Mike,

Yes, I am in houston and ordered from SilencerShop. They were great to work with, and the fact that they can ship to your door is awesome.

Bp44,
I understand your frustration with how long stamps are taking right now, but honestly we are paying a pretty penny for the stamp. We can't expect to write a check and then wonder if it will ever deliver anything. Plus, my call with the ATF was 43 seconds. Surely the US government can't be slowed down by a 43 second phonecall (sarcasm)!

I see a disturbing trend of (I want it now) folks who are calling and wasting time of our ATF examiners in this thread. NFA is a field for the patient, stop slowing the system worrying about yourself. Say what you would like but I'm sure I'm not the only one irritated with this.

Are you under the impression they have examiners answering the phone? If so, that isn't the case.

They have a receptionist that handles inquiries extremely efficiently. "Hello I'd like to check in the status of.."
"Serial number please"
"Xxxxxx its a suppress-"
"Name of the dealer transferring the item"
"Some guys gun store"
"Went pending x should have approval by x.
"thank you and good day."
Two minute phone call at most.

Hey BP, do you actually believe you're talking to an examiner when you call the nfa branch slowing them down?

Two Form 4's sent May 17, 2013. Approved Feb 27, 2014. Arrived in the mail March 6, 2014.

BP, I'm sorry I slowed the system down for you. I guess my 11 month wait (I want it now) for a 2 min phone call was asking to much.

TeaRex,
Yeah unfortunately I won't be home to receive it since I'm stationed out in Alabama. I ordered a suppressor cover from SilencerShop and it was a dollar cheaper than the manufacture website andddd free shipping. So if you do see any parts that you may want you might want to check their inventory. Their service is pretty amazing.

This is rich lol

Choke the extra two mins I called to two days longer we will all wait.... Shame on us!

You have no idea what you are talking about. They have receptionists that answer the phones. They are not examiners or examiner assistants. Their sole purpose is to pick up the phone.

Last edited:
My sincerest apologies to you all, I figured the nfa branch as a whole was slowed down by the thousands of bogus questions per day. Turns out I was wrong and learned a valuable lesson.

Wow! Who was your examiner? I've got three cans pending from 7-29 to 8-27. Sounds like SOMEone is actually doing their job at NFA branch (or the e-file system is taking the workload down a notch).

Norm
I just picked it up.
It was pending 7/31/13
Approved 2/28/14
Stamp recieved 3/6/14
Examiner was Nickie Dudash

338 TBAC BA
Form 4 Individual
Purchased 05/03/13
Check cashed 07/10/13
Pending 09/03/13
Advised today by ATF Approval expected July/twothousandfourteen!

New Mexico Trust
E-filed form 4 on 11/8/2013
Received today 3/11/2014
Thunderbeast 30 BAS
Just over four months to the day......buddies with paper forms are still pending!

TTF 30 Cal Archangel
Form 4 trust
Sent: 6/15/2013
Check cashed: 6/20/2013
Approved: 3/7/2014
Stamp arrived at dealer today, going to pick it up on Friday.

Mailed forms 5/30/2013
Check Cashed 6/17/2013
Pending 8/13/2013
stamp received 3/13/14 by dealer
Trust in South Carolina

9 months and 2 weeks from the day they were mailed.

Last edited:
Mailed 1/13
check cashed 7/13
Paper trust
pending. 2/14
NFA said, possibly April, May?
Trying to figure out who I pissed off and how? 16 months?

It may have had something to do with the Arizona Gov. finger thing?

Last edited:
Damn must have got lost in a stack for a while. Six months for them to cash the check seems way excessive.