• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Form 4 wait time

Just mailed in last week on 2 cans. Dealer said he had been getting 5 months but some were coming in at 60 to 90 days now.

1. NFA Item: Suppressor
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Individual
4. Forms Sent: 12-September-2010
5. Check Cashed: 20-September-2010
6. Pending Date: 17-October-2010
7. Approved Date: 10-December-2010
8. Forms Received: 18-December-2010
9. Examiner Name: Susanne Santamaria

Does anyone know how the examiners are assigned, I saw somewhere that it was by the first letter of your class 3 dealer.

Griffin Armament .30cal Scout:

NFA Item: Suppressor
Form Type: Form 4
Transferee Type: Trust
Forms Sent: 09/02/10
Forms Received: 09/04/10
Check Cashed: 09/07/10
Pending Date: 09/21/10
Approved Date: ---
Received Date: ---

Was told "four months".

SAS TI Arbiter 7.62
Did it as a trust
-Form 3 Submitted by Suppressed Tactical solutions on 8/17/2010
-Form 3 Cleared 9/20/2010
-Form 4 Package Mailed 9/25/2010
-Form 4 Recieved by BATF 9/27/2010 (delivery confirmation.)
-Check Cashed: won't really know this because I paid with a USPS money order
-Pending: 10/5/2010
-Approved:
-Examiner:
-Stamp Recieved:

NFA Item: Ops Inc 16th
Form Type: Form 4
Transferee Type: Trust
Forms Sent: 07/28/2010
Forms Received:
Check Cashed:
Pending Date: 08/28/2010
Approved Date: 10/21/2010
Received Date: 10/29/2010

I am not sure how they are assigned, but I think that each dealer has the same one for each transaction.

Form 1 SBR - Trust
Paperwork Mailed: 8/31/10
Check cashed: 9/13/10
Form Approved: 10/13/10
Form Received: 10/25/10
Examiner: William Shipman

Well, here we go. I'm about to take on the never (seemingly) endless journey. I've paid in full for my suppressor and 10.5" barrel. When they come in, send off the papers to the ATF and sit back and wait...

And wait...

And wait...

Wish me luck...

Oh, Yankee Hill Phantom 5.56, and ASA 10.5"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lead Lobber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, here we go. I'm about to take on the never (seemingly) endless journey. I've paid in full for my suppressor and 10.5" barrel. When they come in, send off the papers to the ATF and sit back and wait...

And wait...

And wait...

Wish me luck...

Oh, Yankee Hill Phantom 5.56, and ASA 10.5" </div></div>

Always a loaner for you here.

I sent my last form 4 in last May 1.
Have not got my stamp back yet.
Its going on 8 months now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent my last form 4 in last May 1.
Have not got my stamp back yet.
Its going on 8 months now.

</div></div>

You should call in with your serial number. There could have been an issue with paperwork, or it has been lost.

well sent in 9 form 4's 7/8; ck cashed 7/13; pending 8/13; approved 10/5; arrived ? dealer 10/27 ( dealer in atf audit for 2 weeks; and it may have been sooner) picked up 10/29. 1)swr hems2 45 2) aac evo-40 3)aac prodigy 22lr 4) tac inov quest 22lr 5) swr triden-9 6)aac M-4 2000 223 7) aac M-4 2000 6.8 8) gemtech sandstorm 9) sabre def sbr 223 and waiting on gemtech oasis mark III and form 1 to do sbr sent in in sept. Unfortunately waiting on time to go out and try out the new toys!!!

fishback i believe was the examiner ; don't have papper work right at hand but thats his name or close to it

It is all about the examiner. My dealer just got a new examiner reviewing his paper work and has recieved paper back in as little as five to six weeks. Was averaging around 110 days with the previous examiner.

I sent my Form 4, for a can, to the ATF on 9-20-10, approved 10-13-10. It is for an individual, I thought that was fast.

Is there any way to request a certain examiner? Mine is as slow as molasses in -20 degree weather. I have had the same one for all I've sent in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any way to request a certain examiner? Mine is as slow as molasses in -20 degree weather. I have had the same one for all I've sent in. </div></div>

No. They are all assigned by the head of the NFA Branch examiners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent my Form 4, for a can, to the ATF on 9-20-10, approved 10-13-10. It is for an individual, I thought that was fast. </div></div>

Examiner name?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent my Form 4, for a can, to the ATF on 9-20-10, approved 10-13-10. It is for an individual, I thought that was fast. </div></div>
To call that fast is to call the Grand Canyon a ditch! Congrats.

Sent in 3 form 1s on sep 16. Just waiting patiently. I expect to start checking the mailbox every day in a few more weeks. I am ready to start building.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent my Form 4, for a can, to the ATF on 9-20-10, approved 10-13-10. It is for an individual, I thought that was fast. </div></div>
To call that fast is to call the Grand Canyon a ditch! Congrats. </div></div>

Yeah, really.

My F4 and trust paperwork went in on the last week of August. Check cashed the last week of September, still no idea what's going on.

ETA: Called just now:

Assigned to Examiner (Sandra Snook) on Nov. 2nd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent my Form 4, for a can, to the ATF on 9-20-10, approved 10-13-10. It is for an individual, I thought that was fast. </div></div>

Examiner name? </div></div>

Sussanne Santamaria.

I am sure you guys have all seen this but just in case...

NFA TRACKER

The examiners apparently are assigned by the first initial of your last name and or the first initial of your Dealers name.

If you input your info it updates the DATA under the reports tab so input as much accurate data as you have. This is not my site but it is a great way to quickly look at Examiners, and timelines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent my Form 4, for a can, to the ATF on 9-20-10, approved 10-13-10. It is for an individual, I thought that was fast. </div></div>
To call that fast is to call the Grand Canyon a ditch! Congrats. </div></div>

Yeah, really.

My F4 and trust paperwork went in on the last week of August. Check cashed the last week of September, still no idea what's going on.

ETA: Called just now:

Assigned to Examiner (Sandra Snook) on Nov. 2nd
</div></div>

Dont know how you mailed it but I had a simular issue but found out why. I mailed my paperwork and check and then monitored the checking account. 2 weeks went by with no check cashed. I mailed mine with tracking number. The post office lost it. They found it and it was 2 weeks late arriving. I had guarantee 2 day delivery so I got my money back from the post office but it was still 2 weeks late getting my paperwork thru. Make sure to get a tracking number.

I won't go into too much detail for sake of running my mouth (fingers) to no avail, but what it *sounds* like happened was that my paperwork showed up on time, it was assigned to the initial examiner in early October and the 1st examiner was too busy so it was re-assigned to S. Snook

Hopefully it's here by Christmas...

Just sent in 2 forms today. Would have sent in a 3rd one but could not get the suppressor I wanted. Will have to wait until my dealer can get it in stock. Hope the wait time will not be long. These are the first ones I have ever sent in.

Latest Suppressor Transfer
Form 4 mailed 10/07/2010
Form 4 delivered to ATF 10/11/2010
Check cleared 10/12/2010
Approved Form 4 back @ my Dealer 11/08/2010
Examiner - Santamaria

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MyGun1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Latest Suppressor Transfer
Form 4 mailed 10/07/2010
Form 4 delivered to ATF 10/11/2010
Check cleared 10/12/2010
Approved Form 4 back @ my Dealer 11/08/2010 </div></div>

I know this sounds like a prissy teenager but...

I hate you.

NFA Items: YHM Phantom .338 and Phantom 5.56
Form 4
Transfer Type: Individual
Forms Sent: 08-06-10
Check Cashed: 08-12-10
Pending: 09-10-10
Hold: Nov 10 for additional info, sent 12-29-10 (I may need to call more than once a month for updates, would not have known otherwise)
Approved:
Stamps Received:
Examiner: Chris

Still pending as of 12-29-10

NFA Items: AAC Cyclone Mod 08
Form 4
Forms Sent: 10-04-10
Check Cashed: 10-07-10
Pending:?
Approved: 10-27-10
Stamps Received: Still waiting
Examiner: ? (will update once I see the signature)

By far my fastest Form 4. I've been buying NFA since 2000 (MGs and more recently suppressors), my transfers through different dealers have generally averaged 70 days.

Craig in MO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 21Bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFA Items: AAC Cyclone Mod 08
Form 4

By far my fastest Form 4. I've been buying NFA since 2000 (MGs and more recently suppressors), my transfers through different dealers have generally averaged 70 days.

Craig in MO

Still pending as of 11-09-10

</div></div>
What am I missing here? Is it "still pending as of 11-09-10" or is it "Approved: 10-27-10"? Pending means it hasn't been approved yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: godawgsdv8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you go about getting a suppressor? </div></div>
Probably best not to hijack this thread with that question. If you look thru the posts here in the Suppressor secion and read the posts about suppressors you will find your answers. Your best bet is to go back and edit this post and remove the question from this particular post. If you dont do this, believe me you gonna get blasted for it. Just my "nice" advise.

I cut and pasted the previous poster's format. Sorry for the confusion the Pending info at the bottom of the post was left in error.

The first time I called they advised it was approved on 10-27-10 and I should contact my dealer to check to see if the approved form arrived. I told the ATF person on the phone I had just sent it on 10-04-10 and she said "It shows approved in the system". I didn't ask when it went pending.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 21Bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFA Items: AAC Cyclone Mod 08
Form 4

Craig in MO

Still pending as of 11-09-10

</div></div>
What am I missing here? Is it "still pending as of 11-09-10" or is it "Approved: 10-27-10"? Pending means it hasn't been approved yet. </div></div>

NFA Items: Elite Iron Bravo SD
Form 4
Transfer Type: Trust
Forms Sent: 11-1-10
Check Cashed: 11-8-10
Pending:
Approved:
Stamp Received:
Examiner: Santamaria (She handles all of my dealer's forms)

There have been several people reporting ultra-fast turnaround times this past week on other forums.

Unfortunately, my Form 4 is assigned to Snook, who historically seems to be one of the slower examiners.
frown.gif

Santamaria seems to be the rock star of the moment..

NFA Items: Gemtech G5
Form 4
Forms Sent: 10-13-10
Check Cashed:
Pending:11-3-10
Approved:
Stamp Received:
Examiner:Sandra Snook

Santamaria looks to be kicking some ass lately! I have gotten a few customers forms back ranging from the middle to late September. Now only if my own transfers would take that fast!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 21Bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cut and pasted the previous poster's format. Sorry for the confusion the Pending info at the bottom of the post was left in error.

The first time I called they advised it was approved on 10-27-10 and I should contact my dealer to check to see if the approved form arrived. I told the ATF person on the phone I had just sent it on 10-04-10 and she said "It shows approved in the system". I didn't ask when it went pending.
</div></div>

Super, thanks for the clarification, and CONGRATS. That was fast.... wish my two would get back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Santamaria looks to be kicking some ass lately! I have gotten a few customers forms back ranging from the middle to late September. Now only if my own transfers would take that fast!</div></div>

You should probably realize that she's reading this thread at work and giggling at the excitement of "those internet people" over silly paperwork.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrooperBrian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Santamaria looks to be kicking some ass lately! I have gotten a few customers forms back ranging from the middle to late September. Now only if my own transfers would take that fast!</div></div>

You should probably realize that she's reading this thread at work and giggling at the excitement of "those internet people" over silly paperwork. </div></div>More power to her, keep up the good work, haha!

Hopefully I'm getting close, pending as of 10/5, look like about 5 weeks from pending to approved lately...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TrooperBrian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Santamaria looks to be kicking some ass lately! I have gotten a few customers forms back ranging from the middle to late September. Now only if my own transfers would take that fast!</div></div>

You should probably realize that she's reading this thread at work and giggling at the excitement of "those internet people" over silly paperwork. </div></div>More power to her, keep up the good work, haha!

Hopefully I'm getting close, pending as of 10/5, look like about 5 weeks from pending to approved lately...</div></div>

Santamaria did mine, she was freaking fast. Many Thanks to her