• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TBAC Ultra 7 223CB, Silencershop Singleshot trust

Purchased: 4/21/2018
Paperwork submitted 5/3/2018
Check cashed: 5/22/2018
Stamp approved: 3/22/2019
Stamp and suppressor in hand: 4/2/2019

YHM Nitro 30

Corporation, includes permanent resident alien

Purchased: 21 Dec 2017
Tax Stamp Cashed on 11 Feb 2018
Form 3 Disposed to Dealer On 12 Feb 2018
Stamp approved: 1 April 2019
Stamp and suppressor in hand (day it arrived at the LGS): 6 April 2019

471 days since purchased
419 days since paperwork submitted

• Wow
Reactions: BootyLord
I just bought a Silencerco Salvo 12; not sure if I'll go Individual or F4 Trust, but I figure I won't see it until early 2020.

YHM Nitro 30

Corporation, includes permanent resident alien

Purchased: 21 Dec 2017
Tax Stamp Cashed on 11 Feb 2018
Form 3 Disposed to Dealer On 12 Feb 2018
Stamp approved: 1 April 2019
Stamp and suppressor in hand (day it arrived at the LGS): 6 April 2019

471 days since purchased
419 days since paperwork submitted

View attachment 7056394

I’m in the same time fram as you, check cashed on feb 13, still waiting on mine.

Reactions: shoobe01
Individual
Gemtech G5
Check cashed - May 13, 2018
ATF says they received - June 18, 2018
Approved - April 3, 2019
Waiting on stamp to arrive.
Stamp at LGS April 12th, 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: Holliday
Man this is depressing. I filed a form 4 as an individual last December. Gonna be a long wait....In other news though I had a efile form 1 approved in 7 business days a couple months ago.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
SilencerCo Omega 300 can
Form 4 paper trust submitted

Check cashed: 3 July 2018

Expecting it hopefully sometime in April!

Update: ATF mailed my dealer the Form 4 for a correction. I fixed it and sent it back out today. Hopefully that means it's almost done.

I called the ATF on 4/12/19 and asked about two suppressors purchased last year.

The examiner could not find one but told me that an error letter, concerning the serial number, had been sent to the dealer but was not answered:mad:

She was able to tell me that the approval on the other suppressor was "pending."

I asked her what that meant and the reply was that it was just "pending." I then asked her when the paperwork was submitted to the FBI for the background check and she said that she didn't know. She said that from now on, I can just check back on a month-to-month basis.

For the suppressor in question, she gave me a control number. I asked her if and when we got the correct serial number would I have to wait another year to get my suppressor? She told me no.

Now that's odd, she couldn't tell me when the paperwork was submitted to the FBI for the background check but could assure me that I would not have to wait another year for the suppressor in question.

After talking with the examiner, I called the dealer. The sales representative was not aware of the error letter.:mad: Nevertheless, I gave him the control number and name of the examiner I spoke with.

After an hour he called back to explain the situation.

He spoke with the examiner and a Research Assistant. Apparently someone from the dealership replied to the error letter with the correct serial number and that we are now waiting on the background check to be complete.

I sent one check for two tax stamps and it was cashed on 6/19/2018. To date that's 302 days.:)

Today 04.16.2019 marks exactly 15 months of waiting.

-Individual paper work for my 2nd suppressor submitted Dec 2nd, 2017.
-Check cashed 01.16.2018.
-Started calling the ATF's status hotline around 09.16.2018 and would always get the same old "pending background check". response.
-Around 11.16.2018 I called and give them a serial number 1 digit off and they couldn't find such item (which is good because that means they're actually searching something).
-Mid February 2019 called for status and they noticed it was longer than normal so the forwarded me to my ATF Examiner Nathan Hartsock. Left 2 voicemails, no return calls. I guessed his email address correctly and sent him an email. Got a reply 2 hours later "pending fbi background check".
-Today 04.16.2019 emailed Nathan Hartsock and he replies back with same old story "pending background check" and if I don't like it I am to contact my local state congressman or representative.

There you go folks. Gotta love them ATF and FBI folks.

My first suppressor in 2015/16 took 4 1/2 months.

Man, I'm glad I avoided this thread for a while. It makes me go from patient about my extended wait to agitated.

Paperwork submitted 2/28/18, check cashed sometime in March 2018 and still pending background check.

Man, I'm glad I avoided this thread for a while. It makes me go from patient about my extended wait to agitated.

Paperwork submitted 2/28/18, check cashed sometime in March 2018 and still pending background check.

Have you called 13046164500 for a status? Usually around the 13 month mark they'll forward you to your actual ATF Examiner aka administrative assistant.

Father-in-Law just got his. I don't have all the dates but....

TBAC TD-22
Purchased - 05/23/18
Check Cashed - ?????
Approved - 04/05/19
Form arrived - 04/15/19

Mine...

Osprey-45
Purchased - 06/02/18
Check Cashed - 06/29/18
Approved - 04/10/19
Form arrived - ?????

Update: ATF mailed my dealer the Form 4 for a correction. I fixed it and sent it back out today. Hopefully that means it's almost done.

I just completed a Form 4 with a correction. The form was approved three days after the ATF received the corrected Form 4. I mailed them the form 4, which was received on 3/22 and approved on 3/25.

Reactions: Sierra770
I did mine with a indivdual electronic form 4, checked cashed 8/17/18 and approved on 4/18/19. So just waiting on the call to go pick it up now.

Ono - Just curious, can you clarify how you did the ‘electronic form 4’?
Had gotten all excited that the ATF might have restored form 4 to the ‘eForms’ library but see it’s still not updated on ATF website.

Ono - Just curious, can you clarify how you did the ‘electronic form 4’?
Had gotten all excited that the ATF might have restored form 4 to the ‘eForms’ library but see it’s still not updated on ATF website.
All my info and product info was printed out on barcode stickers and scanned into there system by my dealer. Dont know if it was any faster or not but there wasnt any way of getting any info entered incorrectly.

Thanks for the clarification (checks on the most recent batch are a couple weeks behind yours) always looking for a more efficient method of dealing with a totally inefficient process.

Reactions: Ono
SilencerCo Omega 300 can
Form 4 paper trust submitted

Check cashed: 3 July 2018

They sent me the form for an error correction and I sent it back on 15 Apr.

Latest update: ATF said my Form 4 was approved on 22 April! Should be at the dealer soon!

Days from check cashed to approved: 293 days (including 8 days for them to mail me the error correction form and me mail it back)