• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

^thats the shit that chaps my ass, how the hell did you get a 6 month wait? An FFL at a range I went to last weekend mentioned that he can have them turned around in 10-11 months, is that possible from an FFL??
Chaps my ass too. That and the stuff about it depending which examiner's desk full of folders it sits on is utter BS too.

Apparently those assholes at the ATF have not learned the meaning of "first in, first out" and WTF are they doing in a pile on an examiner's desk. This ain't hard, have ONE FUCKING PILE IN CHRONO ORDER RECEIVED and when an examiner is ready for another file, they just take the one on top.

Same as my attitude about those jerk-offs pushing e-files out before they have worked off their incredibly incompetent back log of paper forms.

The ATF says all you need to know about government

f47e995a43b1d3ad7fb67fdf26e059fc16eea674a7404dff41106005db5a40c2_1.jpg

images

Last edited:
My purchase was Nov. 30 and thank god they held it in prep for efile. So it was in limbo until appx Jan. 19 when my SS account notified "ready to certify, contact your dealer". According to SS youtube I think last week were the first certifications. Mine also done on Fri. 21, so we'll see how close to 90 days we get.
E-files notification yesterday Approved-- 90 days on the mark!!!

TBAC Ultra 7 .30 CB

12/28/21 - Can Purchased/Kiosk Profile Completed

12/30/21 - eForm 4 Individual completed

12/31/21 - Tax stamp paid via SilencerShop

1/17/22 - Ready to Certify (eform 4)

1/22/22 - Certified/Submitted to ATF via Silencer Shop

4/26/2022 - Approved (94 days, not bad)

Called about 2 of mine purchased right at a year ago. Both still pending.

Broke down and paid for a new can to Efile

Dealer said some of his recents have come back in 2 weeks. 🤷🏽‍♂️

No rhyme, no reason

Email from BATFE came through this morning with the approved eForm 4 & Tax Stamp for my KGM 22 can.
Filed 1/21/2022 Approved 4/27/2022 for grand total 97 days

Reactions: waspocrew
Sitting at 6 months myself.... Looking at some of the prior post It might be well over a year before I get my can in. SMH!

Just called and checked on my 5th and final paper Form 4... Should be coming back anytime now... The next 2 will be eForms.

Dead Air Sandman-S MIL Contract (FDE)
SS Single-Shot Trust

Purchased: 5/5/2021
Cashed: 5/21/2021
Approved:
In-Hand:
Called earlier... Still pending... 😢

Here's a little hope. Sent in paperwork for two suppressors in mid-July. Both came back last week. So just about 9 months.

But I am a little pissed that the e-file ones are coming back so fast. Did another one a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, my SOT was having trouble doing e-file, so we ended up doing a paper one.☹️ So maybe this time next year?

Reactions: QS-1911
Here's a little hope. Sent in paperwork for two suppressors in mid-July. Both came back last week. So just about 9 months.

But I am a little pissed that the e-file ones are coming back so fast. Did another one a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, my SOT was having trouble doing e-file, so we ended up doing a paper one.☹️ So maybe this time next year?
Next week will be 1 year from purchase date for my final paper form 4 (can #5). Wish they’d just hurry the fuck up and approve it…. My next 2 will be eForms…Hoping for under 90.

Waiting on @SilencerShop right now to fix a couple of incorrectly listed selections in their drop-down menus, so I can then submit my eForm 4 for my Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S. When I get the money, I’ll start the Hydrogen-L papers. 👍🏼

Just called and checked again, only a 5 min wait (at least that’s speeding up). All 3 form4s are pending.
6 months wait on the last one but sitting at 403 days since the ATF cashed the checks on the other 2. At this point I’m expecting a coworker the efiled in March to get his before mine are approved. Anyone else over 13 months?

Reactions: Mrindecisive
I put a few in the hopper in August of 2021. Hoping to have some in hand by hunting season this fall, maybe...... Typical big Gov bullshit.

Reactions: FuhQ
The atf cashed my check April13 2021 called yesterday still pending

Coming up fast on a year for my two cans.
Still pending.
So...... I could a waited a year, efiled and got them back sooner???
Until I get approved, that may be a true statement.
Crock of shit is what it is.
I'm gonna have to cool down some before they get any more of my money.
Paid for incompetence.
Where else but the gov do you see this?

Reactions: RMB and FuhQ
Just got the approval email for my e-file single shot trust sandman S.
Certified 1/22/22
Approved 4/29/22

Reactions: kthomas
TBAC 338 ULTRA SR
Check cashed 3/12/21
Called about 3 weeks ago at essentially a year to the date since check cashed and still pending. Called again today, on hold for 38 minutes, and still pending. Coming up on a year and a month.....This is bullshit
Yikes! Yeah, mine was 11 months. Kinda getting old, but I’m guessing they are also short staffed.

According to silencer shop, someone got their EForm 4 approved in 7 days!

Opening mail and scanning in the paper forms is obviously very difficult for the mouth-breathers in West Virginia.

Reactions: Baron23
TBAC Ultra 7 .30 CB

12/28/21 - Can Purchased/Kiosk Profile Completed at Powered By Silencer Shop Dealer in AZ.
1/22/22 - Certified in person at dealer/Submitted to ATF via Silencer Shop
4/26/2022 - Approved (92 days, not bad)
4/30/2022 - Can picked up, rounds sent down range.

Everyone should be using eForms going forward IMHO. The extra $5 you have to pay Silencershop to do the paperwork is well worth it as well.

Surefire FA762SS

May 1, 2021 NFA packet mailed to ATF
May 5, 2021 Check cashed
April 20, 2022 Stamp Approved
May 2, 2022 Stamp at dealer
May 2, 2022 Picked up suppressor
Right at a year seems to be the norm as of late. I ordered on 30 Sep 2021, checked cashed on 26 Oct 2021 so I'm expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of beginning of November.

I got the atf pending email for a Hyperion K on 3/4/2022, a Helios QD Ti and dominus on 3/14/2022 and I’m ready to certify a magnus I should get that submitted this week. It’ll be interesting to see if I get a batch approval especially on the magnus since it’ll be submitted roughly 2 months after the others.

Bought a demo Gen 1 TBAC U7 last year around this time. Just an individual one, no trust. Check wasn’t cashed until July 12, 2021 by the atf. I was really hoping to have it in hand by my bday in June, but seems as though it’s crept back to 12-13 mos. I’ll update when approved. I’m at the 10 mos mark and now I’m getting impatient.

DeadAir Nomad L
TBAC .22LR L1
May 01 2021 submitted
May 11 2021 ATF received
May 12 2021 check cashed
April 14 2022 still pending
April 25 2022 approved
May 02 2022 stamp at dealer

I didn't waste any time picking them up.

supps.jpg

Although plans are for the TBAC to go on a .17HMR with thermal for a nite time critter gitter, it does an awesome job on the little Walther.
Brings sound down to pellet gun level.

supps tbac.jpg

Very happy with the Nomad on the .22-250AI, brings sound down to .22LR level.

supps nomad.jpg

Next will be searching the hide for supp cover suggestions.

And if the efile keeps improving.........might have to eat my words and send the ATF some more of my money🤑

Last edited:
Reactions: Lunchbox27
DeadAir Nomad L
TBAC .22LR L1
May 01 2021 submitted
May 11 2021 ATF received
May 12 2021 check cashed
April 14 2022 still pending
April 25 2022 approved
May 02 2022 stamp at dealer

I didn't waste any time picking them up.

View attachment 7861981

Although plans are for the TBAC to go on a .17HMR with thermal for a nite time critter gitter, it does an awesome job on the little Walther.
Brings sound down to pellet gun level.

View attachment 7862009

Very happy with the Nomad on the .22-250AI, brings sound down to .22LR level.

View attachment 7861959

Next will be searching the hide for supp cover suggestions.

And if the efile keeps improving.........might have to eat my words and send the ATF some more of my money🤑
Rifles Only Gear is the brand of covers I use (got them from the Dead Air website). For the Nomad-L you'll need a 8.39" cover. 👍🏼

Or, if you get it straight from their website (they're in stock), you'll need to choose an 8.5" model. The fitment will be super close, you'll never notice any difference versus the ones from Dead Air being 0.11" shorter. 👍🏼

If you measure the TBAC can, they might even make one that will fit it?

Last edited:
Reactions: sandhiller
TBAC Ultra 7 .30 CB

12/28/21 - Can Purchased/Kiosk Profile Completed at Powered By Silencer Shop Dealer in AZ.
1/22/22 - Certified in person at dealer/Submitted to ATF via Silencer Shop
4/26/2022 - Approved (92 days, not bad)
4/30/2022 - Can picked up, rounds sent down range.

Everyone should be using eForms going forward IMHO. The extra $5 you have to pay Silencershop to do the paperwork is well worth it as well.

I don’t understand that gap from 12/28/21 to 1/17/22 though. I bought a SilencerCo Sparrow at a local shop on 4/11 and had my CLEO paperwork in my email before I left the store. Had another can shipped to them last week, I went in the day they got it and once again left with my CLEO paperwork. No way I’d do the SilencerShop/SilencerCentral thing. Find a local SOT that is efiling and just have what you want shipped to them and cut a month off that time.

I just used Capitol Armory in Texas and they can ship directly to you after your stamp is approved because they are set as an FFL in my state of Georgia and in many other states too. They told me the FFL isn't a brick and mortar but it's on paper with the ATF so no form 3 wait times. I did a trust with them and can add as many items as I want in the future as they keep your prints on file. I also had them transfer 5 NFA items I have on individual to the trust. I rolled my own prints and mailed them to CA so you can buy a silencer now and never leave your home and have it delivered straight to your door. It was super easy and fast.

Reactions: KZP
I don’t understand that gap from 12/28/21 to 1/17/22 though. I bought a SilencerCo Sparrow at a local shop on 4/11 and had my CLEO paperwork in my email before I left the store. Had another can shipped to them last week, I went in the day they got it and once again left with my CLEO paperwork. No way I’d do the SilencerShop/SilencerCentral thing. Find a local SOT that is efiling and just have what you want shipped to them and cut a month off that time.
100%. The only reason to go SilencerShop is if you want the ease of a digital transaction or don't live near a shop doing eFile.

I had a serial number on my most recent purchase as of 4/5, it is now 5/6 and they have not yet submitted my eFile. I completed every step within an hour of being notified. They are slammed I am sure, but going this route does for sure add at least a month in my experience.

Reactions: KZP
I got a magnus submitted a couple days ago and it went a lot better then the previous 3 two months ago. The LGS I’m using has been using eforms since it opened back up and have had nothing come back yet.

Who is still waiting on an efile from January?

1/28 certified the efile

I know it’s early, waiting a year for my tbac can. I’m seeing e files pop in 90 days or less, but how many are still waiting? Trying to see what the “norm” for efile form 4 (trust) looks like

1/28 certified the efile

I know it’s early, waiting a year for my tbac can. I’m seeing e files pop in 90 days or less, but how many are still waiting? Trying to see what the “norm” for efile form 4 (trust) looks like
Every single one my lgs has filed so far which is quite a few. They haven’t got one back yet and have been efiling since January.

Reactions: Baron23
Every single one my lgs has filed so far which is quite a few. They haven’t got one back yet and have been efiling since January.
Cool I guess, I’m mainly curious because the efile times seem to be all over the place (7 days to pending over 100) and I wanted to confirm that 98 days still pending or whatever for an efile is perfectly normal

Cool I guess, I’m mainly curious because the efile times seem to be all over the place (7 days to pending over 100) and I wanted to confirm that 98 days still pending or whatever for an efile is perfectly normal
What’s cool about them not getting a single efile form 4 approved yet?

Well I’m at 107 and 103 days...not good...
Will be 110 and 106 by Monday

What’s cool about them not getting a single efile form 4 approved yet?
Nothing cool about it, the atf should be abolished and I should be able to buy a m240 and a suppressor at ace hardware without showing an ID because “shall not be infringed”

It was merely an expression,

Regrettably I’m hoping for end of May but won’t be surprised with August for my efile can

1/28 certified the efile

The shop I work at in Montana here has got 1 approved back so far, 4 disapproved, and 2 denied.... We have submitted about 225 since e-file opened up to us on January 13th.

Coming from the perspective behind the counter this SS system has the potential to be pretty great if they could work the constant kinks out of it. And trying to resolve an issue with a customers forms or account takes on average a week to get a response. And on the dealer side there isn't much help for them besides the "simple" videos SS has shared or waiting days upon weeks to hear back from them to get issues resolved.

The best thing I can say from being behind the counter during this sh!t show is try and be paitient, most shops, I would guess like we are, are trying to work through this process as best as possible. The system is not always cooperative and getting help isn't as instant as it was pre e-file. We have been on hold for 4 hours to just get a basic response of let me have so and so call you back.

Not Saturday it was earlier this week. Yes the atf and silencershop will send you a email