• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Permit/Control No: 20224844xx

5/9/2022
Eform 4 Trust

Approved 1/31/2023

267 days.
2 down, 1 to go. All 3 certified the same day.

Reactions: Bluedog82
Yeah I've had good experience with SS also and I've done a number of cans with them. My latest one is ready to certify I'm just trying to set it up with my dealer.
I've only ever had good experiences with Silencer Shop. I think most of these "bad experiences" are with shitty dealers that are trying to blame it on Silencer Shop. Every time I've submitted and then DocuSigned, my cans have been ready to certify within 24 hours, and my dealer is always johnny-on-the-spot about calling me to let me know that my can(s) are ready to Certify. Which is usually either the same day that I DocuSigned, or the following morning.

I think shitty dealers and technologically-retarded individuals have clusterfucked this new system making it seem like SS is to blame 100% of the time, when I'd venture to guess it's more like 10% of the time, and the other 90% being the dealers' fault.

Is silencer shop still down
That wasn't on SS's end... That on the ATF's end. Their payment system was fucked.

Typical government bureaucratic bullshit. They spend billions of tax payer money to make something as slow and shitty and remedial as possible, and claim it's "advanced". But in reality, it's slow as fuck, buggy, crashes all the time, and looks like it was made in 1995, and still uses floppy disks, because it was most-likely contracted out to some "buddy" that someone up high knows, or some DBE that doesn't get regular contracts because their work sucks, but gets .gov contracts because they're minority owned.

I deal with DBE's all the time in my line of work. They're essentially Affirmative Action contracts. More often than not, hiring a DBE simply because they're a DBE, and NOT because they're the most qualified company for the job, is essentially the job market equivalent of all the other kids voting for the special needs kid for Prom King/Queen, because they all feel sorry for them, not because they were the most deserving of the award.

Reactions: 30calDeath and jmw
I've only ever had good experiences with Silencer Shop. I think most of these "bad experiences" are with shitty dealers that are trying to blame it on Silencer Shop. Every time I've submitted and then DocuSigned, my cans have been ready to certify within 24 hours, and my dealer is always johnny-on-the-spot about calling me to let me know that my can(s) are ready to Certify. Which is usually either the same day that I DocuSigned, or the following morning.

I think shitty dealers and technologically-retarded individuals have clusterfucked this new system making it seem like SS is to blame 100% of the time, when I'd venture to guess it's more like 10% of the time, and the other 90% being the dealers' fault.
I'll say this. I agree with you except on two i am doing now. I did pick a shitty dealer (unknowingly) and it took 2 months to get that guy to do 2 form 4s. I walked him through the process. He finally got them done and submitted for review to SS on 1/19 to go through the full auto software. SS still hasn't sent me to docusigns nor have they responded to my several emails nor the DM I sent here yesterday at the time of this post.

I'm trying to be patient. I can handle if they say it could be weeks but the no answers bothers the fuck out of me. Im trying to be a patient individual so I won't call till Friday..

I'll say this. I agree with you except on two i am doing now. I did pick a shitty dealer (unknowingly) and it took 2 months to get that guy to do 2 form 4s. I walked him through the process. He finally got them done and submitted for review to SS on 1/19 to go through the full auto software. SS still hasn't sent me to docusigns nor have they responded to my several emails nor the DM I sent here yesterday at the time of this post.

I'm trying to be patient. I can handle if they say it could be weeks but the no answers bothers the fuck out of me. Im trying to be a patient individual so I won't call till Friday..
Call them…

Sometimes it's the ATF's fault as well. Mine took about 3 weeks to be ready to certfiy, which was due to the ATF taking a while to approve the form 3.

I keep checking my inbox every five min. for mine. 05/11/22 but nothing yet!
Yeah I have been doing that for mine on 5/7/2022.....

So I went back and looked at my form and i did the initial submission on 5/7 but I didn't certify it until 5/20/22... so that's probably why mine hasn't come yet..... oops

LUCKY! How did you get them 3 months before the certification date?!? Just picking man! :LOL:
I know people! --haha, changed to 2022

Tuff one was the Nomad 30 as I wasn't going to waste rifle ammo indoors at 25 yards. At least I could use the pistol as I waited.

Yeah I have been doing that for mine on 5/7/2022.....

So I went back and looked at my form and i did the initial submission on 5/7 but I didn't certify it until 5/20/22... so that's probably why mine hasn't come yet..... oops
Mine says submission 05/11/22 and has a control number.

Permit/Control No: 20224798xx
5/6/2022
Eform 4 Trust
Disapproved 1/31/2023 (DOB differs on forms) guessing something was fat fingered or transposed.
This right here makes my blood boil. In theory, someone could be stuck in a loop over the course of YEARS before they get their stuff. They should be able to clear up something like that quickly and easily. It's wrong on so many levels.

Still pending as of this morning. Looks like a lot of us in the early May timeframe got jumped over big time.

Permit/Control No: 20224844xx

5/9/2022
Eform

2/3/2023
Final approval of 3 certified the same day.

264 days #1
267 days #2
270 days #3 approval.

Reactions: FuhQ and jmw
I just started my first eForm4 with Capitol Armory yesterday, 2/3/23. Haven't certified yet since I had to mail a fingerprint card, but the can and stamp are paid for. Time to hurry up and wait.

It's pretty cool they can just ship directly to me once it's approved.

Reactions: davere
I just started my first eForm4 with Capitol Armory yesterday, 2/3/23. Haven't certified yet since I had to mail a fingerprint card, but the can and stamp are paid for. Time to hurry up and wait.

It's pretty cool they can just ship directly to me once it's approved.
How so? Everytime I've bought a can once the ATF has cleared me I've had to do the 4473 or whatever background check it is to take possession from the FFL.

Reactions: nikonNUT
How so? Everytime I've bought a can once the ATF has cleared me I've had to do the 4473 or whatever background check it is to take possession from the FFL.
They just keep the form, they don't do anything with it, so I suppose they could do that and then send it?

Unless, I misread their homepage, it appears that they can as long as the purchaser lives in one of the states they have listed, which WV is one. They state that no form3 is needed and that they handle the entire transaction from start to finish. I am assuming that they have an affiliated FFL in each of those states. I will call Monday to verify, but that's how it reads to me. There is a place to fill out an electronic 4473 on my profile page on their site, so perhaps that's e-signed once ATF approval happens. I also paid for shipping as well, so I'm pretty sure I read it correctly.

Worst case, I have to drive to their affiliated FFL to pick it up, which is fine too, I can be anywhere in the state in a few hours. Is anyone from Capitol Armory on this site?

From their site:

HOW DO WE HANDLE THE ENTIRE FILING PROCESS?

Capitol Armory is an established FFL and has been operating in Texas since 2008. Recently, we expanded into additional states, which allows us to control the entire process from purchase to delivery. If we have a location in your state, we can sell you the silencer/NFA item, process your electronic Form 4 via eForms, and deliver the NFA item directly to your residence upon ATF approval. There are no middlemen or other FFLs involved, which means no transfer fees and a reduction in your wait time for approval! With Capitol Armory, you have us as your sole point of contact for our expertise, professional support, and knowledge of the industry. Our proprietary software streamlines the NFA filing process and allows us to submit your electronic Form 4 quickly and accurately.

If you are a customer in Texas, Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, or Wyoming we have you covered from beginning to end. For all other states, don’t worry, we have FFLs pending and will be able to handle the entire process shortly.

Unless, I misread their homepage, it appears that they can as long as the purchaser lives in one of the states they have listed, which WV is one. They state that no form3 is needed and that they handle the entire transaction from start to finish. I am assuming that they have an affiliated FFL in each of those states. I will call Monday to verify, but that's how it reads to me. There is a place to fill out an electronic 4473 on my profile page on their site, so perhaps that's e-signed once ATF approval happens. I also paid for shipping as well, so I'm pretty sure I read it correctly.

Worst case, I have to drive to their affiliated FFL to pick it up, which is fine too, I can be anywhere in the state in a few hours. Is anyone from Capitol Armory on this site?

From their site:

HOW DO WE HANDLE THE ENTIRE FILING PROCESS?

Capitol Armory is an established FFL and has been operating in Texas since 2008. Recently, we expanded into additional states, which allows us to control the entire process from purchase to delivery. If we have a location in your state, we can sell you the silencer/NFA item, process your electronic Form 4 via eForms, and deliver the NFA item directly to your residence upon ATF approval. There are no middlemen or other FFLs involved, which means no transfer fees and a reduction in your wait time for approval! With Capitol Armory, you have us as your sole point of contact for our expertise, professional support, and knowledge of the industry. Our proprietary software streamlines the NFA filing process and allows us to submit your electronic Form 4 quickly and accurately.

If you are a customer in Texas, Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, or Wyoming we have you covered from beginning to end. For all other states, don’t worry, we have FFLs pending and will be able to handle the entire process shortly.
That's crazy but awesome to hear that.

Capital Armory is great to work with. I bought a suppressor from them the first time last September, sent the fingerprints right away and was certified in a week from time of purchase. I just put another suppressor in jail last month and they called the next day after purchase to certify since they had everything on file.

The one downside to the eform system is that it seems to have done away with the randomness of maybe getting into the right pile and a quick approval. I got lucky and my first can submitted in Nov ‘20 was 5 months. My second with eforms was like 8, and my current wait I’m expecting at least 8. No more hope of getting lucky it seems.

The one downside to the eform system is that it seems to have done away with the randomness of maybe getting into the right pile and a quick approval. I got lucky and my first can submitted in Nov ‘20 was 5 months. My second with eforms was like 8, and my current wait I’m expecting at least 8. No more hope of getting lucky it seems.
I’m not disagreeing or criticizing but am just struck by how much this post reminds me of movies like “Onward” where the characters live in a modern, rational world and pine for the old days of chaos, danger, and magic because the modern world is too predictable.

I'm sure it has been said in this thread already but in case it has not or anyone missed it, ATF announced that eForms 1 and 4 will be done by two different groups and "should" not slow down form 4 approvals..

We shall see..

• Haha
Reactions: rlsmith1 and FuhQ
I'm sure it has been said in this thread already but in case it has not or anyone missed it, ATF announced that eForms 1 and 4 will be done by two different groups and "should" not slow down form 4 approvals..

We shall see..
Had not heard this, but that is great info to know. Maybe this will eventually speed the eform 4’s back up close to 90…

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40