• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you are over 200 days then check your NICS status with the FBI. I finally checked and found my was on hold since April then quickly resolved after the inquiry. All forms were approved within a week after NICS cleared.

Form 1 Brace Rule - Individual - 152 days
KGM 556 - Individual - 167 days
KGM R22 - SS Trust - 277 days
KGM R30 - SS Trust - 284 days

I like seeing your individual time at 167 days. I’m at 165 on an individual. Perhaps they’re almost done infringing on my rights. Until next time of course.

If you are over 200 days then check your NICS status with the FBI. I finally checked and found my was on hold since April then quickly resolved after the inquiry. All forms were approved within a week after NICS cleared.

Hmmm. I better call then. Who did you call to check? I mean did you call atf first or a fbi number ?

Hmmm. I better call then. Who did you call to check? I mean did you call atf first or an fbi number ?
I emailed the ATF first then FBI but I would tell the everyone to start with the FBI as the NICS have to clear before the ATF can do anything. This is the hardest part, send a cordial email to [email protected] with your control number. May take a couple days to respond but they do. If you don’t receive the approval within a week or so then email [email protected] with you control number.

Well…I really manifested that into existence! 😂

Got a call about an hour ago that my Hydro-S 6.5mm stamp just came back. Checked the email, and sure enough, it was there. Won’t be able up pick it up today, but will grab it tomorrow on my way home from work, and post pics. 👍🏼

Otter Creek Labs - Hydrogen-S 6.5mm FDE
eForm 4 - Single Shot Trust
Submitted - 2/16/23
Approved - 9/28/23
223 Days

View attachment 8237477

Here’s a pic of it on its main home…My custom 700 5R Milspec .260 Rem.

View attachment 8237480
View attachment 8237481
Updated pics when I got it home after work…

IMG_1656.jpeg

IMG_1633.jpegIMG_1635.jpegIMG_1637.jpegIMG_1639.jpegIMG_1672.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Beefmanne
I purchased a TBAC Magnus on December 21, 2022. Form 4 (single shot) electronically submitted 1-30-2023. Still waiting.... Any recommendations or just keep sitting tight?

• Wow
Reactions: QS-1911

That's exactly what happened to me....found out I was on FBI NICS hold for 3 fucking months and no, there is zero contact info for ATF NICS transactions. Needed to engage my Senator's office. FBI fucking sucks.

How'd you get the FBI to finally move on your NICS check? If you are Declined, you can appeal. Delay...you have no formal inquiry/recourse process. Ooops, just saw your follow on post. Where did you find the [email protected] address? I couldn't find anything like that.

And I'm a former USAF officer, sec clearances both mil and civ, and zero criminal record.

So fuck the FBI...I applied for a UPIN, got it, and will use it for future transactions. We'll see what their miserable excuses for delays are after that.

Diligent Defense Enticer S Ti approved.
Filed on 3/7/23
Approved 9/30/23
207 days.

Went from 280+ days to 250 now down to 207. Have one more in time out (for now). Maybe moving in the right direction?

Reactions: jmw and QS-1911
That's exactly what happened to me....found out I was on FBI NICS hold for 3 fucking months and no, there is zero contact info for ATF NICS transactions. Needed to engage my Senator's office. FBI fucking sucks.

How'd you get the FBI to finally move on your NICS check? If you are Declined, you can appeal. Delay...you have no formal inquiry/recourse process. Ooops, just saw your follow on post. Where did you find the [email protected] address? I couldn't find anything like that.

And I'm a former USAF officer, sec clearances both mil and civ, and zero criminal record.

So fuck the FBI...I applied for a UPIN, got it, and will use it for future transactions. We'll see what their miserable excuses for delays are after that.
Saw it on the Reddit NFA page.

I emailed the ATF first then FBI but I would tell the everyone to start with the FBI as the NICS have to clear before the ATF can do anything. This is the hardest part, send a cordial email to [email protected] with your control number. May take a couple days to respond but they do. If you don’t receive the approval within a week or so then email [email protected] with you control number.
They did respond and told me that "all NTN's for my name have previously been resolved and submitted to ATF, you have nothing outstanding "

So, I guess I just need to wait before emailing the ATF and see if they come through ?

Saw the same post and emailed nicsliason on the 25th. Responded back within 2 hours "All NTNs for your name have previously been resolved and submitted to ATF. You currently have nothing outstanding"

So in a few days email [email protected] with my control number?
They did respond and told me that "all NTN's for my name have previously been resolved and submitted to ATF, you have nothing outstanding "

So, I guess I just need to wait before emailing the ATF and see if they come through ?

Did they tell you when it was completed?

From the ATF: "Now that your NICS check has been resolved your form(s) has moved into the processing queue and will be processed by the next available examiner in the order in which your form was received initially by the ATF. "

If you're over 200 days then it should be within a week.

Did they tell you when it was completed?

From the ATF: "Now that your NICS check has been resolved your form(s) has moved into the processing queue and will be processed by the next available examiner in the order in which your form was received initially by the ATF. "

If you're over 200 days then it should be within a week.
No, they just said "previously been resolved" and that I didn't have anything outstanding. It sounds like it wasn't recent. One of mine is over 200 days( about 226 ish so not much over), (2/15/23) and the other is only about 60 days. There's actually one more but i don't know what's going on with it. Long story at my buddies shop. I need to get him to loom into it.

Just worked thru this process with a customer whose wait for his RC2 went past 9 months. If you've been waiting for too long (whatever that means), then email that NICS liason (sic) email address with your name, date of birth, SS number, and birth state. According to the response my customer received, you do not need any info from the Form 4 such as the control number or can serial number as this information is not transmitted to the FBI as part of the NICS check.

He got two responses back in less 30 minutes - one that stated his NTN was "delayed" and is now "resolved", and another that said that "all NTNs for your name have previously been resolved and returned to the ATF". So now we really don't know what's going on with his application.

UPDATE: About 12 hours after my customer sent off an email to the NICS "liason", we got an email from the ATF this morning with his approved Form 4. The total wait time was approximately 275 days. God bless whomever in the NFA community figured out this puzzle.

Last edited:
I electronically filed on a trust for 3 pistols to SBR on the last day of the "amenesty". Nothing changed in the ATF website or the Silencer Central website for certification of the forms or any updates. The approved forms showed up out of the blue yesterday. Got to love government incompetence.

So last Saturday, I got the email from Silencer Shop that my two Form 4's were ready to certify. Unfortunately, I was in the backcountry of CO shooting Fall Colors. Got home on Monday, went to my FFL this morning and completed the certification...let the wait period officially commence!!!!!!

Can#1: Otter Creek Labs - Hydrogen L 7.62
Can#2: Rugged Obsidian 9

So last Saturday, I got the email from Silencer Shop that my two Form 4's were ready to certify. Unfortunately, I was in the backcountry of CO shooting Fall Colors. Got home on Monday, went to my FFL this morning and completed the certification...let the wait period officially commence!!!!!!

Can#1: Otter Creek Labs - Hydrogen L 7.62
Can#2: Rugged Obsidian 9
You’ll enjoy the Hydro-L. 👍🏼

Reactions: Beppo and USK308
Just worked thru this process with a customer whose wait for his RC2 went past 9 months. If you've been waiting for too long (whatever that means), then email that NICS liason (sic) email address with your name, date of birth, SS number, and birth state. According to the response my customer received, you do not need any info from the Form 4 such as the control number or can serial number as this information is not transmitted to the FBI as part of the NICS check.

He got two responses back in less 30 minutes - one that stated his NTN was "delayed" and is now "resolved", and another that said that "all NTNs for your name have previously been resolved and returned to the ATF". So now we really don't know what's going on with his application.

UPDATE: About 12 hours after my customer sent off an email to the NICS "liason", we got an email from the ATF this morning with his approved Form 4. The total wait time was approximately 275 days. God bless whomever in the NFA community figured out this puzzle.
And verify that email address is in fact “nicsliason” and not liaison?

Edit: confirmed yes, “nicsliason” is correct. Got a response in 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Thank you for this post. I reached out early this morning via email following your intructions, 6:20am, and received a reply at 8:20am. The reply stated that my NTN was delayed and has now been resolved. My updated status will be sumbitted to ATF in the next update. I don't know how long that means but it will be interesting to see how long it takes.

Thank you for this post. I reached out early this morning via email following your intructions, 6:20am, and received a reply at 8:20am. The reply stated that my NTN was delayed and has now been resolved. My updated status will be sumbitted to ATF in the next update. I don't know how long that means but it will be interesting to see how long it takes.

Means the FBI isn't sitting on it now. Now you're just waiting for the ATF to rubber stamp it

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23
I emailed it just for the hell of it. Got a reply saying there were no pending checks for me in NICS. I wonder at what point in the application process the does the info get submitted to the FBI. I’m about 30 days short of my last approval time.

I received the same response yesterday.

I emailed and got
All NTNs for your name have previously been resolved and submitted to ATF. You currently have nothing outstanding.
The last submission was 9/12/2023. So I then emailed the atf one addressed but got no response. I’ve got one in jail since march, and another since last Friday. Have they been doing batch approvals for anyone, like if you have more than one pending they approve all? The gun shop said they’ve seen it happen about 3 times in the last 6 months but don’t count on it.

I emailed and got
All NTNs for your name have previously been resolved and submitted to ATF. You currently have nothing outstanding.
The last submission was 9/12/2023. So I then emailed the atf one addressed but got no response. I’ve got one in jail since march, and another since last Friday. Have they been doing batch approvals for anyone, like if you have more than one pending they approve all? The gun shop said they’ve seen it happen about 3 times in the last 6 months but don’t count on it.

Anything is possible. But it is still the ATF we are talking about. Do not hold your breath for a batch approval.

Had 2 approved months apart while still having 6 others in jail...

I just got my paid Form1 approved last Monday morning from 2/2/23, 241 days! Waiting on my Spear now which I think is like 83 or 84 days.

I emailed it just for the hell of it. Got a reply saying there were no pending checks for me in NICS. I wonder at what point in the application process the does the info get submitted to the FBI. I’m about 30 days short of my last approval time.
I believe that it is called"pending" until the ATF gets it back from the FBI. I asked long ago and laughed at the thought that it was sitting around doing nothing until the very last minute, and then suddenly they got to work on it. But not having heard of the FBI email thing it seems things can be sped up and multiples arriving at the same time. That makes things seem to be looking up. At least we have options now.

Reactions: darkfader
I believe that it is called"pending" until the ATF gets it back from the FBI. I asked long ago and laughed at the thought that it was sitting around doing nothing until the very last minute, and then suddenly they got to work on it. But not having heard of the FBI email thing it seems things can be sped up and multiples arriving at the same time. That makes things seem to be looking up. At least we have options now.

Yep, I even called the NFA division last week but gave up after being on hold for 45 minutes. I guess I’m just waiting like usual. Getting anxious, that’s all.

-Certified 4/7 (Surefire Socom Mini 556), SS SST efile
-FBI NICS/NTN resolved and back to ATF, 5/29
-Crickets 140 days….
-Email to Senators/Congressman tomorrow

F’ing absurd…

Reactions: Capt45 and Baron23
-Crickets 140 days….

F’ing absurd…
Some of us have waited over 14 months for a can (paper forms)... I'd just chill and give it a little bit longer. Believe me, I understand the frustration...Been through it once or twice. 😉 I'm waiting on cans 10 & 11 right now. Should be any day.

-Crickets 140 days….

F’ing absurd…
You are sitting right at 186 days as of today (10-10). That is the time forward that I even begin to pay attention to a can in jail. Average times were running 270 days give or take. I've had one come back in 57 days and another 18 months. Not sure why you reached out to the FBI at 6 weeks but it did get sent back to the ATF so there is that. If you are counting days and 'sitting by the door' expecting the stamp anyday you are just going to get frustrated. Nameless faceless bureaucrats move at glacial speed. I hope you get the email tomorrow, but what if it doesn't appear for another 90-120 days.........

Purchased SC Omega 36M through Silencer Shop.
eForm 4 Individual
certified 12/07/2022
Still pending…SMDH 🙄
Hurry up and wait-hurry up and wait-hurry up and wait 🤨

Last edited:
Purchased SC Omega 36M through Silencer Shop.
eForm 4 Individual
certified 12/07/2022
Still pending…SMDH 🙄
Hurry up and wait-hurry up and wait-hurry up and wait 🤨
Email that NICS email people were posting a page or so back

You are sitting right at 186 days as of today (10-10). That is the time forward that I even begin to pay attention to a can in jail. Average times were running 270 days give or take. I've had one come back in 57 days and another 18 months. Not sure why you reached out to the FBI at 6 weeks but it did get sent back to the ATF so there is that. If you are counting days and 'sitting by the door' expecting the stamp anyday you are just going to get frustrated. Nameless faceless bureaucrats move at glacial speed. I hope you get the email tomorrow, but what if it doesn't appear for another 90-120 days.........
After reading this thread yesterday, I used the nicsliason email to check in to see if the most critical part of the process was completed. There was no contact at 6 weeks. My main issue is the “sitting” on a “security cleared” app for 4-5 months for zero reason other than politics or laziness. I feel for everyone who is going through this speedy efile process.