• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD
Re: Form 4 wait time

SBR
Form 4 - Individual
Forms sent: 3/17/11
MO Cashed: ??
Pending: 4/11/11
Approved: ?
Examiner: Christina Farris

NFA item: AAC Ti-Rant 9mm
Form type: Trust
Transfer type: Individual
Ordered from dealer: 10/1/10
Arrived to dealer: 3/1/11
Forms sent: 3/1/11
Check cashed:
Pending date: 4/27/11
Approved date: 7/19/11
Forms received:
Examiner name: Jason Frushour

Form sent - Approval: 141 days

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Form 1 - Suppressor, Trust
Date Mailed: 08 March
Received: 11 March
Check Cashed: <span style="font-weight: bold">17 March</span>
Pending: 05 April
Approved: <span style="font-weight: bold">19 July</span>
Forms in Hand: <span style="font-weight: bold">23 July</span>
Examiner: <span style="text-decoration: line-through">S. Snook</span> Reassigned to S. Jones
</div></div>

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">F1 Approved yesterday, should have the papers in hand sometime next week. </span>

Paperwork took only 4 days, I'm pretty stoked! CAD drawings are done, it's time to start making chips
laugh.gif

Form 4 - 4 Suppressors, Trust
Date Mailed: 5/10
Received: unk
Check Cashed: unk
Pending: 6/6
Approved: 7/19
Forms in Hand: TBA
Examiner: S. Snook

hope this is a sign of things to come from the NFA, Great turn around time...

FINALLY!!!!!

NFA Items: Johns Gun's .223
Transfer type: LLC
Forms sent: 3.15.11
Received:
Checks Cashed: 4.1.11
Pending: 4.8.11
Approved: 07.25.11
Stamp Received:
Examiner: Flanigan

NFA Items: Form 1
Forms sent: 3.15.11
Received:
Checks Cashed: 4.1.11
Pending: 4.8.11
Approved: 07.15.11
Stamp Received: 07.20.11
Examiner: Ann Feltner

Just Purchased a 30-P1

NFA Items: 30P1
Forms sent: 06.25.11
Received:
Checks Cashed: 06.30.11
Pending: July 12th
Approved:
Stamp Received:
Examiner:

Check cashed March 15, 2011. Examiner did not accept the quality of the finger print card. Sent new finger print card in June 15th or so. Picked the suppressor up yesterday.
March 15, 2011
to
July 26, 2011
It is what it is.

NFA Items: Form 4 (SUPPRESSOR)
Forms sent: 4.07.11
Received:
Checks Cashed: 4.12.11
Pending: 5.5.11
Approved:
Stamp Received: 08.08.11
Examiner: SANDRE SNOOK

Anyone else waiting 3.5 months for dealer to dealer transfer? I've got a check that was cashed 5/2/11 and my dealer still hasn't gotten product.
GRANTED, one was an Octane-9 and as I understand it, those have been delayed a bit, but I believe I was still on the list for the first shipment that arrived.
The 2nd was a SilencerCo Sparrow SS, that I was also in the first run on.

My dealer has said his transfers have been averaging 3-4 weeks, not 3-4 months.
I'll be having my dealer check the status tomorrow.

Breaking my cherry on nfa items!!

NFA Items: TBAC 30P-1
Transfer type: Trust
Forms sent: 08.10.11
Received: 08.12.11
Checks Cashed: 08.16.11
Pending: 08.22.11
Approved:
Stamp Received:
Examiner:

NFA Items: Silencerco Sparrow SS
Transfer type: Trust
Forms sent: 08.10.11
Received: 08.12.11
Checks Cashed: 08.16.11
Pending:08.22.11
Approved:
Stamp Received:
Examiner:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guntrustlawyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My last few transfers over the past year for suppressors and machine guns whether to dealers, individuals, trusts or corps. have almost uniformly run 4 months. Just get used to the wait!!!</div></div>I'm well aware of the wait for a Form 4. I've been in the suppressor game for about 3 years myself. But, when your dealer tells you that Form 3's are taking one month and not 4...I tend to believe him.

c_bass: I had the same issue... it was about 2.5 - 3 months for a dealer to dealer transfer.
Now I have to wait for my form 4 probably another 3-4 months....
From what I have been told, there are a larger than normal ammount of requests being set to the ATF. Who knows what the true deal is.. But its all a waiting game.

My first 4 form came back right at 3 months, second one hopefully will be back in a week or so (its been 3 months and some change) and I am hoping this latest one gets back before hunting season (mid Nov) but doesnt look good for the home team!!

TBAC 22L-1
Trust
Forms sent 5/13/11
Approved 7/13/11
William Shipman

Nice.....

I am sending my Four 4 in Tuesday for a 30p-1. I believe W.S. Is the guy who will get it.
The transfer... dealer to dealer took 18 days for me.

I am looking for input as to what you guy/gals are using for the "reason" on the application to purchase a supressor. My Class 3 Dealer has been using "Research and Development" as the reason for almost 4 years. When we had a change in CLEO at election time, the new CLEO, who was the former Chief Deputy and signed all of the forms, stopped signing them.

My Class 3 Dealer has since started doing Revocable Trusts for all customers, using R&D as the reason.

I received a phone call from my CLEO, of which I consider a close personal friend. He stated that he had attended a recent meeting, where the AG for the State stated that R&D was not legal to use for civilians, and should only be used for the military/government.

I am in the process of buying another supressor, and my Class 3 Dealer told me that the BATF had just returned an application as rejjected for using R&D. Looks like the AG has voiced his opionion to the BATF.

Are any of you folks running into issues using R&D, and what are you using successfully as the "Reason".

Thanks for your time and any input that you might give.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would guess any letters to that bunch of thieves will get them to notice they have not raised the cost in 70 years. Just my opinion I cant believe its only $200 I think its been that since the 1930s or 1940s right? PG</div></div>

No, not cheap! We shouldn't have to pay anything extra to own a "firearm"...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would guess any letters to that bunch of thieves will get them to notice they have not raised the cost in 70 years. Just my opinion I cant believe its only $200 I think its been that since the 1930s or 1940s right? PG</div></div>

No, not cheap! We shouldn't have to pay anything extra to own a "firearm"... </div></div>

I agree I would love to see no tax however with the way the thieves work I still think its cheap and I am trying to add what I want before they add to the cost. PGG

I also just checked my latest four items went pending July 20th. I will update when the happy day comes.

Sparrow on a trust.
Pending May 5th.
Approved ??
I just got the call from my dealer today. Ready to pick up.

I called 8-11-11 to check on the status and she said it was still pending. I highly doubt that it was approved friday and received today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For all legal and lawful uses.</div></div>

This is the one I use. Should cover just about everything

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the reason of purchase, I write "Enhance firearms collection". </div></div>
I write "to enhance the value of my trust". Hasnt failed anyway.

1. NFA Item:Surefire FA338ss suppressor
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Individual
4. Forms Sent: August 22,2011
5. Delivered: TBD
6. Money Order Cashed:TBD
7. Pending Date: TBD
8. Approved Date: TBD
9. Forms Received: TBD
10. Examiner: TBD

Hello all. I am still new to this forum but I will share a little.
7.62 can
Form 4 (no trust)
Check cashed May 2, 2011
Pending May 25, 2011
Examiner <span style="text-decoration: underline">Dana Pickels</span>
still waiting, this is BS.
Updated, Got my suppressor today. 9-1-2011 That makes this 4 months to the day (today is the first)
It works well.

556 can
Form for (no trust)
Check cashed July 18, 2011
Pending <span style="text-decoration: underline">August 4th</span>
Examiner <span style="text-decoration: underline">Sara Jones</span>
Obviously still waiting on that one.

Updated 8-25-2011
Updated 9-1-2011

NFA ITEM: COLT SP1
Dealer to Dealer transfer faxed to ATF 07/19/11
Approved 08/05/11
Transfer on Trust,
sent on 08/08/11.
Check cashed 08/23/11
Pending as of 09/02/11
Approved 02/09/12
IN MY HANDS... 02/16/12

Update: Contacted examiner today, was advised that there's no work on forms that came in after July 1st until the 4-5 month back log is cleared.

Silencerco Sparrow
Form 4 Trust
Forms sent: 4/5/11
Check cashed: 4/12/11
Stamp received: 8/8/11

AAC Titan Ti QD
Form 4 (no trust)
Check cashed 4/15/11
Pending 5/12/11
Examiner Nickie Dudash

Completed... Today!!
grin.gif

coivd.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigsky23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC Titan Ti QD
Form 4 (no trust)
Check cashed 4/15/11
Pending 5/12/11
Examiner Nickie Duchash

Completed... Today!!
grin.gif

coivd.jpg
</div></div>

Looks good on the table don't it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigsky23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Loading some subsonics to test and headed out. </div></div> GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, wish I was there!! what load did you start out with?

Just got back. Magic load 13 gr. Trail Boss, 210 Berger VLD, .004 off the lands, 1110 fps perfect circle with no keyholing, and groups sub MOA at 100 with my 16" 8 twist. Right On!!!

Wade

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigsky23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got back. Magic load 13 gr. Trail Boss, 210 Berger VLD, .004 off the lands, 1110 fps perfect circle with no keyholing, and groups sub MOA at 100 with my 16" 8 twist. Right On!!!

Wade </div></div>

wink.gif

call 304-616-4500

have your serial #

it will either be not processed yet an have no info in the computer or have it pending. Be sure to ask who it was assigned to, which examiner.
If it still is not in the system don't worry (yet) just make sure your item was delivered by checking USPS or FedEx tracking.

Just called about mine today and was told it is now up to a 5 month wait time!!!

Sent July 9
Check cashed July 19
Pending July 27

Hurry up and wait!!!

Not a suppressor, but a Form 1 SBR:

Mailed: 5/12/11
Delivered: 5/16/11
Cashed: 5/24/11
Pending: 6/13/11 but assigned to an examiner that left (Flanigan)
Approved: 8/26/11 by Ted Clutter (supervisor) after calling to check on it a week earlier and being transferred to Mr. Clutter's voicemail.
Received: 8/31/11

It seems no progress was being made since the pending date, and a new examiner wasn't assigned. At least Mr. Clutter took care of it promptly once I called!

As posted above, I called my examiner yesterday and was advised that there's a 4-5 month back log and if they didn't receive the form before July 1st, it won't be touched before the backlog is cleared.

FINALLY! Tomorrow was going to be 7 months on the nose...

Form 4 Trust, Suppressor

Mailed: 2/07/11
Delivered: 2/10/11
Cashed: 2/17/11
Pending: 5/16/11
Approved: 9/01/11
Received: 9/06/11 at my dealer, will be picking up on Friday.