• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Form 4 wait time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbransco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7 months! </div></div>

If I #$%^#$ around for 7 months with someones paperwork I would be fired! It's insane.

Took 1 week short of 5 months, Sent in on April 9, received on Sept 1st. I am an FFL with sub chapter S status. I don't get it??? Five months, really?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lank</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Took 1 week short of 5 months, Sent in on April 9, received on Sept 1st. I am an FFL with sub chapter S status. I don't get it??? Five months, really? </div></div>

They had to double check you out. In all reality they probably spend 15 min. total on it in the 5 months. Just sad. In reality that comment probably cost me another month.
smile.gif

1. NFA Item: TBAC suppressor
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Individual
4. Forms Sent: August 26,2011
5. Money Order Cashed:September 7, 2011
6. Pending Date: TBD
7. Approved Date: TBD
8. Forms Received: TBD
9. Examiner: <span style="text-decoration: line-through">William Shipman</span> May have switched hands

1. NFA Item: TBAC suppressor
4. Forms Sent: August 24,2011
5. Money Order Cashed:
6. Pending Date: TBD
7. Approved Date: TBD
8. Forms Received: TBD
9. Examiner: TBD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lank</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Took 1 week short of 5 months, Sent in on April 9, received on Sept 1st. I am an FFL with sub chapter S status. I don't get it??? Five months, really? </div></div>

Yeah, and the sad irony is, we PAY them to abuse us like this.

used to take 8 weeks like clockwork. Currently a few weeks shy of 5 months and I'm still waiting on two to come back. A third was just processed (Check cashed) for me so based on this last one I might have it back by Feb/March of next year.

I felt my wait was short.

Method: Trust
Sent: 03/25/2011
Received: 3/28/2011
Check cashed: 4/1/2011
Pending : 4/9/2011
Approved: 5/9/2011
Examiner: William Shipman
Tax Stamp Received: 6/7/2011

Wow! Glad to hear you had such a short turn around. I've got Shipman as well, so maybe I'll be as lucky as you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BLK7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, Hello waiters.

Day 1 for me.

1. NFA Item: Suppressor TBAC 30p-1
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: June 10, 2011
5. Delivered:
6. Check Cashed: June 14, 2011
7. Pending Date: June 29, 2011
8. Approved Date: TBD
9. Forms Received: TBD
10. Examiner: Nicki Dudash
BLK7 </div></div>

Update: Pending as of 6/29/11, Examiner Nicki Dudash

Anyone else currently have Dudash? Or just received a stamp with her as examiner. Looking to find out what the current backlog is for her. I'm currently at 72 days, so I still have a ways to go. Are we looking at 100-110 days currently or more. Thanks, BLK7

Looks like I was assigned to Dudash before the examiner reassignment by state. Any new transfers will go through Shipman if they haven't changed the assignment list I saw in another thread.

BLK7

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigsky23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1st time...15th time... no difference
frown.gif
</div></div>

This,,,

ATF has been slowin down as of late. Tranfers are taking longer now, at least mine are.
frown.gif

Sent 2 form 4's in the beginning of March. Went pending May 25th and still waiting.

I've had an SBR, AOW, Supressor, and another SBR en route since January of this year...

All on a trust, first was earlier this year (pre-shot show) and took about 5 weeks from check cashed to stamp in hand.

AOW took 4 months to the day, Supressor took 14 weeks, and still waiting on second SBR.

My NFA guy seems to think Remington's AAC acquisition and Shot show had something to do with the slowdown...

My latest a AWC 50 THOR Ti got to my SOT today! One more to add to the long pending list I have. Will send the papers and check Friday to the ATF I hope. I guess I will get it in Februaryish... Dang

i finally called about my form 4 on a suppressor this morning. the papers were sent off around april 7. it didn't go pending until july 5.

i ran across an individual that has one for sale and was wondering what would be the best type of transfer to do.

I had (2) F4s go pending 2 June, so would imagine to see them anytime now. Received my F1 back about a month ago that was sent out the same date.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krecon1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had (2) F4s go pending 2 June, so would imagine to see them anytime now. Received my F1 back about a month ago that was sent out the same date. </div></div>

Don't hold your breathe. I talked with my examiner this week and he was telling me how backlogged they are. And that the backlog has to clear before the new examiners take over the new positions assigned to them July 1.

1. NFA Item: Elite Iron Sierra
4. Forms Sent: September 13, 2011
5. Delivered: TBD
6. Check Cashed:TBD
7. Pending Date: TBD
8. Approved Date: TBD
10. Examiner: TBD

Have to say this process really kills any attempt at instant gratification.

Went pending June 8

Got a call this morning to come pick up my AAC 762SD!!
smile.gif

Now I just need my rifles back from the smith...
frown.gif

I have a form 1 that went pending June 3rd, still hasn't been approved. They are getting slower,,,
frown.gif

Mailed form 4's 7/28 (used a trust)
AAC 7.62SDN-6
SILENCERCO SS SPARROW
Checks cleared 9/7
Both pending as of <span style="color: #FF0000">9/15</span> (inspector Jason Bowers)
Received an email from Big Boy Armament on <span style="color: #FF0000">3/9/2012</span>... Stamps are ready to be picked up. I'm a thousand miles away working... Do I really need this job? <span style="color: #330000">[color:#FF0000]</span>

<span style="color: #330000">[color:#000000][color:#330000][color:#330000][color:#330000][color:#333333]Nice lady says 5 months from day pending, but also said 45 days from checks clearing to pending.
Called last week 1/6/2012 for sh!7$ and giggles now the nice lady says 6 months from pending date.

Isn't that majestic boys and girls!

Waiting gam</span>e continued[/color] ...[/color]<span style="color: #FF0000">[/color]GAME OV</span>ER!!!!![/color][/color][/color]

How are you guys obtaining the "pending date"? Are you calling in or are you notifed?

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trophyhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. NFA Item: Suppressor Tactical Solutions Cascade TI
4. Forms Sent: May 11, 2011
5. Delivered: May 14, 2011
6. Money Order Cashed: May 17, 2011
7. Pending Date: June 3, 2011
8. Approved Date: September 15,2011
10. Examiner: Dana Pickles

</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trophyhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. NFA Item: Suppressor Gemtech Tundra
4. Forms Sent: May 11, 2011
5. Delivered: May 14, 2011
6. Money Order Cashed: May 18, 2011
7. Pending Date: June 3, 2011
8. Approved Date: September 15,2011
10. Examiner: Dana Pickles </div></div>

update !!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbransco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How are you guys obtaining the "pending date"? Are you calling in or are you notifed?

Thanks!</div></div>

just called and got the great news from Robyn

304-616-4500
have serial # from can

NFA Item: AAC 762-SD
Form 4
Type: CLEO
Forms sent: 05/06/2011
Check Cashed: 05/12/2011
Pending:?
Approved:?
Stamp Received: 10/08/2011
Item in hand:
Examiner: Snook

09/20/2011- Got a call from the dealer. Paperwork was returned with an error.
09/23/2011- Error fixed and form mailed back in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: afd77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NFA Item: AAC 762-SD
Form 4
Forms sent: 05/06/2011
Check Cashed: 05/12/2011
Pending:
Approved:
Stamp Received:
Item in hand:
Examiner:

09/20/2011- Got a call from the dealer. Paperwork was returned with an error.

Awesome. </div></div>

I wouldn't sweat this too much. They sent my first Form 1 back with several errors on it. I fixed them, sent it back, and had the stamp maybe two weeks later. I think it goes right back to the examiner and they don't put it at the bottom of their pile.

Submitted form 4 for an AWC Thunder Trap (my first class III item) late May and still waiting. Kind of takes the fun out of it!

Have a SilencerCo Sparrow a month behind that one.

NFA Item: Thunderbeast 30p-1
Form 4
Forms sent: 08/24/11
Received : 08/26/11
Check cashed: As soon as they opened envelope.
smile.gif

Pending: 09/14/11
Approved:
Stamp Received:
Item in hand:
Examiner: Jason (Bower) Was hard to hear in the field, probably (Frushour) if I had to guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbransco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! Glad to hear you had such a short turn around. I've got Shipman as well, so maybe I'll be as lucky as you! </div></div>

Don't get your hopes up. Historically, Shipman isn't the speediest examiner.

He's my examiner as well and I'm approaching 5 months on a trust. This ain't my first rodeo with suppressors/sbr's on my trust.

NFA Item: AAC 762-SD
Form 4
Type: trust
Forms sent: 05/20/2011
Check Cashed: 06/14/2011
Pending:6/30/2011
Approved: na
Stamp Received:
Item in hand:
Examiner: snook

Sent the form in for an idividual transferon a suppressor on 8/3. It went pending 8/30. NFA advised me yesterday that they are now at approx. 5 months from pending to approval.

Not a suppressor, but I just went through the Form 4 process for an AOW here in SoCal. Took a month for the dealer to get the AOW in stock, then submitted the forms on April 21. Went pending on May 17, and finally approved Sept 15. Back to my dealer on Sept 22, so I'm now in the final 10 day stretch due to CA's waiting period. Strangely, I'm more impatient in this 10 day wait than I was waiting on the ATF ... must be the excitement knowing it will finally be in my hands.

What specifically makes them move a Form 4 to pending anyone know? Is this after a check clears and the confirm all the papers are there? Could it be after a back ground check but before its place in line for the papers etc? Just wondering. Thanks PG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dead-bird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Approved for my .500 Whisper can. Four months to the day...</div></div>

What can did you get? Have you shot it yet? PG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What specifically makes them move a Form 4 to pending anyone know? Is this after a check clears and the confirm all the papers are there? Could it be after a back ground check but before its place in line for the papers etc? Just wondering. Thanks PG </div></div>

From what I've been told, could be wrong.
Your Forms get checked in, checks deposited. (I was told that bad checks are very common.)
Then the info is entered for a request to do a backgound check.
The signature of the LEO is verifed, actually a LEO. (here is when it goes pending)
2-6 months later background checks come back
Then the info is checked for corrections needed or discrepancies.
Trust are checked for having basic info setup
if all checks out its APPROVED
after approved its mailed out within 4weeks to dealer

this was from a relative that works in the Georgia office and inquired for himself

His Form 4 took 3 months, go figure

Mine took 4 months to the day, Really, exactly 4 months from pending till i had it in my hand, Coinsodence or not?????????????????????doubt it.

Forget my bad spelling.

Form 4 on a trust

1) TBAC Thunderbeast 30P-1
Forms sent in: 5-2-11
check cashed: 5-6-11
Pending: 6-3-11
Approved: 9-23-11

2) SilencerCO Sparrow SS
Same dates as above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Form 4 on a trust

1) TBAC Thunderbeast 30P-1
Forms sent in: 5-2-11
check cashed: 5-6-11
Pending: 6-3-11
Approved: 9-23-11

2) SilencerCO Sparrow SS
Same dates as above. </div></div>

Wow, those are the exact same dates as my form 1. Only mine is still pending.
crazy.gif

I havn't bothered to make a trust yet though,,,

Two Form 4s' submitted on May 2. Picked up the suppressors on Sept. 26

9-27-2011the journey begins
10-3-2011 checks cashed
2-10-11. Stamps received

I called last friday and got the good news I was approved that day. It seems that they are putting them into groups. I got to talk to my examiner and he said he had just picked up that group and mine was the first he had to do. I guess it all just depends on where you fall and get put into a group. It sounded like he had a lot to approve daily and I guess they are really that backed up. I went pending June 8th and just got approved Sept 23rd. Still waiting on paperwork to get back but atleast the big part of the wait is over.