• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Former LEO gone crazy in SoCal

Re: Former LEO gone crazy in SoCal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From reading into this situation it seems that he is not insane.

Yes, he is killing people, but it seems as though he went about trying to 'do the right thing' and when they fucked him off, he became upset, but still he did not snap right then and there. He thought, and he planned, wrote an 8 page essay detailing what he was going to do, released it, and then he acted. That is not how an insane person reacts. Also, I would wager that sane people kill more than 'insane' people do.

He is in a personal war with the lapd, and while personal wars are not conventional, they are not rare. They don't always wind up with dead bodies, but a lot of times they do. Forget about everything .gov has said about warfare, as "THERE ARE NO RULES IN WAR!" You seek to destroy your enemy as quickly and ferociously as possible while minimizing damage, and while I really don't think he is doing a very good job, it is his. The fact that he targeted relatives of his enemy is nothing new in war either, so either read a book or STFU.

Now, I am not saying that I agree with the direction he has taken, but I do understand his reasoning. He reached the threshold of how much shit he will eat, before he put his spoon down, and lifted his fist. Every Man in the world has this point, and some may not know where that point is, but it is still there. If you do not contain this quality then you are not a Man.

I would take 100 men like him rather than 1 'insane mass school/church/mall shooter'. He is killing systematically, not very well, but it is not random killing. I don't hear anyone crying when gang members kill each other, or when cartels kill each other, and this is the same thing if what he said is true. Systematically destroying your enemy until they are no longer a threat.

The fact that the cops are shooting at truly, innocent people without cause is completely absurd, and yet I doubt they will be reprimanded by themselves, the city, the courts, or the people. That is 100% tyranny. Settling via a financial agreement does not negate this fact.

It's sad that so many people in Amerika today do not understand these points, and that my friends is another point of how far we have slipped away from our beginning.

Tyranny defined...

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken </span></span> </div></div>

I'm refreshed at the Intelliect of this post over the "this guy is bat shit crazy and is just killing people" play book. A sleeping giant appears to be stirring in his bed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northern50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh great. Now ABC (yeah I know...) is reporting this guy has a .50bmg that can "slice through police body armor"

But, But But, I thought .50 cal rifles were illegal in Ca unless registered before the ban...

Ugh, liberals make me sick. Now I know why I avoid the news as much as I can. </div></div>

But but but. You moron. The shooter reported that he did indeed have a .50 cal

Now I know why I avoid internet retards as much as I can.

This guy is no nut job. He's seriously gone over the deep end. But he's no common crazy.

He's a guy that got fucked with by people that thought there would be no payback.

Nothing says I hate you like killing your family.

Evidently the LAPD dicked with the wrong guy this time.

I understood his post as in "how he can have .50 if its not legal since ban" sarcastic in essence?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understood his post as in "how he can have .50 if its not legal since ban" sarcastic in essence? </div></div>

The sarcasm has to do with the magical idea, in the minds of hopeless idealists (read, naifs and the fatuous) that banning items makes them go *POOF* into unicorn farts and translucent pixie dust. It also has to do with the fact that the shooter, according to his manifesto, serially (most likely) established a sort of personal GmbH to take delivery outside the state of California on suppressors, short-barreled rifles, and apparently a .50 as well. In his manifesto he made light of the relative ease with which he managed the paperwork. Much has been made of the banning of .50 in California as it is a caliber worrisome to politicians and police brass alike because of its ability to defeat armor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the INTENT was to kill two old ladies. No jury would ever convict them of attempted murder because its just not there. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear. </div></div>

So when you point a gun at someone and shoot them several times what is it if it's not intent to kill?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the INTENT was to kill two old ladies. No jury would ever convict them of attempted murder because its just not there. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear. </div></div>

So when you point a gun at someone and shoot them several times what is it if it's not intent to kill? </div></div>

that would be 2nd degree murder. Not planned prior

The bungling police involved in that don't make much a case for the competence of LAPD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the INTENT was to kill two old ladies. No jury would ever convict them of attempted murder because its just not there. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear. </div></div>

So when you point a gun at someone and shoot them several times what is it if it's not intent to kill? </div></div>

Uh, protecting and serving?

yes, well i think there is some tongue in cheek as it started snowing last night up here in the mountains...
I think the guy is laying dead somewhere from a self inflicted head wound.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Much has been made of the banning of .50 in California as it is a caliber worrisome to politicians and police brass alike because of its ability to defeat armor. </div></div>
Speed and projo makeup is the key to defeating a barrier no matter what it is. That lesson was learned/taught to a M1 Abrams that was returned to AAD for study/repair. The hole was just a shade larger than a .22lr hole and went thru the turret, just above the ring.
They can ban everything they want, but there will always will be someone smart enough to step around the closed door and complete the task at hand.
Nothing is w/o a counter,... nothing.

Hammer and brains can also defeat armor, but as i read brains are already banned in California i guess next are hammers...

I've read few books on gun culture in US and as far as i can see it people in power know very well that things they are doing are not legal but since they hold power and since most of the people are spoiled to the point of apathy they slowly twist the knot around peoples neck.
A good analogy would be men of similar size standing in a pool of water and water is rising slowly, some go off immediately since they know whats coming, some go off when water reaches their nose, some decide to drown. The end result % of the three choices and timing result of average height
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A78063</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes, well i think there is some tongue in cheek as it started snowing last night up here in the mountains...
I think the guy is laying dead somewhere from a self inflicted head wound. </div></div>

I think your wrong. This guy isn't going down like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the INTENT was to kill two old ladies. No jury would ever convict them of attempted murder because its just not there. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear. </div></div> no intent to kill? sir please explain the 40+ bullet holes in that truck? oh no sir i wasn't tryin to kill em i was just trying to unload my shotgun into their skull

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From reading into this situation it seems that he is not insane.

Yes, he is killing people, but it seems as though he went about trying to 'do the right thing' and when they fucked him off, he became upset, but still he did not snap right then and there. He thought, and he planned, wrote an 8 page essay detailing what he was going to do, released it, and then he acted. That is not how an insane person reacts. Also, I would wager that sane people kill more than 'insane' people do.

He is in a personal war with the lapd, and while personal wars are not conventional, they are not rare. They don't always wind up with dead bodies, but a lot of times they do. Forget about everything .gov has said about warfare, as "THERE ARE NO RULES IN WAR!" You seek to destroy your enemy as quickly and ferociously as possible while minimizing damage, and while I really don't think he is doing a very good job, it is his. The fact that he targeted relatives of his enemy is nothing new in war either, so either read a book or STFU.

Now, I am not saying that I agree with the direction he has taken, but I do understand his reasoning. He reached the threshold of how much shit he will eat, before he put his spoon down, and lifted his fist. Every Man in the world has this point, and some may not know where that point is, but it is still there. If you do not contain this quality then you are not a Man.

I would take 100 men like him rather than 1 'insane mass school/church/mall shooter'. He is killing systematically, not very well, but it is not random killing. I don't hear anyone crying when gang members kill each other, or when cartels kill each other, and this is the same thing if what he said is true. Systematically destroying your enemy until they are no longer a threat.

The fact that the cops are shooting at truly, innocent people without cause is completely absurd, and yet I doubt they will be reprimanded by themselves, the city, the courts, or the people. That is 100% tyranny. Settling via a financial agreement does not negate this fact.

It's sad that so many people in Amerika today do not understand these points, and that my friends is another point of how far we have slipped away from our beginning.

Tyranny defined...

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken </span></span> </div></div>

Well said.

I love how the media is portraying him as a cop killer, this former military officer, former police officer. There's a lot of lowest common denominators running public works. The media should just call him public servant, Chris Dorner.

I'll wait for the facts if they are ever published before labeling him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll wait for the facts if they are ever published before labeling him.</div></div>

Agreed

They are calling him a cop killer because the shoe appears to fit. As far as his accounts, they are from a man who killed the daughter of his former lawyer that apparently pissed him off.......

I will wait to see how this plays out. I would imagine the truth will l be somewhere in the middle. Until then, fortunately I'm not DUMB enough to take the word of a killer.

Side note, i find it very amusing that in his manifesto he praises libtards for their movement toward an awb shortly followed by a shoutout to a bunch of celebs on his bucket list he wants to bang.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the guy is laying dead somewhere from a self inflicted head wound.</div></div>

I think so too. He is probably in some secluded area missing the top half of his head. Probably laughed about lapd freaking out until his body is found.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He would get more bang for his buck if he would tag a 500KV or better transformer that has a year or more lead time. If your going for broke, go all the way. </div></div>

Agreed that this would definitely be an effective way to quickly create some general terror and mayhem, but this dude seems to have begun his rampage with a fair amount of focus. That's probably good for the public, because he could have made a larger mess of things by starting his campaign with some moves intended to create distraction and fear.

It seems as these circumstances are pretty common...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLsPBuHgkts"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLsPBuHgkts" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I'd like to see a 75 year old Big Bear City resident take down this murderer with a legally owned, pre-ban and registered AR-15 with high-cap mags full of 50gr Varmint Grenade bullets. All caught on HD video while trying to actively defend themselves against a home invasion, car jacking, etc.

News at 11.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems as these circumstances are pretty common...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLsPBuHgkts"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLsPBuHgkts" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

I'm wondering how many of us here would stand and watch our kids being beaten by a couple of thugs in uniform? The brazen attitude here just makes me sick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akrapovic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll wait for the facts if they are ever published before labeling him.</div></div>

Side note, i find it very amusing that in his manifesto he praises libtards for their movement toward an awb shortly followed by a shoutout to a bunch of celebs on his bucket list he wants to bang. </div></div>

I'm not seeing that. I'm I missing something?

http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/read-christopher-dorners-so-called-manifesto/#axzz2KTC79aBK

Maybe it was part of his facebook page, but I don't see any of that in the manifesto.

I don't think anyone can improve or sum up better what Ballistic has said. I fully endorse what he has written.

I will add, keeping what has been said already in mind. There are many ways to kill a man and there are worse things than death. A man can be killed, while being treated to smiles and handshakes. A man can have evrything that he is,taken from him without breaking any discernable law, nor laying a physical finger on his person.
It happens every day in this world. Frankly I am surprised that people aren't going "apeshit" more than they do.
If you strip a man down and leave him nothing to live for, don't be surprised when he strangles you with his small intestines.

Yes I think he is a criminal but so are many who sit in high places and destroy people on a word.

There but for the grace of God go I.

Here you go. This is the full bull. http://wap.myfoxla.com/w/main/story/84473837/?sp=1
The guy is flat ass cookoo. He starts out in full conspiracy that makes you go hmmm. Then he goes full crazy. He was down here on the base and tried to hijack a boat to go to Mexico but it didn't work out. One of the guys I work with knew him. Was in the military with him. Monday I am going to ask him how much he knew about him but from what I was told he though he was nutty.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TwoGun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akrapovic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll wait for the facts if they are ever published before labeling him.</div></div>

Side note, i find it very amusing that in his manifesto he praises libtards for their movement toward an awb shortly followed by a shoutout to a bunch of celebs on his bucket list he wants to bang. </div></div>

I'm not seeing that. I'm I missing something?

http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/read-christopher-dorners-so-called-manifesto/#axzz2KTC79aBK

Maybe it was part of his facebook page, but I don't see any of that in the manifesto.</div></div>

Thank you, sir. It's interesting rambling -- anger, depression, delusion of grandeur and a reflection of what he'll be missing once he's dead (a resolved realization). It's apparent he believes suppressors are dangerous even though they can be bought over the counter in Great Britain so he's not totally informed. Seems to be a bit of regurgitation from political heros. Not any nuttier than what comes from the left in general.

I wonder what he's using to kill his enemies. I suspect it's not a shotgun or muzzle loader, hypocrite.

It's clear football is the problem. Good for him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think anyone can improve or sum up better what Ballistic has said. I fully endorse what he has written.

I will add, keeping what has been said already in mind. There are many ways to kill a man and there are worse things than death. A man can be killed, while being treated to smiles and handshakes. A man can have everything that he is,taken from him without breaking any discernable law, nor laying a physical finger on his person.
It happens every day in this world. Frankly I am surprised that people aren't going "apeshit" more than they do.
If you strip a man down and leave him nothing to live for, don't be surprised when he strangles you with his small intestines.

Yes I think he is a criminal but so are many who sit in high places and destroy people on a word.

There but for the grace of God go I.</div></div>

Worse yet it happens in this country every day.

Homeless guy walks in a liquor store in some metro city USA (yep, land of the free, you betcha), snags fifty bucks worth of liquor, cops come, knock him down, smack him around, push his cart over and throw him in the pokey until he can see the judge.

John Corzine, piece of shit motherfucker that he is, steals what is looking to be like over TWO BILLION in 'segregated' customer funds, which by all accounts would be ten to twenty in fedpen and restitution, isn't even in front of the SEC, or any thing even related to a criminal prosecution.

He'll walk the fuck away scot free, because of his ties to not only the US Senate, but the funding arms of damn near every filthy motherfucker in that formerly august body, Goldman (oh dear God could every one of you die in a fiery plane crash soon) Sacks.

We now have a nation of men, not laws.

And Janis said it best, 'Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose'.

I don't think for a minute this guy popped one off in his head.

Funny to hear the right wing echo chamber pick and choose words out of his 'paper', but skim right over the root of it all, why he's so fucking mad in the first place.

Denninger sails one over the fence in his writeup, covers nearly every base of this shitstorm....

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=217285

sean

Wow! That's all I can say after reading some of these posts.... There seems to be a whole lot of crazy in here and its not just the nut who has shot two cops killing one that had also killed the daughter of the man who DEFENDED him at hid hearing....

And we wonder why the media portrays gun owners as nut jobs. One look in here would convince any liberal its true.

None of you were there for his hearing. None of you know if his termination was because of something deeper then blowing the whistle. None of you were there when officers opened up on the vehicle so you can't confirm what the actions of the people in the car were..... This is a fucked up situation all around and nobody is winning here not him not the cops.

I also don't by his BS guys don't get fired for ratting someone out there has to be more to it.... Modern departments are so liability minded they will gladly charge and or fire officers when others officers and citizens make complaints. The corruption is mostly a Hollywood myth and is far from the norm in any department.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COLOSHOOTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! That's all I can say after reading some of these posts.... There seems to be a whole lot of crazy in here and its not just the nut who has shot two cops killing one that had also killed the daughter of the man who DEFENDED him at hid hearing....

And we wonder why the media portrays gun owners as nut jobs. One look in here would convince any liberal its true.

None of you were there for his hearing. None of you know if his termination was because of something deeper then blowing the whistle. None of you were there when officers opened up on the vehicle so you can't confirm what the actions of the people in the car were..... This is a fucked up situation all around and nobody is winning here not him not the cops.

I also don't by his BS guys don't get fired for ratting someone out there has to be more to it.... Modern departments are so liability minded they will gladly charge and or fire officers when others officers and citizens make complaints. <span style="color: #CC0000"> The corruption is mostly a Hollywood myth and is far from the norm in any department</span> . </div></div>

This statement belongs in socially unacceptable humor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COLOSHOOTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! That's all I can say after reading some of these posts.... There seems to be a whole lot of crazy in here and its not just the nut who has shot two cops killing one that had also killed the daughter of the man who DEFENDED him at hid hearing....

I also don't by his BS guys don't get fired for ratting someone out there has to be more to it.... Modern departments are so liability minded they will gladly charge and or fire officers when others officers and citizens make complaints. The corruption is mostly a Hollywood myth and is far from the norm in any department. </div></div>

Oh ok! Thanks for the insider report on how the real world goes down and with this case in particular. Even if we were to simply look at the fact that the LAPD engaged a vehicle with deadly force that obviously contained two women uninvolved in this particular incident with INTENT to kill them, that's enough for me to pass judgement on these fuckin idiots. When you raise a weapon and fire it at another human being your intent must always be to kill them. Is that not what we've all been trained? So, just what would have justified this to you? Chucking a newspaper at em' or could it be they had no fuckin clue why LA's not so finest had weapons drawn on them and they did not comply with their commands in a timely fashion?

I don't know the whole story by I know enough by this incident alone that something is broken in that organization.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think anyone can improve or sum up better what Ballistic has said. I fully endorse what he has written.

I will add, keeping what has been said already in mind. There are many ways to kill a man and there are worse things than death. A man can be killed, while being treated to smiles and handshakes. A man can have evrything that he is,taken from him without breaking any discernable law, nor laying a physical finger on his person.

There but for the grace of God go I. </div></div>

agreed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch Engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know the whole story by I know enough by this incident alone that something is broken in that organization.</div></div>

Not just them but the country as a whole. As our friend across the pond pointed out, the Internet has brought to light what has been going on in this country for such a long time, to the forefront.
Is it fair the rules only apply to some people and not others? Many are at the cliff looking down and change is there all right.
Is it fair to pass new laws that allow stealing from me, to pay bills others have run up. If you don't work, have never been a food/table provider, why should they get to vote on how the pot is divided?

Takers vs Providers vs those who live under a different set of rules, is why some are thinking,...why the fuck not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch Engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know the whole story by I know enough by this incident alone that something is broken in that organization.</div></div>

Not just them but the country as a whole. As our friend across the pond pointed out, the Internet has brought to light what has been going on in this country for such a long time, to the forefront.
Is it fair the rules only apply to some people and not others? Many are at the cliff looking down and change is there all right.
Is it fair to pass new laws that allow stealing from me, to pay bills others have run up. If you don't work, have never been a food/table provider, why should they get to vote on how the pot is divided?

Takers vs Providers vs those who live under a different set of rules, is why some are thinking,...why the fuck not.
</div></div>

Indeed it is....just-us not justice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The corruption is mostly a Hollywood myth and is far from the norm in any department.</div></div>

I wonder (seriously really) does it hurt a lot when your brain try (and obviously manage) to override what your eyes see?

I think the point here is not really whether this person is really a cookoo or to what extent but whether or not the entire LAPD is cookoo also for shooting up people (or just color blind and scared to the bone) at random. And i would imagine you would also be concerned if it comes out that LAPD norm is cookoo i know i'd be pretty damned concerned if our local cops were cookoo or they would display just a hint of cookooisness
smile.gif

Its amazing that we hold men in the battle in foreign lands far more accountable for their use of force than the ones who police us. At least people are starting to understand the danger in that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its amazing that we hold men in the battle in foreign lands far more accountable for their use of force than the ones who police us. At least people are starting to understand the danger in that. </div></div>

The same military that shoots their own on accident then covers it up. The same military that told my friend bad things happen in war so get over it when he shot an unarmed mother because he was a little jumpy from previous attacks.... He feels worse about it then anyone in his command did and its torn him up inside. The military is king of cover ups and they only sacrifice one of their own when it is for a political or monetary gain.

Sounds a lot like everyone on here's version of the LAPD guess its not so different after all... Give a group of people guns an they all run wild and do as they please...

I stand by what I said because I saw it first hand, to the point where I know for a fact we lost hundreds of men in Iraq for fear of collateral damage. Hell
you can't even really utilize CAS these days because the generals are more scared of cnn than unit casualties. I don't want want to make this a military vs law enforcement debate. It shouldn't be, since wrongdoing is wrongdoing no matter who does it. The fact remains that there should be a huge difference between actions taken in the context of war and that of law enforcement. If the LAPD or any law enforcment does something that a marine in fallujah could get in trouble for, then they are way way out of line because there is a world of difference in job descriptions. It's ironic and tragic at the same time. We are converting our military into law enforcement and our law enforcement into military. We shouldn't be surprised at the predictable and undesirable results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its amazing that we hold men in the battle in foreign lands far more accountable for their use of force than the ones who police us. At least people are starting to understand the danger in that. </div></div>

WOW- what a TRUE statement, sad but true!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackrifle1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its amazing that we hold men in the battle in foreign lands far more accountable for their use of force than the ones who police us. At least people are starting to understand the danger in that. </div></div>

WOW- what a TRUE statement, sad but true! </div></div>

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/20...ources-say.html

<span style="font-weight: bold">Police Gangs in L.A.:</span>

Seven deputies from within the Los Angeles County sheriff’s gang unit have been placed on leave on suspicion that they belonged to a secret clique that celebrated shootings and branded its members with matching tattoos, sources confirmed.

The move is a sign of the intensifying nature of the probe of the “Jump Out Boys.” Suspicion about the group's existence was sparked several weeks ago when a supervisor discovered a pamphlet describing the group's creed, which promoted aggressive policing and portrayed officer shootings in a positive light.

Days after The Times reported on the discovery of the pamphlet, the captain of the division gathered his deputies for a private briefing, during which he told them that they had shamed the department by forming the group and urged those responsible to identify themselves, a source with knowledge of the unit's inner workings said.

At some point, one deputy came forward, and named six others, the source said. All seven were placed on leave with pay sometime this week, sources said. The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity because the case was ongoing.

Internal affairs investigators are trying to determine whether the deputies violated Sheriff's Department rules or committed serious misconduct.

The deputies under scrutiny have all worked on the Gang Enforcement Team, a unit divided into two platoons of relatively autonomous deputies who target neighborhoods where gang violence is high, locate armed gang members and take their guns away.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Investigators are looking at whether they sported matching tattoos, the suspected design of which was obtained by The Times and confirmed by two sources: it includes an oversized skull with a wide, toothy grimace and glowing red eyes. A bandanna is wrapped around the skull, imprinted with the letters "OSS" -- representing Operation Safe Streets, the name of the larger unit that the Gang Enforcement Team is part of. A bony hand clasps a revolver. Investigators suspect that smoke might be tattooed over the gun's barrel after a member is involved in a shooting.

One source compared the notion of modifying the tattoo after a shooting to a celebratory "high five."

Sources say though that despite the disturbing allegations, there is currently not any evidence that the men were involved in improper shootings, or other misconduct. Still the revelations have heightened concerns. What investigators are most concerned about with the Jump Out Boys isn't the alleged matching tattoos, but the suspected admiration they show for officer-involved shootings, which are expected to be events of last resort.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">The department has been grappling with unsanctioned cliques in its ranks for decades. Last year, the department fired a half-dozen deputies who worked on the third, or "3000," floor of Men's Central Jail after the group fought two fellow deputies at an employee Christmas party and allegedly punched a female deputy in the face.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Sheriff's officials later said the men had formed an aggressive "3000" clique that used gang-like three-finger hand signs. A former top jail commander told The Times that jailers would "earn their ink" by breaking inmates' bones.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">The Jump Out Boys, sources said, was a name coined by Compton-area gang members alluding to how quickly deputies from the unit would jump out of patrol vehicles to stop them.

One source with knowledge of the inner workings of the division said the deputies placed on leave this week consist of current and former Gang Enforcement Team members.</span>

Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore confirmed that seven deputies were placed on leave, but declined to discuss the details of the probe. "We took the appropriate action and we will continue to take the appropriate action," he said. "It's still early in the investigation."

Whitmore said placing so many deputies on leave over one incident hasn't happened since the 2010 Christmas party fight involving the "3000" deputies. He said the action is one of the largest mass leaves instituted by the department in its history.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmc02xx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This may not be a popular thing to say, but maybe hes right. Maybe more people should stand up and resist authority when the authority is morally corrupt. </div></div>

Are you nuts? More people should go around killing the uninvolved and innocent children/acquaintances of the people they are mad at?

This ex-cop is a F-ing loser, and quite clearly a psychopath (and he was barely a cop before he got himself in trouble). He clearly couldn't hack it on the job, and was fired because of that. In modern police departments (which includes LAPD, where some of my friends have worked), whistleblowers on legitimate brutality cases aren't fired for bringing that information to light. This guy was fired because he was delusional.

Look, plenty of my friends have been crapped on by my department, and some of them have been fired when they shouldn't have been. But, you're advocating pretty much pure lunacy in this thread. This A-hole went out and shot the daughter of an officer who tried to represent HIM in the disciplinary hearings (along with her boyfriend/fiance), merely because he didn't feel that this officer properly represented HIS interests.

Seriously, doesn't that just sound a little delusional, crazy, psychotic, and unbalanced to you???

Saying this man was an honest, law abiding citizen before. And all accounts point to that being true.

I think we can all agree that the chances of a low life, loser, lying dirtbag attaining the rank of lieutenant in the navy and becoming a patrolman through the lapd are slim (though yes, it could happen).

This was someone that prior to this would have been called a man of honor or a patriot.

You take everything that man has. And shit like this happens.

Is that surprising? It it even so ridiculously outlandish that no one can comprehend it?

What he is doing isn't right...................But I understand.

Wheres Feinstein or what ever that stupid B**** name, make sure LE isnt aloud to have any Semi-autos!!

I'm not going to delve into anyone being right or wrong because his actions are simply wrong. However the LAPD is really trying to just kill this man and it's quite evident he could not surrender if he wanted to do so. They are out to kill him and just shooting blindly and wildly at anything that might be him. I wonder what "OTHER" stories they will make up and blame him for after they kill him? Shooting at the old ladies proves they will kill him, but of course I'm sure they story will reflect that they had to, just as they had to shoot the old ladies right?

Tyranny defined...

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cmonroe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not going to delve into anyone being right or wrong because his actions are simply wrong. However the LAPD is really trying to just kill this man and it's quite evident he could not surrender if he wanted to do so. They are out to kill him and just shooting blindly and wildly at anything that might be him. I wonder what "OTHER" stories they will make up and blame him for after they kill him? Shooting at the old ladies proves they will kill him, but of course I'm sure they story will reflect that they had to, just as they had to shoot the old ladies right? </div></div>

I'm not trying to explain away any questionable shootings that took place during this search, but I wouldn't agree that this guy "could not surrender if he wanted to do so". Remember that the shooting with the old ladies involved something like two officers in a 10,000 officer department.

I'm not saying that a bunch of guys wouldn't be happy to plant this turd, but he could still go alive if he chose to. If he wanted to do so, here's a plan for him:

1) Call the media announcing his intention to surrender.
2) Call the police and tell them that he is surrendering.
3) Don't give any of them any reason to believe that he is going to do anything other than being fully compliant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coloradocop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
3) Don't give any of them any reason to believe that he is going to do anything other than being fully compliant. </div></div>
Yeah, kinda like the two ladies in the Toyota!