• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Forward Controls Design reciever owners.. need opinions

joshdg09

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
louisiana
Just got this in. Notice the gap/overlap in the fit between the upper and lower. Is this normal ? I've got $85 psa reciever sets that fit like Halle Berry.. I didn't expect this from a $500 set !
Any input from guys who own them would be greatly appreciated.. thanks !
20230322_171704.jpg
20230322_171810.jpg

Im getting both the "cant see anything wrong" and "hell no thats not ok" responses..
I'm so confused..
In the few pics I've been able to find the set appears perfectly flush fitting.. but not mine !

You can’t expect two different brand billet receivers like that to line up and it’s no more FCD’s fault than SOLGW. If you want perfect lines buy a Seekins receiver set.

Reactions: TheOE800
Just got this in. Notice the gap/overlap in the fit between the upper and lower. Is this normal ? I've got $85 psa reciever sets that fit like Halle Berry.. I didn't expect this from a $500 set !
Any input from guys who own them would be greatly appreciated.. thanks !
View attachment 8103834View attachment 8103835

SOLGW makes the lower and CMT makes the upper. It's not a matched set.

I bought the same combo as you. I returned the stripped upper. It fit very loose to the lower and the barrel also fit very loose in the upper. I like a thermal fit.

I bought a solgw forged upper. Fit very tight and so did the barrel, needed to be thermal fit.

Yup I knew they were two different oem's.. cross machine and solgw.. I was just surprised to see the overlapped fit being they were sold to me as a "matched set" ..
After playing with them for a bit I'm realizing its the lower thats actually wider than most. All my other uppers are fitting this lower the same way.
The set fits extremely tight otherwise so I'm just gonna roll with it..
Thanks👍

Yeah it shouldn't be marketed as a set imo because well it isn't. The lower is a slightly modified solgw broadsword. They have a matched broadsword upper. The cmt fcd upper pairs with the cmt lower.

If it's tight and the barrel fits tight go with it. Mine did not fit well. The solgw forged upper was very tight.