• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Free pistol, pics to come

widnerkj

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2010
MA.
www.ar15.com
This past weekend, I was helping my father in law butcher a buck for a friend. And the old guy kept going on about his broken .22 buckmark. So my father in law told him I could probally fix it.

Long story short, the old guy came back with 2 pistols, the buckmark that was missing a spring, and a really old german autoloader with few markings. (serial number on frame, german writing on slide, and 7.65mm on the barrel) He told me use that "old piece of junk for parts"

Turns out with a little reasearch, I just scored an Ortgies .32acp for free.

Will post pics soon as I can find where my daughter hid my camera

Re: Free pistol, pics to come

not a bad deal i would like to see pics sounds like a cool piece

Here's the pics,

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

This is a pretty intresting piece, as the fireing pin is also the ejector, and I can't find a single screw on it. Pretty advanced concidering how old it is.

Has anyone here had any range time with one of these? I'm going to go over it, find new grips, and probally refinish it for the sake of learning more. Just wondering if I should humor my wife and let her have it as a carry pistol.

the old colt pocket pistol 25acp worked the same way with the firing pin/ejector.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: widnerkj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone here had any range time with one of these? I'm going to go over it, find new grips, and probally refinish it for the sake of learning more. Just wondering if I should humor my wife and let her have it as a carry pistol. </div></div>

My dad was given one through the CR forum one year as a secret santa present. It was halfway assembled and he didn't spend much time fiddling with it, never got it assembled and gave it to me.

I got it put together, working and shot a few hundred rounds with it. Mine was in considerably nicer cosmetic shape but still I found it a bit lacking for reliability when I thought about using it for a CCW pistol.

It's an interesting little piece and a lot of fun to plink with but I would not want to have myself or family's life depending on that pistol.

I ended up selling mine for about $350 on Gunbroker, the condition on yours, assuming that you can get it to work should be about $175-$200 from what I remember (this is prices from about 4 years back).

If you want a dirt cheap little carry gun that will fit (most likely) your wife's hands well then the CZ-82 chambered in 9x18 is a pretty decent choice. I've had several, I still own 2 of them. Ugly as they are from Century, I've yet to have one fail while shooting Wolf through it. My mom kept one as a carry pistol for a couple of years until my dad bought her a Walther for Christmas one year.

she just likes it. and typically I humor her weirdness, however she's getting a little j-frame for concealed carry. The "saftey on this is a little too bizarre for pretty much any carry. I think it's gonna be just a "weird" sometimes plinking gun.