• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

For your Cliff moment there was an ignition source for "real" guns that this is based upon. It was very short lived.
tumblr_inline_oz4b0kjKWV1qapn73_1280.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Thorny and Lawless
Here in town after Kansas City bought KCI they ran a bull dozer down each lane with this ripping thing behind it.

They wanted to turn it into a park, like anyone would go, then the EPA said you need to clean it up first and that will cost XXX million, so it sat for years.

Finally they put a swing set on the parking lot and called it a park. I fucking hate Kansas City.

Trying to keep the heritage going. He’s not wild about deer hunting, but enjoys hunting upland birds. Might be a combination of the AHDD and the fact that Grandpa is mostly an invalid which has limited our opportunities. 😢View attachment 8127658View attachment 8127656View attachment 8127667

As a guy with ADHD, I loved bird hunting as a kid.

Rabbits and squirrels too, which took some work to sit that long.

Easier at 12 to focus on that than a teacher blathering on about something I had already read for sure though.

Now, all old n stuff, sans meds, I love big game hunting and find it quite easy to be patient.
Away from the computer and the world is a peaceful place.

Just takes kids a bit to get it.

Going through the same thing with my 11 yr old daughter.
Loves camping, lives the outdoors.
Hunting is “too boring” waiting for stuff to happen.
Took her on a whitetail hunt this last year.
20 min on our “knob” and it was almost legal light and had 3 deer in range.
“Too much sitting”
🤣

Try again around 14 and see.

Reactions: amos and Lawless
Trying to keep the heritage going. He’s not wild about deer hunting, but enjoys hunting upland birds. Might be a combination of the AHDD and the fact that Grandpa is mostly an invalid which has limited our opportunities. 😢View attachment 8127658View attachment 8127656View attachment 8127667

As I put on a fire proof suit.......

Never understood that. You spend big bucks on that trendy "camo" pants shirt and likely socks, so you "blend in" and then put on a bright orange hat/vest.

Why spend the money on those clothes. I always did blue jeans a t-shirt then a flannel shirt, and jacket if needed.

I understood this was the first fully automatic percussion-ignited assault rifle. In addition to the continuously fed roll of "caps", the rifled-barrel held 10 "loads" containing a combination of powder and solid or exploding projectile, simultaneously inserted one behind the other via a spring-fed storage tube. Soldiers were cautioned not to "fan" the hammer because the barrels too often overheated. Prototype testing on cattle revealed solid projectiles penetrated multiple targets at ranges up to 500 yards and victims of exploding bullets were often eviscerated. The devastating effect and emotional trauma resulted in a religious and social media ban on future development and destruction of prototypes and records. 🤭

"Just blow on it". Mom's advice to lava being put on your wound.
My mother gave me the same advice. Mom was always the nurturing kind.

We were so poor that my siblings and I were barefoot all summer long. That toughened our feet up considerably.

During the winter months, my mother still demonstrated her love to her children. She wrapped barbed wire around our feet so we would not slip on the ice.

As I put on a fire proof suit.......

Never understood that. You spend big bucks on that trendy "camo" pants shirt and likely socks, so you "blend in" and then put on a bright orange hat/vest.

Why spend the money on those clothes.
It's like having the power of invisibility you whip off the orange and "poof!" you're gone., :D

I've had people ask me the same question. I said because I also wear them turkey hunting, bow hunting, muzzle loading, when I don't need the orange.

Reactions: jrassy and Modoc
Here in town after Kansas City bought KCI they ran a bull dozer down each lane with this ripping thing behind it.

They wanted to turn it into a park, like anyone would go, then the EPA said you need to clean it up first and that will cost XXX million, so it sat for years.

Finally they put a swing set on the parking lot and called it a park. I fucking hate Kansas City.
That would have been KCIR. and It was not a sale it was a witch hunt.

390847_143176799116625_629469228_n.jpg

FYI:
  1. Claire McCaskill. She owns approximately 27 acres (I believe) in the immediate vicinity of the track. My understanding is that she has been unable to market or sell her property for a significant profit because of the proximity of her property to the race track. That might make a good motive to lean on the city to force the track out of operation. And you can't forget councilwoman Circo..., who also happens to be a fundraiser for Claire McCaskill. Interesting how that works out, isn't it?
  2. Christine Kemper. She owns one of the houses on the hill on the other side of Noland Road, across from the track. The bulk of the track's problems started immediately upon her taking possession of that home. Many of you will recall the huge debacle involving the storage shed that Kemper and Porrevecchio tried to use as leverage to shut down the track. Huge hearing before the BZA. City Hall was packed. While she was successful in costing the track a lot of money in unnecessary "improvements" and attorneys' fees and ultimately restricting the days and hours of the track's operation, she could not shut the track down. But don't for a second think she has let it go.
  3. Ms. Ulmer who owns all of the property up on the hill, east of the track. After her husband passed away, she has been trying to develop that property by herself. Rumor has it that nobody is thrilled about assisting in the development of that property because it's right above the track.

Reactions: amos
Hate to break it to y'all (guys); the last one on yoga pants is a lie. Most upper end yoga pants (anything over $30) has tummy flattening panels and butt shaping panels.

Not if they measure around two ax handles across the rear or look like two shoats fighting in a tow sack they don't. Nothing can hide that and I see them all the time. Don't they ever look in a mirror?

That would have been KCIR. and It was not a sale it was a witch hunt.

390847_143176799116625_629469228_n.jpg

FYI:
  1. Claire McCaskill. She owns approximately 27 acres (I believe) in the immediate vicinity of the track. My understanding is that she has been unable to market or sell her property for a significant profit because of the proximity of her property to the race track. That might make a good motive to lean on the city to force the track out of operation. And you can't forget councilwoman Circo..., who also happens to be a fundraiser for Claire McCaskill. Interesting how that works out, isn't it?
  2. Christine Kemper. She owns one of the houses on the hill on the other side of Noland Road, across from the track. The bulk of the track's problems started immediately upon her taking possession of that home. Many of you will recall the huge debacle involving the storage shed that Kemper and Porrevecchio tried to use as leverage to shut down the track. Huge hearing before the BZA. City Hall was packed. While she was successful in costing the track a lot of money in unnecessary "improvements" and attorneys' fees and ultimately restricting the days and hours of the track's operation, she could not shut the track down. But don't for a second think she has let it go.
  3. Ms. Ulmer who owns all of the property up on the hill, east of the track. After her husband passed away, she has been trying to develop that property by herself. Rumor has it that nobody is thrilled about assisting in the development of that property because it's right above the track.

Yup that was about it. Did you ever run there? I had great memories going back to the high school drags in the 80's it was a great time.

I think I have told this story before but it fits in here as well.

Back when I was flying I was flying into OJC, out on overland park. When the airport first was built nothing there, by the time I quit houses right up to the edge, as usual.

I am coming in, roughly over 435 so a ways out. It was after dark and at the time the tower had hours, and was closed at night. I was far enough away that I did not "need" to announce, but I wanted the lights on. To turn on the lights you would switch to a freq and key the mic X times. Lights come on.....then the go off. Odd, do it again, lights on then off. I make the call. Someone comes on and asks are you the one turning on the lights, I answer back are you the one turning off the lights. He said yes that the houses around don't like the lights on. I told them they would like a Cherokee 140 in their living room a lot less, I am the pilot and I want the lights on. They came on and stayed on. I had a little talk with him and the airport manager the next day. Same deal at Lees summit, houses around it. They want you high over the north end because of the houses, so fucking high you need to slip it down. Screw that I will come in normal.

I only flew out of Lees summit a few years before the health went south. I still "can" fly have not lost my cirt, just not current. I doubt I could pass a medical.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
Not if they measure around two ax handles across the rear or look like two shoats fighting in a tow sack they don't. Nothing can hide that and I see them all the time. Don't they ever look in a mirror?
How to tell someone you’re old without saying you’re old. Both damn good sayings

In the early 80s, I was really poor. I had a budget of $100 a month for groceries, and I made it work. Now, it's a minimum of $100 just to walk into the grocery store.
My toddler goes through $100+ worth of diapers a month. Swiping for groceries makes me scared of getting declined. The struggles real and getting worse

Yup that was about it. Did you ever run there? I had great memories going back to the high school drags in the 80's it was a great time.

Back when I was flying I was flying into OJC, out on overland park. When the airport first was built nothing there, by the time I quit houses right up to the edge, as usual.

I am coming in, roughly over 435 so a ways out. It was after dark and at the time the tower had hours, and was closed at night. I was far enough away that I did not "need" to announce, but I wanted the lights on. To turn on the lights you would switch to a freq and key the mic X times. Lights come on.....then the go off. Odd, do it again, lights on then off. I make the call. Someone comes on and asks are you the one turning on the lights, I answer back are you the one turning off the lights. He said yes that the houses around don't like the lights on. I told them they would like a Cherokee 140 in their living room a lot less, I am the pilot and I want the lights on. They came on and stayed on. I had a little talk with him and the airport manager the next day. Same deal at Lees summit, houses around it. They want you high over the north end because of the houses, so fucking high you need to slip it down. Screw that I will come in normal.

I only flew out of Lees summit a few years before the health went south. I still "can" fly have not lost my cirt, just not current. I doubt I could pass a medical.
Stuff like this brings so many four letter words to my mind. Complete total (choose the best 1000 four letter unprintable words you can think of and insert here) build close then want the thing shut down because they don’t like the (noise, lights, activity, etc). Compete total ……

Glad you were able to make the landing. I’m like you, don’t think I could pass a medical if I was honest with the flight surgeon.

This stuff is guaranteed to make to do an Indian war dance that will rival anything you’ve seen the Hikawis do on F-Troop.

View attachment 8127849

Especially if you use it on jock itch. It says it treats jock itch......don't you believe that shit.
Be like Mudbone, "......ituz cool for a lil whaal...den mah nuts comm mintzta bournin! I said, blow on em sweet chocolate, blow on em!!"

Especially if you use it on jock itch. It says it treats jock itch......don't you believe that shit.
Be like Mudbone, "......ituz cool for a lil whaal...den mah nuts comm mintzta bournin! I said, blow on em sweet chocolate, blow on em!!"
One thing I should have done was see if it could be used as a fire starter in my survival kit.

I understood this was the first fully automatic percussion-ignited assault rifle. In addition to the continuously fed roll of "caps", the rifled-barrel held 10 "loads" containing a combination of powder and solid or exploding projectile, simultaneously inserted one behind the other via a spring-fed storage tube. Soldiers were cautioned not to "fan" the hammer because the barrels too often overheated. Prototype testing on cattle revealed solid projectiles penetrated multiple targets at ranges up to 500 yards and victims of exploding bullets were often eviscerated. The devastating effect and emotional trauma resulted in a religious and social media ban on future development and destruction of prototypes and records. 🤭
So......it was an AR Creedmoor?

It's like having the power of invisibility you whip off the orange and "poof!" you're gone., :D

I've had people ask me the same question. I said because I also wear them turkey hunting, bow hunting, muzzle loading, when I don't need the orange.
Same here, also I can’t bring my self to wear my Oxford button down work shirts or Hawaiian shirts to go hunting. 🤣

As for Jr, it was a way to keep his school clothes segregated. Now that he’s buying his own, he can do what he wants.

Basic med could be an option for you. It restricts a few things but doesn't effect alot of G.A pilots. Your regular doctor does the exam. That and a checkride and your back in the saddle.

The original Technical.

Can't kill a Hi Lux!

Just 'sayin!

Sirhr
I had an 87 with the 22R engine. Base model, no a/c, bought it new. It was an absolutely amazing vehicle. Would easily do what the photo showed and more. I drove it 750K miles including a solo trip to Costa Rica. Started everytime I turned the key for all those miles.

I had an 87 with the 22R engine. Base model, no a/c, bought it new. It was an absolutely amazing vehicle. Would easily do what the photo showed and more. I drove it 750K miles including a solo trip to Costa Rica. Started everytime I turned the key for all those miles.
So fun story...

Just after 911... the SF 5th Group was getting ready to head into Afghanistan. They needed vehicles. Mother Army said "We can give you lots of HMMWV's" SF laughed in their faces... seriously? HMMWVs for that part of the world? No. Mother Army came back and said "We have a lot of Land Rover Defenders that the Rangers have in inventory. " SF Laughed in their faces... seriously? Defenders? you think we will be able to maintain and get parts for those? No.

So SF supply gets on the case. Goes to the local Toyota dealership in Clarksville.. Orders every V8, white, extended cab 4x4 Toyota Tacoma pickup in the country.... that can be delivered post-haste to Campbell. That one dealer sales rep got a commission check for a couple of hundred brand new pickups. Cash sale. He had a good day!

Said Toyotas ended up in A-stan where they are probably still on the road. So to speak.

Sirhr

So fun story...

Just after 911... the SF 5th Group was getting ready to head into Afghanistan. They needed vehicles. Mother Army said "We can give you lots of HMMWV's" SF laughed in their faces... seriously? HMMWVs for that part of the world? No. Mother Army came back and said "We have a lot of Land Rover Defenders that the Rangers have in inventory. " SF Laughed in their faces... seriously? Defenders? you think we will be able to maintain and get parts for those? No.

So SF supply gets on the case. Goes to the local Toyota dealership in Clarksville.. Orders every V8, white, extended cab 4x4 Toyota Tacoma pickup in the country.... that can be delivered post-haste to Campbell. That one dealer sales rep got a commission check for a couple of hundred brand new pickups. Cash sale. He had a good day!

Said Toyotas ended up in A-stan where they are probably still on the road. So to speak.

Sirhr
V8 Tacomas?