• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

1606771839853.png

Freezers full. Got 3 and relative gave me 1 for toatal of 4. Made trip to process for sausage and burger. Now can concentrate on the big antlers if get anymore off time. Bag limit is 3 buck and 5 does in mississippi. With long seasons. Y'all keep that a secret 😜

If anyone here is in the market for a tablesaw let me talk you into a Sawstop. I slipped with my hand in the shop today and what could have been a deep cut at minimum didn't even need a bandaid View attachment 7487579View attachment 7487581

Happy for you. That still must leave your stomach feeling queezy.

What is the technology?

How does it tell flesh from wood to fire the brake?

Last edited:
Happy for you. That still must leave your stomach feeling query.

What is the technology?

Oh yeah, it rattled me pretty good.
I made the investment years ago after a similar tablesaw accident. It senses electrical current to force the aluminum block into the blade. Anything that is conductive can trigger it (metal, really wet wood etc...) you can bypass the safety features if you know that you'll be cutting something that will trip it. It is an outstanding piece of equipment and worth every penny

Happy for you. That still must leave your stomach feeling query.

What is the technology?

I was spending too much time wondering how I'm going to find small rifle primers instead of paying attention to what I'm doing 🤣

Reactions: FishinGuns
My dad got a SawStop after a few trips to the ER with his over the years. Im still running an old school Grizzly. I've had a few very close calls over the years and may think about one for my next one. But they certainly aren't cheap.

For those wondering, I heard the technology described as being similar to a touch lamp. One it registers a current, the tool fires as the blade drops away from the cutting surface. The blade then stops by hitting a block of soft aluminum. The blade is then junk and a new cartridge is about $85 bucks but much less than a single trip to the ER.

Reminds me of something my brother did to me years ago.

The night we were having a freeze my brother decided to go hose down my car for me. And I mean he hoded it down very, very well... LOL. Couldn't open the door, couldn't get the key in the lock as he had hosed the inside of a lock, had to use a propane torch to get that melted to get the key in. Took about 30 to 45 minutes to get in and another 20 minutes or so of the vehicle running just so I could get the ice off of windshield. Enough ice that you could see a significant dropping the suspension.

Ultimately I got going only to find out that college class has been cancelled due to weather conditions... LOL

This was in Houston Texas and a early 90s... LOL

Last edited:

That reminds me of some stuff that was happening regarding gas Wells.

At one time it wasn't uncommon for a gas well where a landowner wanted their own personal gas tap. One of the problems was that this was basically unprocessed gas that didn't have the stink put in it. Additionally, it was unregulated so people were filling up anything they wanted with fresh from the ground Natural Gas.

When I found these through the title work I was doing and Lease negotiations I would inform the landowner of the potential problems. Most everybody was aware but some, not so much.

In one case a guy was using the Natural Gas to fill up his tractor tires. He had never had an accident but boss man was dealing with him and got him to roll out one of the tires and lean it against hay bale or something out in the field. Then they proceeded to step off the hundred yards or so and then shot it. I was told it blew a nice crater and launched that tire about fifty to a hundred yards in the air. Needless to say the landowner never filled his tires with natural gas again.

If anyone here is in the market for a tablesaw let me talk you into a Sawstop. I slipped with my hand in the shop today and what could have been a deep cut at minimum didn't even need a bandaid View attachment 7487579View attachment 7487581

Glad your ok...sure you shit yourself a bit as well.

Have worked in shops with those and they are awesome, but can be a pain to replace. Have to be careful when using a metal tape measure, because if you touch the blade it will go off as well. Had to replace a few due to individuals doing just that.

Awesome tech, but fairly expensive for industrial saws anyway

So there was a dozen or more the grandpa had in two were turned in... Smart
We had a guy locally drive a rusty WW2 grenade to the PD that he found in his deceased dads home

--Learning --

NEVER drive a grenade to the PD and leave it in your car.... WHY- Training drill

The police get to have an impromptu training day (and OT)

Bomb Squad get to show up
Perimeter gets established...

some time later- maybe many hours later- bomb squad removes grenade from Porsche and renders it safe....

That reminds me of some stuff that was happening regarding gas Wells.

At one time it wasn't uncommon for a gas well where a landowner wanted their own personal gas tap. One of the problems was that this was basically unprocessed gas that didn't have the stink put in it. Additionally, it was unregulated so people were filling up anything they wanted with fresh from the ground Natural Gas.

When I found these through the title work I was doing and Lease negotiations I would inform the landowner of the potential problems. Most everybody was aware but some, not so much.

In one case a guy was using the Natural Gas to fill up his tractor tires. He had never had an accident but boss man was dealing with him and got him to roll out one of the tires and lean it against hay bale or something out in the field. Then they proceeded to step off the hundred yards or so and then shot it. I was told it blew a nice crater and launched that tire about fifty to a hundred yards in the air. Needless to say the landowner never filled his tires with natural gas again.
This would sound better if you had started with something like "This ain't no Shit"
Cone on man

those sawstops are a fine piece of kit......however you can save yourself a bunch of cash by using a $5 piece of plastic and always cut assuming you are going to slip, and position your hands accordingly.

41Rw7Vdb7cL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Yeah, I just use some scrap 1x stuff.

Reactions: Recon Marine
those sawstops are a fine piece of kit......however you can save yourself a bunch of cash by using a $5 piece of plastic and always cut assuming you are going to slip, and position your hands accordingly.

41Rw7Vdb7cL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
I am a surgeon with a miter saw and table saw. I used to replace/repair rotten trim and door bottoms and such and you had to be creative and super precise to repair certain things in such a way that the repair could not be seen.

I then due to demand transitioned my business to other needs and stopped doing that type of work.

A fellow I know who now does that type of work lost a finger about a year ago. Table saws are no respecter of person, equal opportunity for all.

I am a surgeon with a miter saw and table saw. I used to replace/repair rotten trim and door bottoms and such and you had to be creative and super precise to repair certain things in such a way that the repair could not be seen.

I then due to demand transitioned my business to other needs and stopped doing that type of work.

A fellow I know who now does that type of work lost a finger about a year ago. Table saws are no respecter of person, equal opportunity for all.

I look forward to little jobs as its an excuse to buying new tools, tools that get used infrequently but are bought with the idea in mind i am some sort of pro.

When the downstairs closet need to be lined with cedar I of course need a table saw that cost more than the cedar and the time it took to install.

This thing is a beast....

1606821734753.png

Its just so nice to be using nice tools and the work really does show when you do it right.

Anyway....as i like to do jobs outside my skill set I am probably the most at risk guy out there.

Hi power table saws, My Stihl 440.........I should probably not be allowed near such things.

I worked in a commercial cabinet shop / mill house and they had ALL their tables saws fitted with saw stops. The setup had a replaceable cartridge for when an incident occurred. Was pretty typical for someone cutting metal mica to forget to disengage the feature. That nice "boom" was well known throughout the shop. Evryone there had all their fingers though. Routers were the next reason to be visiting the emergency room.

The trick with both table saws and miter saws is to keep SHARP blades on them so risk of kicking back is greatly reduced.

People would flip when they see some of the techniques I have had to use to create repair pieces, especially with the miter saw LOL, definitely dangerous and not for the faint of heart.