• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

full-20866-78514-img_40.jpg

I’m an average sized gentleman with average sized features. However, since you’ve asked, I bench 275 and have extensive concreting experience.
Bench press and concrete experience. Never gets old!
and
Grandpa always told us boys, “Marry a girl with small hands and when she gives you a handy, it’ll make your pecker look bigger!” Gosh I miss my grandpa!

Bench press and concrete experience. Never gets old!
and
Grandpa always told us boys, “Marry a girl with small hands and when she gives you a handy, it’ll make your pecker look bigger!” Gosh I miss my grandpa!
My granddaddy lived in VA so I didn’t get to see him a lot. He was a city bus driver in Suffolk for over 50 years. He had a lot of great stories and jokes but he always was very reserved, never said anything out of the way.

When he was in the hospital before he passed, I was up to see him and he told me this joke which was even funnier to me because it was him telling me.

”There was this little boy who was sitting on the curb crying his eyes out. I was walking by and looked down at him and said ‘Hey boy, what’s wrong with you?’

The boy looked up at me and said ‘My little thing is only this long‘ as he held up his fingers about an inch apart.

I thought a second and then I asked him ‘Will it get hard?’

The boy said ‘yeah’.

I said ‘I’ll trade ya’

After he told me and I laughed a minute, I asked him “Granddaddy, do you still think about sex?” He smiled at me and said “Hell, all I can do is think about it”

We laughed til we were in tears.

1A55E56E-4A80-4FD2-8AFE-2A58AD49DB54.jpeg

Love the 39 Chevy.

I'd never been able to decide which of the 1930s Chevys I liked best, until a few weeks ago when I discovered 1939 Chev Master Deluxe abandoned in a gully at the bottom of a steep valley down the back of the property. It's a rarity in the Chev lineup, being a pickup body. Now we have a winner.
View attachment 7514929

They were shipped here from the factory in the US in FKD form and a local firm, Holden's Motor Body Builders built the Utility Body as it was called here.
When WW2 started, the HMBB factory stopped civilian production, including the Master Deluxe Utility and switched to defence.

HMBB was later bought out by GM and became General Motors Holden

This one's been saved from going all the way to the bottom by an outcrop of decomposed granite but is perched precariously on it's side and partly buried under 30yrs of farm trash.
View attachment 7514918

It's slightly below ground level so I have put in some wire rope stays to keep it stable while I dig a bench beside it, onto which I can set it upright.

View attachment 7514925

It's been on it's right side for at least 30 years, once it's upright I'll know whether I have a rat rod project or a parts harvesting project.
The plan is to set it upright, then putting the soil I dig out for the bench over the remains of the concrete tank I smashed up for base fill, I can make a ramp.
To prevent the truck from digging into the fresh soil I'll lay down the old corrugated iron roofing sheets that partly covered it as a surface and start pulling.
No shortage of trees for snatch block anchors.

Just below it, caught on a bigger outcrop is an early 30s British Bedford flatbed, upside down, the cab and guards have taken a hit but the rest is in remarkably good condition.
View attachment 7514934
Getting him out is going to be a much bigger challenge, the Chev I can do with the snatch blocks and the winch on my Range Rover but the Bedford is too heavy and too deep and the location precludes anything much bigger, being at the bottom of a 40 degree slope. It rained the other day while I was digging and I had to use the diff locks to get out.

If the body is as good as it seems, I'll put it on a later GMH 1 tonne flatbed chassis and do some customizing.

Surprisingly, after who knows how long since it was last used the drivetrain is still free. The engine is gone and I turned the input shaft on the gearbox the other day, it not only turns freely by hand but turns the hubs.
It took quite a bit of digging, rigging, winching and towing, but I got the old Chevy out of the gully, unfortunately confirming my worst fear about rust at the contact points with the ground.

It had landed on the right hand panels of the tray and the cab roof behind the driver and the A pillar, several decades allowed silt to collect at these spots and rot them out, as below
Inked20210106_165623.jpg

Even so, it would be potentially salvageable were it not for the prohibitively restrictive rules that grew out of a desire to prevent re-birthing stolen or written-off vehicles.
20210109_122836.jpg

20210113_153947.jpg

Even with those rules, with which I agree in the main as most are safety related, successive governments have raised the fees involved until it is beyond the average person.
If I build my own chassis, it has to be both inspected by a specifically licensed automotive engineer and tested on a torque bench, where it must provide at least 4000nm/mm resistance to deflection before it can be coated and fitted. That alone can reach around $10,000 in fees and gov charges.

When it is mated to the new chassis, it has to be put through a braking and handling test, as a vehicle that has never been registered, it can't be tested on a public road. The one person in my local area who has done this had to hire the local airport runway at $1500/hr for the test.

Why not just get a modern rolling chassis and use that, I hear you all thinking.

"They" are 3 steps ahead on that one. If I put, say, a 1980 chassis under the 1939 body, that body then defaults to the more recent safety standards that apply to the chassis. This means that it would then have to be fitted with 1980 safety devices, among others, inertia-reel seatbelts, washers for the wipers, heater/ demister, and bloody child restraint mounts FFS.

Then, after all the above expense and embuggeration, they can still fuck you.
Every step in the build has to be accompanied by the relevant inspection and approval, but you can get to the final inspection and the guy doing it has the final say, and can object to any previous certification and if it's the chassis, you are back to square one, because ANY change and the entire vehicle has to be recertified as it has changed.

If I put in a motor with more than 20% above the original 80hp, a whole new set of expensive, time consuming embuggerances kick off.

So, it's someone else's project, I'll find a buyer for the corpse and put the money towards the new lever gun I've been "Jonesing" for.

@Gaznazdiak that is what happens when the government does something for “safety” or for “the public good”

Geeze, around here in the county I live in now we can stick a blown Hemi in a rusted out 64 Polara with 8” drum brakes and as long as the signals and horn work and the wipers aren’t in tatters it’ll pass safety inspection and can be tagged 🤠

Here
@Gaznazdiak that is what happens when the government does something for “safety” or for “the public good”

Geeze, around here in the county I live in now we can stick a blown Hemi in a rusted out 64 Polara with 8” drum brakes and as long as the signals and horn work and the wipers aren’t in tatters it’ll pass safety inspection and can be tagged 🤠

Yeah, but we all know that it's all good fun until someone gets poked in the eye.

I had a contract with a heavy towing firm in the early 90s to attend major truck accidents for site cleanup and have unfortunately had to clean up more than a couple messy endings of people in unsafe vehicles that have come unstuck at the worst possible moment.
So I agree wholeheartedly with the safety push.

What pokes a big stick up me though is the truly "governmental" part.

If I want to put a safe, modern chassis under that body and build a roadworthy vehicle, I'm penalized by taxation but if I buy 80yo parts off fleabay, bang it together with a few welds and leave it with all original, I can call it a "restoration" and do as you guys, go down to the mechanic, check lights and brakes, $48 and I'm on the road in a vehicle that would come apart like tissue paper if I hit a sparrow.

It's that hypocrisy I hate.

Like the Twilight Zone our gun laws inhabit, I can have a 50-110 WCF but it's considered unsafe for me to have the new Nerf gun because the little foam projectiles have too high a muzzle velocity.
Seriously, you couldn't make this shit up if you were on drugs.

It took quite a bit of digging, rigging, winching and towing, but I got the old Chevy out of the gully, unfortunately confirming my worst fear about rust at the contact points with the ground.

It had landed on the right hand panels of the tray and the cab roof behind the driver and the A pillar, several decades allowed silt to collect at these spots and rot them out, as below
View attachment 7531585

Even so, it would be potentially salvageable were it not for the prohibitively restrictive rules that grew out of a desire to prevent re-birthing stolen or written-off vehicles.
View attachment 7531622
View attachment 7531640

Even with those rules, with which I agree in the main as most are safety related, successive governments have raised the fees involved until it is beyond the average person.
If I build my own chassis, it has to be both inspected by a specifically licensed automotive engineer and tested on a torque bench, where it must provide at least 4000nm/mm resistance to deflection before it can be coated and fitted. That alone can reach around $10,000 in fees and gov charges.

When it is mated to the new chassis, it has to be put through a braking and handling test, as a vehicle that has never been registered, it can't be tested on a public road. The one person in my local area who has done this had to hire the local airport runway at $1500/hr for the test.

Why not just get a modern rolling chassis and use that, I hear you all thinking.

"They" are 3 steps ahead on that one. If I put, say, a 1980 chassis under the 1939 body, that body then defaults to the more recent safety standards that apply to the chassis. This means that it would then have to be fitted with 1980 safety devices, among others, inertia-reel seatbelts, washers for the wipers, heater/ demister, and bloody child restraint mounts FFS.

Then, after all the above expense and embuggeration, they can still fuck you.
Every step in the build has to be accompanied by the relevant inspection and approval, but you can get to the final inspection and the guy doing it has the final say, and can object to any previous certification and if it's the chassis, you are back to square one, because ANY change and the entire vehicle has to be recertified as it has changed.

If I put in a motor with more than 20% above the original 80hp, a whole new set of expensive, time consuming embuggerances kick off.

So, it's someone else's project, I'll find a buyer for the corpse and put the money towards the new lever gun I've been "Jonesing" for.

Been a fan of .45 and .50 caliber lever guns since I was a kid. First read about them in Louis L'Amour novels with a flashlight under the covers after I was supposed to be asleep. Owned a few over the years. Just something about those big heavy cartridges.

Oh, yeah, the truck is cool, too.

Reactions: Gaznazdiak

I drive through this area this summer on a trip to Prescott.
reminded me of all the western books I loved as a boy.
that pic with the horse riders is very reminiscent of many chats with my grandad when I was about 10-12 yrs old.
I dont believe he ever got to see that area and it always hits me just how much he would have enjoyed it.

Reactions: Sgt47
A lot of this determined by what they have on the skin of their faces before they don that mask, and how many face washing breaks they take. I have worked ICU, and also worn a mask all shift (24 hours) for the entire flu season, and never had any marks on my face. Wearing the mask, is a measure but it is not COMPLETE measures, if one doesn't take it off several times per day, and wash with mild soap and water. Also, some of those marks are from leaving tape on the skin for extended periods. Tape sticks HARD, and peels off layers causing irritation as in at least 3 of those images. Getting a secondary infection from skin staph on the face is preventable. Letting the face get like that is also preventable.
I don't care how busy you are. You can't take care of anyone if you don't take care of yourself.