• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

g26 blew up on my hand today

He went on to explain this by asking, "how do we break down the striker fired pistol?" Part of the answer to that question is pulling the trigger. The gun is not in battery at that point and yet the trigger can be pulled, hmmmmm. If he happens to see this post and I have something incorrect I hope he will let us know, but this was the gist of the conversation.

Unless you defeated one of the internal safeties what your friend hypothesized is incorrect. When you dry fire the pistol it is in battery.

Sorry but your “friend” is wrong about the out of battery thing. (And it has nothing to do with how you break down the pistol.)

Out of battery firing does not cause extreme over pressure like your pictures show. Leave the diagnosis to people actually trained to diagnose failures (that’s part of what I do professionally) instead of people who just guess without accounting for all the details.

What do you think flattened the case head stamping so much? Only two things can do that - pressure or impact.

Now look at that primer pocket ripped open - what caused that? That area isn’t normally supported and handles standard and even high +P+ pressure without issues, so we have to conclude the pressure was significantly higher than that to blow the case head open and expand the primer pocket.
Out of battery fire in 9mm can happen in some pistols, but as a rule it blows out the weak unsupported case wall and leaves the case head intact unless high pressure was also involved.

It’s not surprising that the case won’t fully insert back in the barrel again; it’s common in high pressure events for the gun to cycle harder/faster and unlock while pressure is still high. That’s also the reason why a lot of people claim “out of battery” with these events, without considering the other details of what we can see.

I do think it’s sad that you chose to disregard the huge amount of experienced feedback you got here and believed someone else based on supposed reputation instead of the logic of what they said. It’s extra sad if you still don’t understand the danger of Titegroup after all this and keep using it.

Last edited:
The reason why some cheap factory ammo KB’s is due to bullet setback. I see some factory ammo uses .354” bullets and that combined with thin brass can result in bullet setback during feeding which causes a big reduction in case volume and a pressure spike.

As far as out of battery firing goes, a Glock can fire when the slide is pulled back slightly. The barrel and slide are still locked up together at that point. So what you’ve lost in terms of lockup is dwell time. But that would not cause a KB. At worst it would cause a bulged case.