• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision Current Lead Times 9/18/14 update

Any timing updates on GAP-10 orders? Just trying to estimate/budget for my actual finish time, ordered in February with Green magpul furniture.

Any timing updates on GAP-10 orders? Just trying to estimate/budget for my actual finish time, ordered in February with Green magpul furniture.

Many GAP 10 orders from December and January are coming up late. We are lacking handguards and wedge blocks. The smiths asked me to communicate to those customers quoted at 4-6 months to please expect 2 additional months wait time.

Are you referring to rifle length or mid length hand guards, or both? Also, what's a wedge block? Thanks for the heads up on the additional wait time.

Are you referring to rifle length or mid length hand guards, or both? Also, what's a wedge block? Thanks for the heads up on the additional wait time.

Wedge block is part of the attachment system for the handguard. We are currently awaiting both rifle and mid-length handguards.

REF Gap-10's . We are shipping 5 or so GAP-10's a day. Magpul has us caught up on their parts. Receiving another 50+ hand guards next week. 100 complete sets of parts again in a couple weeks and then 200 sets in September. If you ordered in December you will get yours real soon.

Jan- Feb Orders will back up a little as the sheer number of guns ordered are going to choke the lead time up a bit.

Somewhere in the October/November time frame the Handguard will change a bit, not drastically but the curved front will go straight and the cooling cuts will change shape a little and Im going to leave the bottom a little more solid with dimples. This change has to happen so there is not the possibility of getting the old style once its gone. I think you guys will like it!!

Thanks for the update George.
I ordered my GAP10 on the second of Feb. Is there any way to insure that I get the newer handguard? If a slightly longer wait time is needed thats fine with me.

Clay

So there I was slaving away at my office desk when all of a sudden I got a voicemail "Hi this is Annie from GA Precision, your Hospitaller is ready for shipping, please give us a call...""

YEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAA!!!

I was quoted 6 months and it is only 3 months from when I ordered. What an incredible surprise. I hope to have it some time next week. So far it is excellent customer service from the ladies and gentlemen at GA Precision. I look forward to actually touching this masterful piece of engineering here shortly.

I ordered my hospitaller from ken on the 10th. He still said 6 month lead time. I would have to wait 15 months if I wanted surgeon action. So I went with the templer. Hope to order another build by Christmas.

I ordered my hospitaller from ken on the 10th. He still said 6 month lead time. I would have to wait 15 months if I wanted surgeon action. So I went with the templer. Hope to order another build by Christmas.

I own two Surgeons - a 591 and a 1086R, my brother owns a GAP with the Templar. Comparing the Surgeons against the Templar I would chose the Templar. It just feels more precise and timed. A very solid piece of engineering. Surgeon makes great actions but my next custom action will be a Templar (Defiance action).

This will be my first gap rifle and I by the sound of all I have read about them, I will be slowly replacing my existing caliber rifles with gap rifles.

I'm not really in a rush so don't want to press this issue really, but anxious nonetheless, which makes me curious if a surgeon action rifle in 260 ordered in late December 2012 will still be around the 12 month estimate or if the order volume and surgeon delays have pushed it out to something longer like 15 months as seen in someone else's post above. Thanks

I'm not really in a rush so don't want to press this issue really, but anxious nonetheless, which makes me curious if a surgeon action rifle in 260 ordered in late December 2012 will still be around the 12 month estimate or if the order volume and surgeon delays have pushed it out to something longer like 15 months as seen in someone else's post above. Thanks

We should be able to hold steady with on-going builds--Surgeon is doing their best to deliver what we already had in the pipes.--- We have been quoting extended lead times on Surgeon actions for new orders only.

Thank you Ken. Looking forward to the new year even more!

oh your just breaking the iceberg bro, GAP's are like pringles, once you start you can't stop

GAP 10 Status,

Guys in Maryland and Connecticut were shoved forward due to Legislation that was passed and deadlines that came with those laws that passed so a few rifles were jumped to the front to ensure those guys did not get screwed by their states . Everyone else. We are finishing up December orders this week and January Orders start delivering next week. January will take 2 months to get through. February will take a month to a month and a half. If you ordered your rifle in March-April your looking at a December delivery at the moment. This is an educated guess, we have lots of parts now, so further delays don't look like an issue. We are absolutely doing these as fast as possible but were not going to sacrifice quality for speed!! Once we get through this year the builds should go back to exactly what was quoted. and hopefully by Jan 2014 we will be quoting 2-3 months again

Bolt rifles.

Both stock suppliers are 5-6 months. We do have some stocks on the shelf so if you order on an in stock-stock then your going to save yourself a lot of time. Builds are 8-10 months currently and on an instock-stock probably 4-6 or sooner.

Hope this helps.

Builds on customer supplied parts (all parts) 3-4 months.

Last edited:
(Note from George Gardner 8-14-13 "Guys in Maryland and Connecticut were shoved forward due to Legislation that was passed and deadlines that came with those laws that passed so a few rifles were jumped to the front to ensure those guys did not get screwed by their states . Everyone else. We are finishing up December orders this week and January Orders start delivering next week. January will take 2 months to get through. February will take a month to a month and a half. If you ordered your rifle in March-April you're looking at a December delivery at the moment. This is an educated guess, we have lots of parts now, so further delays don't look like an issue. We are absolutely doing these as fast as possible but were not going to sacrifice quality for speed!! Once we get through this year the builds should go back to exactly what was quoted. and hopefully by Jan 2014 we will be quoting 2-3 months again").

California should be the next state to add to that list. Things aren't looking too good.

George and Ken,
Allow me to just say my .260 non typical is the best, most accurate rifle I've ever owned.
Marty

IMG_3213.jpgIMG_3214.jpg

Good things come to those who wait. But my wait was not that long for this beautiful machine. Only 4 months. Thank you Dustin and everyone else who worked on my rifle. The quality on this build is exceptional.

a Remington 700 style action wrench will be correct for our Templar actions, V1 and V2.

Any idea of turnaround time to re-hab a GAP-10? What I need is...

Re-barrel, 20" Fluted Bartlien w/Coyote cerakote
Upgrade to adj. gas block
Replace anything else on the upper than may be toast

Any idea of turnaround time to re-hab a GAP-10? What I need is...

Re-barrel, 20" Fluted Bartlien w/Coyote cerakote
Upgrade to adj. gas block
Replace anything else on the upper than may be toast

Current turn around time for rebarrel on GAP 10 is estimated at 3-6 months. (lead time very much dependent upon availability of parts--if we are waiting on vendors for full builds, a smith may be able to hop on your rebarrel and get you squared away even faster).

Give me a shout via Email if you have any questions. I'll be able to send you our shipping form and get the specs punched out for you. [email protected]

whats the price for a barreled action? with parts not provided and whats the cost with parts provided?

We offer a rem 700 RH SA bbl/a with bartlein barrel customer pref. contour/cal/twist to 26", Badger 20MOA rail, Rem xmark Pro trigger, unfinished for 1395.00

400.00 templar v1 upgrade

680.00 templar V2 upgrade

Many other services available listed here: Services - GA Precision

full rifle build (including stock) are priced differently call for quote!

Current turn around time for rebarrel on GAP 10 is estimated at 3-6 months. (lead time very much dependent upon availability of parts--if we are waiting on vendors for full builds, a smith may be able to hop on your rebarrel and get you squared away even faster).

Give me a shout via Email if you have any questions. I'll be able to send you our shipping form and get the specs punched out for you. [email protected]
Thanks Ken. I did get your message. Been slammed the last few days. Will e-mail you this weekend.

GAP 10: 10 months

(Note from George Gardner 8-14-13 "Guys in Maryland and Connecticut were shoved forward due to Legislation that was passed and deadlines that came with those laws that passed so a few rifles were jumped to the front to ensure those guys did not get screwed by their states . Everyone else. We are finishing up December orders this week and January Orders start delivering next week. January will take 2 months to get through. February will take a month to a month and a half. If you ordered your rifle in March-April you're looking at a December delivery at the moment. This is an educated guess, we have lots of parts now, so further delays don't look like an issue. We are absolutely doing these as fast as possible but were not going to sacrifice quality for speed!! Once we get through this year the builds should go back to exactly what was quoted. and hopefully by Jan 2014 we will be quoting 2-3 months again").

Is there an update on December order completion/delivery dates? From the message above, it sounded like they were going to be completed by August 16th.

Is there an update on December order completion/delivery dates? From the message above, it sounded like they were going to be completed by August 16th.

Hi Aflick, There's quite a few GAP 10 orders that are being held for lack of surefire 762ssal/re muzzle brakes. If you did not specify that device, send me an email with your first and last name---I'll be happy to check it out for you.

[email protected]

Hi Aflick, There's quite a few GAP 10 orders that are being held for lack of surefire 762ssal/re muzzle brakes. If you did not specify that device, send me an email with your first and last name---I'll be happy to check it out for you.

[email protected]

When do you expect the muzzle breaks to be in stock?

My light at the end of the GAP tunnel has gone out.
At the end of Jan 2013 I ordered a barreled Templar SA in 223 Rem with a threaded Bartlein heavy target 1: 7.7 twist. I provided the McRee stock. Lead time was 4 to 6 months which is now past.

I know the pressure you guys are working under, but would appreciate a revised completion date.

Thanks