• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision Current Lead Times 9/18/14 update

Shocker! Looks like Gov Brown vetoed SB 374 today.

Patiently waiting for my GAP again...

Is it bad that the first thing I do when I log on this site is check to see if this thread has been updated?? I know I'm a weeks to a month away... Jan 28th order!

Is it bad that the first thing I do when I log on this site is check to see if this thread has been updated?? I know I'm a weeks to a month away... Jan 28th order!
Sure hope not because I'm farther out and I still check :)

In regards to Rifle registration, just have a bill of sale to John Doe. I don't think it will become law anyway.

I ordered a Rock custom with the Templar action GAP camo McMillan stock, thruster brake, 34mm rings, and OD cerakote, I ordered it in the middle of February, it is also a 300WSM. How much longer do you think it may be before I can put my hands on it? The wait is killing me but I know it will be worth it. Thanks, Bill.

I hope this makes someone's day...

I just went to my local gun store and they had a NEW gap-10, 308, prs stock, threaded sitting on the shelf for $3400.....

If my Gap-10 weren't a month out(hopefully)... I would have walked out with it. Hope one of y'all scoops it up!!

The Arms Room Texas
League City, TX

Just in case some of you don't check the semi auto forum. Here's a statement from Gap.

Id like to take time to make a post updating guys with orders in place. Were still on the month of January orders. More than half the way through them. There are still about 110 January orders to fill. There are 20-30 rifles in the finishing stages now and then we are in a small holding pattern till the next batch or parts hits the doors. I got a 2-3 week timeframe today so mid November best guess. We have 80-90 barrels done and ready for these and by the time they get here we will have the rest done. We also have all the BCG's and Gas Systems, so with the current plan in place January orders will ship by Christmas with a few February thrown in as well. February is alot easier as there are only 80-90 orders, then by March its almost back to normal.

So Id like to apologize to the guys in January that were told 4-6 months as this was a bad estimation on our part but the best we could do as nobody could know the amount of jolt the industry was about to receive from the Newtown incident and the subsequent aftermath. . By Mid January we were saying 8 months which is still off quite a bit, but Apologies here as well. The guys that placed their orders at the end of January were told 10 months and we are going to be close on those guys as well as February who most of were told 8-10 months.

Im guessing that after March of 2014 we will be back to normal and quoting 3-4 months again, Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Here is the good news, the parts we are receiving in 2-3 weeks will be the new handguard models, there are slight changes to the upper as well (very slight)

Here are pics of the approved prototype pre-anodizing.

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Ken: As per the offer made by George for a 100% refund on the deposit, I have emailed two times now trying to cancel my order. My order date was Jan 4th, and I have been very patient in this process after having other people put in front of my order, poor estimates on delivery times, and lack of communication... other than generic messages sent as a reply to my inquiries. I would appreciate you following through on my request for the refund.

Thank you

Sir, of the two cancellation requests I received, both have been processed. My apologies if I lost your message in a shuffle, but I've PM'ed my personal cell phone number so we can get you taken care of today.

Ken,

Thank you for taking care of this for me. I will try another order in the future when things are back to normal.

Thanks again....

I sent a GAP rifle that I had bought here on the Hide to GAP for them to check out and add a side bolt release to. FedEx tracking shows they received it Sept 20, and I had it back in my hands on Nov 4 looking great. I was told it could take 2 plus months, so I'm very pleased to have it back already. Figured I would post that, because i did post something in another thread a few weeks after I had sent it b/c I was a little pissy at the moment. But I got over that pretty quick, and now I'm happy. I'm sure I'll be even happier once I can get it out to the range next weekend.

Am I the only one that has had to ask GAP to hold on to my rifle for an extra month? Didn't want it hanging out any longer getting finger banged at my FFL while I was still overseas...

Red I know the feeling I picked up guns from a local FFL before that were obviously handled ALOT. Even had friends who worked there tell me that the owner brought it out to show people regularly for the 10 day ca wait period. Pisses me off

anyone receive their gap10 lately? just trying to see what order dates are shipping. I have a jan 11th order date. I am really hoping its close to shipping!

We have made a couple specific posts about current GAP-10 Orders and current progression. There are now over 150 GAP 10's barreled waiting on Hand-guards. This was a bump we anticipated as explained elsewhere we had to change the guard to comply with a court order. New guards are expected in any day now and we can fill all the Jan orders fairly quick. The new guard is better and updated. Guys will be really happy. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

hang in there guys, been waiting since 7 December 12' for mine, maybe santa will drop something off this year haha.

GA Precision Current Lead Times 10/29/13 update

Lots of rifles finished, trying to get a lot out for the Holidays!!
apebe4y4.jpg

Just an FYI, there is a FBI HRT in the ready to ship section. I apologize in advance if this leads to a divorce!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Wow George looks like y'all stay swamped.

I'm curious as to what kind of time someone or myself would be looking at if sending a rifle in for chambering, truing, and crowning? I assume a couple months?

Anyone from mid January get their order yet? The update said November time frame? Anyone get the new upper config yet? Getting excited, even though Im deployed and will have to wait to see it anyways... At least I'll know its mine!

Really wish someone would post up a Gap10 with new upper in FDE. This way I can put it in my spank bank while I continue to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone from mid January get their order yet? The update said November time frame? Anyone get the new upper config yet? Getting excited, even though Im deployed and will have to wait to see it anyways... At least I'll know its mine!

i had a jan 11th order date.. I am still waiting. I really hope to have it before Christmas.

Really wish someone would post up a Gap10 with new upper in FDE. This way I can put it in my spank bank while I continue to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be able to handle that for you this week. All parts are in and they are going together smoothly!!

I must have ordered the longest lead time barrel on the planet. Oh well, it'll make it that much better when I get the phone call!