• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAMER CHANGER TESLONG BORE SCOPE!!! -- FINALLY A QUALITY REASONABLY PRICED BORE SCOPE!

Just got an email from someone claiming to be them offering me a new unit or $50 gift card based on my Amazon review. Hmmm...not the usual contact person and their using Outlook.com. They do have my order number and email address that I only use for Amazon. English is pretty bad. Thinking this is the early part of a phising mission...maybe not.

Anyone else get this email?

Any way to dim the light down further in software? I get a really bad glare in a shiny bore, the lowest setting on the little roll switch turns it off about 2/3 down, just when it should be getting to about the right brightness.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Mine landed this evening. Have a cheap-o Dell and works great. Just open the camera app and go. If you're using Win 10 and the camera app I suggest the video option as you get 720p resolution and it seems to cut down on the glare a bit. I need to find something better as having contrast and brightness adjustments might make looking around a bit easier. Winblows auto adjusts and seems to have a tendency to over correct and blow the highlights out regardless of LED brightness. Having said that and not knowing what I'm looking at (a carbon ring would be located where now?) I was horrified at how much crap was behind the locking lugs on my AR. Lots of carbon and copper jacket slivers. I need to up my cleaning game!

I have had one for about 2 months now with no issues. It was a bit of a headache getting the right app, but once it was working it was good to go. I haven't had any mirror issues, so hopefully I got lucky or they fixed it. For the money, it is really good in my opinion.

20191218_102444.jpg

Just received the new straight rod version. Came with 3 extra lens pieces/mirrors and this hard case.

I understand this is now for sale on Amazon as of today.

I'm off to turn it on and see how it does. Will be back with results.

The flexible version has its place but I think my preference will be for the straight rod version.

Just received the new straight rod version. Came with 3 extra lens pieces/mirrors and this hard case.

The flexible version has its place but I think my preference will be for the straight rod version.

Curious about the new version. Does it now support IOS? If you (or anyone else) has an Amazon link to the new version I'd appreciate it. I only see the older version so far.

Amazon.com : Teslong Rifle Bore Scope with Rod, 0.2inch Gun Barrel Borescope Camera with 21inch Rod and 45° Side-View Mirror, for Windows, MacBook and Android Smartphone : Sports & Outdoors

Reactions: jojotheclown
20191218_104309.jpg

Works great! The rod has ruler marks on it so you can measure your location. For me it's easier to manipulate the rod in a larger diameter bore such as my 9mm PCC in the picture.

To me it's personal preference flexible vs straight rod. I'll be using both depending on what the situation is.

Works great! The rod has ruler marks on it so you can measure your location. For me it's easier to manipulate the rod in a larger diameter bore such as my 9mm PCC in the picture.

To me it's personal preference flexible vs straight rod. I'll be using both depending on what the situation is.

Is it easier to focus than the flexible version? Getting the mirror screwed on to just the right place to focus was the hardest part for me with the flexible version.

Is it easier to focus than the flexible version? Getting the mirror screwed on to just the right place to focus was the hardest part for me with the flexible version.

I haven't had time to do detailed focus tests but with the rod it was easy to adjust into focus without even changing the mirror setting simply moving the rod around. I plan to spend some time in the 223 barrel and play with mirror setting.

Reactions: jojotheclown
View attachment 7204903

Is it 21" length only?

I have had one for about 2 months now with no issues. It was a bit of a headache getting the right app, but once it was working it was good to go. I haven't had any mirror issues, so hopefully I got lucky or they fixed it. For the money, it is really good in my opinion.
I guess we need to use both end o barrel for longer than 21" barrel

That’s fine with me, I normally focus on the throat area of the barrel as far as cleaning goes.

Reactions: bjay
View attachment 7204903

I like!!! I have the 'original' Tslong...I like it, but I, too, think the straight rod would be better...So, now I will have two...

Reactions: bjay
Do they have the straight rod in Bluetooth iPhone version --

Not the straight rod but WIFI and iphone capable...looks out of stock on Amazon but may be available direct from Teslong...

I'm getting one for Christmas cant wait to try it out. Also getting some well well used brass. :unsure: I got to mail first the new brass already loaded.

JFYI... https://www.teslong.com/ is the company website...You can click on support and leave an email... Also, in addition to the original scope, they make an Apple version (flexible), a Wifi version, AND a RIGID version...(maybe others)...If you want to buy the rigid version (not compatible with iPhone/Ipad) be sure to choose the right one...I didn't...So I will have 3 for a while...:) You can buy a set of four mirrors of varying diameters, on their website...

So I got one if these for Christmas, I have downloaded bith apps that the manual reccomends and cannot get the phone (Samsung S8) to recognise the camera. Can somebody steer me in the right direction here?

Went to the website. Downloaded the apps there. Android and windows. Works great.

Tried it on the wifes phone, our Samsung tablet, and my phone. No go. Sent Teslong an email, hopefully CS is easy to work with.

Is there a way to have my current Teslong borescope to my I phone or I pad? Thank you

Assuming you are asking if there is a way to connect your current borescope to your iPhone or iPad?

If your current Teslong borescope is the original $50 version the answer is NO as it only hooks up directly via USB port.

The more recent $75 version has built in WiFi and can connect to any WiFi enabled display device with the appropriate app. An iPhone or iPad can be used as a display for this model.

Reactions: flyright
With windows 10 do you have to install the app and is the app secure?

How are you guys lighting this inside the bore? I'm trying a handheld light with the Teslong plugged into my Mac and it sucks.

How are you guys lighting this inside the bore? I'm trying a handheld light with the Teslong plugged into my Mac and it sucks.

There is a light at the end of it. With a dial switch on the cord.

Mine has broken. With no response from the original retailer im forced to do the dirty deed with amazon.

there should be led light. maybe you have to adjust brightness?

I have not heard from them either.
Emailed before and after chinese new year.

Waiting patiently.

Mine broke, it was already the second. This one I treated carefully and did not even get to use it but few times.

I hope they could send me the fixed instead or make their model more robust.

The camera itself is flawless and picture very clear. Just the damn wire that has no play in it and does not take bending or twisting.

You could do the Amazon shuffle and buy a new one and return the broken.

It's all the same in the end, and I don't feel sorry for burning Amazon or Chinese retailers.

Reactions: Near miss
I ordered it straigth from them.

I sent them recently a new email and they responded. I guess they had brief overload during chinese newyear or something else.

I offered to pay the difference to their Ridig borescope.

It should last for sure.

I hope someone handy could get those 2 broken units repaired, should only require rewiring. I never bent my camera much at all but when checking the bore I do twist it and I noticed the reinforcement does not protect the wiring from twisting very well, there is slack for sure.

I just scored one off Amazon. I've never used a borescope before, so I may be like the dude who looks through a BSA for the first time & is blown away by actually having magnification, but I'm pretty impressed.

I was able to clearly see things I've never been able to before. I can see why some people go overboard with them though, a bore is far from a perfect surface.

I think it'll be useful & interesting for sure.

I am trying to find how to use on my Macbook Air but I couldn't make it work.
Does anyone has any tip?

Thank you in advance