• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP 10 Wait Times

Mr_MagicMallyMall

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2012
Texas
Anyone who ordered Q1 of this year getting any in? I ordered mine back in Feb. Still no word. I'm not growing impatient at all, just wanted to get an idea of what my timeline might be looking like.

Last posting under the bolt action rifle thread for GA lead times dated 9/4/13, they are stating 10 months for the GAP 10. It is a sticky. With a Feb 13 order you would be in the Nov delivery range. They keep that thread updated on the first posting, check there periodically for info on lead times.

I emailed Dustin on this end, today, about my February order. Said February orders were still a 10 month lead time. Fucking great.

I ordered mine on 8/22/13 and was told 10 months. Seems like that is the consistent turn around time.

I ordered mine on 8/22/13 and was told 10 months. Seems like that is the consistent turn around time.
Except yours wasn't bumped to back of the line involuntarily, by the crew watching out for folks in Connecticut and Maryland...so it'll likely be less.

Really netranger6? Are you really that upset that GA would move a couple of people in front of you (NOT move you to the back of the line) to allow customers to receive their rifles before impending laws would prohibit such a purchase?

If I am reading your posts correctly, GA has not even surpassed their original "estimate" of 10 months. Why are you complaining?

My estimate was 4-6 months and ending up taking about 9 months (50% longer than the longest lead time estimate). If you end up in the same boat, expect your build to take 15 months. In GA's defense, they made it clear to me that their estimated lead times were simply estimates.

At least GAP is delivering rifles with accurate lead times. larue was supposed to have the predatobr available in july 2012. They then lied and said it would be available march 2013. They then lied again and said it would be available in august 2013. The rifle design has been altered twice since it was made available to order, first with a qd takedown feature, then with in house produced barrels. To date no rifles have been shipped and no communication from the company on why rifles are not being shipped.

It could be worse....
Just sayin....
Be thankful you ordered from the right company.

J

True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Upset? No. Frustrated yes. Not something I expected nor anticipated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Consider yourself lucky you can still get it. Don't even talk to me about frustrated. You don't know the true meaning of the word.

I finalized my build / paid a few days ago for my GAP-10. I too was quoted 10 months but Dustin also told me that they have 200 orders for January and February, and that after that, production should be picked up and realistically I should be looking at 8 months. Obviously a lot can happen in that a mount of time but I still liked his honesty; even if it takes 12 months, I know I will be getting the rifle of my dreams, just the way I ordered it!

Ordered 2/5/13 quoted 10 months also.. I get the feeling that we will get a call in the next few weeks, and I will be sure to post up when I hear anything as will a lot of others.

but to share the feelings it was "Not something I expected nor anticipated". but then again nor was the recent elections or all this anti 2A crap. I know had any of us been affected by law changes, we would be beyond frustrated, so If I don't get delayed beyond what I was quoted and it allows my brethren to also get theirs, then I can deal with it, and just will continue mutter in the garage over a few beers and be ok ;)

We can make it a few more weeks, that is what I keep telling myself ;) I know I am already starting to come down with a cold might be sick soon.. cough.. cough...

Netranger if you were closer there would be plenty of cold Shiners to share while we wait!

Ordered 2/5/13 quoted 10 months also.. I get the feeling that we will get a call in the next few weeks, and I will be sure to post up when I hear anything as will a lot of others.

but to share the feelings it was "Not something I expected nor anticipated". but then again nor was the recent elections or all this anti 2A crap. I know had any of us been affected by law changes, we would be beyond frustrated, so If I don't get delayed beyond what I was quoted and it allows my brethren to also get theirs, then I can deal with it, and just will continue mutter in the garage over a few beers and be ok ;)

We can make it a few more weeks, that is what I keep telling myself ;) I know I am already starting to come down with a cold might be sick soon.. cough.. cough...

Netranger if you were closer there would be plenty of cold Shiners to share while we wait!

I'll take Netranger's COWLD beer for him.

I ordered 1/4/13, emailed Ken about it and got a reply yesterday that my rifle just finished getting painted and is moving to QA, once QA is done I should be getting the call.

Anyone know if GAP would ship out a lower to my FFL to get transferred to my name before a possible ban here in CA? Then let me ship it back to them to start/finish the rifle?

I ordered mine in Feb- if I remember correctly ken said it would be done some time late December early January.

My order was placed Jan 24 '13. I have not heard anything from GA yet. At the time they quoted 6 - 8 months. I'm on ten months here soon. I even took a week vacation in mid September building in a buffer to break it in, shoot it and get some DOPE. Awwww well, it'll still be well worth the wait. I'm just grateful that the Feds haven't placed a nationwide ban on these things and that my order can be shipped when complete.

I ordered a fairly vanilla one myself,

18" fluted
PRS Stock
I sent them a trigger and muzzle brake I had
cerakote entire rifle mil spec OD

Now save up for a Tac Ops drag bag, Atlas bipod and shit-ton of .308 ammo(or is that platinum?) :)

-G45

i placed my order in december and no rifle just yet.
I dont care how long it takes. i just want them to keep their quality control up.

Ordere mid Feb. hoping for new rail design as added bonus.

Specs:

GAP10, FDE everything, fluted 18, FTE brake, switch, ssa-e, PRS, tuned for 30p-1, custom engraving incorporating my sons birthday into serial number. She'll be a keeper. Until my 4 year old is ready, the only finger touching the trigger will be mine.

It's Here at last!

Now she just needs a scope.

nwsg.jpg

leb0.jpg

mlzy.jpg

brfx.jpg

Regarding White Shark's pics... what's up with the new mag release? Is it ambi? Or does the raised serrated area just give you a place to press your finger to seat the mag catch into a problematic mag?

Last edited:
Regarding White Shark's pics... what's up with the new mag release? Is it ambi? Or does the raised serrated area just give you a place to press your finger to seat the mag catch into a problematic mag?

it's a Norgon Ambi mag-catch

Anyone else get the call. I should be getting real close, I cheated though. I bought a rifle already in production. Didn't have to wait nearly as long. I believe mine was ordered the 20th(ish) of January.

23" 6 CM
Tan, non adjustable block.

Anyone know if GAP would ship out a lower to my FFL to get transferred to my name before a possible ban here in CA? Then let me ship it back to them to start/finish the rifle?

Hi, new guy here, first post. I received my GAP about month ago. I ordered it back in Dec. about a week after Newtown. I asked at the time if they would ship my lower for the same reason as above and they would not. Best they would offer was to refund my deposit if new legislation passed before my build was complete. At the time their lead time was 4-6 mo. It took ten. And a long ten it was.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and am looking forward to all this community has to offer.

Hi, new guy here, first post. I received my GAP about month ago. I ordered it back in Dec. about a week after Newtown. I asked at the time if they would ship my lower for the same reason as above and they would not. Best they would offer was to refund my deposit if new legislation passed before my build was complete. At the time their lead time was 4-6 mo. It took ten. And a long ten it was.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and am looking forward to all this community has to offer.

Got it. Thanks shinbone.

Welcome to the Hide. There is tons of great information and experienced people on here who have taught me about more than I ever thought to ask about ballistics and long range shooting.

Who has received theirs lately or got the call? My one year was yesterday. Getting pretty anxious as the weather is turning. With only 3 days of summer here in ND, good shooting days are limited.

Who has received theirs lately or got the call? My one year was yesterday. Getting pretty anxious as the weather is turning. With only 3 days of summer here in ND, good shooting days are limited.

1/28/13 order date and it was ready on the 2/4/14

I ordered one 2/1/13 and have not received it yet.
I spoke to ken last week and it looks like its going to be another month or so.