• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing GAP Build

alexzeph142

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2010
If I have parts of a build I would like assembled, does GAP assemble and true, coat, etc the weapon?

Re: GAP Build

I ordered parts individually as finances saw fit, now I want someone (GAP) to build it and true it, tune it, coat it, etc.

Here is my free advice:

call (816) 221-1844

Should probably clear up any questions you may have.

I think I got it, you're not so much asking about services, but supplying your own parts. They will do that. Right now they only take orders for full builds and that is a full build. You can go to their home page and click "services" to get an idea of what you'll owe.

yeah they'll do it, thats why you see GAP massaged guns for sale here all the time.

Just out of curiosity, why do you need GAP to do it? There are plenty of good gunsmiths around who can build it for a fraction of the cost of GAP. In my opinion, you could probably get better quality than GAP for a lesser price. GAP isn't the end all, be all when it comes to guns. Sounds like this is your first build, do your self a favor and snoop around the hide a little more for good gunsmiths. My advice to you is this...do a search for a guy named Jon Beanland. Not only will he build a gun just as good, if not better than GAP...he will do it a heck of a lot faster and cheaper. The gun Wont say GAP on it, but it will still shoot, I promise.

I'm having GAP barrel my ar with one of their bartleins otherwise i would just have somebody else build it. they have a HUGE wait right now too for anyone sending in guns just so you know. like year plus long wait.

This should get you started Who to choose?

There are plenty out there that guarantee greatness...several with Hiders to back it up. I know where I put my money.

Good luck with your build!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N8Lusk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This should get you started Who to choose?

There are plenty out there that guarantee greatness...several with Hiders to back it up. I know where I put my money.

Good luck with your build!</div></div>

Thanks!